ADVERTISEMENT

Player suspended already for comments regarding Sam kissing his twink

Willence...don't waste your time bro! These guys(Eg. transference) are free thinking geniuses! They're far above in their thought processes and intellect. That's the reason they stay on the board carrying the flag for the liberals. They are trying to help us attain their wisdom and revelation!
roll.r191677.gif

Truth is, most of them don't know how to get out of the rain!

Originally posted by yoshi121374:

Originally posted by Dbatz:

Just because he enjoys sex with another man does not mean he was made that way. Pedophiles obviously enjoy their sick desires, but were they born that way? There are people who prefer a sexual encounter with an animal, with furry costumed people, etc. There are lots of sick headed people out there. It is termed sexual deviancy and was a proper diagnosis in the medical profession until liberalism got it removed not so long ago. The human mind is capable of as good or bad as you let it.

If he wants to be gay, i don't care.. only he has to answer for what he does. What i cant stand is this attempt by(pick your culprit) to normalize this deviant lifestyle.
Did you really compare Homosexuality with pedophilia and sex with animals. Have you ever known someone close to you who is Homosexual? If you have it should be pretty obvious to you that its not a choice. Who would want to live a lifestyle that is ridiculed and mocked everyday by choice. I generally stay out of these types of conversations, but I am constantly reminded of who makes up the majority. You do realize that up until the Civil rights movements the bible and religion were used to support segregation and not providing equal rights. I don't hear any of you making this argument now.
Nothing you typed is anything different that the "excuse" pedophiles use.
I would say that pedophilia is an adult or person in a position of power forcing themselves on someone younger in a weaker position. That is very different than a homosexual relationship between 2 consenting adults.

Please tell me you don't think that these two can be compared.
You should educate yourself on this topic more. Pedophiles use the same exact argument gays use. their contention is they were born that way, that they did not choose to be this way. Look it up, or stay uninformed so you can promote your social agenda

It's discriminatory because those same-sex couples aren't being granted privileges that are routinely and institutionally granted to heterosexual couples.

I don't think the average person realizes the Federal and State protections and benefits they reap from being married.

Bottom line; when you have a sub-set of the population targeted to NOT receive a benefit that is routinely given to everyone else, that is the definition of discrimination.

What if we didn't allow marriage or marriage benefits to people who married people 30 years their younger? Interracial couples? Fat couples? Atheist couples?

Originally posted by Willence:

Originally posted by Transference:

You didn't need to type five paragraphs when you just could have said...

"I use my religion to justify my intolerance for people who make lifestyle choices that I don't agree with. Also, I still don't fully comprehend the difference between adjectives and verbs. They are pretty much the same damn thing."

This post was edited on 5/12 12:55 PM by Transference
But that's not what I said and you know it. I know you're just enjoying trying to irritate me. It won't really work. At any rate, I'm done with you cause you're not interested in a discussion. You just want to be an ass and try to irritate people. That's so very 5 years old of you. :)
That is exactly what you said, and you have said many times before. I spelled it out for you, and despite you losing a poor attempt at a semantics argument, you still can't understand how wrong you are.

Honestly though, it doesn't matter. You will continue to live your life with hate/contempt for your fellow man no matter what I say on this board. However, it does make me happy that the world is rapidly changing, and the days people being able to openly expose their hate without any consequences is coming to an end.

Just because he enjoys sex with another man does not mean he was made that way. Pedophiles obviously enjoy their sick desires, but were they born that way? There are people who prefer a sexual encounter with an animal, with furry costumed people, etc. There are lots of sick headed people out there. It is termed sexual deviancy and was a proper diagnosis in the medical profession until liberalism got it removed not so long ago. The human mind is capable of as good or bad as you let it.

If he wants to be gay, i don't care.. only he has to answer for what he does. What i cant stand is this attempt by(pick your culprit) to normalize this deviant lifestyle.
Did you really compare Homosexuality with pedophilia and sex with animals. Have you ever known someone close to you who is Homosexual? If you have it should be pretty obvious to you that its not a choice. Who would want to live a lifestyle that is ridiculed and mocked everyday by choice. I generally stay out of these types of conversations, but I am constantly reminded of who makes up the majority. You do realize that up until the Civil rights movements the bible and religion were used to support segregation and not providing equal rights. I don't hear any of you making this argument now.
I would say that pedophilia is an adult or person in a position of power forcing themselves on someone younger in a weaker position. That is very different than a homosexual relationship between 2 consenting adults.

You should educate yourself on this topic more. Pedophiles use the same exact argument gays use. their contention is they were born that way, that they did not choose to be this way. Look it up, or stay uninformed so you can promote your social agenda
I guess those of us who weren't born pedophiles should be thankful we weren't born that way including heterosexuals and homosexuals. That's what you are saying, right???

"I use my religion to justify my intolerance for people who make lifestyle choices that I don't agree with. Also, I still don't fully comprehend the difference between adjectives and verbs. They are pretty much the same damn thing."

But that's not what I said and you know it. I know you're just enjoying trying to irritate me. It won't really work. At any rate, I'm done with you cause you're not interested in a discussion. You just want to be an ass and try to irritate people. That's so very 5 years old of you. :)
That is exactly what you said, and you have said many times before. I spelled it out for you, and despite you losing a poor attempt at a semantics argument, you still can't understand how wrong you are.

Honestly though, it doesn't matter. You will continue to live your life with hate/contempt for your fellow man no matter what I say on this board. However, it does make me happy that the world is rapidly changing, and the days people being able to openly expose their hate without any consequences is coming to an end.
What color is the sky in your world? You must be a college professor. Only there is this level of stupidity applauded and cultivated.

They may use that as their argument, and I would imagine it is probably true. However, acting on this pre-disposition is predatory and wrong since there is no consent or ability to be consensual since one person is in a position of power over the other. pedophilia is akin to rape.

To compare these two is insane. A homosexual relationship does not hurt anyone. pedophilia obviously can and does.

Originally posted by SDTiger9:
Willence,

I proudly support your convictions. You earn them. The only thing I disagree with is sexual preference being a CHOICE.

I knew 4 boys growing up from our ages of 4, 8, 14 and 14 through the time I was 18. I left my hometown for good and learned later that each of those guys came out. I never knew any of them past 18 but I knew the 4 and 8 year old were "different" and by the time we reached middle school, I knew they were not attracted to girls.

I left those 2 in public school and met 2 new guys at all boys high school. They were very consistent the entire time. It wasn't a show, it wasn't a choice. All 4 of those guys were gay when they were born. All 4 of them came from fathers who were an engineer, school teacher, Wall Street trader and a contractor.

The gay "choice" thing is a falacy. I'm sure there are some choosing to be deviant but there are most who are just that way.
It is my view you may be born gay, same-sex attraction, tendencies, or whatever. We are all born with sin and some have weaknesses towards one sin where another towards another sin. Some have weaknesses toward alcoholism, others materialism, greed, lust, etc.

I was born with the sin of wanting to have sex with every good looking girl I ever meet. Was I born this way? Yes. Is it ok for me to say" I am born this way and therefore I should be proud of it and follow every urge down this path"? For me, no. God clearly defines how I should live. I should honor my wife and enjoy every benefit of sex with her and her only.

I have no problem with people that are born gay. I sympathize with them. I love them and I hope they can live honorably to God's law. Anyone who lives outside of this and is proud to, I realize the destructive path they are headed down. I can not condone any lifestyle out of God's will for each of us.

Originally posted by PKGinATL:
Originally posted by SDTiger9:
Willence,

I proudly support your convictions. You earn them. The only thing I disagree with is sexual preference being a CHOICE.

I knew 4 boys growing up from our ages of 4, 8, 14 and 14 through the time I was 18. I left my hometown for good and learned later that each of those guys came out. I never knew any of them past 18 but I knew the 4 and 8 year old were "different" and by the time we reached middle school, I knew they were not attracted to girls.

I left those 2 in public school and met 2 new guys at all boys high school. They were very consistent the entire time. It wasn't a show, it wasn't a choice. All 4 of those guys were gay when they were born. All 4 of them came from fathers who were an engineer, school teacher, Wall Street trader and a contractor.

The gay "choice" thing is a falacy. I'm sure there are some choosing to be deviant but there are most who are just that way.
It is my view you may be born gay, same-sex attraction, tendencies, or whatever. We are all born with sin and some have weaknesses towards one sin where another towards another sin. Some have weaknesses toward alcoholism, others materialism, greed, lust, etc.

I was born with the sin of wanting to have sex with every good looking girl I ever meet. Was I born this way? Yes. Is it ok for me to say" I am born this way and therefore I should be proud of it and follow every urge down this path"? For me, no. God clearly defines how I should live. I should honor my wife and enjoy every benefit of sex with her and her only.

I have no problem with people that are born gay. I sympathize with them. I love them and I hope they can live honorably to God's law. Anyone who lives outside of this and is proud to, I realize the destructive path they are headed down. I can not condone any lifestyle out of God's will for each of us.

This post was edited on 5/12 2:29 PM by TAINT_PAINT

What color is the sky in your world? You must be a college professor. Only there is this level of stupidity applauded and cultivated.
Congrats on losing yet another argument, and showing everyone else how much of a shitty person you are. Hopefully one day you will realize it so your kid won't be taught to have the same hate in his heart.

Originally posted by KingBMich:
Why is it ok to mock someones religion but not their sexuality?
I will provide the answer based on the thought at large.

Religion is a choice. You can be Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, Jewish, Protestant and many others. The large factions are mocked some but the extreme, rare versions: Wicken, cult factions, Scientologists are mocked daily. You can change your religion tomorrow if you want. You can choose to have no religion at all. Having options makes it debatable and subject to criticism. Many on this board CHOOSE to follow religions deep in protesting the way Christianity was being consumed. Essentially mocking earlier form of Christianity until it was comfortable(Methodist, Baptist) to your liking.

Sexuality is a natural attraction, not a decision. For the vast majority of people, you are not choosing your sexuality. I'm know there are some making a choice(and those folks IMO are subject to mocking - Lindsay Lohan/Samantha Ronson, white guy/with submissive Asian woman). But the vast majority are doing what comes natural.
is it cool to mock someone for missing an arm? Is it ok to make fun of someone who can't see? Is it ok to mock a person kissing another human being who are attracted to each other?

Im with the majority. Calling attention to oneself in that manner is not appropriate. That display on TV the other day is unnecessary and was exactly that, a display. Kiss each other as you normally do. If they do that every time, I stand corrected.

This argument is flawed, illogical, and unsupportable.

First, for those who are truly Christians, it is not a choice. It is the way they feel, it is what they believe. They love their God. It is not a choice. The way we act, what we do, what we say - these are choices we make. What you believe, how you feel, who you love are not choices.

Second if the explination/justification for living a gay lifestyle is that "sexuality is a natural attraction" and that they are "doing what comes natural" tell me this. If you strictly stick to sexual attraction what is your opinion to child molesters? Did they get up one day and say "gee, I think I want to be a child molester from now on"? No, it is a natural attraction, it is the way their brains are wired. They can not help the desires they have. HOWEVER, they can choose not to act on them. Also, if you are married, does that mean you stop being physically attracted to other women? Is it okay for you to cheat on your wife just because you are "doing what comes natural"?
I will not pretend to tell someone they can choose how they "feel" or who they may be attracted to. What I will say is that you can choose how you act. We all choose how we act. We choose how we respond to the way we feel, whether it is a response to anger, love, humiliation, lust(sexual attraction), etc.
The most common defense or argument that homosexuality is not a sin is that you are born that way, that you don't, as you say, choose to be gay. This argument is frankly absurd. A psychopath? A sociopath? Are any actions someone takes as a result of the way they feel or how their brain is wired justified? No.

Originally posted by CUT93:

Originally posted by KingBMich:
Why is it ok to mock someones religion but not their sexuality?
I will provide the answer based on the thought at large.

Religion is a choice. You can be Christian, Buddhist, Atheist, Jewish, Protestant and many others. The large factions are mocked some but the extreme, rare versions: Wicken, cult factions, Scientologists are mocked daily. You can change your religion tomorrow if you want. You can choose to have no religion at all. Having options makes it debatable and subject to criticism. Many on this board CHOOSE to follow religions deep in protesting the way Christianity was being consumed. Essentially mocking earlier form of Christianity until it was comfortable(Methodist, Baptist) to your liking.

Sexuality is a natural attraction, not a decision. For the vast majority of people, you are not choosing your sexuality. I'm know there are some making a choice(and those folks IMO are subject to mocking - Lindsay Lohan/Samantha Ronson, white guy/with submissive Asian woman). But the vast majority are doing what comes natural.
is it cool to mock someone for missing an arm? Is it ok to make fun of someone who can't see? Is it ok to mock a person kissing another human being who are attracted to each other?

Im with the majority. Calling attention to oneself in that manner is not appropriate. That display on TV the other day is unnecessary and was exactly that, a display. Kiss each other as you normally do. If they do that every time, I stand corrected.

This argument is flawed, illogical, and unsupportable.

First, for those who are truly Christians, it is not a choice. It is the way they feel, it is what they believe. They love their God. It is not a choice. The way we act, what we do, what we say - these are choices we make. What you believe, how you feel, who you love are not choices.

Second if the explination/justification for living a gay lifestyle is that "sexuality is a natural attraction" and that they are "doing what comes natural" tell me this. If you strictly stick to sexual attraction what is your opinion to child molesters? Did they get up one day and say "gee, I think I want to be a child molester from now on"? No, it is a natural attraction, it is the way their brains are wired. They can not help the desires they have. HOWEVER, they can choose not to act on them. Also, if you are married, does that mean you stop being physically attracted to other women? Is it okay for you to cheat on your wife just because you are "doing what comes natural"?
I will not pretend to tell someone they can choose how they "feel" or who they may be attracted to. What I will say is that you can choose how you act. We all choose how we act. We choose how we respond to the way we feel, whether it is a response to anger, love, humiliation, lust(sexual attraction), etc.
The most common defense or argument that homosexuality is not a sin is that you are born that way, that you don't, as you say, choose to be gay. This argument is frankly absurd. A psychopath? A sociopath? Are any actions someone takes as a result of the way they feel or how their brain is wired justified? No.
The problem with your argument is that you compare child molestation with an adult relationship. You also compare homosexuality with adultery. This is not the same thing at all. You are in effect saying that someone should deny their natural attraction to a consenting adult because it makes you uncomfortable, or doesn't agree with YOUR moral code.

Nothing like a good hate thread on TI justified by the FSM himself. Hopefully this blows over and we can back to arguing over if it matters that our baseball team sucks

They may use that as their argument, and I would imagine it is probably true. However, acting on this pre-disposition is predatory and wrong since there is no consent or ability to be consensual since one person is in a position of power over the other. pedophilia is akin to rape.

To compare these two is insane. A homosexual relationship does not hurt anyone. pedophilia obviously can and does.
I agree that pedophelia is a much worse mental issue. My point is that they have similarities. There is a lot of evidence that homosexuality is not something you are born as(or with) The APA(American Psychiactriac Assn.) was taken over by liberals and homosexuals in the late 70's and have been very successful in "mainstreaming" some of these deviant activities.

I agree that pedophelia is a much worse mental issue. My point is that they have similarities. There is a lot of evidence that homosexuality is not something you are born as(or with) The APA(American Psychiactriac Assn.) was taken over by liberals and homosexuals in the late 70's and have been very successful in "mainstreaming" some of these deviant activities.
I love that the APA changed their views because they were taken over by liberals and not because they may have done more research, or may have be changing with the times. They used to do some experiments that we would think are insane today see link.

old experiments

In 1979 (now famous)sex therapists Masters and Johnson published their findings that 72% of dissatisfied homosexuals who entered their program converted to satisfied heterosexuals, based on follow-up five years later. Immediately the APA attack hounds condemned their methodology and claimed the men weren't really homosexuals.

The APA is now lobbying to have homosexuals declared "a protected minority." If you think this is the workings of an objective group then there is no help for you. The APA is a politically motivated liberal group with an agenda.

Says who: APA former president.

Dr. Nicholas Cummings, who was once president of the American Psychological Association, says the organization that he once ran is being controlled by "ultra-liberals" who are working tirelessly to promote and advance the gay advocacy agenda.

During an interview with the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH), Cummings explained that he saw the mentality of the organization change following the adoption of the Leona Tyler Principle 1973, which required that all positions made public by the APA be supported with scientific evidence. He noticed the organization venturing further away from the positions laid forth by the Leona Tyler Principle.

Cummings, who was president of the APA from 1979 to 1980, explained that the organization "started changing pretty drastically by the late 1980s."

"By the mid-1990s, the Leona Tyler principle was absolutely forgotten, that political stances seemed to override any scientific results. Cherry-picking results became the mode. The gay rights movement sort of captured the APA," he explained.

Cummings went on to detail that he is not against the gay rights movement, including same-sex marriage, stating that he was one of those involved in getting homosexuality removed from the APA's list of mental diseases.

But Cummings was perturbed with the continual trend demonstrated by the organization of venturing further and further away from scientific objectivity with regard to certain controversial topics such as reparative therapy for homosexuality.

"I made the resolution that being gay was not a mental illness, that it was characterological," said the former president. "And it passed the Council of Representatives. And that was the first issue that came up. I also said with that, that the APA, if it passes this resolution, will also vote to continue research that demonstrates whatever the research demonstrates. Unbiased, open research. It was never done."

During his time at the APA, Cummings was also a member of the organization's Council of Representatives. After his time at the APA came to an end, he was the Chief of Mental Health with the Kaiser-Permanente Health Maintenance Organization. He also wrote the book Destructive Trends in Mental Health: The Well-Intentioned Path to Harm.

My point was that the poster, as you appear to also, say it is ok because it is a natural attraction. The point I was making, is that there are many types of natural attractions that are wrong based on almost all moral and religious codes. Indeed, in some of these examples of natural attraction I mentioned, there are unwilling parties who are harmed. In the case of adultery, there is no harm to anyone (unless the other spouse finds out) - so that example is very similar in my opinion.
I am not against homosexuality because it makes me uncomfortable. I am against homosexuality because it is sinful. Having said that, I do not hate homosexual people. If I hated everyone that sins, I would hate everyone. If we remove my religious views, I think people have the right to live any way they want to as long as it does not infringe on other people's rights(which homosexuality does not). Purely from a social perspective(not religious) I do not care who anyone sleeps with. You can have a family orgy or an orgy with a family of goats if you want to, and it is none of my business. If you want to cheat on your spouse, if you want to have 10 wives, that is none of my business. From the social perspective, I do not care. From a religious perspective all of these are sins. I do not agree with or condone these types of actions. That does not mean I do not think someone has a "right" in a free society to act on homosexual desires.
I am not saying someone should deny their natural attraction to a consenting adult because it doesn't agree with my moral code. Yes, it is against my moral(and more importantly, religious) code. Yes, I think it is a sin. Yes I think it is wrong. YES YOU STILL HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO LIVE A HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE. BUT... I DO NOT HAVE TO AGREE WITH OR CONDONE It.

Thank you for the validation, Transference. If you have that opinion of me, I'm definitely headed in the right direction. I don't hate anyone but you most certainly do...especially yourself. I am sorry for you! :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT