ADVERTISEMENT

NFL: Increase Your Draft Position with Black Coach or GM

I lost out on thousands of scholarship dollars when i checked the box labeled white, then the box male. Does that qualify?

I would also like to hear what advantages a white male has over any other person in 2020. Please tell me.

The most adored people on the planet are in fact not white in 2020. I feel like some people are stuck in damn 1960, and for whatever reason just cannot admit the world is what you make it.

Anyways, none of this crap matters. White people 30 years from now will be the minority and I SO FREAKING LOOK FORWARD TO IT
I don't agree with the method the NFL is considering. I do aplaud them for attempting to address it, however. Just wanted to get that out there in the spirit of the thread.

As for your post. Have you ever considered that maybe your perspective on the matter makes it difficult for you to see and understand the advantages that white males have in this world? Trust me, it's there.

Last edited:
That's fine. Reverse racism tho. You can't have this one opportunity but you have plenty of other great opportunities. Racism is you have no opportunity or take this one that is beneath you or leave it. We don't care.

I suspect that anyone that dies on the hill of reverse racism I'm probably not smart enough to convince them. You would literally have to walk in my shoes as a comparison. And that's not fair to you because that's quite frankly impossible. I ain't mad at you. And I'm happy. I've done what I can and I can admit the system is crappy and unfair with tons of examples. I still put my head down and work. And I've been successful. But I won't pretend like reality is any close to what some try to project as real. The truth is there are multiple realities even within the same races, between races, genders, etc. I won't discount your personal experience but in the world at large and it's impact this reverse racism claim is funny at best.

You speak as if you know everything and the reality is you don’t. You have walked in your shoes and yours only. I am not looking to die on a hill, i am living because i have a will to persevere.

Your notion of a “missed opportunity” is beyond laughable. One “missed opportunity” or “funny at best” doesn’t begin to scratch the surface.

My parents lost their business and their entire livelihoods because we were not the right skin color. That is a fact. Doesn’t matter what the details are, it isn’t for you to judge.

This isn’t about if racism exists, it does and it happens to many people, not just one group of a certain skin tone, but to many people of many different heritages.

Shouldn't we be looking at the general population and percentages if we are going to really do this right and make things less racist and more fair.

Serious question.

Looking at the US population, it certainly seems like we would need another black coach/GM or two. However, it seems like there is a lot more work to do on the Black/White player ratio. That is by far more out of whack. I am really not sure what the fair penalty would be for teams whose player populations aren't white enough and who don't draft enough white players high enough. Lots to iron out, but I'm sure it could be figured out.

It gets a bit harder if we try and account for Hispanics and Asians... oh, and Women. I think that we really should do that as well. Or should we not worry about that right now and get this black / white thing ironed out first before we bring in all those others?

You speak as if you know everything and the reality is you don’t. You have walked in your shoes and yours only. I am not looking to die on a hill, i am living because i have a will to persevere.

Your notion of a “missed opportunity” is beyond laughable. One “missed opportunity” or “funny at best” doesn’t begin to scratch the surface.

My parents lost their business and their entire livelihoods because we were not the right skin color. That is a fact. Doesn’t matter what the details are, it isn’t for you to judge.

This isn’t about if racism exists, it does and it happens to many people, not just one group of a certain skin tone, but to many people of many different heritages.

The you think know everything defense huh?

I literally said in that post that there are multiple realities even within the same race. That means my reality can be different from another black persons reality. I also said it's not fair to expect you to be able to see my point of view as yours because you can't walk in my shoes. That's basically saying no one is wrong even tho I'm giving you my reality. How in the hell does that mean I think I know everything?

Even if my life sucked I don't make a decision or call based on my one situation. I try and look at the larger group. Even if your family was taken advantage of in some way which sucks, reverse racism pales in comparison as far as the magnitude of the impact. I know there are white families that suffer due to this nations history. I try to support plans that make the most sense with the least amount of collateral damage to innocent people. But its never going to be perfect. I just don't get when people look at the collateral damage to those plans as if it is the same as the complete damage done for generations of racism. I don't wish ill will on your family at all and I hope everything works out.

I lost out on thousands of scholarship dollars when i checked the box labeled white, then the box male. Does that qualify?

I would also like to hear what advantages a white male has over any other person in 2020. Please tell me.

The most adored people on the planet are in fact not white in 2020. I feel like some people are stuck in damn 1960, and for whatever reason just cannot admit the world is what you make it.

Anyways, none of this crap matters. White people 30 years from now will be the minority and I SO FREAKING LOOK FORWARD TO IT
You clearly don't get it and that's the problem.

Reactions: TigerLion06

This dude doesn't understand affirmative action completely in my opinion. Some uses of affirmative action are bad in my personal opinion. For example in my opinion quotas are a bad idea. They can lead to putting unqualified people in positions. However, if you fill a quota and all the people are qualified then I don't have such a problem. Case in point. A school wants to have a 10% quota to diversify their student body. Prove that you have not put anyone below standards in that 10%. It can be problematic if so. But check this out. People get triggered by such a small percentage of QUALIFIED people still. Never mind that UNQUALIFIED white students that are legacies, not to mention kids of donors, special favors, etc will get in under the bar but instead of searching the 90% for those folks they'll search the measly 10%. How sad is that?

Also, within that 10% imagine that many are athletes that get special opportunities. At the end of the day it's not even that many students getting the opportunities and people are still mad. Imagine going through what got us here and we're upset over a few spots per year. They'll literally identify a couple of people that are qualified but subjectively less qualified compared to the white person who is challenging it. They may have more extracurricular activities, similar GPA and a slightly lower SAT score. But qualified none the less. Yes it sucks for those getting rejected but again, go look in the 90% and you'll find plenty of white totally unqualified people and you don't even have to blame the minorities. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all.

If you think this is "racist" then you don't understand what racism is. This is an attempt to combat the effects of racism. This is not racism.

That said, not sure I like it, but don't really care either way.

--Mr. DT

Racism in action manifest when preferential treatment is provided based on the color of skin. This “proposal” is definitely racist and to say it’s s not is indefensible.

The bigger issue for the NFL, is this highlights continued bad decision making and leadership. You can address what you deem a problem many different ways, without injecting politics directly into the game.

Last edited:
There's not much I can say to this post. I can't even laugh at it. It's sad quite frankly. I wish you could walk in the shoes shoes of a black person for one year. I guarantee it'll change your perspective. And if you're so fair in your own mind then people like you won't be a problem to minorities. It's the many who don't believe like you do that you'll be fighting. There's a bunch of them out there.

As I've stated I worked in admissions. Get an honest admissions person and they'll say you sound completely stupid in the notion that you lost out on thousands of dollars once you checked white. Once you checked white you qualified for millions in scholarships. Many scholarships are literally written to eliminate or greatly reduce the chances of a non-white person to get it. Those are by default white only scholarships. Systems like that in place all over. Trust me. You may be able to pick a singular situation where you wouldn't mind being black but in general you'd be stupid to trade that. And I wouldn't blame you one bit. You didn't create this system. Not your fault. If I was white and did all the things I've done in my life at the very least if be left alone to live my life. Not harassed almost daily. Not quite daily. But there will be a stretch of time where things will happen that will challenge your right to simply be a man. It's not fun or fair.
While this is sad and unjust, (although if love proof)

It's I've thing to infer within the writing of a grant that one person is more eligible and another to completly legislate someone's ability to qualify out.

ANY rule that references race is racist. Everyone born in this country has the ability to become great , rich and successful through hard work.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
There's not much I can say to this post. I can't even laugh at it. It's sad quite frankly. I wish you could walk in the shoes shoes of a black person for one year. I guarantee it'll change your perspective. And if you're so fair in your own mind then people like you won't be a problem to minorities. It's the many who don't believe like you do that you'll be fighting. There's a bunch of them out there.

As I've stated I worked in admissions. Get an honest admissions person and they'll say you sound completely stupid in the notion that you lost out on thousands of dollars once you checked white. Once you checked white you qualified for millions in scholarships. Many scholarships are literally written to eliminate or greatly reduce the chances of a non-white person to get it. Those are by default white only scholarships. Systems like that in place all over. Trust me. You may be able to pick a singular situation where you wouldn't mind being black but in general you'd be stupid to trade that. And I wouldn't blame you one bit. You didn't create this system. Not your fault. If I was white and did all the things I've done in my life at the very least if be left alone to live my life. Not harassed almost daily. Not quite daily. But there will be a stretch of time where things will happen that will challenge your right to simply be a man. It's not fun or fair.

What a giant load of crap. You make up the most ridiculous stories. If we were arguing about the size of Alaskan Snow Crabs you would say you were half eskimo and worked on season 1 and 2 of Deadliest Catch

I don't agree with the method the NFL is considering. I do aplaud them for attempting to address it, however. Just wanted to get that out there in the spirit of the thread.

As for your post. Have you ever considered that maybe your perspective on the matter makes it difficult for you to see and understand the advantages that white males have in this world? Trust me, it's there.

Maybe you should take your own advise, and instead of generalizing due to skin color look at each individual person’s situation.

Reactions: dktum
SIAP

How does everyone feel about the NFL’s proposal to reward teams that have a black GM and/or a black coach with a jump up 16 draft slots in the third round?

To me, on its face, it’s racist. The whole point is to move away from the color of someone’s skin into the content of their character, right?

Who determines how many minorities is satisfactory?

If I’m a white dude that looses out to a black guy for a head coaching job, I think I sue.
My first question is, what are the qualifications for being a minority?

Does Elizabeth count?

If you think this is "racist" then you don't understand what racism is. This is an attempt to combat the effects of racism. This is not racism.

That said, not sure I like it, but don't really care either way.

--Mr. DT

So you're saying to combat racism you just need reverse racism..... makes sense

It's I've thing to infer within the writing of a grant that one person is more eligible and another to completly legislate someone's ability to qualify out.

ANY rule that references race is racist. Everyone born in this country has the ability to become great , rich and successful through hard work.

This is my stance on it. Race SHOULD NOT be included on any type of application (its strictly forbidden in the workplace) but for some reason in higher education its common place.

That is in itself racism. Requiring a certain skin color to apply for a scholarship and then using your skin color as a determining factor as to who will be awarded money to go to school is one of the most hypocritical things going on in our nation.

Just think about it like this. Imagine you are non white applicant and you are greatly depending on money to help ends meet and you noticed some scholarships become available but in order to qualify/seriously contend for the money you had to be white. And its clearly labeled as such. Our nation would absolutely lose their minds if that happened.

I dont believe in listing race on applications for anything because i simply do not care what skin color you are. I care about your qualifications/achievements.

I do believe in programs to help lower income kids with no support systems during foundational years (money is the real
divide in this country in 2020). Build those kids up so that the qualifications speak for themselves.

That's fine. Reverse racism tho. You can't have this one opportunity but you have plenty of other great opportunities. Racism is you have no opportunity or take this one that is beneath you or leave it. We don't care.

I suspect that anyone that dies on the hill of reverse racism I'm probably not smart enough to convince them. You would literally have to walk in my shoes as a comparison. And that's not fair to you because that's quite frankly impossible. I ain't mad at you. And I'm happy. I've done what I can and I can admit the system is crappy and unfair with tons of examples. I still put my head down and work. And I've been successful. But I won't pretend like reality is any close to what some try to project as real. The truth is there are multiple realities even within the same races, between races, genders, etc. I won't discount your personal experience but in the world at large and it's impact this reverse racism claim is funny at best.
Funny how you keep talking about how important it is to walk in your shoes while you have never actually walked in anybody else’s shoes. Another one way street with you I guess.

Reactions: cftum
Serious question.

Looking at the US population, it certainly seems like we would need another black coach/GM or two. However, it seems like there is a lot more work to do on the Black/White player ratio. That is by far more out of whack. I am really not sure what the fair penalty would be for teams whose player populations aren't white enough and who don't draft enough white players high enough. Lots to iron out, but I'm sure it could be figured out.

It gets a bit harder if we try and account for Hispanics and Asians... oh, and Women. I think that we really should do that as well. Or should we not worry about that right now and get this black / white thing ironed out first before we bring in all those others?

Serious question, show me the institutional barriers to there not being enough white, Hispanic, or Asian football players, and I'll agree with you that something should be done.

You can't, because there aren't. Don't be ignorant.

--Mr. DT

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

So, this policy is being put in place based on the fact that the NFL believes blacks are superior?

You all are so used to crying racism, you don't even understand what it is anymore. Just stop.

--Mr. DT

Reactions: TigerLion06
Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

So, this policy is being put in place based on the fact that the NFL believes blacks are superior?

You all are so used to crying racism, you don't even understand what it is anymore. Just stop.

--Mr. DT
You don’t think that blacks believe their race is superior in football and basketball and then use that to discriminate and antagonize against whites and Asians? You have never actually played either of those sports if you answer no. So they are the racists? Maybe you should stop. Quit acting like all of this is cut and dried and there aren’t a million different ways to analyze these things.

In 2020, the term “racism” has lost its bite. Credit to those who’ve screamed it for so many years, in cases for which it never applied.

Reactions: nsp1996
Serious question, show me the institutional barriers to there not being enough white, Hispanic, or Asian football players, and I'll agree with you that something should be done.

You can't, because there aren't. Don't be ignorant.

--Mr. DT

Oh, I'm not ignorant. That's the problem.

Don't be racist.

If we are going to go full retard and make policies based upon race to somehow progress as a country and make things more color-blind and less racist, then let's set quotas across the board at all levels. Let's not repeat the mistakes of racial policies of the past.

Another, equal way of stating this tribalistic spue, is that if you have a coach of a disapproved color you get penalized by being moved down in the draft. History doesn't repeat itself but often it rhymes. How Bull Connor. How Jim Crow. How demeaning to coaches of color. Not even soft bigotry of low expectations - just straight-up rock-hard bigotry.

racial traits are traits that one is born with and has not control, nor moral input into. Pure racist evil to pick winners and losers based on such. Protests or preening about "progress" can't alter that.

People are created in God's image, not machines, not pieces of meat, and not pawns in some tribalistic subjugation of others. Truly a sick, un-enlightened idea.

You don’t think that blacks believe their race is superior in football and basketball and then use that to discriminate and antagonize against whites and Asians? You have never actually played either of those sports if you answer no. So they are the racists? Maybe you should stop. Quit acting like all of this is cut and dried and there aren’t a million different ways to analyze these things.

How would blacks discriminate against whites and Asians in basketball in a meaningful way? Calling them names on the court doesn't qualify. That doesn't prevent anyone from playing the sport itself.

70% of NFL players are black. Less than 10% of head coaches and GMs are black. That's what we're talking about here.

--Mr. DT

How would blacks discriminate against whites and Asians in basketball in a meaningful way? Calling them names on the court doesn't qualify. That doesn't prevent anyone from playing the sport itself.

70% of NFL players are black. Less than 10% of head coaches and GMs are black. That's what we're talking about here.

--Mr. DT
And 12% of the US population is black. So the number of players in the NFL is unbelievably disproportionate while the number of head coaches and GM’s is not far off at all. And like I said, if you don’t think being ridiculed and made fun of and constantly disrespected in the sport you are trying to play is not a huge deterrent then you have never played those sports.

If we are going to go full retard and make policies based upon race to somehow progress as a country and make things more color-blind and less racist, then let's set quotas across the board at all levels. Let's not repeat the mistakes of racial policies of the past.

Sounds good

And 12% of the US population is black. So the number of players in the NFL is unbelievably disproportionate while the number of head coaches and GM’s is not far off at all. And like I said, if you don’t think being ridiculed and made fun of and constantly disrespected in the sport you are trying to play is not a huge deterrent then you have never played those sports.

Lol. Didn't seem to stop Jackie Robinson.

SIAP

How does everyone feel about the NFL’s proposal to reward teams that have a black GM and/or a black coach with a jump up 16 draft slots in the third round?

To me, on its face, it’s racist. The whole point is to move away from the color of someone’s skin into the content of their character, right?

Who determines how many minorities is satisfactory?

If I’m a white dude that looses out to a black guy for a head coaching job, I think I sue.

How many draft picks can you jump for hiring an Asian? Indian? LGBTQ member?

Reactions: childoforange
Funny how you keep talking about how important it is to walk in your shoes while you have never actually walked in anybody else’s shoes. Another one way street with you I guess.

You missed the part where I said that's the reason NO ONE is wrong. In your haste to argue you missed that part. No problem. Now go back and read it and see if it feels different now.

No matter how much black athletes would think they are better than any other race they are not the ones picking the teams. White men are the coaches and GMs making those decisions.

Well anyway.

It's Sunday, its a nice day out and myself and my family are healthy. So I'm going to be positive in the face of all this stupidity.

If this actually becomes a real thing and goes through, this will increase the the chances that Willie Taggart goes on to coach the Panthers and make them even worse than they are now. He was great for FSU and I'd love to see him do the same for them.

I hate that team for not drafting Clemson players.

Go Raiders!

No matter how much black athletes would think they are better than any other race they are not the ones picking the teams. White men are the coaches and GMs making those decisions.
Why is it a problem that 10% of NFL coaches are black? What is the appropriate % and why?

Reactions: CUTiger81

What a giant load of crap. You make up the most ridiculous stories. If we were arguing about the size of Alaskan Snow Crabs you would say you were half eskimo and worked on season 1 and 2 of Deadliest Catch

There are very simple ways to circumvent the race thing without calling out race. I learned this working in admissions.

Anyone can do it. Even black folks. This was done often. I wonder if there was a way to get a list of scholarships made available the past 20 years and just read and read and read and see how many are specific to areas, counties mainly, schools, even if I recall right there were some church based so that would include religion.

Create a scholarship to be awarded from a certain county and school was the most popular tho. Completely legit at the time. One of the counselors explained to me that the county named was 95% white and in some cases higher. The people selecting the winners were white people in some cases that were fully familiar with the applicants. Even tho this was pretty easy to accomplish there were other clever ways to make sure the right person got it. This was explained to me from day one at Clemson and that was 101 of the course. It's a brilliant system.

I'm ok with people disagreeing with me. It's hard for someone to see where I'm coming from in my opinions just like it's hard for me to see where they're coming from with their opinions. We all have different experiences. I try to add a perspective and someone might consider that. I don't care if I change someone's mind. Outside of the outright dumbasses and pure stupid people, those that disagree with me doesn't mean they are racist. Don't get me wrong, some of you are. But I don't look at it like that when you come with sound reasoning and experiences explaining why you think a certain way.

I've been consistent on this board trying to explain WHY I believe a certain way including any life experiences. Then you have dumbasses like @jmh9713 who disagrees which is fine but then claims I'm making this story up instead of just asking for an example like @BAnksMcFadden did. I don't know any of you and I don't care if I add to your life or change your life but some things on this board have made me think deeper. Even posts I disagree with. So no need to get emotional although sometimes I will give negative energy back. I'm here to exchange ideas and experiences.

Why is it a problem that 10% of NFL coaches are black? What is the appropriate % and why?

Honestly man if you and I were talking I don't give a damn about that. It's such a small part of the world that it isn't changing my life. Plus I'm used to it. Even us black folks are brainwashed into thinking a certain way. I thought growing up that all teachers were women. All football coaches were white.

Now if you asked me to think about it....over the years I've noticed that the rules have changed. The number of black people qualified to be head coaches were small. They were told you need more experience. They created opportunities for more black folks to become assistants. Former players were encouraged to continue in the game. Quite frankly the brainwashing told us it was a white person job. We're just players. People's thinking evolved. Then you notice even with experience they weren't even getting interviews. It's bad when you see qualified hard-working people not even getting a chance to interview. That's opportunity. Not a job. Just opportunity. Then they made new excuses. They don't interview well. That's fine. Teach them to interview better. They are constantly creating ways to even the playing field based on excuses that owners or whomever use. I'm used to it man. I've seen it all my life but the NFL must be embarrassed by it because when you're around the game it's sadly noticeable. Long before it reaches the media. When the media notices it, it becomes a problem.

I think they overreach because the goal posts keep moving and they are trying to get ahead of it and anticipate the movement. That's why you get these stupid ideas. I respect them trying tho but I don't agree with this last one at all. I think they are hoping and waiting for the old batch of owners to die off. Many others in the organization have already moved on. Many in America have moved on but you have certain people correctly placed that haven't and they keep policies alive by updating them to fit what can get by at the time. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Steven15
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT