ADVERTISEMENT

Policy Discussion - Trump and Inflation

nytigerfan

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2004
The most popular topic on this forum the last week has been inflation, or "bidenflation" as many of you call it. The preeminent theory on this board from the right is that the current inflation and high cost of goods are all due to the reckless spending of Joe Biden. For some reason, all of the trillions in covid checks that trump pumped into the economy had no effect on inflation, just the money that Biden signed off on. But when you look at trump's proposed policies, they are only going to make inflation much, much worse.

Note: it is important to note that when trump took office, inflation went up from levels under Obama. So assuming trump policies will just magically reduce inflation is incorrect.

Policy #1. Deport all undocumented immigrants. This will bring farming and food production (think meat processing) to a halt. Prices will skyrocket as food related businesses try and fail to staff their operations with American citizens. It is important to remember that when trump shut down the economy in 2020, even he gave undocumented workers special passes to continue working. These people - or "animals" as trump calls them - are essential to our food supply.

Policy #2. 10% Tariffs on all imported goods, 60% tariff on goods from China, and 100% tariff on all imported vehicles. This will cost the average american family $1500. As with his last round of tariffs, these costs will be passed on to the American consumer.

So I ask you, if inflation is truly a big concern of yours, how can you possibly vote for trump? He has stated some bold policies that will undoubtedly make everything more expensive.

Remember, Biden wanted to pass a much much larger spending bill that was thwarted by Manchin.

And now he wants to blame Trump.

Yellen also insisted the inflation was "transitory" at the begining of Bidens term and that it would only last a short while. How do democrats explain that and then still blame the Orange Man?

Biden has been President for 3.5 years. Biden owns all of it.

Will democrats every take responsibility for their shitty policies?

will trump's proposed policies help or make it worse?

They will 100% be better than what Biden is doing now.

Trump mandated that for any new regulation, 2 old regulations had to be removed. This stimulates the economy and allows for efficiency instead of inflation.

address the two policies that I listed. Will those hurt or help inflation and the cost of goods for the average American?

will trump's proposed policies help or make it worse?
And needless to say, whether Trumps policies will make it worse or not, Biden has had his turn to get inflation under control and he has not been able to do so. He has had 3.5 years. If they thought there was going to be inflation from Trumps previous policies they would have said so. Instead they said it was transitory.

3.5 years - Biden is a failure on the economy. Any gains in wages and investments are being offset by inflation. It's all smoke and mirrors.

The US is on an unsustainable path, yet Biden wanted to pass a much larger bill. What would inflation be if Manchin didn't stop Biden and the democrats?

Biden has had his chance and has proven incapable of bringing down inflation. We are sitting at 3.4% yoy inflation when the target is 2%. We are way off path.

You cannot answer the question I asked? It is a pretty simple question.

address the two policies that I listed. Will those hurt or help inflation and the cost of goods for the average American?

Inflation under Trump averaged 1.4% i believe and that is well under the stated goal of 2%. Obama also said that 2% growth in gdp was as good as it was going to get, yet Trump proved him wrong while keeping inflation under the stated goal.

policy #1 - food prices have already skyrocketed. That category was the highest rate of inflation in the last report.
You assume that workers will be deported in a vaccum and that no other changes will be made. How do you know he will not do something else to address the problems? He had the right mix when he was president.

Policy #2 - Again, do the tariifs happen in a vaccum or will there be other changes made? Economics does not consist of one policy in a vaccum.

We have given Biden his chance and he has failed. He is too focused on pronouns and not focused on the economy. Which may be a good thing, because his policies usually make things worse.

Inflation under Trump averaged 1.4% i believe and that is well under the stated goal of 2%. Obama also said that 2% growth in gdp was as good as it was going to get, yet Trump proved him wrong while keeping inflation under the stated goal.

policy #1 - food prices have already skyrocketed. That category was the highest rate of inflation in the last report.
You assume that workers will be deported in a vaccum and that no other changes will be made. How do you know he will not do something else to address the problems? He had the right mix when he was president.

Policy #2 - Again, do the tariifs happen in a vaccum or will there be other changes made? Economics does not consist of one policy in a vaccum.

We have given Biden his chance and he has failed. He is too focused on pronouns and not focused on the economy. Which may be a good thing, because his policies usually make things worse.

Exactly when has Trump ever had a plan that had substance and was well thought out? That dude throws shit against a wall to see what sticks to his moronic followers.

Remember Repeal and Replace? He had no idea for a replacement plan and still doesn't. He just knew demonizing Obama made his racist followers happy.

Exactly when has Trump ever had a plan that had substance and was well thought out? That dude throws shit against a wall to see what sticks to his moronic followers.

Remember Repeal and Replace? He had no idea for a replacement plan and still doesn't. He just knew demonizing Obama made his racist followers happy.
Build the wall!

Substance, well thought out, and prescient.

Im just waiting on one democrat to step up and say

"Yeah, Biden has been President for 3.5 years now. Inflation is skyrocketing, we are on the precipice of WWIII, Interest rates are climbing, housing is unaffordable, the market is selling off, we don't know who is coming into our country, we are arresting our political opposition. But you will respect fake pronouns!!!" Total shit clown show. But everyone in hear is taking the Rachel Maddow response "ornage man bad" even though the economy was humming under Trumps leadership.

Are you making up numbers or lying again?

avg inflation in trump's four years of office were 66% higher than avg inflation in Obama's last four. SO whatever trump did, it caused inflation to go UP.

Please explain what in the holy hell this comment means...
He had the right mix when he was president.

What mix? Are you claiming that farmers and food processing plants DIDN'T use undocumented labor when trump was president? If he gets rid of them all, how exactly is that going to help the price of food to go down?

Are you making up numbers or lying again?

avg inflation in trump's four years of office were 66% higher than avg inflation in Obama's last four. SO whatever trump did, it caused inflation to go UP.

Please explain what in the holy hell this comment means...
He had the right mix when he was president.

What mix? Are you claiming that farmers and food processing plants DIDN'T use undocumented labor when trump was president? If he gets rid of them all, how exactly is that going to help the price of food to go down?

Was that number under 2%?

We had very very slow growth under Obama and he was on record as stating that was as good as it was going to get. Trump pumped the economy, while holding inflation under 2%. The 2% number is set by the Fed, not the President. Trump did an excellent job with the economy.

Economics is about mixing. Guns and Butter remember? Things don't happen in a vacuum in economics.

Was that number under 2%?

We had very very slow growth under Obama and he was on record as stating that was as good as it was going to get. Trump pumped the economy, while holding inflation under 2%. The 2% number is set by the Fed, not the President. Trump did an excellent job with the economy.

Economics is about mixing. Guns and Butter remember? Things don't happen in a vacuum in economics.

You continue to so aggressively show your ignorance. It would be laughable if I didn't know you represent many many more dumbass Trump syncophants.

You are in a cult dude and he makes you even dumber.

Reactions: flotiger
Im just waiting on one democrat to step up and say

"Yeah, Biden has been President for 3.5 years now. Inflation is skyrocketing, we are on the precipice of WWIII, Interest rates are climbing, housing is unaffordable, the market is selling off, we don't know who is coming into our country, we are arresting our political opposition. But you will respect fake pronouns!!!" Total shit clown show. But everyone in hear is taking the Rachel Maddow response "ornage man bad" even though the economy was humming under Trumps leadership.

Bidens average GDP growth = 3.8%
trumps average GDP growth = 1.2%

Biden jobs added = +14.8MM
trump jobs added = -2.9MM

The most popular topic on this forum the last week has been inflation, or "bidenflation" as many of you call it. The preeminent theory on this board from the right is that the current inflation and high cost of goods are all due to the reckless spending of Joe Biden. For some reason, all of the trillions in covid checks that trump pumped into the economy had no effect on inflation, just the money that Biden signed off on. But when you look at trump's proposed policies, they are only going to make inflation much, much worse.

Note: it is important to note that when trump took office, inflation went up from levels under Obama. So assuming trump policies will just magically reduce inflation is incorrect.

Policy #1. Deport all undocumented immigrants. This will bring farming and food production (think meat processing) to a halt. Prices will skyrocket as food related businesses try and fail to staff their operations with American citizens. It is important to remember that when trump shut down the economy in 2020, even he gave undocumented workers special passes to continue working. These people - or "animals" as trump calls them - are essential to our food supply.

Policy #2. 10% Tariffs on all imported goods, 60% tariff on goods from China, and 100% tariff on all imported vehicles. This will cost the average american family $1500. As with his last round of tariffs, these costs will be passed on to the American consumer.

So I ask you, if inflation is truly a big concern of yours, how can you possibly vote for trump? He has stated some bold policies that will undoubtedly make everything more expensive.
Anyone with a worm-free brain has been shouting that interest rates needed to accurately reflect market realities since midway through the second Obama administration or it would eventually lead to sticky, difficult to manage inflationary pressures.

Guess which President spent 3.5 years of bull market leaning on the fed chair not to raise interest rates and “ruin his great economy”.

You continue to so aggressively show your ignorance. It would be laughable if I didn't know you represent many many more dumbass Trump syncophants.

You are in a cult dude and he makes you even dumber.
Coming from you, that lets me know i am on the right track. I want to go the opposite way of people supporting child mutilation.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
Coming from you, that lets me know i am on the right track. I want to go the opposite way of people supporting child mutilation.

And who supports child mutilation? You keep saying that with zero examples.of children being mutilated except for garbage from libs of toktok. Not to mention that it doesn't actually effect you at all. Why tf do you care?

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73

You lost me @ “when Trump shut down the economy in 2020”.

Reactions: Allornothing
You lost me @ “when Trump shut down the economy in 2020”.

He didnt?

urn-publicid-ap-org-6ed70e9db88b80439a087fdad8238009Virus_Outbreak_Trump_28331.jpg

You’re an honest person, whether I agree with your views, or not.

Don’t manipulate conversations to fit your view. If I need to explain this here, I’m wasting my time.
You should spend less time policing the "libs" on this board, and more time doing the same to the army of idiots who vote lockstep with you that you conveniently ignore.

It's incredibly disingenuous for you to constantly fingerwag "dems" while turning a blind eye to the bullshit that growls/fastball/augtig/etc spews on a daily basis.

You should spend less time policing the "libs" on this board, and more time doing the same to the army of idiots who vote lockstep with you that you conveniently ignore.

It's incredibly disingenuous for you to constantly fingerwag "dems" while turning a blind eye to the bullshit that growls/fastball/augtig/etc spews on a daily basis.
If not for me, the proud boys would’ve run you all off this board. I’m certain you don’t know that, but you’re welcome. If you’d be more aware, I’ve called out growls, as well as several other conservatives here many times for being extreme.

I’m probably the most courteous conservative here, but call BS out when I see it.

Btw, a fellow Democratic thinker agreed with me in what I just said to nytiger. So I’m guessing my take wasn’t too far from accurate.

If not for me, the proud boys would’ve run you all off this board. I’m certain you don’t know that, but you’re welcome. If you’d be more aware, I’ve called out growls, as well as several other conservatives here many times for being extreme.

I’m probably the most courteous conservative here, but call BS out when I see it.

Btw, a fellow Democratic thinker agreed with me in what I just said to nytiger. So I’m guessing my take wasn’t too far from accurate.
Proud boys are a bunch of pussies

I agreed, but I also pointed out that most of the libs posting these things are doing to to pick at the dumbasses like @OleFastball / @fatpiggy and @TigerGrowls who keep putting this idiotic crap out there.

Reactions: WapPride

I don't disagree with your comment either, and I must've overlooked the comments to the MAGA dullards. You've been posting with these guys long enough to know that when one of them does it, it's most likely done in mockery of Growls, etc.

You were fair in your statement. Both ways.

So, now you can answer the question I asked.

Do you support those two trump policies? Do you believe they would lower prices?

And to believe that trump had nothing to do with closing the country is just ignorant. I linked you to his official WH statement on it.

You thinking you are fair and balanced is hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: XRP589
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT