ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Budweiser.....IYKYK

Despite living out here, I’m still not well versed in the pronoun/alphabet people thing, but I think you meant to say “Queer of Beers”? I dunno. Just asking.

Funny you say that because that’s how I read it and then realized it said queen

No company is "just fine" when they alienate a large portion of their customer base and therefore miss projected revenue numbers (if we believe that happens due to this backlash)...just because you own another successful brand doesn't mean you don't require the maintenance of other revenue streams to hit expected profit numbers and maintain shareholder confidence
This situation seems akin to the "New Coke" ad campaign, which gained Coca-Cola a ton of FREE ADVERTISING and added profits later down the line. Short term pain - long term gain!

This situation seems akin to the "New Coke" ad campaign, which gained Coca-Cola a ton of FREE ADVERTISING and added profits later down the line. Short term pain - long term gain!

Kinda like Nike with most political ads. Pisses some off,gets attention, sales increase... These ad companies aren't dumb.

No company is "just fine" when they alienate a large portion of their customer base and therefore miss projected revenue numbers (if we believe that happens due to this backlash)...just because you own another successful brand doesn't mean you don't require the maintenance of other revenue streams to hit expected profit numbers and maintain shareholder confidence
Low IQ MAGA ephebophilia is not their sole or biggest customer 😂

For the life of me I just can’t imagine giving a 💩 about this kind of thing.

If a buy or use a particular product, the people who endorse it aren’t the reason why. So what if a trans person drinks the same beer?

not sure if I wanna drink out of this at the spring game to be honest

Bud_Light_Canada_Bud_Light_Canada_Launches__Bud_Light_Camp__in_C.jpg

Meh.

Boycotting a product because you disagree with their idiotic marketing campaign is different than ruining an individual's livelihood because you disagree with their politics.

They're similar, yes, but also very different. That's a false equivalency.

Nobody dug up bud light's tweets from 10 yrs ago to find something they disagreed with.
You used too much logic in your explanation. He'll never understand.

Why? Other than it tasting like crap, what’s wrong with it? Did y’all really think LGBT people never drank beer before?

I was being somewhat sarcastic...but you have to admit this whole making the LGBT community out to be heros of the new world is a little extreme. You can support xauses without throwing them in people's faces. Has nothing t do with thinking they did not drink beer

Underage kids drink beer but you are not making a marketing campaign around them and putting fake IDs on the cases, cans, and bottles.

Men pretending to be women, playing women's sports, throwing their junk out in the locker room and we put them on wheaties box' and make marketing campaigns around them and treat them like royalty.

I've been lurking around here for a long time but I gotta respond to this. I come in peace.

I think it is a little odd that some of you are so offended by an image online that you'll swear off a brand, but that's your choice.

What I really want to say is this - I keep seeing people on this thread and elsewhere say something along the lines of this being a brand not knowing who their customers are and that is just flat out false. As with any mass consumed product, the share of LGBT people who consume it is undoubtedly low compared with the straight population, to be sure. But Bud Light specifically has a unique history as the preferred light beer in gay bars dating back to the 1970s when gays organized to boycott Coors for discriminatory hiring practices. Gay people are just as much customers of Bud Light as anyone else, and promoting one can design aimed at acknowledging that is not bad business sense... unless perhaps it gets picked up by a media ecosystem eager to stoke fear and turn people against each other, of course.

Go Tigers

Bud in the late 60’s/early 70’s was The King of Beers. I was in the Can’s when driving West of the Mississippi to find cases of Coors was a thing.
Used to have an OTR buddy that traveled out West to Colorado regularly. Would bring back 1-2 cases per month. Managed to find excellent windowpane as well.

I was being somewhat sarcastic...but you have to admit this whole making the LGBT community out to be heros of the new world is a little extreme. You can support xauses without throwing them in people's faces. Has nothing t do with thinking they did not drink beer

Underage kids drink beer but you are not making a marketing campaign around them and putting fake IDs on the cases, cans, and bottles.

Men pretending to be women, playing women's sports, throwing their junk out in the locker room and we put them on wheaties box' and make marketing campaigns around them and treat them like royalty.
To be honest with you, I know two people who are transgender. Both were males who now identify as female. Neither of them do any of those things, they’re simply trying to live their life and be happy, which is already difficult enough for someone in their shoes.

Are there people who take it too far? Sure, but that can be said for everything any person does. This whole thing got started over a 1% country club nepo baby shooting up some beer he already bought for Pete’s sake!

Also I don’t get the underage comparison. Being LGBT isn’t a crime. Kids drinking is.

If this ad campaign truly hurts AB’s bottom line, they will probably go in a different direction later.

To be honest with you, I know two people who are transgender. Both were males who now identify as female. Neither of them do any of those things, they’re simply trying to live their life and be happy, which is already difficult enough for someone in their shoes.

Are there people who take it too far? Sure, but that can be said for everything any person does. This whole thing got started over a 1% country club nepo baby shooting up some beer he already bought for Pete’s sake!

Also I don’t get the underage comparison. Being LGBT isn’t a crime. Kids drinking is.

If this ad campaign truly hurts AB’s bottom line, they will probably go in a different direction later.
OK well how about if you do not like the underage example...use our military men who are truly brave? Firefighters? Police Officers?

Oh there is a good one...want to see riots and cities tore up, do a marketing campaign behind our police officers. BLM would be rioting in every city that sold it and gas stations and grocery stores destroyed. All those people drink beer too

They can do whatever they want to but this woke ass society catering to LGBT community and making them out to be heros for wearing a dress and taking meds and having surgery to be a different sex has gotten way out of hand

Amazing noone has posted the video that sparked the controversy:

Just another in the long list of reasons to not buy Bud Light.

it was posted in the thread yesterday. My dad, nephew, and brother were group texting about it. When my brother sent this I thought it was a TikTok joke. I did not think there was anyway it was real

Heard there is one in a bathtub....ridiculous. have not watched that one

it was posted in the thread yesterday. My dad, nephew, and brother were group texting about it. When my brother sent this I thought it was a TikTok joke. I did not think there was anyway it was real

Heard there is one in a bathtub....ridiculous. have not watched that one
Didn't see the thread yesterday, just noticed that the referenced video hadn't been posted in this one. I sure don't want to see him in a bathtub.

For context, maybe his Price Is Right appearance would be appropriate. The thing to remember about this guy is that he is a performer.

• Haha
Reactions: nmerritt11
Didn't see the thread yesterday, just noticed that the referenced video hadn't been posted in this one. I sure don't want to see him in a bathtub.

For context, maybe his Price Is Right appearance would be appropriate. The thing to remember about this guy is that he is a performer.

that is a few seconds of my life that I can never get back

LMAO... this is going to go as well as the Southern Baptists boycotting Disney World for daring to offer health benefits to gay couples. Namely, it lasted about as long as it took for those folk's kids to start whining about their trip being canceled.

My prediction is that Kid's boycott will last until the next time he's over at a friend's house and there's only Bud Lite in the cooler. Then he'll be all "Dilly Dilly".

They decided to put out a pro trans/lgbt.... media campaign. Talk about not knowing your customer, lol. What a bunch of idiots.
This ^^^. It'll be a long time before I buy another AB or AT&T product. Just to imagine how .001% of the national population is gaining traction with their message is damning evidence of how stupid Americans have become.

LMAO... this is going to go as well as the Southern Baptists boycotting Disney World for daring to offer health benefits to gay couples. Namely, it lasted about as long as it took for those folk's kids to start whining about their trip being canceled.

My prediction is that Kid's boycott will last until the next time he's over at a friend's house and there's only Bud Lite in the cooler. Then he'll be all "Dilly Dilly".
You really don't know Kid very well, do you?

Reactions: FightingDevilTiger
This ^^^. It'll be a long time before I buy another AB or AT&T product. Just to imagine how .001% of the national population is gaining traction with their message is damning evidence of how stupid Americans have become.
Whatever man... Your boycott will last just as long as it takes until you are over at a friend's house and Bud Lite is in the cooler. Repeat after me... Dilly Dilly.

Reminds me of the LGBT folks boycotting Chic Fillet. Will probably be just as effective.

OK well how about if you do not like the underage example...use our military men who are truly brave? Firefighters? Police Officers?

Oh there is a good one...want to see riots and cities tore up, do a marketing campaign behind our police officers. BLM would be rioting in every city that sold it and gas stations and grocery stores destroyed. All those people drink beer too

They can do whatever they want to but this woke ass society catering to LGBT community and making them out to be heros for wearing a dress and taking meds and having surgery to be a different sex has gotten way out of hand
The police in this country have been mercilessly harassing and killing people of all kinds in this country for decades, if not longer. We have thousands and thousands of pages of evidence that cops plant evidence, lie, shake down witnesses and other judicial officials. There’s a reason nobody wrote the song “F*** the fire department.”

I’m a white dude from the South. I hit the lottery when it comes to not experiencing that BS.

As for making LGBT residents heroes, that’s your opinion. But when people have been brutally murdered solely for existing, then it’s a big damn deal when they achieve a modicum of success or equality in this country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT