ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley Tweet

I think those are basically the same question. I'll note that SOME of these issues are not caused by an ongoing "minorities are worse than white people" mentality but are still very linked to the history of that. I'm also going to refer mostly towards things that are prejudicial towards black people. I'd also note that these studies control for things like the sort of crime a person is charged with.

Black people are disproportionately arrested and convicted than white people. They also have longer sentences. Crack cocaine sentencing is an example of something that has an extreme racial disparity. Black people are much more likely to be arrested for drug usage even though their usage rate is very similar to that of whites.

23% of people killed by police are black men, despite blacks only making up 12.6% of the population. (Conversely, whites are 73% of the population and account for only 45% of people killed by police)

Median household income for black families is 65% of average and 59% of the median household income for white families. (There are obviously lots of factors here)

People with "black" names need to send 50% more resumes than people with "white" names to get a response.

So you can look at this a few ways. You can say "there are probably some real structural issues at play here that are impacting things" or "active racism is causing these things" or "black people are responsible for all of this". I tend to think it's mostly the first one with some of the second one. I'm not exactly sure how a person can believe "all races are equal" and that third one, though.
Lets throw out the median household income. Like you said there are lots of factors that go in to that.

I'll start with something that I agree with you on and that’s the 4th point. That’s an unfortunate statistic. There’s definitely more white people that are in positions within businesses that make hiring decisions. And I’m not sure we can label it blatant racism but maybe there is a subconscious bias when 2 applicants are head to head with very similar resumes with 1 person being named Mary Jones and the other being named Shaquanda Smith. I’m not saying that there’s never been a person that has consciously thought I have a white person and a black person here, I’m choosing white. But i think more often than not it’s not malicious, they just may lean to the name they is more familiar or closer to home.
I’m not sure what the solution is there. More diversity training? Time is the biggest one. We have to remember segregation was only a few generations ago. When you consider that and the fact that black people make up roughly 12% of the US population, there aren’t a whole lot of black CEOs and GMs. But the good news is that this country elected a black president twice so the number of CEOs and GMs with names like Latoya Thomas will only increase. That will help things obviously.

I don’t want to discuss the police thing or the crime thing. I think there are reasons for why things are the way that they are and it’s complicated. I would need to literally write an essay to provide an adequate response

Lets throw out the median household income. Like you said there are lots of factors that go in to that.

I'll start with something that I agree with you on and that’s the 4th point. That’s an unfortunate statistic. There’s definitely more white people that are in positions within businesses that make hiring decisions. And I’m not sure we can label it blatant racism but maybe there is a subconscious bias when 2 applicants are head to head with very similar resumes with 1 person being named Mary Jones and the other being named Shaquanda Smith. I’m not saying that there’s never been a person that has consciously thought I have a white person and a black person here, I’m choosing white. But i think more often than not it’s not malicious, they just may lean to the name they is more familiar or closer to home.
I’m not sure what the solution is there. More diversity training? Time is the biggest one. We have to remember segregation was only a few generations ago. When you consider that and the fact that black people make up roughly 12% of the US population, there aren’t a whole lot of black CEOs and GMs. But the good news is that this country elected a black president twice so the number of CEOs and GMs with names like Latoya Thomas will only increase. That will help things obviously.

I don’t want to discuss the police thing or the crime thing. I think there are reasons for why things are the way that they are and it’s complicated. I would need to literally write an essay to provide an adequate response
We as a society should not be in the business of racial hiring. The most qualified, regardless of whatever the ethic background should get the job. Naturally out of pools of applicants the most qualified will be from varying demographics of our population, but not necessarily split by racial population percentages.

Odds are if I want to hire a highly skilled Java Developer he or she will not be white or black and that’s OK. Give it a minute and @TigerLion06 will tell y’all how racist the above is.

But I'm not even a leftist. I'm way more conservative but I'm not a piece of crap racist like you. You're not very good at this. And I've never liked Sharpton, Jessie or any of the folks like them. Never in my life had a nice thing to say about them. But you're still a racist. I don't like far left or far right. They are both loons in my opinion. But you're still a racist. You think white males have it worse than minorites. You're stupid and racist. You probably think poor people have it better than extremely rich because they get those free checks every month. As a matter of fact I don't even like our welfare system. But I'm a leftist. You're still a racist.
You need to chill out with the racist talk. I’ve read this entire thread and @CLT-Tiger has not made a single racist remark. He’s offered some opinions that are different than yours and has said that the left race baits and spews just as much hate as anyone.

Just because his opinions differ from yours does not make him racist. But lucky for you there are plenty of people that will side with you and pile on the big bad “racist” because it’s what people do these days. Jump to conclusions and condemn others for things they are accused of doing or being, without any proof, so that they can feel better about themselves. You’ve had several good, level headed posts ITT but you lost some credibility with me with all the false racist accusations

Reactions: CLT-Tiger
You need to chill out with the racist talk. I’ve read this entire thread and @CLT-Tiger has not made a single racist remark. He’s offered some opinions that are different than yours and has said that the left race baits and spews just as much hate as anyone.

Just because his opinions differ from yours does not make him racist. But lucky for you there are plenty of people that will side with you and pile on the big bad “racist” because it’s what people do these days. Jump to conclusions and condemn others for things they are accused of doing or being, without any proof, so that they can feel better about themselves. You’ve had several good, level headed posts ITT but you lost some credibility with me with all the false racist accusations

He's most likely a racist. If you haven't read anything that he said to indicate that then you didn't read what he said.

He just made another dumb ass comment. I literally said I am against affirmative action and any quota system and this dumb ass while literally agreeing with me said I'll probably be calling him a racist for not agreeing with quotas. He's not interested in conversation. He didn't take the time to read the conversation you and I had so I'm not taking anything he says seriously. You need to worry about our conversation. Don't tell me how to have a conversation with someone else. The conversation between you and I has involved no name calling or anything. Speak for yourself and I'll speak for myself.

He's most likely a racist. If you haven't read anything that he said to indicate that then you didn't read what he said.

He just made another dumb ass comment. I literally said I am against affirmative action and any quota system and this dumb ass while literally agreeing with me said I'll probably be calling him a racist for not agreeing with quotas. He's not interested in conversation. He didn't take the time to read the conversation you and I had so I'm not taking anything he says seriously. You need to worry about our conversation. Don't tell me how to have a conversation with someone else. The conversation between you and I has involved no name calling or anything. Speak for yourself and I'll speak for myself.
Lordy, your reading comprehension skills need some work. Just stop, it’s not a good look. I asked you last night to take a minute and use the quote function and call me out for anything racist and ya can’t. Because you are the one that needs to pick the mirror up and take a hard look at what you see or more accurately what hate you type.

Lordy, your reading comprehension skills need some work. Just stop, it’s not a good look. I asked you last night to take a minute and use the quote function and call me out for anything racist and ya can’t. Because you are the one that needs to pick the mirror up and take a hard look at what you see or more accurately what hate you type.

You're a racist man. I don't need to quote anything. It won't stop you from being a racist. Why waste my time?

You're a racist man. I don't need to quote anything. It won't stop you from being a racist. Why waste my time?
And I will close our chat with my opening comment to you... you are part of the problem, as you have hatred and bigotry in your heart for anyone who sees things differently than you do. There’s no debate, there’s no exchange of ideas, it’s shout loud “racist” and hope people with differences of opinion scurry away. Trump is going to win by a land slide next year, and people who think and act like you have in this thread will just help that happen. Good news is rising waters lift all boats, so you will probably benefit financially from it.

Reactions: FranktheDank

He still didn’t make a single racist comment in any of his posts. He disagreed with a lot of the points you tried to make but that doesn’t make him a racist and it’s wrong of you to label him as such.

He still didn’t make a single racist comment in any of his posts. He disagreed with a lot of the points you tried to make but that doesn’t make him a racist and it’s wrong of you to label him as such.

You disagreed with my points. Did I call you a racist? Did I yell at you once? Why don't you focus on our conversation. Not a single negative there. Why are you worried about what someone else meant? You spoke clearly for yourself from your heart and there was no issue from me. You're trying to help someone by expressing what you think they meant. I think YOU meant good stuff. I can feel that from our brief exchange that you don't have hate in your heart. Just my gut feeling. My gut feeling is he's a racist. Like I said he literally said white males have it worse in this country than black folks. Anyone with a brain knows that not true. Even if you think it's not that bad for black folks there's no way anyone can think they have it better than white males. He's a racist in my gut. He's calling me a racist because of how I feel about him specifically. His statement was about all black folks. I have no problem with you or how you feel because there so many different perspectives and it doesn't make you bad. We're good. If you want to continue our good conversation I'm good. My conversation with him is not your concern.

You disagreed with my points. Did I call you a racist? Did I yell at you once? Why don't you focus on our conversation. Not a single negative there. Why are you worried about what someone else meant? You spoke clearly for yourself from your heart and there was no issue from me. You're trying to help someone by expressing what you think they meant. I think YOU meant good stuff. I can feel that from our brief exchange that you don't have hate in your heart. Just my gut feeling. My gut feeling is he's a racist. Like I said he literally said white males have it worse in this country than black folks. Anyone with a brain knows that not true. Even if you think it's not that bad for black folks there's no way anyone can think they have it better than white males. He's a racist in my gut. He's calling me a racist because of how I feel about him specifically. His statement was about all black folks. I have no problem with you or how you feel because there so many different perspectives and it doesn't make you bad. We're good. If you want to continue our good conversation I'm good. My conversation with him is not your concern.
A third party called you out and yet here you are doubling down. Please show me where I said white males have it worse than black folks? I said “IF a minority wanted to apply for an SBA loan, apply to Clemson, apply for a job at a Fortune 1000 company, etc.., then they would have a leg up as a minority”. By the way, minorities come in more variety’s than back males. Carry on, you just look more like a bigot with every post.

A third party called you out and yet here you are doubling down. Please show me where I said white males have it worse than black folks? I said “IF a minority wanted to apply for an SBA loan, apply to Clemson, apply for a job at a Fortune 1000 company, etc.., then they would have a leg up as a minority”. By the way, minorities come in more variety’s than back males. Carry on, you just look more like a bigot with every post.

I said black folks not black males but then again you don't even know what you said so why am I surprised. Go back and read what you said. You're stupid and racist. And I don't care if a third party says whatever. I don't need anyone's approval to validate my feelings.

I said black folks not black males but then again you don't even know what you said so why am I surprised. Go back and read what you said. You're stupid and racist. And I don't care if a third party says whatever. I don't need anyone's approval to validate my feelings.
You’re a bigot. At least own it, it’s a free county after all. Again, go quote me but you can’t. You’re a sad dude and I’m done with your bullshit. Hey @Cris_Ard do you think this guy should be allowed to call your clients racists, without provocation? Send him to the bigot island.

Last edited:
Again, how old are you? I’m guessing mid 20s, that’s not a knock just you haven’t seen enough to truly understand how the world works. Considering you’re a minority, you already have a leg up on every white person in the country if you decide to start a business, apply to Clemson, get a student loan, get a SBA loan, apply for a government job, apply for a job at a fortune 1000. So quit with your bullshit, and divisiveness.

@FranktheDank read above.

This is where the racist went all dumbass on me. You have to be a racist to believe this. Even if they set aside a 10% quota which you and I discussed in a civil manner and I told you I disagreed with that, but even if they set aside a 10% quota for black folks to get loans, admissions, etc, this racist thinks that it means black folks have a leg up on white folks. All the black folks have to fight for 10% of the jobs so out of every 100 jobs black folks are fighting for 10 of them. And not just black folks but all minorities. But dumbass thinks they have it better because they've set aside something for them. Dumbass didn't take the time to read our conversation where I don't even like that.

llp
You keep making mistakes about what I said and what you said. I feel sorry for you.
”Considering you’re a minority, you already have a leg up on every white person in the country if you decide to start a business, apply to Clemson, get a student loan, get a SBA loan, apply for a government job, apply for a job at a fortune 1000”

My words. Please tell me what part is racist?

llp

”Considering you’re a minority, you already have a leg up on every white person in the country if you decide to start a business, apply to Clemson, get a student loan, get a SBA loan, apply for a government job, apply for a job at a fortune 1000”

All of it was racist. First you have to be stupid to believe there's a leg up if they
llp

You're too dumb and racist to get it. I've already tried to explain. I'm ok with you not getting it. I'm sure no one else thinks you're a racist so you're fine with only little ole me thinking that.

All of it was racist. First you have to be stupid to believe there's a leg up if they

You're too dumb and racist to get it. I've already tried to explain. I'm ok with you not getting it. I'm sure no one else thinks you're a racist so you're fine with only little ole me thinking that.
Grab a dictionary and the come back and chat. Look up bigot because it’s you. Oh and look up racist while you’re at it, I don’t think it means what you think it does. Chop chop

Last edited:
You’re a bigot. At least own it, it’s a free county after all. Again, go quote me but you can’t. You’re a sad dude and I’m done with your bullshit. Hey @Cris_Ard do you think this guy should be allowed to call your clients racists, without provocation? Send him to the bigot island.

So you swear at me first and then go tell? You're a clown. This was over last night and then you tagged me again. Just leave me alone.

So you swear at me first and then go tell? You're a clown. This was over last night and then you tagged me again. Just leave me alone.
Quit calling people racists without provocation. Provocation is also a word to look up in that dictionary because I’ve used it a few times and you didn’t seem to understand it’s meaning.

One more comment, I should leave you alone? That’s rich coming from bigot. You should apologize, in person.

@FranktheDank, I think you'd acknowledge that I provided you credible evidence in good faith. You're certainly entitled to your thoughts on them. I'd suggest, though, that if you have to bend over backwards to explain how some things aren't actually a problem (eg criminal justice, income, interactions with police) that you should try considering it from the other side.

I would agree with the idea that "outright" racism is much reduced relative to the 60s and I did not mean to imply otherwise. There is a wealth of evidence of systemic racism, though, and I think you'd be well served to investigate some on your own.

All the best.

Reactions: TigerLion06
Did you finally tuck your tail and run? I’m not normally the kind of guy to spike the ball, but you might acy
Hey! Where’s my apology?

Did you finally tuck your tail and run? I’m not normally the kind of guy to spike the ball, but you might acy

Hey! Where’s my apology?

You were crying like a little bitch to Ard and when I ignore you, you continue to tag me. You're a racist, dumb, tattletale, old weak person Let me leave you alone lol.

You were crying like a little bitch to Ard and when I ignore you, you continue to tag me. You're a racist, dumb, tattletale, old weak person Let me leave you alone lol.
Nope, you’re a bigot, let me take a moment and Webster your ignorant ass.. here’s the definition of a “a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.”. Yep that’s you.

Nope, you’re a bigot, let me take a moment and Webster your ignorant ass.. here’s the definition of a “a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.”. Yep that’s you.

LOL yeah because all the other civil conversations with people that disagree with me in this same thread prove that. LOL!

Dumbass lol. I'm done playing with you. Are you done? I hate ignoring people because I want you to feel heard. I ignore you for 3 straight posts, trying to let you have the last word and you just tag me. You're pathetic. I'm going to try again to let you have the last word. I won't respond to your next post but I promise I'm not ignoring you. I'm just trying to let you have the last word. Have a great night.

LOL yeah because all the other civil conversations with people that disagree with me in this same thread prove that. LOL!

Dumbass lol. I'm done playing with you. Are you done? I hate ignoring people because I want you to feel heard. I ignore you for 3 straight posts, trying to let you have the last word and you just tag me. You're pathetic. I'm going to try again to let you have the last word. I won't respond to your next post but I promise I'm not ignoring you. I'm just trying to let you have the last word. Have a great night.
Remember how this started? Ha! Anyway, I’d still have a beer with you because I don’t think you’re a bad guy, you just have some messed up perception of people with differing opinions. Although you’re lack of an olive branch leads back to you’re a bigot. @TigerLion06 are you bigot? I don’t think you’ve taken a moment to address that issue. You’ve called me all kinds of nasty things but yet we haven’t unpacked your bigotry. Care to share?

Last edited:
Again, how old are you? I’m guessing mid 20s, that’s not a knock just you haven’t seen enough to truly understand how the world works. Considering you’re a minority, you already have a leg up on every white person in the country if you decide to start a business, apply to Clemson, get a student loan, get a SBA loan, apply for a government job, apply for a job at a fortune 1000. So quit with your bullshit, and divisiveness.
probably the dumbest fvcking thing I'll read today.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT