ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Predictions re: Middle East War

Who put their command post in the refuge camp? Does Hamas respect the life of the refugees?

Islamic terrorists care nothing for life.
Do you think I didn't understand why they did this? I do but if they are committing 100s of thousands of ground troops to Gaza, why not go in for a more targeted kill instead of blowing up hundreds of civilians through collateral damage? I just believe it's important to spare those lives if there was an alternative way to carry out the mission.

Do you think I didn't understand why they did this? I do but if they are committing 100s of thousands of ground troops to Gaza, why not go in for a more targeted kill instead of blowing up hundreds of civilians through collateral damage? I just believe it's important to spare those lives if there was an alternative way to carry out the mission.
How easy it is to spend someone else's life.

Reactions: jmm45 and PawsFan_
How easy it is to spend someone else's life.
Saving ....I'm talking about preventing unnecessary civilian deaths. If the goal is not to spend any Israeli life, they could just blow Gaza off the map and be done with it.

Some thoughts from a guy who has worked the AOR for 11 years.
- Iranian back militia groups have been attacking US bases in the area ever since we finished off ISIS. I don't want to say its "no big deal" but its not uncommon, we're prepared for it, and its really status quo for the AOR. These sort of attacks aren't dragging us into WW3.
- About every 5 years, plus or minus, Israel has to crack skulls in Gaza and Lebanon. Again, this is nothing new. It isn't starting WW3.
- Yep....Israel shwacking Palestinian zealots ensures a new generation of Palestinian zealots. It's an ugly ride but there's no way off it. You don't have terrorists kill 1200 of your people and not retaliate 10 fold.
- These zealots are literally bred from birth to hate Jews. They are as racist as it comes.
- I support Israel but temper that support with the fact Israel doesn't respectfully acknowledge that their entire existence is contingent on US Aid. They spy on us almost as much as China. The US govt should remind them of our generosity at every opportunity.
- Do you see the Arab nations rising up and offering the Palestinians a home in their countries? This problem could be solved by giving the Palestinians a new home away from Israeli border. Saudi has plenty of land and a need for workers. I don't see them offering to help. Why? Saud believe Palestinian are beneath them. Same with Egypt, Jordan and the GCC nations.
- The troops the US are sending are to improve our defensive posture in the region AND to signal to Iran to shut the **** up and don't even think about doing anything.
- Anything out of Yemen targeting Israel or the US is not the Houthi's.....it's Iran. Houthi's may be involved but its' Iranian SOF training, supplying and giving them direction. Now you know why the Sauds didn't want the Houthi's to have control of Yemen.
- Publicly the Arab governments will make pronouncements in favor of the Palestinians. Behind the scenes they will quietly support Israel. Why because they hate Iran and is Israel fights Iran.
- Iran is the real enemy here.
Thanks for your well thought out response to my original question. I’m just hoping this doesn’t slip slide it’s way into WWIII.

47 killed at the camp I am aware of. And a good % of those were likely Hamas.

Killing civilians sucks. But if your cowardly enemy is going to hide behind them, you don't have a lot of choice. Maybe the citizenry ought to come out against Hamas using them as human shields.

BTW. US and NATO are the only countries in the world that care about civilian causalities. It's our weakness. You think Hamas didn't target civilians? You think Putin worries about killing Ukrainian civilians?

Reactions: leetp and jmm45
The "refugee camp" thatis in the headlines is not really a refugee camp. It was a refugee camp at one point, hence it's name, but now it's just another part of the urban area. Emphasizing the "refugee camp" angle somehow makes it sound extra bad of israel for bombing hamas there.

The "refugee camp" thatis in the headlines is not really a refugee camp. It was a refugee camp at one point, hence it's name, but now it's just another part of the urban area. Emphasizing the "refugee camp" angle somehow makes it sound extra bad of israel for bombing hamas there.
It’s basically a council housing estate. It’s a multi-building complex of apartments that have been there since like the mid-50s. It isn’t like a tent city.

Some thoughts from a guy who has worked the AOR for 11 years.
- Iranian back militia groups have been attacking US bases in the area ever since we finished off ISIS. I don't want to say its "no big deal" but its not uncommon, we're prepared for it, and its really status quo for the AOR. These sort of attacks aren't dragging us into WW3.
- About every 5 years, plus or minus, Israel has to crack skulls in Gaza and Lebanon. Again, this is nothing new. It isn't starting WW3.
- Yep....Israel shwacking Palestinian zealots ensures a new generation of Palestinian zealots. It's an ugly ride but there's no way off it. You don't have terrorists kill 1200 of your people and not retaliate 10 fold.
- These zealots are literally bred from birth to hate Jews. They are as racist as it comes.
- I support Israel but temper that support with the fact Israel doesn't respectfully acknowledge that their entire existence is contingent on US Aid. They spy on us almost as much as China. The US govt should remind them of our generosity at every opportunity.
- Do you see the Arab nations rising up and offering the Palestinians a home in their countries? This problem could be solved by giving the Palestinians a new home away from Israeli border. Saudi has plenty of land and a need for workers. I don't see them offering to help. Why? Saud believe Palestinian are beneath them. Same with Egypt, Jordan and the GCC nations.
- The troops the US are sending are to improve our defensive posture in the region AND to signal to Iran to shut the **** up and don't even think about doing anything.
- Anything out of Yemen targeting Israel or the US is not the Houthi's.....it's Iran. Houthi's may be involved but its' Iranian SOF training, supplying and giving them direction. Now you know why the Sauds didn't want the Houthi's to have control of Yemen.
- Publicly the Arab governments will make pronouncements in favor of the Palestinians. Behind the scenes they will quietly support Israel. Why because they hate Iran and is Israel fights Iran.
- Iran is the real enemy here.
Disagree on some points, agree on others.

In any event, I think the US has to be a bit careful in assuming that Shia Iran and the Sunni Arab states are committed to animosity with each other. You hear it all the time, the Shia and Sunna hate other beyond belief, they'll never make peace, etc. These are rational actors that are considerably more pragmatic than they're portrayed as being. Iran hit Saudi oil fields in 2019, and diplomatic relations between the two were restored in 2023. These gross simplications usually don't end well for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT