ADVERTISEMENT

Newspring service today

How's the air up there in sanctimoniousville?
How's the air up there in sanctimoniousville?

This is in no way a sarcastic response. I live in sound doctrineville as the bible commands. I decided a long time ago not to let tradition, false teachers or the norm guide me. I got my bible out and started to read and study it. I went to seminary to obtain a better understanding of the scriptures. No I'm not judgemental nor I'm I some religious fanatic. I'm just a sinner saved by grace.

Reactions: TwoTweezy
You have got to be kidding me. Look at how many How many people came to Christ. Forget the money. Show me a church that has impacted this state more than NS.

Typical response whenever a newspringer is asked about financials, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

You arent going to answer nor will any other newspring "owner" but as plainly as I can state it: How was the $64 MILLION collected in donations in 2015 spent outside of the $3.8 Million given to missions? That accounts for 6% +/- of the total income, where is the other 94% spent?

wpid-giphy-4.gif

Typical response whenever a newspringer is asked about financials, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

You arent going to answer nor will any other newspring "owner" but as plainly as I can state it: How was the $64 MILLION collected in donations in 2015 spent outside of the $3.8 Million given to missions? That accounts for 6% +/- of the total income, where is the other 94% spent?

wpid-giphy-4.gif
I'll answer your question. Look at more than missions. Look at what they did for the flood. Building new campuses so more people can have an opportunity to meet Jesus. How much do you think it costs to maintain 18 campuses and all the business/personnel etc? Then all the local things they do in each community. Be fair when trying bash a church.

This is in no way a sarcastic response. I live in sound doctrineville as the bible commands. I decided a long time ago not to let tradition, false teachers or the norm guide me. I got my bible out and started to read and study it. I went to seminary to obtain a better understanding of the scriptures. No I'm not judgemental nor I'm I some religious fanatic. I'm just a sinner saved by grace.

So where are these guys missing the boat? Doctrinely speaking?

I'll answer your question. Look at more than missions. Look at what they did for the flood. Building new campuses so more people can have an opportunity to meet Jesus. How much do you think it costs to maintain 18 campuses and all the business/personnel etc? Then all the local things they do in each community. Be fair when trying bash a church.

Another canned response - stop bashing we do all kinds of good things.

I am being completely fair and not bashing them I asked a simple question which again you still cannot answer with even the slightest amount of detail. I understand there is overhead in running an organization that large.

How much went to help flood victims?
How much was spent on new buildings?
How much is spent on salaries, benefits, etc?

If 6% went to missions do salaries make up 70% and the other items you mentioned make up the 24%? Or vice verse. I want to know and so should you.

When I give to any charitable organization I always ask these questions and most of them are very forthcoming about how my money is spent.

I am being completely fair and not bashing them I asked a simple question which again you still cannot answer with even the slightest amount of detail. I understand there is overhead in running an organization that large.

If 6% went to missions do salaries make up 70% and the other items you mentioned make up the 24%? Or vice verse. I want to know and so should you.

When I give to any charitable organization I always ask these questions and most of them are very forthcoming about how my money is spent.
I know I go to a large church also. Every year we get a financial statement of where every penny will be used in the budget. After we get the budget we have 3 Sundays before the evening service to go to a room to ask any questions if necessary then the Pastor will present the budget before the congregation to vote on it. Think any church members should be able to know that.

@Will4Clemson When I give to any charitable organization I always ask these questions and most of them are very forthcoming about how my money is spent.
@Will4Clemson I know they gave $422,000+ to the flood victims in donations, plus restored 160 homes (obviously restored could be subjective), 730,000 bottles of water (not sure if thats alot or not as far as cost), 101 Thanksgiving meals, 88 shelters supplied with food and water.
No clue on the buildings.
Most of the time labor is approximately 50% of your expenses in business. Granted you could say well this is a church not a business and that would be correct. But you couldn't run a church with 32,000 people and 18 campuses any way other than as a business.
As far as tithing or giving goes, I tithe and if they are in some way misappropriating my tithe, that is on them, God blesses the Giver. I believe in what they are doing and with that I am willing to be a part of it spiritually and financially.
I give money to homeless people almost every time I see one, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to use it for food or something resourceful but that's not on me.

Last edited:

I dont really care either way but SWU has a point about church financials. Most churches provide those periodically or at least make them available to those who ask. We post hard copies of our's monthly for members to see. If I had a question, I wouldnt hesitate to talk to the pastor or one of the deacons about any part of it.

Then answer the questions i asked you:

I have 3 Questions. I will start by saying that when i did go to church we had monthly meetings in which all members would be present. In these meetings financial decisions were discussed, including the pastors salary. We always knew the exact amount the pastor received each month.

1. Can you tell me right now what Perry Noble makes each month?

2. Where does this money go?
https://newspring.cc/store

3. Am i reading this wrong?
Matthew 21:12-13
12. Jesus entered the temple area. He began chasing out all those who were buying and selling there. He turned over the tables of the people who were exchanging money. He also turned over the benches of those who were selling doves. 13. He said unto them, "It is written that the Lord said, 'My house will be called a house where people can pray.' (Isaiah 56:7) But you are making it a ‘den for robbers.’ ” (Jeremiah 7:11)

You can post all the propaganda you like, but when every NSer i have talked to is no different than the ppl i drink with at a bar i have to wonder what does it matter. When your pastor cusses and calls ppl stupid from the pulpit i wonder what kind of man of God is this. Churches like this is why i have all but lost faith in God.
Sorry I haven't been able to respond to you yet but I wanted to do some digging to see if I could answer your questions.
1. No I cannot. I did some searching around on the internet and they are mostly anti-NS and I've seen anywhere from $365,000 to $1.3MM. So no clue.
2. This money goes back into the church, what it is used for I have no idea. I also know that the last three years Perry has made over $80,000 in speeches and that was given to the church as were all the proceeds of his book. So I really cant give you a specific thing but I don't believe the profits from a $5 t-shirt are fleecing Perry Noble's pockets.
3. No you are interpreting that correctly. Not sure of the correlation though. I used to go to a smaller church, for years, they did a Christmas program called the "Twin Living Christmas Trees" and sold the DVD's in the lobby after the show. I would say that is fairly common in almost any church now. Not that its right or wrong but it is reality.

I dont really care either way but SWU has a point about church financials. Most churches provide those periodically or at least make them available to those who ask. We post hard copies of our's monthly for members to see. If I had a question, I wouldnt hesitate to talk to the pastor or one of the deacons about any part of it.
I am actually going to be in Anderson next week, I will go by their office and ask to see a more detailed financial report, I'll let you know what they say.

Sorry I haven't been able to respond to you yet but I wanted to do some digging to see if I could answer your questions.
1. No I cannot. I did some searching around on the internet and they are mostly anti-NS and I've seen anywhere from $365,000 to $1.3MM. So no clue.
2. This money goes back into the church, what it is used for I have no idea. I also know that the last three years Perry has made over $80,000 in speeches and that was given to the church as were all the proceeds of his book. So I really cant give you a specific thing but I don't believe the profits from a $5 t-shirt are fleecing Perry Noble's pockets.
3. No you are interpreting that correctly. Not sure of the correlation though. I used to go to a smaller church, for years, they did a Christmas program called the "Twin Living Christmas Trees" and sold the DVD's in the lobby after the show. I would say that is fairly common in almost any church now. Not that its right or wrong but it is reality.
As far as #3 goes, what they were doing wasnt right according to the rule book either. Just because they "are all doing it" dont make it right. And #1 should bother you. If it doesnt i dont know what to tell you.

As far as #3 goes, what they were doing wasnt right according to the rule book either. Just because they "are all doing it" dont make it right. And #1 should bother you. If it doesnt i dont know what to tell you.
To be honest I didn't know what the pastor at my last church was making. I really didn't care. Do the churches all you non-NS people attend buy their pastor gifts?

To be honest I didn't know what the pastor at my last church was making. I really didn't care. Do the churches all you non-NS people attend buy their pastor gifts?
I dont think i ever attended a church were the preacher made somewhere between 365K to 1.3 million a year. Why dont you go ask him what he makes and see what he tells you. Thats if you are even allowed to talk to him face to face. So keep deflecting and ignore all the red flags. He isnt the first and will not be the last charismatic person to manipulate the masses of sheep. Jimmy Swaggart would be so very proud of Perry Noble.

Last edited:
I am actually going to be in Anderson next week, I will go by their office and ask to see a more detailed financial report, I'll let you know what they say.

Brother, I hate to tell you but they are going to tell you to pound sand, but best of luck. I would understand with an organization that size how they cannot open the budget for complete discussion as it is done in smaller organizations but it should be there for every member to review in detail. This whole "trust us" we know what we are doing committee of other mega church pastors should make you uneasy.

Romans 16:18

Same here. And I have expressed concerns and asked questions of my Elders and Deacons before as well as in front of the whole body. Others have as well.

Brother, I hate to tell you but they are going to tell you to pound sand, but best of luck. I would understand with an organization that size how they cannot open the budget for complete discussion as it is done in smaller organizations but it should be there for every member to review in detail. This whole "trust us" we know what we are doing committee of other mega church pastors should make you uneasy.

Romans 16:18

Same here. And I have expressed concerns and asked questions of my Elders and Deacons before as well as in front of the whole body. Others have as well.
I go to a church that has almost 6,000 members don't know if that's considered a megachurch but we vote as a congregation on the proposed budget every year.

Reactions: BHSRebels89
Why didn't they take the millions it cost them to build a new campus and put it into the houses of those people who were devastated and lost everything because of the disaster? Why not? I'll tell you. Because there is no profit in that. Newspring may have started out in the early days as a good church, but it's a business now. A business that depends on the brain-less sheep that unwittingly fall victim to Perry Noble and his false doctrine, his completely absurd teachings and outright lies.

Why didn't they take the millions it cost them to build a new campus and put it into the houses of those people who were devastated and lost everything because of the disaster? Why not? I'll tell you. Because there is no profit in that. Newspring may have started out in the early days as a good church, but it's a business now. A business that depends on the brain-less sheep that unwittingly fall victim to Perry Noble and his false doctrine, his completely absurd teachings and outright lies.
I just checked out the NS website and I have to say it's laid out heavy on the marketing to "give" and "tithe". Websites are marketing tools, so if you aren't after someones wallet, then you don't need to push the donation agenda to this level. I'm not here to argue with folks about whether or not they should attend NS, but I was surprised to see the heavy slant toward money. Most mega churches are after the least and the lost, money comes after finding Christ and understanding that it's all his, not before.

Reactions: TwoTweezy
Why do you have to resort to name calling. Is Dabo a "brain-less sheep"? I've been pretty darn successful to be a brain less sheep.

We do buy our pastor gifts from time to time.

Let me also say that I wouldn't dare wanna get between you and God about where you choose to worship. I also realize there are gobs of Newspring haters out there. I'm not crazy about the mega churches myself but that's just my preference. I just wanted to let you know what I believe to be true about "most" churches and their finances. I personally don't pay much attention to what my church does with the money. I give as I believe God would have me give and it's on the leaders of the church what they do with it. If I didn't feel good about what they were doing with it and couldn't get a straight answer, I would find another church. That's just me. I glance every now and then but it is available if I choose to view it.

We do buy our pastor gifts from time to time.

Let me also say that I wouldn't dare wanna get between you and God about where you choose to worship. I also realize there are gobs of Newspring haters out there. I'm not crazy about the mega churches myself but that's just my preference. I just wanted to let you know what I believe to be true about "most" churches and their finances. I personally don't pay much attention to what my church does with the money. I give as I believe God would have me give and it's on the leaders of the church what they do with it. If I didn't feel good about what they were doing with it and couldn't get a straight answer, I would find another church. That's just me. I glance every now and then but it is available if I choose to view it.
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. If Perry is this horrible, manipulative monster he will get what's coming to him. And I don't believe he is. My relationship is with Christ. I just choose to go to NS because I love our campus pastor, my kids love going and I just don't understand why I'm an idiot or a brain less sheep for doing so. It's just crazy how many people hate a place that is trying to reach people for Christ.

Reactions: The Mixed Mamba
I just checked out the NS website and I have to say it's laid out heavy on the marketing to "give" and "tithe". Websites are marketing tools, so if you aren't after someones wallet, then you don't need to push the donation agenda to this level. I'm not here to argue with folks about whether or not they should attend NS, but I was surprised to see the heavy slant toward money. Most mega churches are after the least and the lost, money comes after finding Christ and understanding that it's all his, not before.
You ever been to a NS service?

My biggest issue is with Church's that don't pay taxes not having to release how much people are making. A very small amount of what NewSpring takes in goes to public works and outreach which is the reason that churches are tax exempt.

Reactions: SWUtigers
I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. If Perry is this horrible, manipulative monster he will get what's coming to him. And I don't believe he is. My relationship is with Christ. I just choose to go to NS because I love our campus pastor, my kids love going and I just don't understand why I'm an idiot or a brain less sheep for doing so. It's just crazy how many people hate a place that is trying to reach people for Christ.
You don't go to a church to worship. You go to a business run in a large warehouse structure meant to manipulate its members into becoming "owners" and give them your money. The only part of your soul that Perry Noble is hoping to save is the part that writes the checks.

You don't go to a church to worship. You go to a business run in a large warehouse structure meant to manipulate its members into becoming "owners" and give them your money. The only part of your soul that Perry Noble is hoping to save is the part that writes the checks.
@leatherman youve got plenty of opinions yet you don't answer my simple question. Is Dabo a brain less sheep?

My biggest issue is with Church's that don't pay taxes not having to release how much people are making. A very small amount of what NewSpring takes in goes to public works and outreach which is the reason that churches are tax exempt.
Seems like @yoshi121374 has the financials we are all looking for. Please expound on how you came about this wealth of knowledge.

You ever been to a NS service?
If this Church works for you then great. I had to have a chat with the CFO of my church to get over some hurdles of understanding our financials. It's not out of bounds to to what to know where the money goes.

If this Church works for you then great. I had to have a chat with the CFO of my church to get over some hurdles of understanding our financials. It's not out of bounds to to what to know where the money goes.
I was referring to your comment about the lost and broken. If you'd ever been to a NS service you would know that reaching those people is a huge priority for NS. Almost every service something will be said along the lines of, "we want the messed up people, the people that traditional churches won't let in the building." I'm just saying if you haven't experienced it it's probably best to not mention it.

I was referring to your comment about the lost and broken. If you'd ever been to a NS service you would know that reaching those people is a huge priority for NS. Almost every service something will be said along the lines of, "we want the messed up people, the people that traditional churches won't let in the building." I'm just saying if you haven't experienced it it's probably best to not mention it.
I hear you, we (www.mecklenburg.org) are about bringing the unchurched to God. Our Pastor likes to joke about looking around the congregation and himself, saying we are all surrounded by some bad company, including the ones that think otherwise.

@leatherman youve got plenty of opinions yet you don't answer my simple question. Is Dabo a brain less sheep?

It's sad there is a lot of vitriol in the tone of some people on here. However, I think the point they are making is a valid one. Why is there so much secrecy around the church as a whole? Where does all that money go? I quit going to NS because I couldn't get a strait answer on some doctrinal positions. My kids loved it so it was not easy to leave. I'd just caution you with these words from an 18th century Presbyterian minister: "when the number of attendees is the primary goal, doctrinal integrity must be compromised."

I'm certainly not going to label an entire congregation of 40,000 people as blind sheep, but there are many who refuse to see fault in Perry. He can deliver a good word, but the childish anecdotes, provocative statements and self absorbed "I'm preaching today!" assertions from the pulpit should cause you to question a few things. Perry needs to humble himself and find an older, Godly mentor. Just my 2 cents.

It's sad there is a lot of vitriol in the tone of some people on here. However, I think the point they are making is a valid one. Why is there so much secrecy around the church as a whole? Where does all that money go? I quit going to NS because I couldn't get a strait answer on some doctrinal positions. My kids loved it so it was not easy to leave. I'd just caution you with these words from an 18th century Presbyterian minister: "when the number of attendees is the primary goal, doctrinal integrity must be compromised."

I'm certainly not going to label an entire congregation of 40,000 people as blind sheep, but there are many who refuse to see fault in Perry. He can deliver a good word, but the childish anecdotes, provocative statements and self absorbed "I'm preaching today!" assertions from the pulpit should cause you to question a few things. Perry needs to humble himself and find an older, Godly mentor. Just my 2 cents.
No problem with that. But @leatherman cant answer a simple question. Is Dabo a blind sheep.

Just like everything on this board, if the majority doesn't agree with every single thing that someone posts verbatim, they find a way to crap all over it.

The spirit of the post was that a church did something for a family in need. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing. You shouldn't have to defend every line item in your church's budget. All these "experts" probably go to some old-school, non-mega church with skeletons is the closest that they know nothing about, but they spend time worrying about someone else's church. I've only seen Perry Noble preach once a couple of years back, so I have no skin in that game, but people let their distaste for him become the driving force behind losing sight of a good deed on Mother's Day.

I can only hope most don't live their day-to-day lives with this synical nature. If so, I feel bad for them.

Good post @MTTiger19. You "rustled the jimmies" as you stated. Lol

Last edited:
Jesus goes to Newspring? And I can meet him if I go? How does he get to all 18 campuses? And for all of those questioning the financials, the link provided shows one of the most clear and concise balance sheets I have ever seen come of out of the Lionel Hutz School of Accounting. I know all I need to know about Newspring when I drive by the old Milliken property outside of Clemson where they are building another "temple to God" with some commercials space still available in the front parcels!!!

Reactions: hollandy
Is that how you justify going to this "church", because Dabo goes too? That's brain-less. I can't speak to what Dabo's beliefs are or his reasoning for going, but I hold my position that anyone who goes to Newspring either doesn't know or doesn't care about the real purpose of the Mega-Church... which makes them a sheep.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT