ADVERTISEMENT

OT - voting for person vs the issues

I think there is a lot of good in Donald Trump. I believe like all of us…he has flaws and isn’t perfect. God used MANY imperfect people in the Bible for HIS purpose. No doubt Trump loves this country and it will be America first. I believe that with everything I am. TRUMP2024

Holy shit. I always thought you were smart, Amy. Trump has never put anything before his own desires.

I think there is a lot of good in Donald Trump. I believe like all of us…he has flaws and isn’t perfect. God used MANY imperfect people in the Bible for HIS purpose. No doubt Trump loves this country and it will be America first. I believe that with everything I am. TRUMP2024
Man as a life long southern Baptist, I find it a bit perplexing that Christians have jumped on his wagon so hard. He's the guy that the high and mighty would snicker at when he walked thru your church doors.

Man as a life long southern Baptist, I find it a bit perplexing that Christians have jumped on his wagon so hard. He's the guy that the high and mighty would snicker at when he walked thru your church doors.
I don't think the Christians have jumped on his wagon enthusiastically. They would probably rather have a Pence. That being said they realize that Trump is better than the alternative (from their perspective at least).

Not hardly. Bad take. You have 2 choices when you vote. It’s very simple. You are making it way too hard. And being very sanctimonious. I’m a sinner just like Trump. And you. I’m going to try to vote them all out.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

Biden is so embarrassing. The 2 current candidates have made America the laughingstock of the world. One guy is riddled with dementia and the other is a reality tv host/scumbag with a God complex. I hope the dems replace Biden ASAP with someone who actually has a chance of winning. It needs to be a moderate who can appeal to the independents, but at this point that person may not exist.

Biden is so embarrassing. The 2 current candidates have made America the laughingstock of the world. One guy is riddled with dementia and the other is a reality tv host/scumbag with a God complex. I hope the dems replace Biden ASAP with someone who actually has a chance of winning. It needs to be a moderate who can appeal to the independents, but at this point that person may not exist.
This country will never have another moderate. It's either polarity or nothing at all.

Reactions: acwill07
I honestly believe Trump is a bad person. And Joe seems like a good dude.

But dammit I can't support the left's progressive social policies, much less their shitty economic record.

How do you reconcile voting for an ego maniac who appears to be racist (on the surface) vs supporting views that contradict everything I believe?
Good dudes don’t let the Afghanistan exit go down the way it did and then lie through their teeth about it. Good dudes don’t let millions of people pour in over the border essentially unchecked at the expense in multiple cases of American lives. Good dudes would be able to say the names of the victims and call their families. Good dudes would do everything in their power to rescue AMERICAN hostages.

Good deeds don't make one a good person any more than an evil deed makes one an evil person. Shitty people do good things all the time. Good people make mistakes.

I'm not saying DT is the antichrist but he's far from a good person. And yes- he certainly lives himself more than anything else in the world, but the man knows big business and can orchestrate the economy like no one I've seen in my lifetime.

I don’t have to like DT

Just love his policies

Will vote for him all day

If you look back into past Presidents and political positions of every politician you will find the people over the years have changed all over the place based on their bias and desire to have people reelect them and not good policies

I vote for the man with the best policy position

That is 100% Trump

Honest question ... do you believe Donald Trump to be a good man? Do you believe him to be an honest person who operates with a strong sense of integrity? Do you believe he loves this country more than himself? Do you believe he puts this country above himself?
If you believe these things are true about biden, you are an idiot. At this very moment he is putting himself over the country, lol. He, his family, all those in his cabinet, the press, and the dem party have been putting the him before the country. If they had been honest about his obvious senility a year ago or more, they would not be in this position now. Did the dem party do what was best for the country by nominating Joe?

Of course the answers to all those questions are no. And this begins to illustrate what is wrong with the Republican Party currently. We've got a nominee who is only pretending to be a Republican and the far right worships this guy with an amount of zeal that would make John Brown blush. It's insane.
Its not the far right that likes Trump. Most of his support comes from moderates on both sides. The extremes on both sides hate him...

Donald Trump and many Republican have been promoted by the Democrats and Left as being the END OF TIME AND DEMOCRACY demons.

Nothing could be farther from the true.

I am an independent having NEVER attended a Democratic or Republican event EVER

I SEND MONEY TO INDIVIDUAL CANDIDATES AND NEVER TO A PARTY

Democrats have removed themselves from selling their policies and selling fear and hate which I have to admit with the DUMB AND FREE LOADER AMERICANS they do a fantastic job.

At this moment the Greatest threat to Democracy and Representative Government is the DEMOCRATIC PARTY

AND I ABSOLUTELY TRULY BELIEVE THAT

I don’t there’s a one size fits all answer to the question of person vs. policy.

Nowadays the two are conflated anyway, i.e. you’re a good or bad person depending on your political position.

I don’t think someone’s an evil person for wanting eggs to be cheaper or healthcare to be universal. On the other hand, we’re presented with higher stakes everywhere else.

I honestly believe Trump is a bad person. And Joe seems like a good dude.

But dammit I can't support the left's progressive social policies, much less their shitty economic record.

How do you reconcile voting for an ego maniac who appears to be racist (on the surface) vs supporting views that contradict everything I believe?
I agree with just about everything you’ve said about Trump. But voting for Joe because you think he’s a better person doesn’t make sense to me. At a minimum he’s a serial liar, which has been well documented for 30+ years. Just because he’s old, frail and now mostly soft spoken doesn’t mean the man has changed.

Reactions: CUPLAYER1
I agree with just about everything you’ve said about Trump. But voting for Joe because you think he’s a better person doesn’t make sense to me. At a minimum he’s a serial liar, which has been well documented for 30+ years. Just because he’s old, frail and now mostly soft spoken doesn’t mean the man has changed.
I think most people I know don't think he is an objectively good person. Just not so aggressively bad and especially selfish (he's a politician, I understand they're all selfish to some extent). Growls would tell you that Trump loves America and does everything for its good, but I think most people I know (even the ones that will vote for him) think he does everything for himself alone. Sometimes that lines up with the country. I also struggle with people who think they know the most about everything and only want yes people around them to tell them how great they are. From everything I've seen that is Trump to a T.

Reactions: Budgripe86
I think most people I know don't think he is an objectively good person. Just not so aggressively bad and especially selfish (he's a politician, I understand they're all selfish to some extent). Growls would tell you that Trump loves America and does everything for its good, but I think most people I know (even the ones that will vote for him) think he does everything for himself alone. Sometimes that lines up with the country. I also struggle with people who think they know the most about everything and only want yes people around them to tell them how great they are. From everything I've seen that is Trump to a T.
Agreed. Trump is no doubt bombastic in every sense of the word. My biggest issue with Trump, regarding potentially being the president, is that you literally can’t take him at his word. Is he joking when he talks about locking up Hilary, or being serious? (One of his bombastic claims). His supporters say, “oh, that’s just Trump being Trump.” My question is, which claims should we believe then? Can our allies or adversaries trust what he says? Trumpers will say, “..it’s good to keep them on their toes.” Try that in any other relationship and see how that works out for ya.

• Love
Reactions: UrHuckleberry
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT