ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Green tweet...

White privilege is huge lie for many of us. Dabo grew up dirt poor and worked his butt of to get ahead. He had a broken family and could have chosen a life of crime, drugs or laziness. He didn’t abandon his kids, break the law, or milk the system. He worked part time jobs in college, worked very hard at his education, and stayed out of trouble. He teaches young black men to do the same and transform their life! Not be a part of the victim mentality.
Nuk, TJ, and Wayne know this reality as well, great to see their support!!

White privilege is huge lie for many of us. Dabo grew up dirt poor and worked his butt of to get ahead. He had a broken family and could have chosen a life of crime, drugs or laziness. He didn’t abandon his kids, break the law, or milk the system. He worked part time jobs in college, worked very hard at his education, and stayed out of trouble. He teaches young black men to do the same and transform their life! Not be a part of the victim mentality.
HighlevelAmazingApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

You even understanding the definition of white privilege is a lie.

I might add that he does this for ALL young men...black, brown, white, etc.

meh.....I'm not close to white. Much closer to dark brown. White is what you see from a yankee/snow bird. I have definitely been given the benefit of the doubt in many circumstances someone else may not have been given. I also wasn't blessed with God given 4.4 speed or a 36" vertical. I don't have a "natural" 33" waist and good build, I have to work my butt off for that. One of my roommates in college hardly had to crack a book to make deans list...I had to study like it was my job. I also play guitar. I play with a group of musicians that have a God given ability that makes mine look below average. I have to practice quite a bit to be half as good. A lot of those guys hear it and play it. I have to hear it over and over and over and keep working on it. I do gripe on occasion that it isn't fair. lol. I go up against a lot of folks in business that have a higher, God given IQ than mine. I compete against some women in business that look like models...How do you compete against someone that looks like that? Not even close to fair
On the flip side, I was raised by two Godly parents that loved me very much. I deal with young men and women on a daily basis that never had that. They are at a considerable disadvantage. They never had a father to teach them how to look a person in the eye and shake hands, or how to stand up straight, how to sit, how to dress, or even model how to work. I was definitely privileged in that area.

I also won't have to teach my kids where to put their hands on the steering wheel if they get pulled for speeding, to let the officer know before they reach for a wallet. That's not even close to being right. So, I can't understand what its like to be in a black man's shoes, no more than they can understand what its like to be in mine. God created everyone of us in His image, crafted each of us with different gifts and skills.

One of my favorite scriptures is Ephesians 2:10. "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

Last edited:

White privilege isn't the concept that white people all grow up rich and have easy lives. It's that far often when dealing with law enforcement, the judicial sentence, etc. They get the benefit of the doubt. White privilege is being labeled mischievous and boys being boys vs a thug. A lot of people on this board may say that Brock Turner should have gotten a lengthier sentence, but you know what he didn't.

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/demographic-differences-sentencing

That's the best use of White Privilege I've seen demonstrated. It's the privilege to gain an advantage in a situation and not acknowledge that the advantage exists..

True story.. My wife and I are at a dinner party discussing a training program she had just completed. Somehow the cost of tuition was brought up and there apparently was a significant discrepancy between the "scholarships" the school automatically extended to some students. My wife who is from out West was a little irritated but I knew what went down. The funny thing was that the students who were affected didn't know until that time that there was a difference.
So again, they received a benefit or a privilege that they didn't "EARN". They were just white at the right time.

Nuk loves Dabo but I get the idea that growing up in the Central area he is not buying into the "There is something in those hills" idea.
For example... I was born and raised in Charleston and I love my city but there are some crooked b@$+cards out there. It's not the place it's the people.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTimeTiger
i see you guys saying white folks don’t understand white privilege is. Please provide the exact definition for everyone’s understanding.....
I have countless times however I realized someone here are comfortable with their racist beliefs as Early and others. In 2020 there is this app called GOOGLE. Use it to educate yourself on the definition.

White Privilege Definition from Wikipedia--Just a starting point"

"White privilege is a social phenomenon. Although the definition of "white privilege" has been somewhat fluid, it is generally agreed to refer to the implicit or systemic advantages that white people have relative to people who are the objects of racism; it is the absence of suspicion and other negative reactions that people who are objects of racism experience.

The term is used in discussions focused on the mostly hidden benefits that white people possess in a society where racism is prevalent and whiteness is considered normal, rather than on the detriments to people who are the objects of racism. As such, most definitions and discussions of the concept use as a starting point McIntosh's metaphor of the "invisible backpack" that white people unconsciously "wear" in a society where racism is prevalent."

White privilege isn't the concept that white people all grow up rich and have easy lives. It's that far often when dealing with law enforcement, the judicial sentence, etc. They get the benefit of the doubt. White privilege is being labeled mischievous and boys being boys vs a thug. A lot of people on this board may say that Brock Turner should have gotten a lengthier sentence, but you know what he didn't.

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/demographic-differences-sentencing
He didn't get off easy because he's white, he got off easy because his family has green...just like OJ.

This is spot on. Was going to post about the same topic, how sentencing and the criminal justice / court system in general treats black people (all minorities to an extent) different & harsher than white people. This is a significant part of the systemic racism and oppression that is being fought here at this time.

- It's absolutely insane that for the same criminal charge (one that likely results in jail time), a black man gets a sentence that is on average 19% longer than a white man.

- In situations where sentences or charges can be reduced, for the same crime white men are far more likely to get their sentence reduced, and when they do get reductions, those reductions are far greater than the ones black men receive for the same crime.

- In law school, sadly one of the first things we learn, just by observing case law and statistics, is that two groups of people are screwed in our legal and prison systems...poor people and minorities (especially black people).

- It's a topic for another day, but if you really study the history of the "War on Drugs" and the various "3 strikes" laws that were put in place in the 80's, you'll see that those were not implemented for good reasons. The impact that both had on the black community was devastating. For 3 strikes, you have states where there are people still serving 50+ year sentences for getting 3 small-amount marijuana charges.

- As a white guy, I have never once:
a) feared for my life when getting pulled over by the police for anything minor, or
b) walked down the street with a group of my friends, only to have people in front of us, or walking towards us, cross the street or duck into a store pretending to shop because they were scared of us based on our skin color, clothing, etc

Last edited:
aaaaaaaaaand just like that .... Earle derails a great positive thread.....

Honest question. Do you think Dabo would be where he is now if not white?

Looks like the "media" is hitting up every ex player looking for negative quotes on Clemson.
What “Media”/Boogeyman solicited these former player response? It appears to me these former players responded on their Own, please prove me wrong, irt the “Players In This Post”, Please!

Ask Clarence Thomas. Of course the media despises minorities that dare be conservative. Once you leave that democratic plantation, you’re the enemy.

What is wrong with Earle’s post? I’m starting to question whether anything makes sense to me, so please explain.
  1. Nothing in this thread before his post was about white privilege.
  2. It is a complete flaw in logic to conclude that DJ, Gallman or Hopkins agree with Earl's stance on the topic of white privilege
  3. What he wrote about Dabo has nothing to do with what white privilege is as a concept. He clearly does not understand what it is.

Last edited:
T
This is an Outstanding Question that No One can truly answer beyond personal perspective! Thus my answer, based on personal perspective is no; because he would not have been allowed the opportunity, because of the color of his skin!

I will ask; how many People like Dabo, that grew up In Alabama, With Dabo life Obstacles, Were Not Afforded the same opportunity to succeed because of the color of their skin? For example how many Black Players were given the opportunity to walk on @ UA during this period, or how many scholarship Black Players were given the opportunity to have their mom move in his dorm room because of life obstacles etc...

Now another question is have I or anyone I know been denied opportunities because off the color of their skin? Answer, personally Many times; others, History say Yes & unfortunately it continues Today!

Again, what a wonderful question!

1. Nothing about in this thread before his post was about white privilege.
  2. It is a complete flaw in logic to conclude that DJ, Gallman or Hopkins agree with Earl stance on the topic of white privilege
  3. What he wrote about Dabo has nothing to do with what white privilege is as a concept. He clearly does not understand what it is.
Were you crying while you typed this?

Reactions: Earle36
T

This is an Outstanding Question that No One can truly answer beyond personal perspective! Thus my answer, based on personal perspective is no; because he would not have been allowed the opportunity, because of the color of his skin!

I will ask; how many People like Dabo, that grew up In Alabama, With Dabo life Obstacles, Were Not Afforded the same opportunity to succeed because of the color of their skin? For example how many Black Players were given the opportunity to walk on @ UA during this period, or how many scholarship Black Players were given the opportunity to have their mom move in his dorm room because of life obstacles etc...

Now another question is have I or anyone I know been denied opportunities because off the color of their skin? Answer, personally Many times; others, History say Yes & unfortunately it continues Today!

Again, what a wonderful question!
Agreed with the bold. Disagree with the hypothetical black dabo. dang that sounds silly. Don't think he would have been stopped regardless....he could have been dabo bin laden and he would have succeeded imo. I do also see minorities, especially bidding government contracts, that have a huge advantage over caucasians peeps. In other words, the caucasians are at a significant disadvantage bidding these contracts because the color of their skin.
I understand why the government is doing that. The world goes round

i see you guys saying white folks don’t understand white privilege is. Please provide the exact definition for everyone’s understanding.....
Please note I am responding for rhetorical responses, meaning ask yourself!
1. Your company is seeking to hire someone in an executive position. In walks 2 people; 1 white & 1 black; what is “Your Initial” reaction & how does this affect your decision?
2. Your lovely daughter comes home from college, with her walks A Black Man, she tells you they are dating! What is “Your Initial” reaction?
3. Does Our Legal System treat everyone in this country the same for a getting caught with a dime bag of marijuana?

Reactions: Impala64Tiger
I personally could use some privilege. Anyone know where we are supposed to get it because nobody told me. I want my privilege reparations.

Agreed with the bold. Disagree with the hypothetical black dabo. dang that sounds silly. Don't think he would have been stopped regardless....he could have been dabo bin laden and he would have succeeded imo. I do also see minorities, especially bidding government contracts, that have a huge advantage over caucasians peeps. In other words, the caucasians are at a significant disadvantage bidding these contracts because the color of their skin.
I understand why the government is doing that. The world goes round
Your Opinion is acknowledged, but I would refrain from placing my silly or personal opinion on your experiences! However, I will acknowledge that you believe UofA & Southern Predominantly White Colleges Have Always Given Equal Treatment to Black Student Athletes! Because as you stated my “Black Dabo” treatment “Dang That Sounds Silly” in the US! History begs to differ, but your opinion is respected!

Reactions: Da Swami
I have countless times however I realized someone here are comfortable with their racist beliefs as Early and others. In 2020 there is this app called GOOGLE. Use it to educate yourself on the definition.

Being there is such a wide swath of differing opinions of what exactly it is.....I figured I would ask folks in the know like yourself, but I don’t get a rational answer I get told to google and educate myself....got it bro.

Reactions: Da Swami
Your Opinion is acknowledged, but I would refrain from placing my silly or personal opinion on your experiences! However, I will acknowledge that you believe UofA & Southern Predominantly White Colleges Have Always Given Equal Treatment to Black Student Athletes! Because as you stated my “Black Dabo” treatment “Dang That Sounds Silly” in the US! History begs to differ, but your opinion is respected!
Me saying the black dabo hypothetical sounded silly. Thanks IMB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT