ADVERTISEMENT

Saudi Oil - Green Energy?

PawJourney

The Milwaukee Deep
Gold Member
Apr 30, 2019
Biden shut down sources of USA oil production under the auspices of the Green New Deal. Fossil fuel is bad. ⛽️ Given that, why is Biden is the Middle East oil cartel stumping for their fossil fuel? What technology do the Saudis use to make their fossil fuel "Green"?

Policies have consequences. Gas prices are up because Biden shut down domestic sources. Now pollution will resume at higher prices from foreign sources. Americans are the big losers. How do the Democrats defend this strategy? Very curious.

Biden shut down sources of USA oil production under the auspices of the Green New Deal. Fossil fuel is bad. ⛽️ Given that, why is Biden is the Middle East oil cartel stumping for their fossil fuel? What technology do the Saudis use to make their fossil fuel "Green"?

Policies have consequences. Gas prices are up because Biden shut down domestic sources. Now pollution will resume at higher prices from foreign sources. Americans are the big losers. How do the Democrats defend this strategy? Very curious.

They defend like they always do. They will make up excuse after excuse, accept no responsibility, and tell you to look at the dancing monkey over there in the corner.

Bottom line is that gas prices have gone up drastically due to the Biden administrations (he can't put any of his own thoughts together) policies under the guise of Climate change. The policies are disastrous for the American people and its reflected in their wallets and purchasing power.

Last edited:
The rest of the world is full throttle on carbon based oil coal etc and the US government at the top is talking solar cells and windmills

I used to think there were smart people in America

I now realize foreign actors and elitist. Control our government through the media and bought politicians like the Democrats and Biden administration

The American people need to wake up from the lunacy and throw the bums out

The green new deal hasn't been passed, isn't law, and isn't even a real bill. Plus, Biden has repeatedly said he doesn't believe in it.

So, you've entirely ruined your credibility by posting nonsense.

Nevermind that we still pay among the lowest gas prices on the planet, and prices are up everywhere. Is it your argument that Biden is responsible for gas prices going up around the world?

But, elections also have consequences. Democrats believe, generally, in transitioning away from fossil fuels. Don't like it? Beat us in 2022 and 2024.

Y'all need to stop being little bitches.

The green new deal hasn't been passed, isn't law, and isn't even a real bill. Plus, Biden has repeatedly said he doesn't believe in it.

Nevermind that we still pay among the lowest gas prices on the planet, and prices are up everywhere. Is it your argument that Biden is responsible for gas prices going up around the world?

But, elections also have consequences. Democrats believe, generally, in transitioning away from fossil fuels. Don't like it? Beat us in 2022 and 2024.

Filling up my tank is no big deal to me.

I feel sorry for the hard working people out there, who are doing everything they can to feed their families, while having to pay these costs to simply get around. I’m sure those single mom “bitches” don’t mind breaking the bank at Quik Trip.

And Dems claim to care about the little guy.

Filling up my tank is no big deal to me.

I feel sorry for the hard working people out there, who are doing everything they can to feed their families, while having to pay these costs to simply get around. I’m sure those single mom “bitches” don’t mind breaking the bank at Quik Trip.

And Dems claim to care about the little guy.

Neither national political party gives a **** about "the little guy".

I do recall one party not creating $5-$6/gallon fuel.

And… isn’t caring about the little guy in Scranton the dem platform?

I hear ya man. You can't possibly entertain critical thoughts about your own tribe. You just can't process it.

So I suppose I'll just repeat myself.

Neither national political party gives a shit about "the little guy". And they won't until money doesn't drive elections.

Reactions: flotiger
I hear ya man. You can't possibly entertain critical thoughts about your own tribe. You just can't process it.

Neither national political party gives a shit about "the little guy". And they won't until money doesn't drive elections.
They’re all the same, I agree. If you think I’m going to defend lifelong pubs politicians, you’d be mistaken.

but.. I remember $2/gallon fuel not long ago.

I for one agree with you on elections have consequences

Looking forward to the Red Wave and believe it or not keeping Biden in power under the thumb of the Conservative majority

Also maybe in 24 if conservatives sweep into power then there can be like 7 or 8 conservative Constitutionalist Jurist on the court or new appointed

I also agree that we should transition away from fossil fuels over the next Century to a Nuclear and Hydrogen fuel cell based economy

We are probably needing 1000 modular nuclear reactors at this very moment

Think that a nuclear air craft carrier has a small city so yes small reactors are possible

i like the solar and wind as what could be called botique or special application sources of power

I cannot imagine under any circumstances of supporting our population under any scenario

It is simply not possible with todays technology but may be in 200 years

I speak from experience as I have worked with numerous sources of power generation

Fossil fuels will play a part in our energy production for at least another 100 if not 150 years

I will encourage you to practice what you preach

Please lead by example and shut down on your personal life all uses of fossil fuel energy and also oil based products

I throw down the gauntlet

You do it for the next five years and show me how to do it

After you have demonstrated how it is done for 5 years by you personally I will gladly follow your lead

In the meantime in my life I am going to enjoy many sources of oil and carbon based products and energy

For now I plan to be a glutton for oil and in 5 years we can compare who did the better job

So shut it down today and get that buggy and horse and move in with the Amish

Enjoy the heating with dried dung for fertilizer instead of oil based

But be careful as they use kerosene in lamps so candles and oak wood it will be

Good luck on the Quest Don Quioxte wannabe

There is truth in your post so don’t think I am all against anything you say

I keep an open mind subject to change based on information as I receive it

I support smaller national government except on issues of national defense

That for example is why I support overturning RoeVWade

I am OK with any reasonable laws supporting abortion and not a solid all pro life with no exceptions

I just think states need to have the rights per the Constitution

Reactions: OleFastball

Because they have never seen a lie that they didn't like would be my answer. They find enjoyment in making people suffer the prices when we all know this started on the very first day of work with an EO shutting down the pipeline. Then later more damage was inflicted when they shut off drilling on Federal lands/ANWR.

Not to mention putting all the new regs/restrictions they have put on gas/fracking/natural gas/coal. You think any of the oil producers are going to spend BILLIONS on exploration/drilling when they know that all of a sudden this admin could just take other steps to limit them making a profit? Fat chance IMO.

**Edited to add, that at least Texas and California are already learning the effects of going "greener" with black/brown outs. Apparently, TESLA owners in Texas received a message to refrain from charging their cars between 3pm-8pm. That oughta great for folks.

Last edited:

No, it hasn't been passed, but Biden's narrative relates to shutting down domestic oil production because of the need to transition away from fossil fuel. Okay, that is in line with Biden and the Democrats' approach to energy consumption.

I asked a simple question which you didn't answer. If Biden is trying to buy that same product from Saudi Arabi, is there something the Saudis do to convert fossil fuels to green energy?? If so, hopefully the USA can use that technology domestically and reopen our doors again for energy independence.

PS - Calling names (aka "little bitches") is the first indication that one cannot provide an answer to the question presented because there likely isn't one that reconciles this inconsistency. Feel free to enlighten with a response to the question.

Looking forward to the Red Wave and believe it or not keeping Biden in power under the thumb of the Conservative majority

Also maybe in 24 if conservatives sweep into power then there can be like 7 or 8 conservative Constitutionalist Jurist on the court or new appointed

I also agree that we should transition away from fossil fuels over the next Century to a Nuclear and Hydrogen fuel cell based economy

Think that a nuclear air craft carrier has a small city so yes small reactors are possible

i like the solar and wind as what could be called botique or special application sources of power

I cannot imagine under any circumstances of supporting our population under any scenario

I speak from experience as I have worked with numerous sources of power generation

Fossil fuels will play a part in our energy production for at least another 100 if not 150 years

Please lead by example and shut down on your personal life all uses of fossil fuel energy and also oil based products

After you have demonstrated how it is done for 5 years by you personally I will gladly follow your lead

In the meantime in my life I am going to enjoy many sources of oil and carbon based products and energy

For now I plan to be a glutton for oil and in 5 years we can compare who did the better job

The "Greenies" also ALWAYS forget all the other products that are made from petro. I'll bet you take away their North Face ski jacket, there is going to be big problems.

Also, try and build a big wind farm right by Nantucket--that sh-t ain't gonna happen. Start making Green Czar John Kerry (I served in Vietnam) and Nancy Pelosi start flying commercial--that sh-t ain't gonna happen. And what about the freakin' birds. No one on the planet cares more about animals than LIBS so what about the freakin' birds. They care more about animals than they do babies--just ask them, they will tell you.

We as the American people should all care about the environment, but not kill ourselves in the process.

I'd be willing to bet 25% of libs or less actually practice what they preach. The rest want others to follow laws/policies that they will not. A bunch of phonies.

Such a beautiful post. 😍

There is truth in your post so don’t think I am all against anything you say

I keep an open mind subject to change based on information as I receive it

I support smaller national government except on issues of national defense

That for example is why I support overturning RoeVWade

I am OK with any reasonable laws supporting abortion and not a solid all pro life with no exceptions

I just think states need to have the rights per the Constitution
Think you'd have my vote if you ran for office.

No, it hasn't been passed, but Biden's narrative relates to shutting down domestic oil production because of the need to transition away from fossil fuel. Okay, that is in line with Biden and the Democrats' approach to energy consumption.

I asked a simple question which you didn't answer. If Biden is trying to buy that same product from Saudi Arabi, is there something the Saudis do to convert fossil fuels to green energy?? If so, hopefully the USA can use that technology domestically and reopen our doors again for energy independence.

PS - Calling names (aka "little bitches") is the first indication that one cannot provide an answer to the question presented because there likely isn't one that reconciles this inconsistency. Feel free to enlighten with a response to the question.
The "goal" is NOT to make us greener. It never was. It is about making the middle class poor so there will be the Elite/Political class and the freakin' surfs who work as their slaves.

Case in point, former VP Al Gore who owns one of the not the biggest homes in Tennessee and probably burns more energy than any other family. I guess he's exempt though since he invented the internet.

The oceans are rising but we have a former pres that bought a multi million dollar home right next to the freakin' ocean. That's just 2 examples. There are many.

Also, it not about true science. In the 70's it was known as global cooling-we were preparing another ice age. Temps started rising so they changed the narrative to global warming and the ozone layer. Then when people started finding out temps were not rising at the rates they changed the narrative again to climate change. That way no matter what happens (it gets cold/it gets hot) it's climate change. Not to mention a big percentage of the "scientist" who promote this crap, get money from the gov't to provide "data" that shows this a global emergency.

This whole thing is bullsh!t. It always has been. Rob from the poor and give to the rich.

Because they have never seen a lie that they didn't like would be my answer. They find enjoyment in making people suffer the prices when we all know this started on the very first day of work with an EO shutting down the pipeline. Then later more damage was inflicted when they shut off drilling on Federal lands/ANWR.

Not to mention putting all the new regs/restrictions they have put on gas/fracking/natural gas/coal. You think any of the oil producers are going to spend BILLIONS on exploration/drilling when they know that all of a sudden this admin could just take other steps to limit them making a profit? Fat chance IMO.

**Edited to add, that at least Texas and California are already learning the effects of going "greener" with black/brown outs. Apparently, TESLA owners in Texas received a message to refrain from charging their cars between 3pm-8pm. That oughta great for folks.

Goes beyond car charging. Frankly, power outages in states with soaring temperatures can result in human death. Just the price we have to pay if we go fully electric.

"100m Americans are at risk of blackouts this summer as heat and drought strain power grid | Daily Mail Online" https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ts-summer-heat-drought-strain-power-grid.html

we're the #1 producer of oil in the world right now, and have been since 2021.

Reactions: dpic73 and flotiger
we're the #1 producer of oil in the world right now, and have been since 2021.
Guess Biden really has dementia to forget that and head oversees to buy oil from the Saudis. He also was slow on shutting down on Russia. Thanks for giving an option!

@iceheart08 Just checking the thread for an answer if the Saudis have a green answer to fossil fuel so the USA can import the idea and buy our fossil fuel locally. Makes little sense to buy it from an oppressive regime and have to pay import costs.

@iceheart08 Just checking the thread for an answer if the Saudis have a green answer to fossil fuel so the USA can import the idea and buy our fossil fuel locally. Makes little sense to buy it from an oppressive regime and have to pay import costs.
Maybe you should go learn some facts and then come back when you know something, rather than spouting nonsense that shows your ignorance.

Reactions: WapPride
Also, it not about true science. In the 70's it was known as global cooling-we were preparing another ice age. Temps started rising so they changed the narrative to global warming and the ozone layer. Then when people started finding out temps were not rising at the rates they changed the narrative again to climate change. That way no matter what happens (it gets cold/it gets hot) it's climate change.

You didn't need to use this many words to share that you don't understand how science works.

293107200_2992249910929818_8521333616078597099_n.jpg

Guess Biden really has dementia to forget that and head oversees to buy oil from the Saudis. He also was slow on shutting down on Russia. Thanks for giving an option!
He was there to encourage them to increase their output to help with the global supply, not to buy it.

Reactions: WapPride
it's not a factor of the US buying SA oil - considering about 4-5% of all oil we import comes from SA and has been that way for a decade +. they need to get back to pre-covid levels of production so the global supply of oil is back to where it used to be.

Reactions: dpic73
We need to transition away from fossil fuels. My issue is to do that we need to first put a plan in place that will realistically get us there while still having the power grid to meet our needs whether it be for electric vehicles or something else. That is going to be a gradual process that will include utilization of our fossil fuel resources here in the United States.

That is not in place right now and the fact that the current administration keeps suggesting that people will need to just buy electric cars is so ridiculous because our power grid would collapse if we did that. There's just not a lot of planning or realism involved with anything that goes on. Both sides have no real clue about what we need to do moving forward and the reality is we need an agreed upon strategy that both sides will adhere to in order to make true progress.

Please seek help at Charter Medical as soon as possible. I’ll pay for it if you can’t but you need help now.

I use the metaphor of vine swinging in the jungles

When monkeys travel from vine to vine they don’t let go of the vine they are on until they firmly have the next vine in their open hand and firmly gripped

You would hope we would be as smart as monkeys and replicate that with having green energy firmly operational before letting go of the. Oil and carbon energy model

Folks we are not Tarzan who gets a good head of swing and let’s go and catches the next one in mid air

I will bet anyone on here that revolutionary change to green energy instead of evolutionary change will not work and oil based will be another 200 years as we make the changes to green but not in a few generations but over many

Think advanced nuclear and hydrogen based with oil playing a role for 1000’s more years

there is no choice based on present technology

No serious people, and nobody in Congress, is advocating that we all of a sudden turn off all the god damn fossil fuel production. Literally everyone who has thought about this for even a second understands we cant do that. Not aoc, not warren, not biden, not Bernie. Literally nobody is arguing we turn it all off on a dime.

Reactions: WapPride and dpic73
No serious people, and nobody in Congress, is advocating that we all of a sudden turn off all the god damn fossil fuel production. Literally everyone who has thought about this for even a second understands we cant do that. Not aoc, not warren, not biden, not Bernie. Literally nobody is arguing we turn it all off on a dime.

Yet somehow we are running a deficit levels and with skyrocketing costs. You can take your position but you can't explain away what's going on without acknowledging that we are not harvesting our resources in the way we need to. We also have no plan and all these Democrat run states that are passing laws that cars have to be all electric by x date don't have a plan either. It's not as absurd as some people make it but you do need to acknowledge that there needs to be a plan in place and there isn't one right now.

Yet somehow we are running a deficit levels and with skyrocketing costs. You can take your position but you can't explain away what's going on without acknowledging that we are not harvesting our resources in the way we need to. We also have no plan and all these Democrat run states that are passing laws that cars have to be all electric by x date don't have a plan either. It's not as absurd as some people make it but you do need to acknowledge that there needs to be a plan in place and there isn't one right now.
Seems like you're not taking into account that the administration is taking big steps to address the future of the EV industry. Maybe it's not the fully fledged plan that you imagine, but to say they are doing no planning is disingenuous. But do you really think Republicans would sign off on a a more detailed plan?

"President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law includes a total of $7.5 billion to build out a nationwide network of 500,000 electric vehicle chargers.

The toolkit contains best practices for planning EV charging networks and tips to navigate federal funding and financing to help make these projects a reality. DOT will also be holding workshops with rural communities to utilize the toolkit most effectively.

This toolkit is being released in anticipation of the distribution of $7 billion in funds to accelerate the deployment of a national electric vehicle charging network from the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. Of these funds, $4.75 billion will be distributed by formula to states, and an additional $2.5 billion will be distributed through a competitive grant program that will support innovative approaches and ensure that charger deployment meets Administration priorities such as supporting rural charging, improving local air quality and increasing EV charging access in disadvantaged communities. Together, this is the largest-ever U.S. investment in EV charging and will be a transformative down payment on the transition to a zero-emission future."

Reactions: yoshi121374
Biden is an absolute buffoon. And if you did not know that going in you have not kept up with politics the last thirty years. What a dark day in this country when he was elected. I tell you what he can do, he can project weakness. Like a lot of liberals that I know he thinks he can pick up a book on Friday about any subject and by Monday he will be an expert in that subject. Dumb and vain just aint a good combo for a president. Sprinkle in a little dementia and we got who we got.

Seems like you're not taking into account that the administration is taking big steps to address the future of the EV industry. Maybe it's not the fully fledged plan that you imagine, but to say they are doing no planning is disingenuous. But do you really think Republicans would sign off on a a more detailed plan?

"President Biden’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law includes a total of $7.5 billion to build out a nationwide network of 500,000 electric vehicle chargers.

The toolkit contains best practices for planning EV charging networks and tips to navigate federal funding and financing to help make these projects a reality. DOT will also be holding workshops with rural communities to utilize the toolkit most effectively.

This toolkit is being released in anticipation of the distribution of $7 billion in funds to accelerate the deployment of a national electric vehicle charging network from the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. Of these funds, $4.75 billion will be distributed by formula to states, and an additional $2.5 billion will be distributed through a competitive grant program that will support innovative approaches and ensure that charger deployment meets Administration priorities such as supporting rural charging, improving local air quality and increasing EV charging access in disadvantaged communities. Together, this is the largest-ever U.S. investment in EV charging and will be a transformative down payment on the transition to a zero-emission future."

We don't need chargers. You are missing the point entirely. We need power generation and we need to know how we're going to generate power going forward. In a number of states right now there are rolling brownouts to deal with our power issues. The person who is basically the father of the electric car has stated that they're not set up to be more than about 20 to 30% of the total vehicles on the road. We do not have the resources to make the batteries for the cars. Electric vehicles are not a solution that will solve all problems. I have had an electric vehicle so I understand this very well. People on the left seem to all think about the endpoint without understanding how we're going to get there. I'll never understand how you can miss that part.

The administration isn't doing squat about this because no one is willing to make the call on what we have to do. We have to generate power and to do that we're going to need to go with nuclear or natural gas or oil or coal. These other generation techniques will not create the power supply we need. That's just a mathematical reality.

So as I said there is no plan. This issue is far too political for people to be thinking clearly. Which is part of the problem because we have to stop politicizing everything.

Since everyone has is an expert let me say that the DOT has a program regarding EV charging stations in SC and my name is involved in it with a regional area

Right now approximately 10 million a year will be invested in grants of which I asked for some

Everything is very fluid so who knows how it will turn out

Trying to get our share

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT