ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible story, a beautiful young lady in 5 Points

Wonder if the driver pulled up and told her he was the uber driver ,hoping she was expecting one. Not sure why else she would have gotten in the car.

Sad sad sad. I remember the young lady from New York that went missing in Myrtle Beach. We live in a cruel world.

This is obviously a sad situation . However that article is so terrible are we to suppose she was murdered?
That is a good question. It is very poorly written and only references her death and it being referred to the sex crime division. I guess it is assumed to be both a sex crime and murder, but as you point out the article is so poorly written you have to come to your own conclusion.

So it was 2 AM and as a young female you get into a vehicle by yourself not knowing exactly who the driver is? Super smart move. It’s like really young people have no awareness these days.
Wow.

Crime lab DNA and ancestry DNA companies are bad for murderers and rapists. Hope they catch the perp soon

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Sadly it has nothing to do with UofSC
5 Points

It just seems like a dangerous place. Like this, the girl who was paralyzed from Greenville, and the multiple other bad things I’ve heard. I’m sure there are worse places , But the stigma there is great.

You think what I said is some sort of shocking revelation? I’m not the only one who thinks it. Heard that mentioned plenty.

Not to mention the Uber app gives you the exact car that’s coming to get you, the tag number of the car, and a picture of the driver.

The victim isn’t to blame here, but being responsible doesn’t stop after the Uber is called.

This could have been any of your daughters, sisters, girlfriends, whatever. Get off your damn high horses.
I didn't take the comments as anyone being on a high horse. She is obviously in no way to blame, but her actions sadly could be construed as reckless in today's world. A woman should be able to call a cab or use Uber/Lyft at 2am downtown without fearing for her life, but I damn sure wouldn't let any woman I care about do it.

I question why any group of females out would let their friend leave alone, especially if she was intoxicated. I can't imagine what her family is going through. She apparently was about to start law school. Some people are truly animals.

You don’t get into an uber or any car with a stranger as a young female at 2am, period.

How should a girl get home by herself, then? The only irresponsible thing she did was not check that she was getting into the right car. A woman taking an uber by themselves isn’t really a problem.

Who said that?
Nobody. But I’m equating it to numerous of your posts here where you and others are blaming the victim in some way. The only person that made a decision for that girl to die was the person who killed her, if that is indeed what happened.

Nobody. But I’m equating it to numerous of your posts here where you and others are blaming the victim in some way. The only person that made a decision for that girl to die was the person who killed her, if that is indeed what happened.

It is, but she also apparently made a mistake and paid horribly for it. I don’t think she did anything totally crazy, though, so it should be easy to have sympathy for her.

It is, but she also apparently made a mistake and paid horribly for it. I don’t think she did anything totally crazy, though, so it should be easy to have sympathy for her.
I mean it’s still a mistake. It doesn’t mean you should be murdered for it. Which I know you know but others obviously don’t.

Did they catch the guy?

I say someone needs to teach him/her a valuable lesson.

To me the issue with the cruel world is we’ve let it get this bad.... if you feared the consequences, people’s minds would change.

you’re an idiot if you don’t crime rates would drop

There is a show on Netflix, they go into prisons and film how hard prisons are on criminals. Some are harder than others. The films objective was to show prisons are too harsh on inmates. They blunted said “the more harsh the punishment the less stupid things happen in jail”(I forget which jail it was)

But if you don’t think like this, things will continue to go south. Ask the people from Orangeburg how they liked it when I caught them stealing from me...they haven’t been back, even thanked me when they saw me in the grocery store months later

Her body was found in a remote area about 10 miles from where I live by 2 boys that were Turkey hunting , Has shook up our normally quite area. This is a awful thing, This predator needs to be caught and suffer the same fate!!!!

Her body was found in a remote area about 10 miles from where I live by 2 boys that were Turkey hunting , Has shook up our normally quite area. This is a awful thing, This predator needs to be caught and suffer the same fate!!!!
I can’t imagine

That's awful. I agree, the same should happen to the individual(s) that did this. They need to be caught and finished.

Where is that exactly?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT