ADVERTISEMENT

Time to ban children from churches?

I’d argue that in a world with no moral absolutes that there would be no injustice. And the person who fought against the imagined injustice would be a fool.
If doing what you think is right makes you a fool, then embrace being a fool in someone's eyes. Thats being brave. There are no moral absolutes because morality keeps changing. Be as aware and as informed as you can be, otherwise, you have little basis for your own morality. Again, morality is in the eyes of the beholder. How else can you justify the moral abominations that god himself performed in the bible. Or that our lauded founding fathers baked into the constitution?

Being able to handle and empathize with someone, makes you able to see the world through their eyes. That empathy is a key component to morality. Because again, morality aint absolute. Your finite experience shapes yours.

I am not arguing that my stance that murder is wrong is a moral absolute. I’m arguing that is my individual moral belief and that many others also share that individual moral belief. There is no such thing as moral absolutism and those who claim there is are simply assigning their own personal morals to be absolute.
Are you saying that I should look at the child molester who’s individual moral belief tells him that it is good and right to molest children and weigh it against your’s that says it is wrong and immoral and conclude that you both are believing and acting morally? I should then view you both as the same caliber of sentient beings acting on your free will, correct?

If doing what you think is right makes you a fool, then embrace being a fool in someone's eyes. Thats being brave. There are no moral absolutes because morality keeps changing. Be as aware and as informed as you can be, otherwise, you have little basis for your own morality. Again, morality is in the eyes of the beholder. How else can you justify the moral abominations that god himself performed in the bible. Or that our lauded founding fathers baked into the constitution?

Being able to handle and empathize with someone, makes you able to see the world through their eyes. That empathy is a key component to morality. Because again, morality aint absolute. Your finite experience shapes yours.
What I was implying is that in a world of no absolute morality there could be no legitimate claims of justice or injustice. If morality is the eye of the beholder then ultimately so is the idea of justice and injustice. One man’s justice would be injustice to another. And no individual or collective would have the moral authority to determine who is correct. Therefore if a man were fighting for justice for a perceived injustice he’d simultaneously be causing injustice on the just.

In reality what it would look like is that there would be no injustice in the world as everyone theoretically is acting justly, according to the morality they’re beholding or have learned from experience as you put it.

Are you saying that I should look at the child molester who’s individual moral belief tells him that it is good and right to molest children and weigh it against your’s that says it is wrong and immoral and conclude that you both are believing and acting morally? I should then view you both as the same caliber of sentient beings acting on your free will, correct?
No you should determine from your own mortality if the action is moral or not.

So in the future it’s possible you could start a thread celebrating rather than condemning the child molesters within religious organizations?
You’re being ridiculous at this point and going in circles. Not sure if it’s purposeful or not.

So in the future it’s possible you could start a thread celebrating rather than condemning the child molesters within religious organizations?
Anyone can believe anything is moral or not. Doesn’t mean I have to change my own morals. And society isn’t run by moral, it’s run by law.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT