ADVERTISEMENT

The global leftist war against women

No, I don't agree with it and I've stated that several times on this board. No way this should be allowed.
Ok good, now how do you turn some on your side around and stop this madness? And I NOT trying to start a argument with ya. I'm serious

None of you think this is okay, right @okclem @dpic73 etc?
No, I don't. But that has nothing to do with how I'd ever cast my vote for president.

My political ethos is very simple. Advance the cause of equal & equitable opportunity for everyone. Period. Things outside what we all might consider normal are going to happen in the process, and so be it. That's the price of living in a free society, and it's not steep. All you have to do is not give a shit.

A trans athlete winning medals over biological women is not going to set the cause back decades or centuries. Project 2025 and Trump will.

Ok good, now how do you turn some on your side around and stop this madness? And I NOT trying to start a argument with ya. I'm serious
I don't know anyone in my circle who believes it should be allowed but if I did, I promise they'd know my opinion on it. Being center-left doesn't make me responsible for everything that happens on the fringe and I'm not even sure who is responsible for these types of decisions, but since they're highly unpopular, it will end up taking care of itself.

No, I don't. But that has nothing to do with how I'd ever cast my vote for president.

My political ethos is very simple. Advance the cause of equal & equitable opportunity for everyone. Period. Things outside what we all might consider normal are going to happen in the process, and so be it. That's the price of living in a free society, and it's not steep. All you have to do is not give a shit.

A trans athlete winning medals over biological women is not going to set the cause back decades or centuries. Project 2025 and Trump will.

And so will expansion of entitlements, government dependence, focus on everyone "ending up in the same place" and the general societal view from the left's nominee. I see that as a major threat to the America we know.

Fun story. I was in Europe last week and spent time with folks from a couple of different EU countries. I know them well, we spent a lot of time together, out for drinks, etc. They were quite clear that the EU model of state support impacts their level of motivation, risk taking and general approach to work. There is also significantly less ability to materially improve your station in life (ie you may move from middle class to upper middle, but that's about it).

And so will expansion of entitlements, government dependence, focus on everyone "ending up in the same place" and the general societal view from the left's nominee. I see that as a major threat to the America we know.

Fun story. I was in Europe last week and spent time with folks from a couple of different EU countries. I know them well, we spent a lot of time together, out for drinks, etc. They were quite clear that the EU model of state support impacts their level of motivation, risk taking and general approach to work. There is also significantly less ability to materially improve your station in life (ie you may move from middle class to upper middle, but that's about it).
If you see equal and equitable opportunity for everyone as a major threat to America, then you genuinely are not a serious person. I'm not going to waste any more time pretending that you are.

And you're right that was a really fun story.

🤣🤣🤣 maga thinks they're going to convince black people and women that it's really the Democrats holding them down.

The strategic arm of the Trump campaign seems to be out of ideas.

None of you think this is okay, right @okclem @dpic73 etc?

You didn't tag me either, but I'm also against this. The far left is way,way too out there for me. I'm fine with someone who decides they want to identify as any gender they want to, however, there are physical attributes that make this inherently unfair.

Like .last of us have said, we've lost the ability to have common sense.

Reactions: okclem and dpic73
If you see equal and equitable opportunity for everyone as a major threat to America, then you genuinely are not a serious person. I'm not going to waste any more time pretending that you are.

And you're right that was a really fun story.

All for equal opportunity. I just disagree with Kamala that we should artificially tilt the scales to ensure equal outcomes for all.

All for equal opportunity. I just disagree with Kamala that we should artificially tilt the scales to ensure equal outcomes for all.

I don't fully agree with that take out of context, but I had an interesting discussion with a Black friend of mine this weekend. He discussed how he was the first member of his family to ever attend college, up to him, it was considered "acceptable" to graduate High School. The only reason he was different was due to a Godmother who was a Black women who was college educated. She demanded that he go to college, and he saw how college and education had improved her life. As my friend said, I didn't believe it was possible until I'd seen it.

If giving a repressed race a little leg up, and let's someone into college for this example, then changes the expectation of a family/Race isn't that a good thing for the future? I don't love the idea of reparations, but things like this seems to be a little bit like Social Reparation. It's unfair to that 18 year old white kid who had better grades, or maybe a betterSAT, but isn't it also unfair that the young Black kid may have had less support and opportunity due to racial inequity that ended less than two generations ago?

I don't have a great solution, but it was a really enlightening conversation.

Tell that to the women it affects. Tell it to that female boxer... I doubt they would agree with you. That lady has been training for this most of her life and her moment has been stolen from her. So try and convince her it doesnt affect her...

Kamala has specifically said that exact thing. That the goal should be equal outcomes, not equal opportunity.
No, she hasn't. She has said we should push for equitable outcomes for all. If you don't acknowledge the difference between equal and equitable, you're not being sincere.

Last edited:
I don't fully agree with that take out of context, but I had an interesting discussion with a Black friend of mine this weekend. He discussed how he was the first member of his family to ever attend college, up to him, it was considered "acceptable" to graduate High School. The only reason he was different was due to a Godmother who was a Black women who was college educated. She demanded that he go to college, and he saw how college and education had improved her life. As my friend said, I didn't believe it was possible until I'd seen it.

If giving a repressed race a little leg up, and let's someone into college for this example, then changes the expectation of a family/Race isn't that a good thing for the future? I don't love the idea of reparations, but things like this seems to be a little bit like Social Reparation. It's unfair to that 18 year old white kid who had better grades, or maybe a betterSAT, but isn't it also unfair that the young Black kid may have had less support and opportunity due to racial inequity that ended less than two generations ago?

Exactly, I believe what she really means is we should do everything we can to make sure that even those that have the least resources, should be lifted up by making sure they have everything they need to meet their highest aspirations. That would be best for all of us.

Exactly, I believe what she really means is we should do everything we can to make sure that even those that have the least resources, should be lifted up by making sure they have everything they need to meet their highest aspirations. That would be best for all of us.

One thing that is very interesting to me is Title One Schools. We often hear from the Right that additional investment in Education don't lead to better performance. With Title One this has been proven to be completely false. Title One Schools have more federal funds to invest in teachers,support roles, supplies etc. many of those schools are showing really great results. My Wife works in Anderson One and for example, Cedar Grove Elementary is extremely high poverty,low education, high broken homes etc and they are out-performing Powdersville Elementary.

TLDR short version :Focused, intentional investment can absolutely lead to better results,even for kids who don't have the support at home. Basically the school fills those roles.

Reactions: okclem and dpic73

The story you relate and the example you give seem to be completely unrelated. The problem your friend points out is not that he or others couldn't get into college. It was that they never try. THAT is the problem. Did he need an exception to get in school? Is that what lead to his success? It doesn't sound like it, but maybe I am wrong.
It seems the problem in the black community is much more desire/motivation rather than opportunity, based both on your friends account and general knowledge. The focus needs to be on motivating people to be the best they can be rather than settling for the govt to pay for their food/housing/etc and accepting a substandard life of merely existing.
As for the racial inequity, it has and certainly still does exist to a lesser degree. However, I think that is used to often as an excuse, when it is not really the reason.
How do you explain the greater relative success of the hispanic community? Certainly they have no advantages. The majority of their ancestors were not even here generations ago. They have no accumulated family wealth, property, etc. Yet the crime rate among that group is significantly less and income is significantly higher.

The story you relate and the example you give seem to be completely unrelated. The problem your friend points out is not that he or others couldn't get into college. It was that they never try. THAT is the problem. Did he need an exception to get in school? Is that what lead to his success? It doesn't sound like it, but maybe I am wrong.
It seems the problem in the black community is much more desire/motivation rather than opportunity, based both on your friends account and general knowledge. The focus needs to be on motivating people to be the best they can be rather than settling for the govt to pay for their food/housing/etc and accepting a substandard life of merely existing.
As for the racial inequity, it has and certainly still does exist to a lesser degree. However, I think that is used to often as an excuse, when it is not really the reason.
How do you explain the greater relative success of the hispanic community? Certainly they have no advantages. The majority of their ancestors were not even here generations ago. They have no accumulated family wealth, property, etc. Yet the crime rate among that group is significantly less and income is significantly higher.
Racist drivel

Racist drivel
He has such a long history of casual racism that he doesn't even recognize it, but I believe yoshi correctly pointed out the reasoning.
He was pushed by his godmother who was educated and that speaks to why education works and why it should be facilitated with the resources it takes to encourage a child to become the best they can be. If you don't get the encouragement at home, we should at the very least make sure they get what they need at school.
He discussed how he was the first member of his family to ever attend college, up until then, it was considered "acceptable" to graduate High School. The only reason he was different was due to a Godmother who was a Black women who was college educated. She demanded that he go to college

Reactions: okclem

If you have never seen it represented for you as a possibility, you don't know that it is.

It's very hard for us to understand this since as a White,Middle Class. Christian, Man, I've never faced any discrimination or barrier to entry for myself. I have never lacked for role models to represent my options. Representation matters.

I never faced Jim Crow or redlining. We have to admit that African Americans still experience the effects of Slavery and Racism. I didn't do any of it, nor did my family, but it's dishonest to act as if I don't have more opportunities and open doors due to my race and social situation.

• Love
Reactions: dpic73 and okclem
He has such a long history of casual racism that he doesn't even recognize it, but I believe yoshi correctly pointed out the reasoning.
He was pushed by his godmother who was educated and that speaks to why education works and why it should be facilitated with the resources it takes to encourage a child to become the best they can be. If you don't get the encouragement at home, we should at the very least make sure they get what they need at school.
Eh, eh, see now, the problem with the black man is...

@CUT93 comes from the Cliven Bundy school of race relations

Reactions: dpic73
The classic low iq response when you have no logical reply or rebuttal. Not unexpected from you, though.
You have to love it when lily white knight leftist try to act like they know the struggle of the poor and or people of color. They have tried to project their sins on the Republican's for so long they forgot that they are the root cause for all of it...

It really sucks for her. I've already acknowledged that. But it isn't anything that's going to figure into my choice for president.

All you bleeding heart conservatives are really something.
One one hand you say it sucks but at the same time you laugh at her suffering

You have to love it when lily white knight leftist try to act like they know the struggle of the poor and or people of color. They have tried to project their sins on the Republican's for so long they forgot that they are the root cause for all of it...
I've never once tried to claim I know the struggle. The difference between my side and yours is that we acknowledge it.

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT