ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Budweiser.....IYKYK

Lmao is this from the same group of people that complain about “cancel culture” and call other people snow flakes and say “**** your feelings?”
Meh.

Boycotting a product because you disagree with their idiotic marketing campaign is different than ruining an individual's livelihood because you disagree with their politics.

They're similar, yes, but also very different. That's a false equivalency.

Nobody dug up bud light's tweets from 10 yrs ago to find something they disagreed with.

Bud Light is a beer you settle for like Natty Light or Coors.

The worse thing their ad campaign could do was to give any reason for a large group of their customers to think " Maybe I will give Coors lite a try". Because Bud Light is not going to gain many new customers from their campaign as long as Mich Ultra, WHite Claw, High Noon etc exist.

This is a negative sum gain for them.

Bud Light is a beer you settle for like Natty Light or Coors.

The worse thing their ad campaign could do was to give any reason for a large group of their customers to think " Maybe I will give Coors lite a try". Because Bud Light is not going to gain many new customers from their campaign as long as Mich Ultra, WHite Claw, High Noon etc exist.

This is a negative sum gain for them.
Something tells me Anheuser-Busch is going to be just fine.

They own Mich ultra too, by the way.

FYI, MolsonCoors / MillerCoors is based in Chicago, IL (USA). Here are your USA alternatives to Anheuser Busch:

Miller, Coors, Milwaukee’s Best, Blue Moon, Leinenkugel’s, Keystone, Foster's, and many more.

AB InBev headquarters is in Leuven, Belgium. Make sure you don't trade in your Bud Light for Natty or Shock Top if you're on #TeamKidRock:

Budweiser logo
bud light logo

Kona brewing company logo
Michelob Ultra logo
Estrella Jalisco logo
Estrella Jalisco logo
Busch Light logo
natural light logo
landshark lager logo
presidente beer logo
hoegaarden logo
Shock top logo

• Haha
Reactions: Da Swami
They put whatever they want on their cans but I'll still be rocking the Natty Light as my beer of choice. It was good enough for me as freshman at Clemson, it still good enough. ZFG.

Something tells me Anheuser-Busch is going to be just fine.

They own Mich ultra too, by the way.
No company is "just fine" when they alienate a large portion of their customer base and therefore miss projected revenue numbers (if we believe that happens due to this backlash)...just because you own another successful brand doesn't mean you don't require the maintenance of other revenue streams to hit expected profit numbers and maintain shareholder confidence

Meh.

Boycotting a product because you disagree with their idiotic marketing campaign is different than ruining an individual's livelihood because you disagree with their politics.

They're similar, yes, but also very different. That's a false equivalency.

Nobody dug up bud light's tweets from 10 yrs ago to find something they disagreed with.
This is exactly like that. It’s not some huge marketing campaign. There was one Instagram post that conservative media picked up and told their followers to be upset about. AB works with 100s of social media influencers in different markets.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT