ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jon Stewart is Back, Baby!

darryl-the-office-darryl-philbin.gif

Oh wow….. so I haven’t been ageist for the last 6 years?

The most important reason to be AGEIST(70+) at the governmental leadership positions?

There are no repercussions for their actions.

And both Joe and Trump have continued to display this in spades. We are culturally conditioned to respect elders. I respect people 9 to 90 that earn it. Both of these guys think the US Constitution is a conditional document. Boot both of them.

He’s been successful and did a lot of good for the FDNY and I’ll always respect that and be thankful for it. But he personifies one of my pet peeves and that’s grown men who act like kids. He’s 61 and is in the level with college kids/ young adults. Drives me nuts.

He’s been successful and did a lot of good for the FDNY and I’ll always respect that and be thankful for it. But he personifies one of my pet peeves and that’s grown men who act like kids. He’s 61 and is in the level with college kids/ young adults. Drives me nuts.

That sounds like your problem, not his. Not everyone has to conform to your ideals. Lord knows I don't conform to anyone's ideals, but my own. But, I'm a fully functioning and successful adult who takes care of myself and my family and I help others to the best of my ability. It's not any of your business how I dress or act or look. Same goes for Jon Stewart.

He hosts a "comedy" show.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
That sounds like your problem, not his. Not everyone has to conform to your ideals. Lord knows I don't conform to anyone's ideals, but my own. But, I'm a fully functioning and successful adult who takes care of myself and my family and I help others to the best of my ability. It's not any of your business how I dress or act or look. Same goes for Jon Stewart.
Well, the thread is about him so that’s naturally who we’re going to give opinions on. Glad to know you’re fully functioning though. One less thing for me to worry about, I guess.

Bill Maher does a great job but he is one smug MF.
At some point…… you have to become smug to what you believe in, otherwise you become a shill.

Maher is a proper liberal.

1. willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.

2. relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

Bill Maher does a great job but he is one smug MF.
At least he's become more open minded over the years and not so closed minded as he used to be. I actually enjoy watching him one on one these days when he has meaningful debates with people on either side.
Actually met him in Miami many years ago and in person he's very accommodating and gracious, I expected him to be more stand offish than he was.

At least he's become more open minded over the years and not so closed minded as he used to be. I actually enjoy watching him one on one these days when he has meaningful debates with people on either side.
Actually met him in Miami many years ago and in person he's very accommodating and gracious, I expected him to be more stand offish than he was.
That's why the libs do not like him. He can actually think for himself.

Oh wow….. so I haven’t been ageist for the last 6 years?

The most important reason to be AGEIST(70+) at the governmental leadership positions?

There are no repercussions for their actions.

And both Joe and Trump have continued to display this in spades. We are culturally conditioned to respect elders. I respect people 9 to 90 that earn it. Both of these guys think the US Constitution is a conditional document. Boot both of them.
Neither of them are in charge. They are just puppets doing what the people who put them there asked them to do.

Candidates are appointed in this country by Super PACS and then you vote on who they allow to run. The president is just the person taking the arrows.

They're not destroying this country, the Super PACS are. Follow the money....

Neither of them are in charge. They are just puppets doing what the people who put them there asked them to do.

Candidates are appointed in this country by Super PACS and then you vote on who they allow to run. The president is just the person taking the arrows.

They're not destroying this country, the Super PACS are. Follow the money....
When I say Joe/Trump are, they are more than capable of calling out their Super PACs.

It goes both ways.

• Love
Reactions: Tiger Guru
When I say Joe/Trump are, they are more than capable of calling out their Super PACs.

It goes both ways.
I totally agree, however you will never see a politician call out the people giving them power. You know this already, but we live in a blackmail society.

Epstein wasn't about pedophilia as much as it was blackmailing powerful people. Over 500 VHS tapes confiscated by the FBI. Who is on those tapes and why did he keep them?

You will do what we say or we will release the tapes, or the affair you had on your wife, or the gay boyfriend you have that nobody knows about, etc... Some get roofied, wake up the next morning and get shown a tape they don't remember. Too late, gotchya.

Everything involving politics "at the highest level" is about blackmail. You cannot get into that club unless they have leverage on you. I'm not talking about the 90% of low-level attorneys who are politicians. It's the 10% they control and that's all they need to control.

How in the world does someone who has never officially made more than $180k in their lifetime, worth 20+ million on taxpayer salary? How in the world does a guy have a private island, who's married to a former Israeli spy always get a pass? The CIA runs this country or at the very least, dictates what happens and there's absolutely zero we can do about it. Kennedy warned of us that.

It's been checkmate since the TV entered our living rooms and George H ran the CIA.

Last edited:
I totally agree, however you will never see a politician call out the people giving them power. You know this already, but we live in a blackmail society.

Epstein wasn't about pedophilia as much as it was blackmailing powerful people. Over 500 VHS tapes confiscated by the FBI. Who is on those tapes and why did he keep them?

You will do what we say or we will release the tapes, or the affair you had on your wife, or the gay boyfriend you have that nobody knows about, etc... Some get roofied, wake up the next morning and get shown a tape they don't remember. Too late, gotchya.

Everything involving politics "at the highest level" is about blackmail. You cannot get into that club unless they have leverage on you. I'm not talking about the 90% of low-level attorneys who are politicians. It's the 10% they control and that's all they need to control.

How in the world does someone who has never officially made more than $180k in their lifetime, worth 20+ million on taxpayer salary?

It's been checkmate since the TV entered our living rooms and George H ran the CIA.
I don’t disagree. But at the same time that’s a lot for it to never shake out.

Somebody, somewhere doing an Andy Dufresne mail drop anonymously.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
I don’t disagree. But at the same time that’s a lot for it to never shake out.

Somebody, somewhere doing an Andy Dufresne mail drop anonymously.
No doubt! Hence the war against "Conspiracy theories" and "fake news".

In the year 2024, if your television does not tell you, it must be fake news or conspiracy theory.

Just label it fake news because the 6pm Nightly News didn't mention it.

Weird but not surprising convo going on in this thread. Great to see Jon again. Dude is funny.
Yep.
If you can’t handle Stewart/Maher, then you aren’t ever looking for proper dialogue.

It’s why I champion NewsNation, OVERALL it’s an attempt at honest dialogue.

Always been a fan. However I was at a show when he opened for Chappelle a few years back and I was shocked just how bad he was at stand up. I thought it would have translated well but apparently not
Most comedians that can't make it in show business end up with a talk show.
Steven Colbert, Jon Stewart, Jimmy Kimmel, Johnny Carson, Trevor Noah, etc.

The only ones that could truly get away with political rhetoric and be funny were Richard Pryor, George Carlin and of course Ricky Gervais.

Mmmm, boy. You got ‘em.
If you're old enough to know Santa isn't real, you're old enough to know the 2 party system is a hoax as well. Therefore, you're a sheep if you support anything Left or Right. 🤷

You understand it's a comedy show and the target demo is college kids, right? That's not his real personality. His real personality is doing more for veterans than any politician or govt. agency dreamed of doing, all while acting his age. What drives you nuts is that he's right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT