ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The vaccine is basically a flu shot

I'm a firm believer that the conflict and division in this country you describe is a direct result of Americans having most of their discussions on politics, religion, morality, etc. online (e.g., here, tMB) rather than in person. That certainly was occurring prior to COVID, but I think the isolation COVID forced on us amplified this quite a bit.
The devils playground certainly lends itself to vitriol and maliciousness.

My Father is sick now that he got the J&J shot two weeks ago. I tried to tell him not to get it but he believed.

He believed in all mighty government.

My Father is sick now that he got the J&J shot two weeks ago. I tried to tell him not to get it but he believed.

He believed in all mighty government.
Sorry to hear about your dad being sick.

It takes a few weeks before your body responds to the vaccine fully.

I keep seeing this term “post-vax”. We aren’t post-vax yet. That happens when enough people have received it, so that we achieve herd immunity. That’s when things really get back to normal.

So many people look at this from an individual perspective and not from the perspective of the entire population, and then they don’t understand the reasoning behind these decisions and policies whatsoever.
For example - even if the Vax is 90% effective. That is still 10% of the vaccinated population walking around capable of getting sick and continuing to spread it to those who haven’t been vaxxed and/or are in that 10% group.

For example - even if the Vax is 90% effective. That is still 10% of the vaccinated population walking around capable of getting sick and continuing to spread it to those who haven’t been vaxxed and/or are in that 10% group.

Yeah, things are getting better every day, but we are not out of the woods, yet.

As far as the OP topic; we’ve known this all along. It sucks. It could also be worse.

2 weeks to flatten the curve

Some people do believe anything

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Now they don't even care if we know they are peeing on our leg and telling us it's raining.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT