ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Desantis - Presidential Candidate

OleFastball

The Mariana Trench
Jun 8, 2021
Desantis to announce his intention to run for President on a spaces event with Elon Musk at 6pm tonight.

Fw2km9YXoAATeYL

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Yeah.... Your boy Elon sure showed out didn't he? Spaces was a complete and total flop.

The 15 minute delay was a blemish and a bit embarrassing. I think most people will understand that its a newish technology and that there may be some bugs. Problems to due overwhelming demand are usually good problems to have.

Was in the car and had a chance to listen to the whole thing. A couple of observations

1) "Twitter was expensive but free speech is priceless" - Elon Musk

2) It started off with a canned speech by Ron Desantis which i kind of didn't like. I liked the speech itself, but I was hoping for a more conversation style interview. However, after the initial speech it did turn into a little bit more convseration but you could tell some, but not all, of the questions were scripted.

3) Desantis seems really polished. I could easily vote for him. He handled all the questions smoothly and I agreed with all his takes on policy.

4) There are no banned books in Florida. Anyone saying as much is a groomer.

5) All presidential candidates are welcome on Spaces.

Last edited:
The 15 minute delay was a blemish and a bit embarrassing. I think most people will understand that its a newish technology and that there may be some bugs. Problems to due overwhelming demand are usually good problems to have.

Was in the car and had a chance to listen to the whole thing. A couple of observations

1) "Twitter was expensive but free speech is priceless" - Elon Musk

2) It started off with a canned speech by Ron Desantis which i kind of didn't like. I liked the speech itself, but I was hoping for a more conversation style interview. However, after the initial speech it did turn into a little bit more convseration but you could tell some, but not all, of the questions were scripted.

3) Desantis seems really polished. I could easily vote for him. He handled all the questions smoothly and I agreed with all his takes on policy.

4) There are no banned books in Florida. Anyone saying as much is a groomer.

How do you say there are no banned books, when they are removing books from libraries? And Groomer?

How do you say there are no banned books, when they are removing books from libraries? And Groomer?
They are removing age inappropriate books from the school library. They are free to seek those books outside of the school setting. That is not a ban on books in Florida, therefore, no ban.

You can argue about what books should and should not be allowed in age appropriate settings, but you can't say that any books are banned.

They are removing age inappropriate books from the school library. They are free to seek those books outside of the school setting. That is not a ban on books in Florida, therefore, no ban.

You can argue about what books should and should not be allowed in age appropriate settings, but you can't say that any books are banned.

Are you seriously trying to make that argument?

I frankly haven’t followed the book stuff that closely, but this sounds closer to accurate than the Fahrenheit 451esq portrayal from the libs.

Reactions: OleFastball
It's just not worth my effort if you are not going to be serious. If the state is saying books are not allowed, that's a ban.
Lets try it out.

You list the banned book and lets see if we can buy it in Florida. If we can get the book purchased in or delivered to Florida then you agree there is no ban.

If we can not get the book purchased in or delivered to Florida I will agree that there is a ban on that book and that Desantis is banning books.

Deal?

Now, you start by naming the banned book. I'll pay for the book and shipping costs.

Lets try it out.

You list the banned book and lets see if we can buy it in Florida. If we can get the book purchased in or delivered to Florida then you agree there is no ban.

If we can not get the book purchased in or delivered to Florida I will agree that there is a ban on that book and that Desantis is banning books.

Deal?

Now, you start by naming the banned book. I'll pay for the book and shipping costs.

Yeah. You aren't exactly trustworthy when it comes to holding up your end of deals...

@yoshi121374

You can even use google to find the banned books. It's a simple search on a hot topic so it shouldn't be hard to find. We are waiting .......

You can't help being obnoxious can you? If a book is removed from a library and is not being allowed to be read, that's a ban. Not going to have a long running discussion about this.

That is not a ban.

Is not allowing children to purchase alcohol also considered a ban on alcohol? No, it's not. Alcohol is inappropriate for children but no one claims there is a ban on alcohol.

If you are advocating for inappropriate books to be in elementary and middle school libraries ..... that is the definition of a groomer.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerGrowls
I see the dullards have received their marching orders
Name a banned book and lets see if we can order it to Florida. There is a very simple way to settle this debate. No one is naming a banned book to try and purchase. I'm waiting.

I am glad that we have established Ron Desantis has not banned any books like stated in my original post.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT