ADVERTISEMENT

Roundtable here we come wtf is this

"Lavender Place will be the 18th living, learning community at Clemson. Other living, learning communities on-campus include those for students in ROTC, business majors, and CONNECTIONS, which is for students of color, according to Clemson's website."

Not seeing the issue.

"Lavender Place will be the 18th living, learning community at Clemson. Other living, learning communities on-campus include those for students in ROTC, business majors, and CONNECTIONS, which is for students of color, according to Clemson's website."

Not seeing the issue.
Seems like a lot of accomodations and segregation for a small group.

Are the other dorms co-ed? If not, that would be discriminatory. It seems like most students would like to have a roommate they were sexually attracted to.

What’s the problem?

It's the hypocrisy. I worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA Hospital). The VA Hospital had a chapel where all religions could worship, although there was increasing pressure to minimize this, especially the christian worship part. But upstairs on one of the wings (floors) of the hospital, the set up a special room for Muslims to go worship for the daily prayers. It faced the east, and their were special mats on the floor for the Muslims to worship. Yet, they came down with with a directive that the hospital could no longer decorate the floors (wards) with Christmas decorations. It was this type of hypocrisy that we had to deal with.

The year that I retired, I have to tell my men that we had to go to a mandatory LBGTQ training. They had a lady who was a hospital employee, who had been married, and had children, who decided to become a man. She gave this training with the hospital EEO representative there who could take notes and write down people's names who did not agreeable comply with the training.

The first thing the lady (now man) told us, that we had to forget all that we learned in school about pronouns (i.e., he, she, him, her, it, etc.) because you had to address the LBGTQ person by the pronoun that THEY chose to go by. We, since I was retiring in a couple of months, I decided to speak up because everyone else was afraid to say anything. I said, how can you stand there and say that we had to forget what we learned in school about pronouns, and now must follow the LBGTQ guidelines? And I said to ber (him), how can you expect me (or others) who knew you, and did work in your area, to immediately comply with now referring to you as he or him?

Needless to say, many did not like this training, and the fact that the US Government had sold their soul to such idiocy.

Last edited:
Wow. The world we live in today says everyone is supposed to accept this as perfectly normal.

whats not normal about a group of students who share a particular experience wanting to live together? article says there are 18 other such spaces. thats pretty much the definition of normal. can't handle LGBTQ+ folks having the same opportunity to live in a place with lots of folks with shared experiences as ROTC members, or business majors?

It's strange. Tons of people seem to see this but the people cheering for it don't. Blows my mind.
I’m not cheering it, but as long as there is other “special interest” housing, and I’m assuming an application/review process, you have to allow it.

Besides, it’s not “segregation,” it’s self imposed isolation. The same as Zetas not living with Deltas (or whatever sororities are living on campus).

I’m not cheering it, but as long as there is other “special interest” housing, and I’m assuming an application/review process, you have to allow it.

Besides, it’s not “segregation,” it’s self imposed isolation. The same as Zetas not living with Deltas (or whatever sororities are living on campus).
People get uncomfortable because they don't understand and automatically cast a negative opinion. I think that is the human condition.

Reactions: fcctiger12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT