ADVERTISEMENT

Roe V Wade is about to be overturned

If this holds true, it is among the best news I have heard in my lifetime.

How a draft of a Supreme Court opinion got leaked, is a huge issue though.
Regardless of where you stand on the issue. This was clearly an invented "right" not held in the constitution. Further, it does not outlaw abortions, it simply puts the matter in the hands of the states.
The most applicable statement in the portion of the supposed draft, imo, is that how decisions will be perceived and/or what impact they may have is not relevant in deciding if something is constitutional or not. Something is either constitutional or not based on the constitution alone. The impact of the decision, whether it be good or bad, is in no way relevant or should be considered. Congress has the power to change and amend the constitution. If we find there is something so egregiously wrong (like slavery, women's right to vote, etc) then certainly most Americans will agree and can get an amendment passed.

Regardless of where you stand on the issue. This was clearly an invented "right" not held in the constitution. Further, it does not outlaw abortions, it simply puts the matter in the hands of the states.
The most applicable statement in the portion of the supposed draft, imo, is that how decisions will be perceived and/or what impact they may have is not relevant in deciding if something is constitutional or not. Something is either constitutional or not based on the constitution alone. The impact of the decision, whether it be good or bad, is in no way relevant or should be considered. Congress has the power to change and amend the constitution. If we find there is something so egregiously wrong (like slavery, women's right to vote, etc) then certainly most Americans will agree and can get an amendment passed.
Clearly an invented right. What the fvck does that even mean? All rights are invented, we live in a human built society of our liking.

Clearly an invented right. What the fvck does that even mean? All rights are invented, we live in a human built society of our liking.
It means it was not a specifically granted right in the constitution, or one that could have been perceived to be one referenced in the language of the constitution based on the ideas/notions at the time it was written.

It means it was not a specifically granted right in the constitution, or one that could have been perceived to be one referenced in the language of the constitution based on the ideas/notions at the time it was written.

Please forgive me for being nitpicky but this is important. The Constitution does not grant rights. It protects rights which are God given. The right to an abortion is not a protected right in this country. It is something that should have always remained with the states.

Besides, the only hope we have of remaining a nation is going to be through Federalist policies that allow States and the people who live there to determine how things will run. That will require a greatly minimalized central government which would be a great thing for everybody. There is far too much power that resides in Washington DC and its surrounding area.

Right and its a living document. The Senate should have long ago passed teh law to protect abortion rights, it never happened thanks to Jimmy Carter and the rise of evangelism in this country.
People will not understand the backlash imo of this type of ruling for 10 years. Of course by then there will probably be worse things to deal with.

Please forgive me for being nitpicky but this is important. The Constitution does not grant rights. It protects rights which are God given. The right to an abortion is not a protected right in this country. It is something that should have always remained with the states.

Besides, the only hope we have of remaining a nation is going to be through Federalist policies that allow States and the people who live there to determine how things will run. That will require a greatly minimalized central government which would be a great thing for everybody. There is far too much power that resides in Washington DC and its surrounding area.
Yep.
that power

I expect they will be giving all that up by Thanksgiving.

I should have specified that I was including the amendments. I agree with you though. States were not meant to be uniform copies of one another. That is precisely why we were set up as united (but separate) states and why all power not explicitly granted to the federal govt was, by default, granted to the states. That way people who wanted to live with like minded people could do so in different sates. If you don't like the laws in Washington state, you can move to Alabama if it suites you better. Somewhere along the way we have moved toward the notion that we should all agree to live exactly the same way, which is not going to work.
We are not supposed to exactly like either, but we are supposed to be more like the EU than the USSR.

Right and its a living document. The Senate should have long ago passed teh law to protect abortion rights, it never happened thanks to Jimmy Carter and the rise of evangelism in this country.
People will not understand the backlash imo of this type of ruling for 10 years. Of course by then there will probably be worse things to deal with.
I may not agree with the living document depending on your definition. Certainly there are things/issues the founding fathers could not have perceived at the time that could not have been specifically addressed. I do agree, however, that it was the responsibility of congress pass abortion(or any other) law. The fact they have/did not in no way gives that authority/responsibility to Scotus, though.

Planned leak by the liberal left. Their backs are against the wall and they know it. I pray that the SCOTUS will stand firm.
Lets see if all the information outlets that justify banning information if it was "hacked/stolen/etc" run with this. Certainly it qualifies under the disinformation czar's own words of being of "illicit provenance". You know Alito did not grant access to it. My bet is the hypocrisy of the left will continue.

Lets see if all the information outlets that justify banning information if it was "hacked/stolen/etc" run with this. Certainly it qualifies under the disinformation czar's own words of being of "illicit provenance". You know Alito did not grant access to it. My bet is the hypocrisy of the left will continue.
All over social media , regular media etc this AM.......twitter blasting it out almost every third tweet.

It is not a living document. It like every other document says what it says. It does provide an avenue to change things if they need changing. It is through an Amendment process not through the courts.

If this is indeed the decision of the court, then it is a great decision for two reason. First and foremost for the number of unborn lives it will likely save and second because it is a return to what the court is supposed to be.

Last edited:
Yep, this ^^^. with the mere hope that we see civil unrest in the streets, much like 2020 to influence the ruling of law. Dirty tactic

it is a dirty tactic. It would be even dirtier if they held a rally near the Supreme Court, and said things like “if you don’t fight like hell you are not going to have a country anymore. Now let’s March for to the Supreme Court together.” And then they could assault officers with biden flags. That would be really, really dirty.

it is a dirty tactic. It would be even dirtier if they held a rally near the Supreme Court, and said things like “if you don’t fight like hell you are not going to have a country anymore. Now let’s March for to the Supreme Court together.” And then they could assault officers with biden flags. That would be really, really dirty.
"Arguing with liberals is like arguing with your wife........no matter how wrong they are, it's still your fault." best quote I've seen on Twitter in a while.

It is not a living document. I like every other document says what it says. It does provide an avenue to change things if they need changing. It is through an Amendment process not through the courts.

If this is indeed the decision of the court, then it is a great decision for two reason. First and foremost for the number of unborn lives it will likely save and second because it is a return to what the court is supposed to be.
Wait until you see the burden of all these unwanted pregnancies. It’s going to be hilarious in 20 years when everyone is complaining that we’re in idiocracy. And it will start with the conservatives complaining the loudest because they’re too stupid to understand the weight of this decision.

Wait until you see the burden of all these unwanted pregnancies. It’s going to be hilarious in 20 years when everyone is complaining that we’re in idiocracy. And it will start with the conservatives complaining the loudest because they’re too stupid to understand the weight of this decision.
There is a better way than killing babies.

This will have a couple of consequences, one being that the number of children in foster care is going to explode in the next 10 years, as will the number of children entering the public school system, as will children living in poverty, as will children who need better access to health care….you know, all the things that the “pro life” crowd doesn’t care about at all and will refuse to increase funding for.

Secondly, it’s going to only increase the migration into the hive mind. Blue states will become bluer, red states will become redder. Will be fascinating to see what this means for congressional districts and electoral college votes as more and more people move places that fit their personal political beliefs.

Wild to me that the crowd that so often espouses “religious freedom” is now celebrating the stripping of a rather significant freedom from women, based mostly on the belief in an archaic religion. My ”religious freedom” should mean that the laws that govern me shouldn’t be based on religious nonsense.

Court frothing at the mouth to overturn gay marriage rights as well…yet another “freedom” that the religious are dying to piss all over.

"Arguing with liberals is like arguing with your wife........no matter how wrong they are, it's still your fault." best quote I've seen on Twitter in a while.

Here is the best quote I have seen in a while, by the late, great George Carlin.

“Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ****ed.”​

This will have a couple of consequences, one being that the number of children in foster care is going to explode in the next 10 years, as will the number of children entering the public school system, as will children living in poverty, as will children who need better access to health care….you know, all the things that the “pro life” crowd doesn’t care about at all and will refuse to increase funding for.

Secondly, it’s going to only increase the migration into the hive mind. Blue states will become bluer, red states will become redder. Will be fascinating to see what this means for congressional districts and electoral college votes as more and more people move places that fit their personal political beliefs.

Wild to me that the crowd that so often espouses “religious freedom” is now celebrating the stripping of a rather significant freedom from women, based mostly on the belief in an archaic religion. My ”religious freedom” should mean that the laws that govern me shouldn’t be based on religious nonsense.

Court frothing at the mouth to overturn gay marriage rights as well…yet another “freedom” that the religious are dying to piss all over.

Yes. And freakonomics showed that Roe v Wade was primarily responsible for the drop in the crime rate for the last 40 years. It is going to be a shitshow of crime in these southern states in the next 20 years. And of course, like they do now, they will have their hands out to get NY and California to help them pay their bills.

Yes. And freakonomics showed that Roe v Wade was primarily responsible for the drop in the crime rate for the last 40 years. It is going to be a shitshow of crime in these southern states in the next 20 years. And of course, like they do now, they will have their hands out to get NY and California to help them pay their bills.
End entitlements!

but also, let’s dramatically increase the number of children living in poverty who need entitlements to survive!

Here is the best quote I have seen in a while, by the late, great George Carlin.

“Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're ****ed.”​

he also said

“The habits of liberals, their automatic language, their knee-jerk responses to certain issues, deserved the epithets the right wing stuck them with. I'd see how true they often were. Here they were, banding together in packs, so I could predict what they were going to say about some event or conflict and it wasn't even out of their mouths yet. I was very uncomfortable with that. Liberal orthodoxy was as repugnant to me as conservative orthodoxy"​

Just for the record I LOVE .... LOVE .... LOVE George Carlin. In my mind he is much more than a comedian, he is the greatest philosopher of the modern era. We need more Carlins, Chapelles, and Burrs ...... people who unapologetically call ALL people out on their bullshit.

as far as the topic at hand ... personally, Im pro-life, and if a young woman asked my opinion on what she should do I'd say "I dont have a uterus ... here is my wife's number give her a call"

he also said

“The habits of liberals, their automatic language, their knee-jerk responses to certain issues, deserved the epithets the right wing stuck them with. I'd see how true they often were. Here they were, banding together in packs, so I could predict what they were going to say about some event or conflict and it wasn't even out of their mouths yet. I was very uncomfortable with that. Liberal orthodoxy was as repugnant to me as conservative orthodoxy"​

Just for the record I LOVE .... LOVE .... LOVE George Carlin. In my mind he is much more than a comedian, he is the greatest philosopher of the modern era. We need more Carlins, Chapelles, and Burrs ...... people who unapologetically call ALL people out on their bullshit.

as far as the topic at hand ... personally, Im pro-life, and if a young woman asked my opinion on what she should do I'd say "I dont have a uterus ... here is my wife's number give her a call"

I don't think what we are saying is a knee jerk response at all. Seriously, go read Freakonomics if you have not. The states that outlaw abortion are going to be inundated with crime in about 15 to 20 years. Especially since these states want to offer very little assistance to the poor (see not accepting Medicaid expansion). It's going to be a rough time.

Reactions: Clemson_Titan
Stupid post. Abortion is still legal, and will be, in many states. But hey, beat the fear drum. Creating a crisis that isn't real is what dems do best. I'm sure the DNC is hard at work relating unwanted pregnancies to climate change.

Beside, who will notice the burden of all these unwanted pregnancies given all the illegal immigrants who have stormed our borders looking for handouts.

Killing isn't a freedom. And the crime of killing isn't formulated based on a religious principal.

Overturning Roe V Wade doesn't mean abortion is illegal. Saying so is ignorant to the facts. All it does it push the decision to the states to decide their laws. Just like each state has different interpretations of how legislation shapes murder, divorce, business, and tax law. Don't like the laws in the state you live in? It's your freedom to move.

Stupid post. Abortion is still legal, and will be, in many states. But hey, beat the fear drum. Creating a crisis that isn't real is what dems do best. I'm sure the DNC is hard at work relating unwanted pregnancies to climate change.

Beside, who will notice the burden of all these unwanted pregnancies given all the illegal immigrants who have stormed our borders looking for handouts.

Creating a crisis that isn't real is what dems do best.

The dems? yikes, look in the mirror pal.

I don't think what we are saying is a knee jerk response at all. Seriously, go read Freakonomics if you have not. The states that outlaw abortion are going to be inundated with crime in about 15 to 20 years. Especially since these states want to offer very little assistance to the poor (see not accepting Medicaid expansion). It's going to be a rough time.
My comment was more about Carlin, and even though he identified as Liberal ... he had just as much disdain for liberal talking points as he did conservative .... but .....

The "poor" (weve already went 10 rounds on what "poor" means in the US, at the macro level) are disproportionally from communities of color, minorities. Soooooo essentially youre implying that POC/minorities commit more crimes? I dont know bro .... sounds kind of racist to me.

;)

I know right? A 16 year old who was raped by her dad can STILL pay for a flight, meals and lodging to go get an abortion somewhere else. Duh

((sarcasm))

Last edited:
And a person who saves this country (or world) could be born from this. Let God, play the role of God.

Killing isn't a freedom. And the crime of killing isn't formulated based on a religious principal.

Overturning Roe V Wade doesn't mean abortion is illegal. Saying so is ignorant to the facts. All it does it push the decision to the states to decide their laws. Just like each state has different interpretations of how legislation shapes murder, divorce, business, and tax law. Don't like the laws in the state you live in? It's your freedom to move.
Show me the birth certificate. Wait just a minute it’s not called a conception certificate? Why is that?

Reactions: Clemson_Titan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT