ADVERTISEMENT

OT and destined for the RT....

I think a wealth tax is an awfully dangerous slippery slope. Confiscating people’s property (money)? Yikes.

I do agree with another tax tier for super high income. Although I think the other tiers are too high and people like me pay too much.

It really does not seem much different than what happens today. If you are worth $100MM and are so over-leveraged that you can afford to pay a 2% tax on your wealth over $50MM, you have bigger problems.

Most of my income comes through capital gains and I would be fine paying higher than 15% rate over $1MM each year. It certainly would not affect my work ethic. Now would I want my increased tax dollars paying for free health care for illegals? Absolutely not. I spit out my martini when Warren and Sanders raised their hands yes to that question during the debate.

Reactions: scott in nashville
You have just proven my point. Literally everything you just said is a result of fake news, msm spin.
See, that's a problem. Yes, he presented each point in a biased manner, but at their core, they are true. With what I'll call mainstream media, CNN and Fox, not Breitbart, their bias has always been emphasis, not facts. Many times, it's how things are presented, with and without opinion.

The problem this causes is that it lets people, mostly but not exclusively Trump cry "fake news" when facts they don't like get reported.

Reactions: yoshi121374
It really does not seem much different than what happens today. If you are worth $100MM and are so over-leveraged that you can afford to pay a 2% tax on your wealth over $50MM, you have bigger problems.

Most of my income comes through capital gains and I would be fine paying higher than 15% rate over $1MM each year. It certainly would not affect my work ethic. Now would I want my increased tax dollars paying for free health care for illegals? Absolutely not. I spit out my martini when Warren and Sanders raised their hands yes to that question during the debate.

Putting aside whether you agree with a wealth tax as good or bad policy, the logistics behind administering something like that are prohibitive. It is highly unlikely to happen and if it does, there will be multiple mack truck sized holes. If it's implemented well, we would end up giving up part of the US's safe market benefit to our interest rates.

I have significant concerns about who the Democrats might put forward. From a policy standpoint, the closest thing to a moderate Republican in the last presidential election was Hillary Clinton. I had a hard time supporting her for non-policy (trust) reasons, but I am concerned that the Dems may not put forward a moderate. What I wonder how much the candidates run to the left through the primary, but who actually view the world more pragmatically in the general and in office.

Reactions: yoshi121374
See, that's a problem. Yes, he presented each point in a biased manner, but at their core, they are true. With what I'll call mainstream media, CNN and Fox, not Breitbart, their bias has always been emphasis, not facts. Many times, it's how things are presented, with and without opinion.

The problem this causes is that it lets people, mostly but not exclusively Trump cry "fake news" when facts they don't like get reported.

No. All one has to do, is go look at what was actually said; instead of listening to what others say. Of course, one has to be objective as well.
I''l say that Trump's Charlottesville speech is a typical example.

I don’t think it’s that someone with that much money can’t afford it. My concern is we are introducing and entirely new category of taxation. That’s terrifying.

I agree that we could think about higher rates on things like capital gains way up the income spectrum.

Glad you had that reaction. Some of this crazy left stuff is just bizarre.

Reactions: Trading Tiger
Here is how I imagine it (and how it actually went down). You stepped out of line with some regurgitated, fake Hannity/trump inspired machismo bullshit and he (or she) bitch slapped you and made you cry?
Username checks out. Also, you don't have to post your reply twice. We got it the first time...you're a snowflake.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trading Tiger
I didn't say that Trump would lose. He'll probably win because the US population values entertainment over substance, emotion over fact, and showmanship over actual diplomacy. When you say that Trump has kept 99% of his campaign promises, I assume you're not including the glorious wall that Mexico was going to pay for? Or the tremendous improvements to the health care system? Or rebuilding our infrastructure? Or improving public education? I guess he didn't promise to do anything to protect the environment, so I can't hold it against him for consistently making decisions that contribute to its destruction, as this is what Republicans absolutely love as long as it results in profit.

Yeah, great president that's delivered on 99% of his promises.
Fake News
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/rulings/promise-kept/

I don't think he's lazy, I just think he's a product of the kind of political cynicism that got him elected, and which inculcates the belief that politics is all about rhetoric and drama, while politicians are all just talking heads. So the stuff he'll work on isn't the stuff that would keep him well-informed... and it also isn't what got him elected.
I disagree. I think he has zero intellectual curiousity. Which
https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

Page 1 of 13.

While I think Trump is an awful person who never should've been anywhere near elected office, a whole lot of this is tendentious. When you post something like this that relies on partisan interpretations of what's happened- or is happening- than the Trump-defensive types are just going to ignore you.

I mean, I just posted promises Trump made that haven’t been kept. I don’t really think it relies on partisan interpretations for the most part.

Now, regarding trade

1) We left the Paris Agreement and nothing else has happened. I’m pretty sure the President doesn’t even believe in climate changes unless his views have changed.

2) TPP took 7 years to negotiate and included over 10 countries and Trump trashed it..and replaced it with nothing but tension between the US and important trade partners like Japan and the rest of North America. This was the biggest trade mistake Trump has made and it’s overlooked too often.

3) The Iran Deal was “terrible” and we left that deal but Iran seems to be more of a threat now than before.

4) Left NAFTA, which has a strong correlation with illegal immigration, and the USMCA has yet to be completed. Maybe it will and maybe this will be a win for Trump.

5) UN Human Rights Council because separating parents from children at the border was something the group didn’t support.

6) China

I know they will ignore facts..Trump does the exact same thing everyday. He’s a great salesperson and his pitch has swayed a large portion of our country. He has very little substance but he doesn’t need it apparently.

Last edited:
I mean, I just posted promises Trump made that haven’t been kept. I don’t really think it relies on partisan interpretations for the most part.

1) We left the Paris Agreement and nothing else has happened. I’m pretty sure the President doesn’t even believe in climate changes unless his views have changed.

2) TPP took 7 years to negotiate and included over 10 countries and Trump trashed it..and replaced it with nothing but tension between the US and important trade partners like Japan and the rest of North America. This was the biggest trade mistake Trump has made and it’s overlooked too often.

3) The Iran Deal was “terrible” and we left that deal but Iran seems to be more of a threat now than before.

4) Left NAFTA, which has a strong correlation with illegal immigration, and the USMCA has yet to be completed. Maybe it will and maybe this will be a win for Trump.

5) UN Human Rights Council because separating parents from children at the border was something the group didn’t support.

6) China

I know they will ignore facts..Trump does the exact same thing everyday. He’s a great salesperson and his pitch has swayed a large portion of our country. He has very little substance but he doesn’t need it apparently.

Trump's greatest, maybe only real skill is his ability to sell himself. He is all image and almost none of it is based in any sort of reality. He has sold that he is a great salesman,but except for himself and his "brand" what has he ever successfully done in business?

It is said over and over again that he has zero intellectual curiosity which I believe is probably what leads him to believe in so many conspiracy theories. Had he not been born rich we would all laugh at the crazy dirty old Uncle who you wouldn't leave your kids alone with.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLOtiger93
Trump is not going to win in 2020. We took a chance because America was tired of the system that was in place..I applaud Trump for bringing that to the forefront. However, not much he has done has helped or changed America for the better. He was helped by a low voter turnout amongst democrats in 2016 because not many people thought he would win. That won’t happen this time.

I don’t know if Biden will either. Booker pointed out that no democrat leading this far out has won in recent history (not sure how true it is but it seems to be the case most of the time for both parties). I think 4-5 of those candidates will have a really good chance of beating Trump. Biden would smoke him today.

Trump was never going to win in 2016, but I'm sure you'll be right this time.

I don’t think it’s that someone with that much money can’t afford it. My concern is we are introducing and entirely new category of taxation. That’s terrifying.

I agree that we could think about higher rates on things like capital gains way up the income spectrum.

As is some of the crazy right stuff coming from trump, no?

Username checks out. Also, you don't have to post your reply twice. We got it the first time...you're a snowflake.

Here is how I imagine it (and how it actually went down). You stepped out of line with some regurgitated, fake Hannity/trump inspired machismo bullshit and he (or she) bitch slapped you and made you cry?

Why would I assume he or she would need to be big or tough to smack you around? Every time you post this is what I am picturing...

giphy.gif
I LOL'ed

Here's one of the big things that I don't understand about the left...they want to tax the rich, and you can define "rich" however you want, but really they're talking about people with an absurd amount of money, and corporations, and such.

Those people have so much money, they can do whatever they want. Do liberals really think that those people are just going to sit around and let all their money get redistributed to the undeserving? Fvck no! They will come up with a hundred different ways to hide their money, they're income, their capital gains, etc. And if it came down to it, they would just move to a different state or country. It's happening right now in fact. California is hemorrhaging rich people by the thousands!

The only people who will be hurt by liberal taxation policy is the middle-class, the people who worked and saved, but don't have the knowledge or resources to take advantage of the avenues that the wealthy do.

As is some of the crazy right stuff coming from trump, no?

Maybe some of the delivery/execution is. Border security isn’t crazy. Better trade deals aren’t crazy. A president tweeting juvenile personal attacks? Sure, that’s crazy but not particularly impactful in the long term.

Adding totally new entitlements, banning private insurance, free healthcare for people who entered the country illegally and new ways to take money from the American people? That’s crazy and extremely dangerous long term.

Yeah, not everyone is as sharp as Joe Biden. He only said the following:

He said that “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids” before quickly adding “wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids.”

He spoke of meeting with Parkland students when he was vice president, even though the Florida school shooting occurred a year after he left office.

Biden has made a string of small missteps while campaigning during a crucial stretch in Iowa. He said the most recent mass shootings occurred in Houston and Michigan, although they actually took place in El Paso and Dayton, Ohio.

He referred to Margaret Thatcher instead of the more recent British prime minister Theresa May, and he referenced the Constitution’s First Amendment when he meant the Second.

Stand up Chuck - oh that’s right you can’t. You’re in a wheelchair.

I love Vermont! (He was in New Hampshire).
Once again Trump talked about airplanes and airports during the Revolutionary War.

Maybe some of the delivery/execution is. Border security isn’t crazy. Better trade deals aren’t crazy. A president tweeting juvenile personal attacks? Sure, that’s crazy but not particularly impactful in the long term.

Adding totally new entitlements, banning private insurance, free healthcare for people who entered the country illegally and new ways to take money from the American people? That’s crazy and extremely dangerous long term.

I agree that we can enforce immigration more tightly, but the border wall is a dipshit idea. You see that right?

I agree that we can enforce immigration more tightly, but the border wall is a dipshit idea. You see that right?

Like Dave Chappelle said, he’s singing poor white people’s greatest hits.

Complex nuances of walls, fences, rivers, drones, helicopters, jeeps, etc. don’t make for a consolidated campaign push.

I generally agree that we need better border security. I don’t agree with open borders, free healthcare for illegals, etc. I’m just voting for the guy closer to my preference.

Like Dave Chappelle said, he’s singing poor white people’s greatest hits.

Complex nuances of walls, fences, rivers, drones, helicopters, jeeps, etc. don’t make for a consolidated campaign push.

I generally agree that we need better border security. I don’t agree with open borders, free healthcare for illegals, etc. I’m just voting for the guy closer to my preference.

So you agree that the wall is stupid. Do you agree with taking funding from the military to pay for it?

Also, Biden is not for open borders or healthcare for illegals. Vote for him.

So you agree that the wall is stupid. Do you agree with taking funding from the military to pay for it?

Also, Biden is not for open borders or healthcare for illegals. Vote for him.

Illegal immigration alone has cost our country $150 billion + THIS YEAR! The border wall is a one time payment of maybe $15 billion AT MOST. The wall pays for it self in literally a month. The wall makes complete sense on multiple levels.

https://www.oann.com/debtclock/

^^ on pace for $250 billion.

Last edited:
*Estimates provided by center of Immigration studies, Department of Homeland Security, Federation for American Immigration Reform, Institute for Defense Analyses, Yale, and MIT.*

Good thing illegal immigrants haven’t figured out walls or tunnels or overstaying visas yet. The wall is such a good idea

Edit: maybe if Trump didn’t decrease the governments revenue he could talk about spending more of its money but this has been his business strategy forever

Good thing illegal immigrants haven’t figured out walls or tunnels or overstaying visas yet. The wall is such a good idea

Edit: maybe if Trump didn’t decrease the governments revenue he could talk about spending more of its money but this has been his business strategy forever

Well the wall is being built, so get over it vato

Well the wall is being built, so get over it vato

Pretty sure no wall has been built where there wasn’t already a wall so, cool I guess? Also, U.S. taxpayers are footing the bill for this replacement wall instead of Mexico.

Pretty sure no wall has been built where there wasn’t already a wall so, cool I guess? Also, U.S. taxpayers are footing the bill for this replacement wall instead of Mexico.

Did you ever think that Mexico was going to write a check and say here's money for a wall? LMAO.

So how are they paying for it?

5% tarrifs, concessions in usmca etc.

Keep in mind there is a $55 billion deficit when it comes to Mexico so frankly just getting that down alone is a way of doing it.

Trump used the 5% tarrifs threat to leverage Mexico in sending 6k+ troops to the border to help with illegal immigrants crossing into the country and it has paid dividends in terms of the number of illegals crossing dropping drastically.

5% tarrifs, concessions in usmca etc.

Keep in mind there is a $55 billion deficit when it comes to Mexico so frankly just getting that down alone is a way of doing it.

Trump used the 5% tarrifs threat to leverage Mexico in sending 6k+ troops to the border to help with illegal immigrants crossing into the country and it has paid dividends in terms of the number of illegals crossing dropping drastically.

I get the troops Mexico sent. What exact concessions in the USMCA made up for the difference in the wall and were different from NAFTA?

And tariffs on other countries reduce consumer surplus in the US and economic surplus overall. They hurt both countries involved. It’s a known economic outcome. You’ll never get me to budge on tariffs.

I get the troops Mexico sent. What exact concessions in the USMCA made up for the difference in the wall and were different from NAFTA?

And tariffs on other countries reduce consumer surplus in the US and economic surplus overall. They hurt both countries involved. It’s a known economic outcome. You’ll never get me to budge on tariffs.

I view tariffs as strictly a bargaining tool. Otherwise how the hell else would the United States get say China or Mexico to the table, countries that are making a fortune off the US without them.

I view tariffs as strictly a bargaining tool. Otherwise how the hell else would the United States get say China or Mexico to the table, countries that are making a fortune off the US without them.

Well, rejoining the TPP or something very similar is the biggest and most obvious thing. You could not let Chinese companies list on the US stock exchange that don’t follow GAAP principles. You could not give Chinese firms who are partaking in intellectual property theft access to US banking and financial institutions. Work more closely with the WTO. Change antitrust laws to stop foreign (Chinese) firms from their current pricing behaviors. There are a lot of options.

Can you explain to me the difference in benefits from USMCA vs NAFTA?

Well, rejoining the TPP or something very similar is the biggest and most obvious thing. You could not let Chinese companies list on the US stock exchange that don’t follow GAAP principles. You could not give Chinese firms who are partaking in intellectual property theft access to US banking and financial institutions. Work more closely with the WTO. Change antitrust laws to stop foreign (Chinese) firms from their current pricing behaviors. There are a lot of options.

Can you explain to me the difference in benefits from USMCA vs NAFTA?

The main part of USMCA is to disincentivize US companies from moving their plants to Mexico (mostly automobile companies).

The main part of USMCA is to disincentivize US companies from moving their plants to Mexico (mostly automobile companies).

There is no substance in this response.

Edit:
Automakers must produce 75% of their components in the US, Mexico, or Canada to qualify for 0 tariffs. It extends copyright patents on technological things and extends the period of protection for a pharmaceutical drug from generic competition (economically conservative or government regulation to help large companies?). Almost 50% of auto parts must be manufactured by workers making at least $16 an hour by ‘23. Internet companies aren’t liable for content produced by their users. It also gives US more access to Canada’s dairy market.

I don’t understand how any of this is Mexico paying for the wall. It looks more to me like Trump has used nationalistic rhetoric to get people like you to back his policy without questioning anything about it. Again, I’m not arguing right or wrong on the policy, but open your eyes. Understand what’s going on and stop blindly supporting a cause when you don’t understand the details behind it.

Last edited:
There is no substance in this response.

Edit:
Automakers must produce 75% of their components in the US, Mexico, or Canada to qualify for 0 tariffs. It extends copyright patents on technological things and extends the period of protection for a pharmaceutical drug from generic competition (economically conservative or government regulation to help large companies?). Almost 50% of auto parts must be manufactured by workers making at least $16 an hour by ‘23. Internet companies aren’t liable for content produced by their users. It also gives US more access to Canada’s dairy market.

I don’t understand how any of this is Mexico paying for the wall. It looks more to me like Trump has used nationalistic rhetoric to get people like you to back his policy without questioning anything about it. Again, I’m not arguing right or wrong on the policy, but open your eyes. Understand what’s going on and stop blindly supporting a cause when you don’t understand the details behind it.

Okay well let's look at this in all actuality how much is $15 billion in the grand scheme of things? Billions are thrown around all the time when it comes to Government spending. The big argument of who is going to pay for the wall is a big farce to distract from the fact the wall is very much needed. Over $200 billion has been spent in 9 months on illegal immigration alone so it is actually laughable that a one time payment of $15 billion is debated.

My question to you is how the hell could a wall ever hurt? It is literally a safety barrier protecting our border. Sure There are ways to go under or over it but it drastically reduces border crossings. The reason the Dems don't want the wall is because all the illegal votes they would lose. Even dems know it makes sense and many have advocated for it in the past.

Last edited:
Okay well let's look at this in all actuality how much is $15 billion in the grand scheme of things? Billions are thrown around all the time when it comes to Government spending. The big argument of who is going to pay for the wall is a big farce to distract from the fact the wall is very much needed. Over $200 billion has been spent in 9 months on illegal immigration alone so it is actually laughable that a one time payment of $15 billion is debated.

My question to you is how the hell could a wall ever hurt? It is literally a safety barrier protecting our border. Sure There are ways to go under or over it but it drastically reduces border crossings.

Why can’t you defend your staunch beliefs in a linear argument? I feel like we keep going down rabbit holes just to change the topic. I don’t like the idea of appropriating $15b from a DoD fund for a wall that has an extremely high opportunity cost. When NAFTA went away, look at how sharply illegal immigration rose. Look at how consistantly it declined when NAFTA was initially enacted. I think there are much better ways to spend our money than building a wall.

Why can’t you defend your staunch beliefs in a linear argument? I feel like we keep going down rabbit holes just to change the topic. I don’t like the idea of appropriating $15b from a DoD fund for a wall that has an extremely high opportunity cost. When NAFTA went away, look at how sharply illegal immigration rose. Look at how consistantly it declined when NAFTA was initially enacted. I think there are much better ways to spend our money than building a wall.

The Illegals are trying to get the hell into the country before Trump completely shuts down the border. If you were an immigrant wouldn't you try your luck now to cross or wait until the wall is built when it would be 1000x harder? And staunch beliefs? Let me hear why you don't want a BORDER WALL. I've yet to hear a legitimate argument about why there shouldn't be a wall other than it might offend some people.

And you seem to not understand that this country is spending $250 billion a year on combating illegal immigration. You do understand that by building this wall that $250 billion drops drastically because number of agents needed etc. largely decreases.

Last edited:
I find it ironic with the takes on the Democratic candidates when the POTUS is the biggest joke of any politician I have ever seen. Please let me know when any other politician dead or alive actually mentioned airports and airplanes being around during the revolutionary war like Trump did during his Independence Day Speech. Seriously ... end of thread!!!
That's a weak example imo

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT