ADVERTISEMENT

Time to ban children from churches?

Ah ok. So we went from a drag show happened in a school and a performer thrust his pelvis into a 14 year old girl’s face to a drag show happened at a community college and some 14 year olds were present. See how the way you initially described it is wildly different from what actually happened?

And you’re literally comparing this to the clear and documented long term pattern of clergy who physically sexually assault children. You believe our politicians should spend time making new laws to stop this while no new laws should be made to protect children from The danger they face in churches or from the epidemic of school shootings across the country.

It just doesn’t sound like you actually care that much about the safety of kids. It sounds like you care a lot more about marginalizing a specific group of already marginalized people.
the local news reports stated she was 14 and those were high school students invited there from a local high school. Either way they are underage and shouldnt even be there at a drag show thats showing sexual content and performing what could be classified as an sexual assault on a minor thats on camera. This is far worst than what that crazy tot said happen between her and Trump last month. But im starting to see cracks in your game here. Your trying your best to defend groomers without showing your defending groomers. Its easy, just be against and condemn people that either sexually assault or direct sexual material towards minors. Its so easy but some on here cant do it. One can only wonder why....hmmm

Reactions: TigerGrowls
the local news reports stated she was 14 and those were high school students invited there from a local high school. Either way they are underage and shouldnt even be there at a drag show thats showing sexual content and performing what could be classified as a sexual assault on a minor thats on camera. This is far worst than what that crazy tot said happen between her and Trump last month. But im starting to see cracks in your game here. Your trying your best to defend groomers without showing your defending groomers. Its easy, just be against and condemn people that either sexually assault or direct sexual material towards minors. Its so easy but some on here cant do it. One can only wonder why....hmmm
Do you have the same passion for stopping child beauty pageants?

Reactions: yoshi121374
Sure. Florida has defined drag performances as child sexual abuse, they have also passed a law that child sexual abuse is punishable by death, they have further made the death penalty allowable by an 8-4 vote rather than a unanimous vote. Therefore, Florida has opened the door to an easier path to executing drag performers.

Now is that last sentence actually true? No, it isn’t. It’s me using vague language in law to make a claim that something very scary and alarming could happen, which is exactly what the Fox News article about jail time for not using pronouns is doing.
What law is that? Do you have the code? Also just because somebody is guilty of a crime, say a bus driver, doesnt mean the law makes it easier to punish a bus driver. If a drag queen is guilty of a crime then its not because they are a drag queen unless you can show the law only applies to drag queens. That would be a violation of civil rights then...

the local news reports stated she was 14 and those were high school students invited there from a local high school. Either way they are underage and shouldnt even be there at a drag show thats showing sexual content and performing what could be classified as a sexual assault on a minor thats on camera. This is far worst than what that crazy tot said happen between her and Trump last month. But im starting to see cracks in your game here. You’re trying your best to defend groomers without showing your defending groomers. It’s easy, just be against and condemn people that either sexually assault or direct sexual material towards minors. It’s so easy but some on here cant do it. One can only wonder why....hmmm
Will you condemn churches that address sexual morality from the pulpit while children are present? Perhaps the Bible should be edited to remove any reference to sex or sexuality so children won’t read it. We should also not mention that Mary was a virgin, since that is teaching children sexual terms.

Reactions: dpic73
What law is that? Do you have the code? Also just because somebody is guilty of a crime, say a bus driver, doesnt mean the law makes it easier to punish a bus driver. If a drag queen is guilty of a crime then its not because they are a drag queen unless you can show the law only applies to drag queens. That would be a violation of civil rights then...
I feel like you’ve completely missed the point of that post. Which shouldn’t be surprising.

But yeah, senate bill 1438 uses language so vague that pride parades in Florida are being cancelled, which I assume what’s it’s goal.

Do you have the same passion for stopping child beauty pageants?
No since I dont have personal experience with that so the passion wont be the same. I didnt allow my daughter to do that until she was a teen in high school already or model clothes.

Will you condemn churches that address sexual morality from the pulpit while children are present? Perhaps the Bible should be edited to remove any reference to sex or sexuality so children won’t read it. We should also not mention that Mary was a virgin, since that is teaching children sexual terms.
This is a false equivalence. The church is all about teaching morality period. Its doesnt teach sex acts and explicit content. Bible talks moral acts not physical acts when it comes to sex so its a false equivalence.

This is a false equivalence. The church is all about teaching morality period. Its doesnt teach sex acts and explicit content. Bible talks moral acts not physical acts when it comes to sex so its a false equivalence.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. So then you’re ok if a school teaches that it is morally wrong to refuse to call someone by their preferred name or pronouns? Since that’s just a lesson on morality and not a physical act.

I feel like you’ve completely missed the point of that post. Which shouldn’t be surprising.

But yeah, senate bill 1438 uses language so vague that pride parades in Florida are being cancelled, which I assume what’s it’s goal.

SB 1438: Protection of Children​

GENERAL BILL by Yarborough ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Perry

Protection of Children; Prohibiting a governmental entity from issuing a permit or otherwise authorizing a person to conduct a performance in violation of specified provisions; providing criminal penalties; authorizing the Division of Hotels and Restaurants of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation to fine, suspend, or revoke the license of any public lodging establishment or public food service establishment if the establishment admits a child to an adult live performance; specifying that the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation is given full power and authority to revoke or suspend the license of any person issued under the Beverage Law when it is determined or found by the division upon sufficient cause appearing that he or she is maintaining a licensed premises that admits a child to an adult live performance; prohibiting a person from knowingly admitting a child to an adult live performance, etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok dont see anything about the death penalty so far but Im digging because like I said if true that it allows them to kill people just for being a drag queen Im on your side on this bill...

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. So then you’re ok if a school teaches that it is morally wrong to refuse to call someone by their preferred name or pronouns? Since that’s just a lesson on morality and not a physical act.
Schools are teaching sex acts not morality. Also its the parents job to teach this not the schools. Many teachers are pedo's so they push this stuff. If a church started teaching kids sex acts then they need hauled off to prison...

The bill prohibits a person from knowingly admitting a child to an adult live performance. In broad, general terms, an adult live performance is a presentation that depicts or simulates nudity, sexual conduct, or specific sexual activities. A person who violates this prohibition commits a first degree misdemeanor, which is punishable by imprisonment that does not exceed 1 year and a fine that does not exceed $1,000.

If a licensed public lodging or public food service establishment or any premises that has a beverage license knowingly admits a child to an adult live performance, the establishment or premises is subject to having that license suspended or revoked and being fined. The fine for a first violation is $5,000, and the fine for a second or subsequent violation is $10,000.

A governmental entity, as defined in the bill, may not issue a permit or authorize a person to conduct an adult live performance who will knowingly admit a child. If a child is admitted, the individual who was issued the permit or other authorization commits a first degree misdemeanor, which is punishable by imprisonment that does not exceed 1 year and a fine that does not exceed $1,000.

If approved by the Governor, or allowed to become law without the Governor’s signature, these provisions take effect upon becoming law.

Vote: Senate 28-12; House 82-32

@dbjork6317 are you sure thats the correct bill? Im not seeing anything close to a felony more less the death penalty...Any chance you got gas lit? To go from a max 1 year in jail to death is a huge leap and no language in it singles out drag queens...​

Reactions: OleFastball
Schools are teaching sex acts not morality. Also its the parents job to teach this not the schools. Many teachers are pedo's so they push this stuff. If a church started teaching kids sex acts then they need hauled off to prison...
Hm. Ok. You’re making some great, factual points here. Curious though - what sex acts, specifically, are being taught in schools?

Also I noticed you didn’t answer my actual question, probably just an oversight. Since we’re ok with teaching children about morality when it comes to sexuality, do you support teaching children that it is immoral to discriminate against homosexuals or transgender people and that discrimination includes purposefully refusing to use a person’s preferred pronouns?

@dbjork6317 are you sure thats the correct bill? Im not seeing anything close to a felony more less the death penalty...Any chance you got gas lit? To go from a max 1 year in jail to death is a huge leap and no language in it singles out drag queens...​

It’s as if you just flat out didn’t read my post on the subject where I blatantly said I was saying something that was false.

Forcing people to play the pronoun game is forcing. In some places you can go to jail if you dont. Oh btw thats called "forcing your lifestyle on others"...

If everyone in your life started calling you dickface, and you insisted you call them by your real name, wouldnt you be forcing it on them?

Ah ok. So we went from a drag show happened in a school and a performer thrust his pelvis into a 14 year old girl’s face to a drag show happened at a community college and some 14 year olds were present. See how the way you initially described it is wildly different from what actually happened?

And you’re literally comparing this to the clear and documented long term pattern of clergy who physically sexually assault children. You believe our politicians should spend time making new laws to stop this while no new laws should be made to protect children from The danger they face in churches or from the epidemic of school shootings across the country.

It just doesn’t sound like you actually care that much about the safety of kids. It sounds like you care a lot more about marginalizing a specific group of already marginalized people.
Uhh, you were the one that compares drag shows and clergy in the original post. Nice try dude….

Hm. Ok. You’re making some great, factual points here. Curious though - what sex acts, specifically, are being taught in schools?

Also I noticed you didn’t answer my actual question, probably just an oversight. Since we’re ok with teaching children about morality when it comes to sexuality, do you support teaching children that it is immoral to discriminate against homosexuals or transgender people and that discrimination includes purposefully refusing to use a person’s preferred pronouns?
Second part first, Im for teaching civil rights. I am not for forcing people to use pronouns if they choose not too as that infringes on their free speech I am also not opposed to people using pronouns if they choose to. Gov cant compel speech. It cant force people to say things they dont either want or agree with. Short of calling on violence the Gov needs to stay out of speech. People can say what they want short of calling for violence. People also need to understand the difference in "hate speech" and just speech you hate. Speech you hate isnt "hate speech". If that was the case all speech could be considered "hate speech". Hell the chickens calling us "taters" could be "hate speech" if thats the case...lol

As far as what sex acts, several books found in the schools like "Gender Queer" teach oral and anal sex and depicts them in the book. In IL a middle school teacher in the last week or so was giving out a book that taught sex acts and gave info to apps that would put them in contact with adults to meet for sex and there are many others. Im for the basic biology lesson on the plumbing and whats its intended purpose is for. Im not for the other stuff. Thats for the parents to decide when that talk takes place...

If everyone in your life started calling you dickface, and you insisted you call them by your real name, wouldnt you be forcing it on them?
I can ask them to but I cant force them to do it. Im not so insecure about myself I need to cry to the Gov to make it a "hate crime" to call me a dickface. Being a lifelong dickface I know you understand this concept...

It’s as if you just flat out didn’t read my post on the subject where I blatantly said I was saying something that was false.
No Im taking time to research what you claimed about the bill. I still havent seen anything close to your claim. Thats why Im asking if it might be a different bill or did somebody you trust tell you this?

Second part first, Im for teaching civil rights. I am not for forcing people to use pronouns if they choose not too as that infringes on their free speech I am also not opposed to people using pronouns if they choose to. Gov cant compel speech. It cant force people to say things they dont either want or agree with. Short of calling on violence the Gov needs to stay out of speech. People can say what they want short of calling for violence. People also need to understand the difference in "hate speech" and just speech you hate. Speech you hate isnt "hate speech". If that was the case all speech could be considered "hate speech". Hell the chickens calling us "taters" could be "hate speech" if thats the case...lol

As far as what sex acts, several books found in the schools like "Gender Queer" teach oral and anal sex and depicts them in the book. In IL a middle school teacher in the last week or so was giving out a book that taught sex acts and gave info to apps that would put them in contact with adults to meet for sex and there are many others. Im for the basic biology lesson on the plumbing and whats its intended purpose is for. Im not for the other stuff. Thats for the parents to decide when that talk takes place...
There is not one. Singular. Example of the government in the United States forcing anyone to use someone’s preferred pronouns. It isn’t a thing. You’re making up a problem that doesn’t exist. And it still isn’t the question I asked about teaching morality in schools, but I digress. The argument isn’t that people should be legally required to use someone’s preferred pronouns, its that you’re just an asshole if you refuse to do it. Just like if you tell me your name is Rob, and I refuse to call you Rob and instead insist on calling you some other name that I think you should be called, that makes me an asshole.

The argument about people being fired over pronouns also doesn’t make any sense because that’s up to the private employer. Go into work tomorrow and start calling all your coworkers and customers by the wrong name and you’ll be fired for that too, that has nothing to do with the government compelling speech.

Now, if you want to have a discussion about worker’s protections against private employers, I’m happy to have that conversation. But private employers pretty much have carte blanche when it comes to hiring and firing, barring some exceptions around race and gender (gay and transgender people are not part of that protected class, btw) and the same conservatives complaining about getting fired for not using pronouns or not getting vaccinated have, for decades, voted for politicians that fight against worker’s rights and support the private sector’s ability to fire people for just about anything they choose.

I don’t care about anecdotal evidence because it’s pointless.

Where are the articles and proof showing you’ll go to jail for misgendering? This sounds like a bunch of bullshit grifters tell their idiot followers (i.e. You) who lap it up like the simpletons they are.

Regarding the Fox News article, there’s also laws on books saying you’ll go to prison for practicing fortune telling in Oregon. That doesn’t mean it gets enforced, it’s just a stupid law that gets passed.
Read the articles the SC had to overturn Cali's bs law...

There is not one. Singular. Example of the government in the United States forcing anyone to use someone’s preferred pronouns. It isn’t a thing. You’re making up a problem that doesn’t exist. And it still isn’t the question I asked about teaching morality in schools, but I digress. The argument isn’t that people should be legally required to use someone’s preferred pronouns, its that you’re just an asshole if you refuse to do it. Just like if you tell me your name is Rob, and I refuse to call you Rob and instead insist on calling you some other name that I think you should be called, that makes me an asshole.

The argument about people being fired over pronouns also doesn’t make any sense because that’s up to the private employer. Go into work tomorrow and start calling all your coworkers and customers by the wrong name and you’ll be fired for that too, that has nothing to do with the government compelling speech.

Now, if you want to have a discussion about worker’s protections against private employers, I’m happy to have that conversation. But private employers pretty much have carte blanche when it comes to hiring and firing, barring some exceptions around race and gender (gay and transgender people are not part of that protected class, btw) and the same conservatives complaining about getting fired for not using pronouns or not getting vaccinated have, for decades, voted for politicians that fight against worker’s rights and support the private sector’s ability to fire people for just about anything they choose.
I linked the info earlier about the law in Cali and the link to the SC having to overturn it. Leftist are trying any way they can to squash speech they dont agree with in a true fascist way...

I don’t care about anecdotal evidence because it’s pointless.

Where are the articles and proof showing you’ll go to jail for misgendering? This sounds like a bunch of bullshit grifters tell their idiot followers (i.e. You) who lap it up like the simpletons they are.

Regarding the Fox News article, there’s also laws on books saying you’ll go to prison for practicing fortune telling in Oregon. That doesn’t mean it gets enforced, it’s just a stupid law that gets passed.
oh also laws that are on the books CAN be enforced anytime. Lets agree to remove those stupid laws so they CANT be enforced ever.....

Conservatives continue to push the save the kids narrative but won’t actually support them. Weird line to define

I would still like for you to highlight the part of the bill that passed that has language that could enable the killing of people just because they are drag queens. I posted the bill, just highlight it for me please... I mean if you cant one just has to assume you made it all up for clout and to frame a debate in a way to make your side look better. If thats the case then its just yet another case of a leftist being dishonest to score points, not trying to solve any legit issues...

NEVER FORGET: It Was Barack Obama Who First Pushed Teaching Sex Education to Kindergarteners Back in 2007 – He Even Pushed Sex Ed to Kiddies Legislation (VIDEO)
Itsnt it weird how Trump was the first to embrace same-sex marriage as POTUS? He gets zero credit and is called a homophobe lol you cant make this shat up....

Read the articles the SC had to overturn Cali's bs law...
Supporter of the Party of small federal government wants the federal govt to overturn local and state laws that were enacted by majority rule in a locality.

You may not agree with the California law, but it was proposed by elected officials who were legally elected by a local majority. If it ends up being a problem, those elected officials will be replaced and the law will be repealed.

I have a hard time caring about this, considering it’s the exact same thing going on wrt abortion in all the red states following the repeal of RvW. If I’m not mistaken, I believe all the responses from chuds who supported the repeal was “tough shit, move somewhere else.” To which, I recommend the upset chuds to follow that same advice.

I would still like for you to highlight the part of the bill that passed that has language that could enable the killing of people just because they are drag queens. I posted the bill, just highlight it for me please... I mean if you cant one just has to assume you made it all up for clout and to frame a debate in a way to make your side look better. If thats the case then its just yet another case of a leftist being dishonest to score points, not trying to solve any legit issues...
It doesn’t say that. And I said it doesn’t say that. I was making a point that you can use the vague language in virtually any law to make up and alarmist point. I’m taking the language in that bill and combining it with the language in another bill to make a claim that Florida is creating a path to executing drag queens to make the point that the article you posted from Fox News is doing the same thing.

I have now explained this several times, if you don’t understand it at this point that‘s on you.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Look I know you must defend yourself. But , I think it's sick for you to dress up like a woman and dance in front of kids. Is it really crazy to feel this way? I don't think so.
So because you saw a Libs of TikTok video that showed the most egregious example of something that happened at a drag event, drag now means grinding in front of kids?
What a special needs simpleton you are. Just stfu for God's sake.

It doesn’t say that. And I said it doesn’t say that. I was making a point that you can use the vague language in virtually any law to make up and alarmist point. I’m taking the language in that bill and combining it with the language in another bill to make a claim that Florida is creating a path to executing drag queens to make the point that the article you posted from Fox News is doing the same thing.

I have now explained this several times, if you don’t understand it at this point that‘s on you.
you said it has vague language that could lead to that. i want to see what you're referring to so i can understand ...

I can ask them to but I cant force them to do it. Im not so insecure about myself I need to cry to the Gov to make it a "hate crime" to call me a dickface. Being a lifelong dickface I know you understand this concept...
Sure thing, dickface.

• Haha

Seems like there’s A LOT more child sexual abuse happening in churches than at drag shows, maybe its time states work to put a stop to child grooming in religious communities and make it illegal for minors to attend churches.

To really put this into a perspective there is more sexual abuse happening at the homes children live in with their parents

So based on the premise all parents will have to give up children

Obviously not but child abuse by any adult is pathetic

Reactions: TigerRagRob
I must’ve missed all of the boycotts from you guys the last 60 years when Disney was originally releasing all of the movies you idiots are crying about casting minorities in today. You know, bc each of those is a story about a teenager falling in love with a male and getting rescued from *insert danger.*

You don’t “want them taught heterosexuality in elementary school” but don’t complain at all about every single heterosexual love story taught and shown to children.

The truth is you’re just bigots who are too cowardly to admit so.

this so perfectly encapsulates the self-righteous delusion of the liberal echo chamber haha...if i didn't know better i'd think it was a parody account. is there not a single mirror in the entire echo chamber?

invents narrative that's wildly untrue - check

tells someone else what they want or don't want for them...because they just know - check

tells someone else who they are and what they believe...also because they just know - check

there there little buddy....one day maybe you'll learn about self-awareness.

"for i was conscious that i knew practically nothing" - socrates ... be more like socrates. if you need an explanation on the meaning i'm happy to help.

this so perfectly encapsulates the self-righteous delusion of the liberal echo chamber haha...if i didn't know better i'd think it was a parody account. is there not a single mirror in the entire echo chamber?

invents narrative that's wildly untrue - check

tells someone else what they want or don't want for them...because they just know - check

tells someone else who they are and what they believe...also because they just know - check

there there little buddy....one day maybe you'll learn about self-awareness.

"for i was conscious that i knew practically nothing" - socrates ... be more like socrates. if you need an explanation on the meaning i'm happy to help.
Feel free to bump any of the threads posted on here that refute my point.

Or you can keep waxing poetic while saying nothing of substance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT