ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley Tweet

Most classifications of people have experienced prejudice, racism, unfair treatment etc at some point in history. I'm just saying it doesn't do anyone any good to live 60+ years ago in the past because nobody can change how things were or what happened. Just one man's opinion but I think when people give excess attention to the terrible things that happened years ago, they are more likely to see ghosts so to speak and have a perception that relations today are worse than they actually are.

We can only change how we treat people today and going forward. If I had the power to go back in time and change things I would. But I don't so I've accepted that all I can do is treat everyone I come across in life with kindness and equality and choose to have a positive outlook instead of a negative one.

As far as the border patrol thing, I wasn't aware of that. But that doesn't surprise me since I understand that we live in the real world not utopia. We have people in this country that rob, rape, and murder other people EVERY SINGLE DAY. Of course there are going to be people that say and do racist things. But that doesn't mean that as citizens we should extrapolate those stories of racism and prejudice that the media crams down our throat and act like relations aren't literally the best they have ever been in the history of our country.

This mindset is so aggravating. Even if we assume that "race relations are literally the best they have ever been in the history of our country", it doesn't give you the right to tell people to shut up about the injustices they experience. We keep fighting to make things better. I could say that "we literally have the best standard of living of any society in history right now" but the GOP still gets to whine that taxes are too high. We are constantly trying to better our society regardless of how good it is.

This mindset is so aggravating. Even if we assume that "race relations are literally the best they have ever been in the history of our country", it doesn't give you the right to tell people to shut up about the injustices they experience. We keep fighting to make things better. I could say that "we literally have the best standard of living of any society in history right now" but the GOP still gets to whine that taxes are too high. We are constantly trying to better our society regardless of how good it is.

My reality is that things are great and I feel blessed to be where I am compared to my ancestors. That helps me get through whenever these things happen. But if you ask me about my day to day existence it down right sucks sometimes and the treatment I receive is horrible. There are a lot of things still wrong and when you mention those things people don't believe it or act like you should ignore it. As a citizen of this country those things should not happen. Things being better is a different conversation than things being bad.

People that say the media is cramming it down their throats are probably rarely the victim of such things. That attitude sounds horrible to someone like me because it literally says they don't care and rather not hear about it.

I appreciate people like yourself that understand that even tho it's not 60yrs ago it's still bad. Not as bad as 60yrs ago but still bad. They are the ones quick to say just leave the country instead of addressing the issues.

Reactions: FLaw47
None of the points I made came from a place of malice. And I didn’t tell anyone to shut up about any injustices that they personally experienced. The theme of my post was that people should work to find common ground, dwell on the past less, and focus on moving forward and treating others with equality and kindness.

You did the opposite of that. My opinion wasn’t a carbon copy of yours so rather than seek to find common ground, you put words into my mouth and then argue them because you’re so eager to tell me I’m wrong and you’re right.

None of the points I made came from a place of malice.

I didn't mean to imply it was malice. That's why I called your opinion "aggravating" and not "insulting" or something. I'd argue (as eye rolley as it is) that your response comes from a place of privilege.

And I didn’t tell anyone to shut up about any injustices that they personally experienced.

Do you not feel like some making the following the statements is pretty dismissive? "Most classifications of people have experienced prejudice, racism, unfair treatment etc at some point in history." and "and act like relations aren't literally the best they have ever been in the history of our country."

I've never personally experienced these injustices. I'm a white straight male who comes from a well to do family. Am I not allowed to be upset for other people's experiences?

The theme of my post was that people should work to find common ground, dwell on the past less, and focus on moving forward and treating others with equality and kindness.

You did the opposite of that. My opinion wasn’t a carbon copy of yours so rather than seek to find common ground, you put words into my mouth and then argue them because you’re so eager to tell me I’m wrong and you’re right.

The whole "let's find common ground" thing sounds good but it's inherently loaded. What's the common ground we're supposed to start everything from? That everyone should be treated equal? Ok, then why is it not ok for people to point out inequity? Is it that things are pretty good? We don't all agree with that statement. I'm sincerely asking. What's the common ground that I'm supposed to be starting from?

Reactions: TigerLion06
Woman president? Yea no

It'll happen and could easily be a Republican. It may not be Haley (2024 is a long time off) but I think she has an excellent chance. Off the top of my head I like a Haley/Dan Crenshaw ticket - but that's just because I think we need a VP with an eyepatch.

She could be. I worry that she will cave into gun control demands ever time there is an organized school shooting by the left.

She won't. She is a passionate defender of the 2nd.

Haley gets flack for the Confederate flag thing but at that time (and still now) it was the right call.

In short - she's tough as nails.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rychek4
She could be. I worry that she will cave into gun control demands ever time there is an organized school shooting by the left.

Are you implying that the left organizes school shootings, or are you just shitty with grammar?

I didn't mean to imply it was malice. That's why I called your opinion "aggravating" and not "insulting" or something. I'd argue (as eye rolley as it is) that your response comes from a place of privilege.

Do you not feel like some making the following the statements is pretty dismissive? "Most classifications of people have experienced prejudice, racism, unfair treatment etc at some point in history." and "and act like relations aren't literally the best they have ever been in the history of our country."

I've never personally experienced these injustices. I'm a white straight male who comes from a well to do family. Am I not allowed to be upset for other people's experiences?

The whole "let's find common ground" thing sounds good but it's inherently loaded. What's the common ground we're supposed to start everything from? That everyone should be treated equal? Ok, then why is it not ok for people to point out inequity? Is it that things are pretty good? We don't all agree with that statement. I'm sincerely asking. What's the common ground that I'm supposed to be starting from?
Thanks for the level headed response. Trust me I am not privileged or from a well to do family. I didn't have it very easy. Yes I'll admit that the statement you quoted is a bit dismissive, but it's the truth. Many, many different classifications of people have experienced unfair treatment at some point in history. Some groups experienced it worse than others, sure. But at some point you do have to separate the past from today and be thankful that we have come A LONG WAY.

I was raised in a tough love, no whining household. Bitching and complaining were not tolerated because my parents didn't think it was productive or healthy. You might think its callous or cold of me, but my personal line of sympathy doesn't extend as far out as yours when it comes to "inequality". Someone loses a family member in a tragic accident? My heart breaks for them. Someone walks into a store and they feel like a store employee is watching them closely because they think they might steal something because of skin color? Life's not fair, there are ignorant people out there, move on.

Thanks for the level headed response. Trust me I am not privileged or from a well to do family. I didn't have it very easy. Yes I'll admit that the statement you quoted is a bit dismissive, but it's the truth. Many, many different classifications of people have experienced unfair treatment at some point in history. Some groups experienced it worse than others, sure. But at some point you do have to separate the past from today and be thankful that we have come A LONG WAY.

I was raised in a tough love, no whining household. Bitching and complaining were not tolerated because my parents didn't think it was productive or healthy. You might think its callous or cold of me, but my personal line of sympathy doesn't extend as far out as yours when it comes to "inequality". Someone loses a family member in a tragic accident? My heart breaks for them. Someone walks into a store and they feel like a store employee is watching them closely because they think they might steal something because of skin color? Life's not fair, there are ignorant people out there, move on.

I don't think I mean privilege the way you think I do. I mean it in the sense that you're probably white and are not subjected to the sorts of every day injustices that other people are because of their skin color. It's really easy to have a blind spot for things that don't personally affect you so I don't say it to be insulting. I could be wrong on all of that and, if so, I apologize.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion on this. It's clear to me that we have a strong disagreement and that's ok. I will point out, though, that you again dismissed people's problems. No one is saying "things were really bad 60 years ago so I'm going to complain today" but they are saying "things are still pretty bad today" or "things were really bad 60 years ago and have screwed things up so badly that the impacts are still with us today". You can disagree with those sentiments but please don't say that you're not dismissing people's complaints.

Also, I very strongly disagree with this statement: "But at some point you do have to separate the past from today and be thankful that we have come A LONG WAY." We are not owed the gratitude of minorities for treating them better than our parents did, we should be ashamed that they were ever treated as badly as they were and ashamed that 60 years later that discrimination isn't gone. NO ONE owes a debt of gratitude to the unjust who simply done a little better. At most, they should be grateful to the activists who put in the work to make things better.

I don't think I mean privilege the way you think I do. I mean it in the sense that you're probably white and are not subjected to the sorts of every day injustices that other people are because of their skin color. It's really easy to have a blind spot for things that don't personally affect you so I don't say it to be insulting. I could be wrong on all of that and, if so, I apologize.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion on this. It's clear to me that we have a strong disagreement and that's ok. I will point out, though, that you again dismissed people's problems. No one is saying "things were really bad 60 years ago so I'm going to complain today" but they are saying "things are still pretty bad today" or "things were really bad 60 years ago and have screwed things up so badly that the impacts are still with us today". You can disagree with those sentiments but please don't say that you're not dismissing people's complaints.

Also, I very strongly disagree with this statement: "But at some point you do have to separate the past from today and be thankful that we have come A LONG WAY." We are not owed the gratitude of minorities for treating them better than our parents did, we should be ashamed that they were ever treated as badly as they were and ashamed that 60 years later that discrimination isn't gone. NO ONE owes a debt of gratitude to the unjust who simply done a little better. At most, they should be grateful to the activists who put in the work to make things better.
I don't know about you but my family didn't migrate to the US until 30 years after the Civil War ended and slavery had been abolished. They came here seeking a better life and did not make any of the laws. I haven't witness or heard of my parents or grandparents treating minorities poorly. I sure as hell don't feel like I'm owed any gratitude for treating people with kindness or respect, I do it because that's how I was raised and I choose to. Sorry for not being ashamed or feeling guilty that there is a small percentage of white people today that still discriminate against minorities. I believe that most people are good and those who aren't have to pay for their own sins, not me.

Most classifications of people have experienced prejudice, racism, unfair treatment etc at some point in history. I'm just saying it doesn't do anyone any good to live 60+ years ago in the past because nobody can change how things were or what happened. Just one man's opinion but I think when people give excess attention to the terrible things that happened years ago, they are more likely to see ghosts so to speak and have a perception that relations today are worse than they actually are.

We can only change how we treat people today and going forward. If I had the power to go back in time and change things I would. But I don't so I've accepted that all I can do is treat everyone I come across in life with kindness and equality and choose to have a positive outlook instead of a negative one.

As far as the border patrol thing, I wasn't aware of that. But that doesn't surprise me since I understand that we live in the real world not utopia. We have people in this country that rob, rape, and murder other people EVERY SINGLE DAY. Of course there are going to be people that say and do racist things. But that doesn't mean that as citizens we should extrapolate those stories of racism and prejudice that the media crams down our throat and act like relations aren't literally the best they have ever been in the history of our country.
Oh for sure I agree whole heartedly that we currently are living in THE BEST TIME in the best country and that its gotten a lot better for every demographic in the us of a. But thats not an excuse to dismiss racist behavior. Being dismissive isn't how we made all this progress and its not going to be how you create common ground.

LOL! You mad!

And you still haven't explained to yourself
why you feel that way if you're not a part of the problem. It is what it is. You call me a part of the problem but my life says otherwise. I'm good. What does yours say? I don't know the answer to that question because I don't know you. But something disturbed you to get that angry. I'll leave you to do some soul searching. That is assuming you even want to.
What are you talking about? When you play the race card you come across as an asshat. How old are you? Who says, “I have a lot of white friends so I know things”, flip that around replace white with black. Some of your comments sound like they are coming from a good place, but you seem rather uninformed or misinformed, which makes me wonder how many real world experiences you’ve really had. When you are claiming horrific injustices equal to the 60’s, I’m calling bullshit on that.

The biggest problem with racial division in the US currently, comes from the MSM and the Democratic party. The “Squad” spews anti white, anti Semitic, anti Patriotism, anti US rhetoric at every chance they get. Really sad to see.

Reactions: FranktheDank
I don't know about you but my family didn't migrate to the US until 30 years after the Civil War ended and slavery had been abolished. They came here seeking a better life and did not make any of the laws. I haven't witness or heard of my parents or grandparents treating minorities poorly. I sure as hell don't feel like I'm owed any gratitude for treating people with kindness or respect, I do it because that's how I was raised and I choose to. Sorry for not being ashamed or feeling guilty that there is a small percentage of white people today that still discriminate against minorities. I believe that most people are good and those who aren't have to pay for their own sins, not me.
Ditto, 1888 here and they came over legally. Crazy concept.

What are you talking about? When you play the race card you come across as an asshat. How old are you? Who says, “I have a lot of white friends so I know things”, flip that around replace white with black. Some of your comments sound like they are coming from a good place, but you seem rather uninformed or misinformed, which makes me wonder how many real world experiences you’ve really had. When you are claiming horrific injustices equal to the 60’s, I’m calling bullshit on that.

The biggest problem with racial division in the US currently, comes from the MSM and the Democratic party. The “Squad” spews anti white, anti Semitic, anti Patriotism, anti US rhetoric at every chance they get. Really sad to see.

Ha. I'm still laughing at you. Sorry but I am. You don't have a clue. First of all, my white friends comment was a direct reference to what you said about inserting black people in that sentence. Duh. People always claim a comment connected to their black friends. What I said was effective because you got my point. Still shaking my head that you somehow got it but still didn't "get it".

You're clueless in my opinion but that's ok we all have different experiences but for you to act like I said or anyone said injustices are equal to the 60s you either can't read or would just rather only listen to your own experiences. Go back and re-read everything I said and show me where I even suggested things are as bad as the 60s. One more time. Just because things are better than they were in the 60s doesn't mean they are not very bad now. If we thought like that then there would be no change. The 60s were better than the 30s so if you were around back then your logic would've said for those people to shut up and be happy because of how bad the 30s were. Thank God plenty of people don't think like you and we are able to continue to get better as a society no matter how bad it was before.

And as usual, people blaming one side more than the other. What's going on is not limited to a side. Human beings on both sides display this behavior. You just want to believe your side is better and that's the problem on both sides. You believe in the anti white spewing and would swear by it I'm guessing, but the anti black movement in our systems in this country and within our population is just people playing the race card? Let that sink in for a second. It's still bad and with all the efforts I've made in my life to separate myself from all the negativity and stereotypes it sucks that I'm still thrown in the lot with everyone else. That's a crappy thing to have to accept as a citizen of this great nation. I live my life daily not complaining and working hard towards the same goal of being a good human being that people have no reason to disrespect. But the facts are the facts and nothing you say will change that. I'm still put in that lot. I'm done trying to explain that to you because it seems you really believe in your world as the only reality. I'm ok with that. There's always been this sort of dismissive attitude in this country but it has always been outweighed by the good people of our nation that continue to help and try and move us forward. I'll focus on them.

Reactions: firegiver
Ha. I'm still laughing at you. Sorry but I am. You don't have a clue. First of all, my white friends comment was a direct reference to what you said about inserting black people in that sentence. Duh. People always claim a comment connected to their black friends. What I said was effective because you got my point. Still shaking my head that you somehow got it but still didn't "get it".

You're clueless in my opinion but that's ok we all have different experiences but for you to act like I said or anyone said injustices are equal to the 60s you either can't read or would just rather only listen to your own experiences. Go back and re-read everything I said and show me where I even suggested things are as bad as the 60s. One more time. Just because things are better than they were in the 60s doesn't mean they are not very bad now. If we thought like that then there would be no change. The 60s were better than the 30s so if you were around back then your logic would've said for those people to shut up and be happy because of how bad the 30s were. Thank God plenty of people don't think like you and we are able to continue to get better as a society no matter how bad it was before.

And as usual, people blaming one side more than the other. What's going on is not limited to a side. Human beings on both sides display this behavior. You just want to believe your side is better and that's the problem on both sides. You believe in the anti white spewing and would swear by it I'm guessing, but the anti black movement in our systems in this country and within our population is just people playing the race card? Let that sink in for a second. It's still bad and with all the efforts I've made in my life to separate myself from all the negativity and stereotypes it sucks that I'm still thrown in the lot with everyone else. That's a crappy thing to have to accept as a citizen of this great nation. I live my life daily not complaining and working hard towards the same goal of being a good human being that people have no reason to disrespect. But the facts are the facts and nothing you say will change that. I'm still put in that lot. I'm done trying to explain that to you because it seems you really believe in your world as the only reality. I'm ok with that. There's always been this sort of dismissive attitude in this country but it has always been outweighed by the good people of our nation that continue to help and try and move us forward. I'll focus on them.
I just wanted to say that I think you've got a good head on your shoulders. People disagree and have different opinions but thats ok.

I just wanted to say that I think you've got a good head on your shoulders. People disagree and have different opinions but thats ok.

I really appreciate the comments you made. It's a tough subject that takes some real looking in the mirror for everyone. I still believe the continuous advancements that are being made prove that as a nation we are better than the evil that sometimes takes center stage. Thanks for being open to listening and considering of others. As you said we won't always agree and that's ok.

Again, how old are you? I’m guessing mid 20s, that’s not a knock just you haven’t seen enough to truly understand how the world works. Considering you’re a minority, you already have a leg up on every white person in the country if you decide to start a business, apply to Clemson, get a student loan, get a SBA loan, apply for a government job, apply for a job at a fortune 1000. So quit with your bullshit, and divisiveness.

Again, how old are you? I’m guessing mid 20s, that’s not a knock just you haven’t seen enough to truly understand how the world works. Considering you’re a minority, you already have a leg up on every white person in the country if you decide to start a business, apply to Clemson, get a student loan, get a SBA loan, apply for a government job, apply for a job at a fortune 1000. So quit with your bullshit, and divisiveness.

You continue to be wrong and look and sound stupid. I'm twice as old as that and according to your statements about minorities being better off than white people you're a racist and delusional. It's sad really. You're probably too far gone to ever be helped. You actually think because a few minorities can get help in any thing that it actually impacts the big picture. The fact that a few more minority spots mean literally taking it from 7% to 10% black for example that minorities are better off than a white person? Out of 1000 jobs if they allotted 10% to minorities that's still 900 to whites but you're so racist that even that small number triggers you. While you're at it, go check how many minorities are at the average Fortune 1000 company. I'm sure they are crawling with black folks since they have it so easy getting jobs there.

You're sick. If you ever thought you're not racist you're wrong. No matter what you tell yourself to convince yourself you're not a racist, you still are. And there's been nothing divisive about my life, friends or family circle. You're getting everything wrong. Good news is you're free to be that. Good luck with that.

You continue to be wrong and look and sound stupid. I'm twice as old as that and according to your statements about minorities being better off than white people you're a racist and delusional. It's sad really. You're probably too far gone to ever be helped. You actually think because a few minorities can get help in any thing that it actually impacts the big picture. The fact that a few more minority spots mean literally taking it from 7% to 10% black for example that minorities are better off than a white person? Out of 1000 jobs if they allotted 10% to minorities that's still 900 to whites but you're so racist that even that small number triggers you. While you're at it, go check how many minorities are at the average Fortune 1000 company. I'm sure they are crawling with black folks since they have it so easy getting jobs there.

You're sick. If you ever thought you're not racist you're wrong. No matter what you tell yourself to convince yourself you're not a racist, you still are. And there's been nothing divisive about my life, friends or family circle. You're getting everything wrong. Good news is you're free to be that. Good luck with that.
Just want to go ahead and say that I support affirmative action, especially when it comes to government jobs and schools. Like you I think it's a great thing but it's also not the solution for everything. And while I do not have accurate statistics in front of me, it is pretty much common knowledge that the majority of the positions in fortune 1000 companies are held by white people, I agree there.

You seem unsatisfied by this. Just curious what % of those positions would need to be filled by black people in order for you to be satisfied and happy? And do you think those private companies should be required by law to keep a certain amount of percentage of minorities on the roster? Do you think it shouldn't go as far as being required by law but they should still have a strong ethical obligation? Or do you think they should pretend every person who applies to their company is "clear" and doesn't have a race at all, and choose to hire them strictly on their qualifications and interview?

1. You say that “things are very bad now”. That’s a pretty strong statement. What exactly do you mean by that? Can you provide examples?
2. What are some of the “anti black systems in this country and in our population?”

Just want to have a better understanding of where your expectations coming from. It’s totally possible that things are fine for me today but very bad for you. As long as we can agree that those are OUR perceptions and opinions. Neither you or I have the authority to speak for hundreds of millions of people throughout 50 different states. I won’t tell you you’re wrong for thinking things aren’t fine, don’t tell me I’m wrong for thinking things aren’t “very bad.” Deal?
@FLaw47

Just want to go ahead and say that I support affirmative action, especially when it comes to government jobs and schools. Like you I think it's a great thing but it's also not the solution for everything. And while I do not have accurate statistics in front of me, it is pretty much common knowledge that the majority of the positions in fortune 1000 companies are held by white people, I agree there.

You seem unsatisfied by this. Just curious what % of those positions would need to be filled by black people in order for you to be satisfied and happy? And do you think those private companies should be required by law to keep a certain amount of percentage of minorities on the roster? Do you think it shouldn't go as far as being required by law but they should still have a strong ethical obligation? Or do you think they should pretend every person who applies to their company is "clear" and doesn't have a race at all, and choose to hire them strictly on their qualifications and interview?

I've never been for affirmative action as far as guaranteed jobs. That is dangerous in my opinion. Even as a young person. I have always been more of a conservative thinker. I'm not for big government and I think the govt should tread lightly in areas like that. I have always believed that people will do the right thing in the end. I know that's naive but we've shown as a nation there's a lot of good. I do understand after becoming a decision maker why quotas exist. There are some bad people out there that keep us from moving forward so quotas get life.

If Affirmative action just ensures a resume would be considered.which I believe was the original goal, I can get behind that. If your resume doesn't stand up to others then I get it. Problem was resumes were being discarded once ii was discovered or suspected that the applicant was black. That's just one example. Although I hadn't seen any Hardline quotas, I think the idea of job quotas are bad and they should get rid of them if they exist.

What makes me laugh however, having worked directly in this area, is college admissions. Using round numbers. Let's say a class of students are accepted and rejected at a predominantly white institution. Let's say 1000 are accepted and 6% are minorities. That's 60 people. If there is a white person that was left out they will comb through those 60 to find out who they are more qualified than. Of those 60 minorities they are all qualified but they find one that they are seemingly MORE qualified than. Being subjective that makes it tough. But it becomes an argument of slightly different test scores, extracurricular activities, school's desire to diversify, etc. A tough discussion. Problem is, and this is a problem everywhere. And this is the money shot. That disgruntled white applicant never looked at the 940 white applicants and matched their qualifications against their own. There are plenty of white people in that pool of 940 that were lesser qualified in every sense. Due to legacy, donations, relationships, etc. But the only interest is to discredit 1 of the 60 accepted black folks. I saw this the first time and was blown away.

I'm not for lowering standards. I get why they do it for athletics. Those people are helping the bigger picture providing resources for the overall cause. I get that. But amongst general applicants there should be no lowering of standards for admission.

1. You say that “things are very bad now”. That’s a pretty strong statement. What exactly do you mean by that? Can you provide examples?
2. What are some of the “anti black systems in this country and in our population?”

Just want to have a better understanding of where your expectations coming from. It’s totally possible that things are fine for me today but very bad for you. As long as we can agree that those are OUR perceptions and opinions. Neither you or I have the authority to speak for hundreds of millions of people throughout 50 different states. I won’t tell you you’re wrong for thinking things aren’t fine, don’t tell me I’m wrong for thinking things aren’t “very bad.” Deal?
@FLaw47

I have no desire to convince you that things are bad for me or anyone else. I think it's kind of hard not to see how some of our systems behave with respect to black people in general. Poor people in general get similar treatment and it's ramped up when color is involved. There has been a brain washing of everyone. Even other black people fear black people. It's not about white people being racist. It's more about the notion that all black people are bad until they prove they are not. I know black people who mistreat black folks. People talk about white officers all the time but black officers are doing the same thing. Assumptions are made because the suspect is black and the situation is handled differently by both black and white officers. I have gotten treated like crap my entire life by law enforcement. I have come across great cops in the exact same situation that I have come across horrible cops. That's why I know it wasn't about the situation. It's about the officer. I wouldn't be so angry at the bad cops if they were all bad. There's just far too many bad cops I've come across and I'm just one person. And I'm clean totally. I have zero reason to be afraid and zero reason to be worried and I'm treated that way still. Why? I've done everything in my life to not have to go through that.

And it's not about being followed in the store. I have some hilarious stories about being followed. But all the situations added up becomes draining. And after a bad day at the office the last thing I need is to be treated like crap undeserving. I do a great job of ignoring it. I continue to treat officers with respect because I don't want to die. But when people tell me those things aren't real that gets me a little upset. Again, I'm not looking for sympathy. I'm doing fine. I don't complain at all in real life but if someone asks me about something I'll be honest. I have good friends that are not black and that helps me not be mad at white people in general like some are. They are outstanding people who simply haven't seen what I've seen so their ignorance comes from a place of innocence not evil.

A few have witnessed it when with me and they lose their mind and ask why I didn't say or do something. Obviously I tell them it's a waste of time. It's not worth being upset. But it hurts. Even ignoring it doesn't make the pain go away. I'm good tho. Some others don't handle it very well.

@FLaw47

I think those are basically the same question. I'll note that SOME of these issues are not caused by an ongoing "minorities are worse than white people" mentality but are still very linked to the history of that. I'm also going to refer mostly towards things that are prejudicial towards black people. I'd also note that these studies control for things like the sort of crime a person is charged with.

Black people are disproportionately arrested and convicted than white people. They also have longer sentences. Crack cocaine sentencing is an example of something that has an extreme racial disparity. Black people are much more likely to be arrested for drug usage even though their usage rate is very similar to that of whites.

23% of people killed by police are black men, despite blacks only making up 12.6% of the population. (Conversely, whites are 73% of the population and account for only 45% of people killed by police)

Median household income for black families is 65% of average and 59% of the median household income for white families. (There are obviously lots of factors here)

People with "black" names need to send 50% more resumes than people with "white" names to get a response.

So you can look at this a few ways. You can say "there are probably some real structural issues at play here that are impacting things" or "active racism is causing these things" or "black people are responsible for all of this". I tend to think it's mostly the first one with some of the second one. I'm not exactly sure how a person can believe "all races are equal" and that third one, though.

I think those are basically the same question. I'll note that SOME of these issues are not caused by an ongoing "minorities are worse than white people" mentality but are still very linked to the history of that. I'm also going to refer mostly towards things that are prejudicial towards black people. I'd also note that these studies control for things like the sort of crime a person is charged with.

Black people are disproportionately arrested and convicted than white people. They also have longer sentences. Crack cocaine sentencing is an example of something that has an extreme racial disparity. Black people are much more likely to be arrested for drug usage even though their usage rate is very similar to that of whites.

23% of people killed by police are black men, despite blacks only making up 12.6% of the population. (Conversely, whites are 73% of the population and account for only 45% of people killed by police)

Median household income for black families is 65% of average and 59% of the median household income for white families. (There are obviously lots of factors here)

People with "black" names need to send 50% more resumes than people with "white" names to get a response.

So you can look at this a few ways. You can say "there are probably some real structural issues at play here that are impacting things" or "active racism is causing these things" or "black people are responsible for all of this". I tend to think it's mostly the first one with some of the second one. I'm not exactly sure how a person can believe "all races are equal" and that third one, though.

I think these studies are useless to a lot of people that believe differently than you believe. They always have excuses and will pick it apart. Never fails.

If there are not people in their life that they know and trust that can tell them what's going on or they can witness it themselves, they'll never believe it. Some of my friends know who I am and how I live and this will never come up but when it does and I share they'll say I had no idea. But they have no reason to not believe me because I don't go around life acting like Malcolm X. I'm happy and successful but that doesn't protect me from the things we discuss on here.

I think these studies are useless to a lot of people that believe differently than you believe. They always have excuses and will pick it apart. Never fails.

If there are not people in their life that they know and trust that can tell them what's going on or they can witness it themselves, they'll never believe it. Some of my friends know who I am and how I live and this will never come up but when it does and I share they'll say I had no idea. But they have no reason to not believe me because I don't go around life acting like Malcolm X. I'm happy and successful but that doesn't protect me from the things we discuss on here.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I tend to agree with you. I think there are a lot of people who can't really imagine the situation of someone they don't actually know. If that's the case it becomes a lot easier to say that this person is responsible for the bad things that happen to them. It explains a lot of viewpoints that don't make any sense to me.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently and I tend to agree with you. I think there are a lot of people who can't really imagine the situation of someone they don't actually know. If that's the case it becomes a lot easier to say that this person is responsible for the bad things that happen to them. It explains a lot of viewpoints that don't make any sense to me.

Some people that are good people themselves can't imagine other people are as evil as you and I might claim. Their goodness in their heart just won't allow them to imagine that people are that evil. Until they see it up close and personal. That's a good ignorance in my opinion. I'm not mad at those folks. They'd never do such a thing and can't imagine anyone would. I have friends like this and I love them. They've been in a bubble their entire lives. I tell them all the time I wish I lived in that bubble. Not in a negative way. Just saying reality sucks sometimes. Even though we deal with it and move on it can suck.

There are a ton of realities. That's why I don't think all of these people with different opinions from me are evil. It takes them making certain statements revealing who they really are. That's when I know the difference.

Wow, you really went full potato with that post. What’s really sad is I was hoping your position was based on the ignorance of youth. But carry on, call everyone with different opinions racist, that’s really helpful.

By the way, where did you get your stats from? Imadethatshitup.com??

For fun, please quote my racist comments. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Wow, you really went full potato with that post. What’s really sad is I was hoping your position was based on the ignorance of youth. But carry on, call everyone with different opinions racist, that’s really helpful.

By the way, where did you get your stats from? Imadethatshitup.com??

For fun, please quote my racist comments. Go ahead, I’ll wait.
@TigerLion06 chop chop. Copy and paste.

By the way, where did you get your stats from? Imadethat
@TigerLion06 chop chop. Copy and paste.

LOL! I had given up but since you asked twice. You must be really old or really stupid or both. Any moron can clearly see that the numbers I used were for example. Where did I get my stats from? Stats? I literally said "for example if". And it was just that. An example. You're too stupid to get that I said if if if they increased percentages from 7 to 10 and gave 10% of jobs to minorities, in a group of 1000, 900 jobs would still go to white people but your racist ass said white people have it tougher. I've had sane discussions in this thread with people I disagree with but you're the only one I certainly consider a racist based on statements you made. Racism is one thing but I believe you're truly stupid as well or maybe senile. Good night lol.

LOL! I had given up but since you asked twice. You must be really old or really stupid or both. Any moron can clearly see that the numbers I used were for example. Where did I get my stats from? Stats? I literally said "for example if". And it was just that. An example. You're too stupid to get that I said if if if they increased percentages from 7 to 10 and gave 10% of jobs to minorities, in a group of 1000, 900 jobs would still go to white people but your racist ass said white people have it tougher. I've had sane discussions in this thread with people I disagree with but you're the only one I certainly consider a racist based on statements you made. Racism is one thing but I believe you're truly stupid as well or maybe senile. Good night lol.
Good night dumbass. Please join us at the next Charlotte social.

Why? You think I want to be in the same room as a blatant racist?
Don’t be that hard on yourself, you don’t have to be a racist. Perhaps if you spend some time not living in the past, you’ll understand you’re current views are totally fvcked up and hateful.

Don’t be that hard on yourself, you don’t have to be a racist. Perhaps if you spend some time not living in the past, you’ll understand you’re current views are totally fvcked up and hateful.

I doubt you even know my current views. Instead of guessing just go actually read my conversation with other sane non racist people in this same thread. You're old. I get it. But if you get time just go back and read my other conversations. You came at me all wrong. The others disagreed but we approached it like grown ups. You're old tho. Maybe that worked in the good old days so I'll give you a pass. In the mean time go talk a long walk on a short pier.

I doubt you even know my current views. Instead of guessing just go actually read my conversation with other sane non racist people in this same thread. You're old. I get it. But if you get time just go back and read my other conversations. You came at me all wrong. The others disagreed but we approached it like grown ups. You're old tho. Maybe that worked in the good old days so I'll give you a pass. In the mean time go talk a long walk on a short pier.
How old am I? How many minorities are my best friends and family members? I’m currently dealing with a racist that is mad my son is dating his daughter because he’s white. Some of your posts seem reasonable leftist from that perspective, but our interaction has been “racist, racist, racist”. Al Sharpton called and wants his playbook back.

How old am I? How many minorities are my best friends and family members? I’m currently dealing with a racist that is mad my son is dating his daughter because he’s white. Some of your posts seem reasonable leftist from that perspective, but our interaction has been “racist, racist, racist”. Al Sharpton called and wants his playbook back.

But I'm not even a leftist. I'm way more conservative but I'm not a piece of crap racist like you. You're not very good at this. And I've never liked Sharpton, Jessie or any of the folks like them. Never in my life had a nice thing to say about them. But you're still a racist. I don't like far left or far right. They are both loons in my opinion. But you're still a racist. You think white males have it worse than minorites. You're stupid and racist. You probably think poor people have it better than extremely rich because they get those free checks every month. As a matter of fact I don't even like our welfare system. But I'm a leftist. You're still a racist.

But I'm not even a leftist. I'm way more conservative but I'm not a piece of crap racist like you. You're not very good at this. And I've never liked Sharpton, Jessie or any of the folks like them. Never in my life had a nice thing to say about them. But you're still a racist. I don't like far left or far right. They are both loons in my opinion. But you're still a racist. You think white males have it worse than minorites. You're stupid and racist. You probably think poor people have it better than extremely rich because they get those free checks every month. As a matter of fact I don't even like our welfare system. But I'm a leftist. You're still a racist.

giphy.gif

@FLaw47

Hey, just wanted to see if you had any thoughts on my response that you requested.

ADVERTISEMENT