ADVERTISEMENT

Personally, Have No Problem With This. What Say YOU? Semper Fi

lol at folks upset at Gen Amos for attempting to influence the outcome of the investigation, while giving our president a pass for repeated efforts to do that same, both while he has been in office, and prior to being elected.
lol at folks who lol at folks.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
giphy.gif

smh...

also, i dont think you know what "witch hunt" means.

There is video proof...
Proof of pissing, yep. Proof of what those soldiers have gone thru that may have caused them to make a possibly questionable decision in the heat of battle? Have you ever said piss on them? Have you ever posted of picture of the piss on cartoon kid? What they did was not much different IMO considering their circumstance and possible frame of mind at the time. So yes it's a witch hunt snowflake.

It's not hard. Big difference between Kelly Bryant and the damn Taliban.
They are just people fighting for something that believe in. You have to have honor in combat.
This is completely unhonorable.

Besides that, this type of behavior is gold for militant recruitment, and invites more attacks on the west.

So yes I have a problem with it on two levels. And the people who say that have no problem with it are being vindictive and illogical at best.

They are just people fighting for something that believe in. You have to have honor in combat.

Besides that, this type of behavior is gold for militant recruitment, and invites more attacks on the west.

So yes I have a problem with it on two levels. And the people who say that have no problem with it are being vindictive and illogical at best.
Ha! Read up on General Sherman, that guy understood war.

What's decent about Taliban? What's to respect about Taliban? It's only unfortunate they didn't burn them.
What’s to respect about them is that they are people. Bad people? Evil people? Sure. But the one single thing that makes/has made America different is our idea that people, no matter what, deserve certain respect and decency simply for being people.

Proof of pissing, yep. Proof of what those soldiers have gone thru that may have caused them to make a possibly questionable decision in the heat of battle? Have you ever said piss on them? Have you ever posted of picture of the piss on cartoon kid? What they did was not much different IMO considering their circumstance and possible frame of mind at the time. So yes it's a witch hunt snowflake.

Ahh yes. i has forgotten that the sticker of the kid with Dale Jrs number pissing on Kyle Busch’s number was the same as pissing on someone. Art is the imitation of life.

I’m divided on this a little. I’m not offended by it. But at the same time, isn’t the whole idea here that America is different from these people because we respect basic human decency? That we are better than them because we don’t do things like defile the body after they’re dead?

Well said. We're Americans, and we should hold ourselves to a higher standard and example for the world.

Reactions: Orangeoveralls
Well said. We're Americans, and we should hold ourselves to a higher standard and example for the world.
I get the sentiment, but when people are literally trying to kill you, perhaps you may thing differently. I read all these soft hearted war postings and shake my head. The concept of kill them all and let God sort them out comes to mind more than be gentle with their corpse.

This is why I don’t just blindly say support the troops and all that. Most of these guys are just in the army because they didn’t have the grades for college and didn’t know what to do after high school.

"Most" . How many do you know?

I guess you wouldn’t like to hear my stories about throwing flash bangs into empty buildings on patrols just so we can laugh as everyone runs or about putting our laser sights on people to **** with them out of boredom on post...

On battle... "Out of every 100 men, 10 should not even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. -quote attributed to Heraclitus

There is no doubt which posters on this board are "the 10 who shouldn't even be there"...and I am fine with that... if they would keep their mouth shut and not cast judgment on "rough men who stand ready in the night to bring violence to those who would do us harm."

If you have haven't served in war... shut your mouth and keep your judgement to yourself.

I would think the fact that the Taliban are dead is a much bigger problem for the Taliban, than the bodies being pissed on.

It's not a good look, and I think some punishment is in order. Likely there was a standing order that was violated. But Amos wanted to go WAY too far IMO.

What’s to respect about them is that they are people. Bad people? Evil people? Sure. But the one single thing that makes/has made America different is our idea that people, no matter what, deserve certain respect and decency simply for being people.

Read about some of the stuff American solders did in WWII. There was some bad stuff done. Nothing close to the Nazis or the SS mind you (and I'm not just talking about the camps) or the Japanese, but some bad stuff was done. D-Day was really bad supposedly.

I mean no disrespect to those men. But when you put men under extreme stress and fear (the likes of which most of us will never know), under miserable conditions, for that long, they are going to take it out somehow. Some of the same traits that make them good fighters can lead to stuff like this. It's not good, it's not what you want to happen, but on the list of problems it's down the list.

Not a NASCAR fan here was actually thinking of this.

65979.jpg

That's different. The chicken was a-askin' fer it.

Please, these are Marines, not girl scouts. They get paid to serve their country and sometime that involves killing other people. Social skills could be lacking, and our troops sometimes do get up to shenanigans. They should have been reprimanded as follows:

Their platoon leader (probably a 2nd LT) calls them all in at once:

LT: The brass is on my ass b/c you pissed on some dead Taliban. I don't like the brass on my ass, In fact it pisses me off. You are part of the premier fighting force in the entire world. Act like it. Stop doing stupid shit and if you are going to do stupid shit, DON'T F'ing FILM IT YOU DUMBASSES!!! In the future, piss in the latrine or on the ground. That's an order.. Consider yourselves reprimanded. Now get out of my sight.

Marines: Yes Sir.

End of Story and end of problem.

That POS would wet his pants and cry for mommy the first week of boot. He’d never graduate from PI. All he does is troll and to troll and talk shit about MARINES on our ****ing birthday is a new low for him
The physical requirements for boot camp according to Google is 3 pull-ups, 50 sit-ups, and 3 miles in under 28 minutes. Is this a joke?

This is why I don’t just blindly say support the troops and all that. Most of these guys are just in the army because they didn’t have the grades for college and didn’t know what to do after high school.

They are still defending our country...regardless of education level.

What is your degree in John? Just curious.

“Most”

How many do you actually know? My guess is very few and this is just semi-educated millennial virtue signaling.

lol at folks upset at Gen Amos for attempting to influence the outcome of the investigation, while giving our president a pass for repeated efforts to do that same, both while he has been in office, and prior to being elected.

How can a private citizen commit unlawful command influence? I really need to hear this legal theory. Citations to the actual statute would be helpful.

Said the arrogant fool that does not know. There may be a few that “don’t have the grades”, but that would be the exception to the rule.

When I returned to graduate school after service, I had the unfortunate privilege to meet a few PHD students that shared your mistaken belief. I was forced to point out that based on my experience, the average intelligence of my soldiers exceeded the average intelligence of the graduate students our department. I had no doubt about the soldiers ability to persevere through any amount of BS, a belief not shared by most of the students in the department that I taught and took classes with.

In my engineer unit in Korea, out of about 30 soldiers about a third held BS degrees, a few others were taking classes. Of the remaining young privates I kept track of, most used GI Bill to go to school after ETS. A couple stayed in to defend your right to be arrogant and wrong.

While I have lost touch with many- at last count they became: 4 small business owners, 3 (including myself) executives leading multimillion dollar organizations, 3 engineers (PE), a private demolitions expert, a couple of farmers, 2 teachers, a PA, 2 police officers, about a half dozen fathers working in industry, a Sargent Major, and one was KIA while on duty in Iraq.

Now, take a moment and tell me about the special folks that you graduated high school or started college with and their accomplishments. I’ll give you 15 years to see if they can match those of the real 1%- those that wrote the check you did not, would not, or were afraid to write.

I normally ignore your uninformed posts, but today is not the day to look down your nose. Offer the weak sauce ‘thanks for your service’ or remain silent. I would prefer all that didn’t write the check to find some way to offer service to their community. Be worthy of the freedoms that others have served, fought and died for you to have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT