ADVERTISEMENT

OT: AHCA

Nothing about me is cowardly. I'd come whip your ass if it would shut your stupid piehole for just one day.

Question is, how do you feel about your daughter being a "libtard?" Guess the apple fell far from the tree....[/QUOTE

I want you to understand that I won't be able to physically hold up longer than 45-60 seconds with most folks. I also won't fight fair. As far as my daughter...how soon would you really like to meet...shithead. I think you understand the acronym FUBAR . You shot out the challenge big guy...go for for it.

No matter which side of the political aisle you are on, one thing is clearly evident, and I dont think it gets nearly the attention it needs: we HAVE to do something with the system to FORCE people to live healthier and make better choices. It may take a generation, but either thru stick-and-carrott or detrimental financial consequences, our nation needs to get healthier.

Did not read thread, but any "reform" that doesn't address cost in a real way is doomed to failure. This bill does nothing for cost, sticks it to the poor and lines the pockets of the insurance execs. It is sure to pass.

You've made some great point. What you're missing is the intelligence level of most Americans. I work in a hospital and see people that can barely sign their names every day. I have to teach people how to take their meds multiple times. Do you think much of America is able to navigate an HSA? I think not.
I fully acknowledge that is a problem, however I also am not yet resigned to a complete government run single payer system... Although a system where low cost providers are completely covered and premium providers can apply the single payer caps as a discount wouldn't be horrible... Would still keep the system capitalistic.

Reactions: ladedade
giphy.gif

Reactions: ladedade
Wonder what the vote would look like if you only polled those who pay a decent amount of federal income tax? It's easy to support federally funded programs when they don't cost you anything.

come on man...

?

It's true.

Free stuff is easy. People think differently when they have to pay for it.

except that we live in a country where you dont have to contribute an arbitrarily decided amount to our treasury (or any at all) in order to have a voice/vote.

and to many folks, everything isnt simply an economic decision. I hear from folks daily who say something like "im a (insert white collar profession here) and I am happy to pay extra so that the people at the lower rungs of the ladder dont have to".

except that we live in a country where you dont have to contribute an arbitrarily decided amount to our treasury (or any at all) in order to have a voice/vote.

and to many folks, everything isnt simply an economic decision. I hear from folks daily who say something like "im a (insert white collar profession here) and I am happy to pay extra so that the people at the lower rungs of the ladder dont have to".

They can pay as much as they like. I'd prefer to use my hard earned money to provide a better life for my own family. We can't just keep expanding giveaways for people and forcing others to pay for it. Need to figure out a system that helps people become self sufficient instead of tossing out freebies.

Not to mention I'm paying north of a 30% blended federal rate already, we're still losing money and we have 20T in debt. It's just not sustainable and you can't possibly charge people like me more. And then we want to add more giveaways? Add up federal, state, FICO, property, etc. taxes and I'm at half my income going to taxes. That's un-American.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT