ADVERTISEMENT

RFK Would Have Won An Open Democratic Primary

Good post and I agree with most of what you said. Trump does have a core percentage of voters that will push him over the top in the nomination process … that the others do not have…. Like Bernie does.

In my earlier post though I mentioned the situation with Buttigieg… he was not a candidate that was polling badly and all of a sudden he drops out just to ‘help the cause’. He had won Iowa and finished a close second to Bernie in NH. If we are truly having a democratic process and letting the voters choose, there’s no rational reason that guy drops out other than the reasons I mentioned… that he was told to.

And don’t get me wrong … I’m glad when a moderate Dem is their nominee. I don’t want the far left lol. I don’t believe Biden is/was far left, I believe he was a clever enough of a politician to know that the Dem party has moved much farther left and he had to acquiesce to those people. I’m not sure the % of the party that is far left… I believe it may be higher now than the number you gave, but that’s my opinion.
With Pete, he dropped out after losing to Sanders in Nevada and getting absolutely crushed in SC to Biden, which is often an indicator for the Democratic primary. He was also polling around 10 or 11%. So disagree with your characterization there. But I do agree that you see people drop out early, but I just think it can happen for non-nefarious back room deal type things (like trying to consolidate the moderate vote). Don't read that I think all is hunky dory and clean in politics though to be fair. I'm sure backroom deals happen.

And I really don't know the % of the party that is far left, but I do know that on both sides, the fringe are the loudest, which makes it seem like the far left or far right are a larger percentage than they actually are. They are also the easiest to run against, so the other side likes to amplify it (again, both sides). Easier to run against the Green New Deal and Gun confiscation than common sense don't pollute and dump toxic waste and common sense gun law.

Reactions: Dmk
I disagree with many of you.

I think RFK wins an open primary.
1) He is a moderate
2) The Name
3) Skilled Litigator

Momentum switches quickly in open primaries. Look at the Republican primary from 2016 when Trump came to power. If I recall, a Bush was in the primary and heavily favored, but it was Trumps ideas that people liked.

I think people would prefer Kennedy over Bidenomjcs. Bidenomics was so bad they made Joe quit.

I think RFK wins an open Democratic primary. But we will never know because Kamala was selected by the democratic elite.

Bro. This is a laughable assertion.

Reactions: Dungeon09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT