ADVERTISEMENT

Trump announces plan to 'dismantle the deep state'

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
LOVE IT!!

"This is how I will shatter the deep state and restore government that is controlled by the people and for the people," he declared.

By Ben Whedon
Updated: March 21, 2023 - 5:12pm
Ahead of a prospective arrest on Tuesday, former President Donald Trump posted a plan to take on the "deep state," a supposed cabal of anti-Trump federal officials working against his political agenda.
Trump's 10-point plan largely addresses pervasive internal issues that plagued his first administration, such as leaking and bureaucratic intransigence.

First among his points was a vow to reissue a 2020 executive order "restoring the president's authority to remove rogue bureaucrats," a power he promised to wield "very aggressively."
He further vowed to "clean out all of the corrupt actors in our national security and intelligence apparatus, and there are plenty of them. The departments and agencies that have been weaponized will be completely overhauled so that faceless bureaucrats will never again be able to target and persecute conservatives, Christians, or the left's political enemies."

Third, he vowed to reform (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) FISA courts, which he maligned as corrupt and lamented that the judges were seemingly indifferent to the facts when addressing warrant applications. The FBI secured a FISA warrant to spy on former Trump aide Carter Page in 2016, which later faced legal challenges.

Trump then vowed to expose the "hoaxes and abuses of power" by establishing a Truth and Reconciliation commission to declassify documents related to deep state espionage and censorship.

His fifth pledge included a crackdown on government leakers. "When possible, we will press criminal charges," he said.
He then proposed making all inspector general offices fully independent from the departments they oversee "so they do not become the protectors of the deep state."

Seventh, Trump said he would ask Congress to create an auditing system to "continually monitor" intelligence agencies to ensure those agencies were not acting improperly.

Trump's eighth pledge was to relocate additional federal agencies "outside the Washington swamp," suggesting up to 100,000 federal jobs could be relocated to areas filled with "patriots."

Ninth, he vowed to forbid federal bureaucrats from taking jobs at companies they regulate.

His final pledge was proposing a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress.
"This is how I will shatter the deep state and restore government that is controlled by the people and for the people," he declared.
Ben Whedon is an editor and reporter for Just the News. Follow him on Twitter.

LOVE IT!!

By Ben Whedon
Ahead of a prospective arrest on Tuesday, former President Donald Trump posted a plan to take on the "deep state," a supposed cabal of anti-Trump federal officials working against his political agenda.
Trump's 10-point plan largely addresses pervasive internal issues that plagued his first administration, such as leaking and bureaucratic intransigence.

First among his points was a vow to reissue a 2020 executive order "restoring the president's authority to remove rogue bureaucrats," a power he promised to wield "very aggressively."
He further vowed to "clean out all of the corrupt actors in our national security and intelligence apparatus, and there are plenty of them. The departments and agencies that have been weaponized will be completely overhauled so that faceless bureaucrats will never again be able to target and persecute conservatives, Christians, or the left's political enemies."

Third, he vowed to reform (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) FISA courts, which he maligned as corrupt and lamented that the judges were seemingly indifferent to the facts when addressing warrant applications. The FBI secured a FISA warrant to spy on former Trump aide Carter Page in 2016, which later faced legal challenges.

Trump then vowed to expose the "hoaxes and abuses of power" by establishing a Truth and Reconciliation commission to declassify documents related to deep state espionage and censorship.

His fifth pledge included a crackdown on government leakers. "When possible, we will press criminal charges," he said.
He then proposed making all inspector general offices fully independent from the departments they oversee "so they do not become the protectors of the deep state."

Seventh, Trump said he would ask Congress to create an auditing system to "continually monitor" intelligence agencies to ensure those agencies were not acting improperly.

Trump's eighth pledge was to relocate additional federal agencies "outside the Washington swamp," suggesting up to 100,000 federal jobs could be relocated to areas filled with "patriots."

Ninth, he vowed to forbid federal bureaucrats from taking jobs at companies they regulate.

His final pledge was proposing a constitutional amendment to impose term limits on Congress.

So more promises that he has no plan of how to inact, I seem to remember something about repealing and replacing something. Also seems to remember that he was going to release a Healthcare plan...

Plus he already had a chance and somehow only hired more swamp people than were in there before. He already said he’d drain the swamp and didn’t. But this time. This time he’ll really do it.

And they say his supporters aren’t morons.
Dayum...you and your streams of unconsciousness!! LOL!! Can I have your autograph?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Fr0wy_GXsAUL-zK

Dayum...you and your streams of unconsciousness!! LOL!! Can I have your autograph?
Change tact. We’re talking about my team. Deflect deflect. Let me make it easier. Answer these three yes or no.

Did he say he would drain the swamp?

Did he hire and fire more people for incompetence than any president in history?

Is the swamp drained?

Change tact. We’re talking about my team. Deflect deflect. Let me make it easier. Answer these three yes or no.

Did he say he would drain the swamp?

Did he hire and fire more people for incompetence than any president in history?

Is the swamp drained?
Dude... Trump is so full of shit, he squeaks going into a turn. I remember when he made fun of Obama for playing too much golf and saying he'd just be in the Oval office working? Yet he played more golf in 4 years than Obama did AND he had a golf simulator put in the White House.

LOVE IT!!

By Ben Whedon

So we take the immense power of our permanent government class and replace it with another group with immense power to dictate who gets to do what? How is that progress? He wants a truth and reconciliation committee? And who says the committee he appoints is the bearer of the truth? Sounds to me like he wants to take the power from those who have it now and transfer it to people who support his views. That's not really helping much.

What needs to be said is the following:

The office of the Presidency is far too powerful. We will take actions to realign the power of this office to its originally intended role. The President is not a king. We will end the SOTU address immediately and the President will return to providing an annual update to Congress via a letter.

We will work with Congress to shrink the federal government by 80%. We will adopt a fair system of taxation and remove the means by which members of each political party try to use the tax code to favor their preferred businesses. The government will work to restore a system close to the Bretton Woods system for monetary policy which will reinforce our currency and get spending under control. The role of government in the lives of Americans will be reduced dramatically so that the power resides with the people, not with the government.

I could go on and on but I'm sure people get the point. In this case, A LOT LESS is a great deal more for the people of the United States.

We will work with Congress to shrink the federal government by 80%. We will adopt a fair system of taxation and remove the means by which members of each political party try to use the tax code to favor their preferred businesses. The government will work to restore a system close to the Bretton Woods system for monetary policy which will reinforce our currency and get spending under control. The role of government in the lives of Americans will be reduced dramatically so that the power resides with the people, not with the government.

I could go on and on but I'm sure people get the point. In this case, A LOT LESS is a great deal more for the people of the United States.

I think you mean well when you say reduce the size of the federal government, but 80%?

This link (USA) will give you a list of all the U.S. Government Departments and Agencies. Take a few minutes to peruse the list and tell me how you reduce this by 80% and make it better for Americans?

Who will run our National parks? Do we cut all Veterans medical benefits when we abolish the VA? How do we manage our nuclear weapon arsenal and continue Cold War clean-up without funding the Department of Energy or Department of Defense? Who regulates our environmental stewardship with no EPA or our food supply if we abolish the FDA? Who insures our money without a FDIC? I guess we shutdown the Smithsonian and stop tours of all our DC monuments. Who checks you for contraband before loading an airplane? How do we pay or support our military? Do us younger people just forget Social Security? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.....

Look, I'll admit as someone who is a contractor on federal property that we could definitely be more efficient and I'm sure that's the case with many government agencies. But this belief that the federal government is some big, bad organization that just wants to control our lives and steals all our happiness is just a Republican talking point that completely ignores the benefits in ALL of our lives that it provides.

The federal government isn't just DC and the two political parties constantly fighting. It is millions of jobs for middle-class Americans in all 50 states providing a service to their neighbors, whether seen or not. It being reduced by 80% (your number) would destroy the economy and create total anarchy. We all agree that Congress could do a better job with handling the budget, but that's another topic and not what you were clamoring for in your OP.

I think you mean well when you say reduce the size of the federal government, but 80%?

This link (USA) will give you a list of all the U.S. Government Departments and Agencies. Take a few minutes to peruse the list and tell me how you reduce this by 80% and make it better for Americans?

Who will run our National parks? Do we cut all Veterans medical benefits when we abolish the VA? How do we manage our nuclear weapon arsenal and continue Cold War clean-up without funding the Department of Energy or Department of Defense? Who regulates our environmental stewardship with no EPA or our food supply if we abolish the FDA? Who insures our money without a FDIC? I guess we shutdown the Smithsonian and stop tours of all our DC monuments. Who checks you for contraband before loading an airplane? How do we pay or support our military? Do us younger people just forget Social Security? Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.....

Look, I'll admit as someone who is a contractor on federal property that we could definitely be more efficient and I'm sure that's the case with many government agencies. But this belief that the federal government is some big, bad organization that just wants to control our lives and steals all our happiness is just a Republican talking point that completely ignores the benefits in ALL of our lives that it provides.

The federal government isn't just DC and the two political parties constantly fighting. It is millions of jobs for middle-class Americans in all 50 states providing a service to their neighbors, whether seen or not. It being reduced by 80% (your number) would destroy the economy and create total anarchy. We all agree that Congress could do a better job with handling the budget, but that's another topic and not what you were clamoring for in your OP.

Here's a list of some things I would remove:

-Dissolve Department of Education. We don't need national involvement in Education.
-Completely revamp all other departments as there is too much overlap. Example would be FDA, Dept. of Agriculture, CDC, etc. all have roles in food safety. There should be one agency that deals with food and that agency should not be beholden to the small number of huge companies that control much of our food supply. We could get rid of a lot government fat there.
-Go to a simple tax system with flat taxes and no corp tax system. Totally dissolve the IRS.
-Merge our financial services enforcement with Dept of Justice, etc. Restructure FBI. We could cut a lot of fat here
-Restructure and greatly shrink the Dept. of Defense and create an very strong auditing process for the enormous number of contractors and corruption in the bid process for military hardware, etc. What we have now is a quagmire of corruption and waste.
-Merge Dept. of Energy and EPA to help facilitate sensible and protective energy policy that doesn't destroy our environment. They should not be separate because one works against the other and does so poorly. We need a coherent national energy policy because that is one thing that is absolutely a matter of our national security.
-Sell the USPS to private entity
-Cease offering pensions to federal employees immediately
-Cease offering pensions to elected representatives
-Individualize SS with a hybrid system that upholds current guarantees and insures results for future generations as well. Then we could shrink SSA

No we don't need to get rid of the FDIC (which we're not really using right now) and the parks (which employs less than 30,000 people ). Those are small things. A general rule for government should be it provides oversight and regulation where needed. It does NOTHING in terms of implementation or provision outside of its Constitutional duties to provide for our defense.

Life doesn't have to be so complicated. The more complicated things are the more there is a need for more people involved in the process. That's why things are always getting more complicated. Simple is better and more efficient.

Here's a list of some things I would remove:

-Dissolve Department of Education. We don't need national involvement in Education.
-Completely revamp all other departments as there is too much overlap. Example would be FDA, Dept. of Agriculture, CDC, etc. all have roles in food safety. There should be one agency that deals with food and that agency should not be beholden to the small number of huge companies that control much of our food supply. We could get rid of a lot government fat there.
-Go to a simple tax system with flat taxes and no corp tax system. Totally dissolve the IRS.
-Merge our financial services enforcement with Dept of Justice, etc. Restructure FBI. We could cut a lot of fat here
-Restructure and greatly shrink the Dept. of Defense and create an very strong auditing process for the enormous number of contractors and corruption in the bid process for military hardware, etc. What we have now is a quagmire of corruption and waste.
-Merge Dept. of Energy and EPA to help facilitate sensible and protective energy policy that doesn't destroy our environment. They should not be separate because one works against the other and does so poorly. We need a coherent national energy policy because that is one thing that is absolutely a matter of our national security.
-Sell the USPS to private entity
-Cease offering pensions to federal employees immediately
-Cease offering pensions to elected representatives
-Individualize SS with a hybrid system that upholds current guarantees and insures results for future generations as well. Then we could shrink SSA

No we don't need to get rid of the FDIC (which we're not really using right now) and the parks (which employs less than 30,000 people ). Those are small things. A general rule for government should be it provides oversight and regulation where needed. It does NOTHING in terms of implementation or provision outside of its Constitutional duties to provide for our defense.

Life doesn't have to be so complicated. The more complicated things are the more there is a need for more people involved in the process. That's why things are always getting more complicated. Simple is better and more efficient.

If we do away with the Department of Education we will just shift the tax burden and employees to state governments. The federal DOE is the biggest source of funding for local education, far, far more than local governments provide.

Basically robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If we do away with the Department of Education we will just shift the tax burden and employees to state governments. The federal DOE is the biggest source of funding for local education, far, far more than local governments provide.

Basically robbing Peter to pay Paul.

That works for me. No federal anything related to education.

Only the people can get rid of the deep state. And they don't want too , they like it.
Biden, Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer...
How many years of government do these 4 people have? Over a 100? And still they win elections?

Hate to say it but this pretty well sums up what I heard as well. No thank you!
Very broad brush is used when Trump speaks, and that is probably an understatement.
I used to work with an engineer who I personally did not care for. He used language I did not think was fit and he sometimes came across as a pure AH. I would go on, but most of you get the picture. This guy taught me more about my niche of engineering than anyone else. He had some over the top ideas, but usually what he was going for was spot on. We didn't always use his approach, but we almost always used his ideas. He made the company a lot, and I mean a lot of money. The ideas he brought to the table were ignored by some, and those would never give his ideas praise when they almost always worked.

This is a true story and since, I have always viewed people in a different light after my 5-year dealings with that man.

That works for me. No federal anything related to education.

These will always be a fundamental difference between us, probably just like it was with our founding fathers Hamilton and Jefferson. I believe that we need certain things to be federal to insure consistency state to state. You probably disagree.

Reactions: fcctiger12
Very broad brush is used when Trump speaks, and that is probably an understatement.
I used to work with an engineer who I personally did not care for. He used language I did not think was fit and he sometimes came across as a pure AH. I would go on, but most of you get the picture. This guy taught me more about my niche of engineering than anyone else. He had some over the top ideas, but usually what he was going for was spot on. We didn't always use his approach, but we almost always used his ideas. He made the company a lot, and I mean a lot of money. The ideas he brought to the table were ignored by some, and those would never give his ideas praise when they almost always worked.

This is a true story and since, I have always viewed people in a different light after my 5-year dealings with that man.

The trouble with this in relation to Trump is he doesn't actually have any ideas. He loves to throw out the statements that he knows excites his base, but he doesn't have the experience, the knowledge, or quite frankly the intellectual engagement to understand these issues.

He says stuff like ," we will build a wall and make Mexico pay for it". We should have all known that wouldn't happen, couldn't really happen, but he said it anyway and dumbasses ate it up since it feeds the anger and frankly a little bit of racism they have.

He kept saying he would "repeal and replace Obamacare". But when push came to shove he had no plan to replace it with.

These will always be a fundamental difference between us, probably just like it was with our founding fathers Hamilton and Jefferson. I believe that we need certain things to be federal to insure consistency state to state. You probably disagree.

I also believe that there are things which need to be federal but education is not one of them. The educational needs of children in various areas of the country are not the same. We wish to achieve the same result in terms of having prepared adults who are ready to tackle life but the place that they start at and what we need to do to help them get to that point is entirely different depending on their circumstances. We don't need a federal funding apparatus that further clouds how much things cost. There should be a single source for education funding along with total transparency as to the costs and it shouldn't be property taxes because that creates massive inequities.

Most people want to fix things based on where we are now but almost all the solutions that I've been able to come up with and my thoughts over the problems we are facing deal with going all the way back to the beginning and stripping it down to the foundation and starting over to rebuild something that will stand the test of these times and the times to come hopefully. But the world has changed dramatically and we need to recognize that and address the critical failures that we see everywhere in our society. Especially when it pertains to education.

I also believe that there are things which need to be federal but education is not one of them. The educational needs of children in various areas of the country are not the same. We wish to achieve the same result in terms of having prepared adults who are ready to tackle life but the place that they start at and what we need to do to help them get to that point is entirely different depending on their circumstances. We don't need a federal funding apparatus that further clouds how much things cost. There should be a single source for education funding along with total transparency as to the costs and it shouldn't be property taxes because that creates massive inequities.

Most people want to fix things based on where we are now but almost all the solutions that I've been able to come up with and my thoughts over the problems we are facing deal with going all the way back to the beginning and stripping it down to the foundation and starting over to rebuild something that will stand the test of these times and the times to come hopefully. But the world has changed dramatically and we need to recognize that and address the critical failures that we see everywhere in our society. Especially when it pertains to education.
States are already setting their own curricula, no?

Is the deep state basically anyone who isn't kissing his ass???

I don't know about that but don't you recognize that there is absolutely a permanent apparatus in place with respect to our government that will protect itself at all costs from any threat to its long-term well-being? Does the reality that many of the richest counties in the United States are the ones that circle Washington DC not bother you? That's just not how it was supposed to be.

States are already setting their own curricula, no?

To a degree yes. But based on certain federal mandates and that began with a Republican president believe it or not. The no child Left behind program established a tie between federal funds and education systems meeting certain benchmarks and teaching certain things. I fundamentally disagree with that on every level you could imagine.

Reactions: PAWrocka
The trouble with this in relation to Trump is he doesn't actually have any ideas. He loves to throw out the statements that he knows excites his base, but he doesn't have the experience, the knowledge, or quite frankly the intellectual engagement to understand these issues.

He says stuff like ," we will build a wall and make Mexico pay for it". We should have all known that wouldn't happen, couldn't really happen, but he said it anyway and dumbasses ate it up since it feeds the anger and frankly a little bit of racism they have.

He kept saying he would "repeal and replace Obamacare". But when push came to shove he had no plan to replace it with.
I tend to disagree. I believe he laid out the plan for the covid crisis and getting a vaccine. I think ideas of the wall are great. Making china pay for it, probably over the top. I think other ideas of his can be used. You're right in that he probably does not have the experience in how to carry out some or most, but some of his ideas and even his approaches would not have and have never been thought of because we are in a rut as a goverment. We have too many who like the way it's been done.

Don't just throw his ideas a cast, just because you don't like the man. Ideas/dreams can be over the top. Figure them out. Think outside the box.

I don't know about that but don't you recognize that there is absolutely a permanent apparatus in place with respect to our government that will protect itself at all costs from any threat to its long-term well-being? Does the reality that many of the richest counties in the United States are the ones that circle Washington DC not bother you? That's just not how it was supposed to be.

I agree, but I also don't think it's bad that we have people with experience in many of these roles who continue to work in things such as Intelligence who have some longevity and keep some stability inspite of changes in the President for example.

Not particularly. It's the capital of the richest nation on Earth. You're going to have a lot of highly educated people and large businesses there.

To a degree yes. But based on certain federal mandates and that began with a Republican president believe it or not. The no child Left behind program established a tie between federal funds and education systems meeting certain benchmarks and teaching certain things. I fundamentally disagree with that on every level you could imagine.
Understood, so what's something that the federal government mandates to be taught that you disagree with?

Reactions: yoshi121374
I tend to disagree. I believe he laid out the plan for the covid crisis and getting a vaccine. I think ideas of the wall are great. Making china pay for it, probably over the top. I think other ideas of his can be used. You're right in that he probably does not have the experience in how to carry out some or most, but some of his ideas and even his approaches would not have and have never been thought of because we are in a rut as a goverment. We have too many who like the way it's been done.

Don't just throw his ideas a cast, just because you don't like the man. Ideas/dreams can be over the top. Figure them out. Think outside the box.
Hard to execute ideas when you've tied your political career to waging war against the "deep state/swamp" and thereby scare away/fire/demonize the technocrat types that you need to implement policy.

LOVE IT!!

By Ben Whedon

Bottom line here is that Trump isn't going to do shit. When he came into office he had majorities in the HoR AND the Senate. He did get tax cuts for the rich and TEMPORARY tax cuts for the middle class, but the man couldn't even get Obama Care revoked.

Something EVERY Republican campaigned on... because ideas aside (and IMHO, all his ideas aren't bad). Trump's got a mouth on him and that mouth runs ALL THE TIME. It doesn't help him in a lot of cases. In this case he went out of his way to piss off John McCain... a member of his own party. It served no purpose at the time and sure enough, he NEEDED McCain to cast the deciding vote... but his mouth burned that bridge.

Right now he'd need EVERY Republican vote plus some Dems to get anything done. What do you think his chances are after spending years calling moderate Republicans RINOs and Dems traitors?

Hard to execute ideas when you've tied your political career to waging war against the "deep state/swamp" and thereby scare away/fire/demonize the technocrat types that you need to implement policy.
Agreed, but this was not at all the case in his first presidency. There are those that pushed him to this point and those that will push others to this point!

Understood, so what's something that the federal government mandates to be taught that you disagree with?

It's not necessarily that they mandate things to be taught. They actually are not permitted directly at least to control curriculum in schools at the state level. However, they can tie funding to performance at schools and they can also work through their equal access to education/civil rights wing to control certain things that are taught or not taught in schools.

That's their website and I pretty much disagree with the federal government controlling almost all of that except for the part about equal access to education which I think is an imperative. But that can be handled from the state level rather than being part of some additional federal apparatus that employs over 4,400 people.

The thing I would say with my views is not so much that I get upset about specific things but rather I tend to dial in on the potential for bad or the purpose behind something ahead of something actually terrible happening.

There is a lot with the department of education that could go wrong and that is why I don't want her around plus it is fundamentally failed and its mission since it's inception so that alone dictates that we should look for another path. I just don't like the idea of federal dollars being filtered down to a program that is fundamentally done at the state level. Why do we need that extra step?

We could have applied civil rights laws and worked through the states in our continuing attempts to foster equality. There was a time when you could certainly understand that there might be a need for some federal pressure because there were states that just didn't want to go along with integration and put in place as many obstacles as they could find to progress for certain racial groups in our country. It would be idiotic to not acknowledge that that was a reality for quite some time until far too recently in our history. But, as with most things the government does the best of intentions are always present at the inception of something and we end up with some massive apparatus in the end that is unwieldy and doesn't accomplish its originally intended purpose.

I agree, but I also don't think it's bad that we have people with experience in many of these roles who continue to work in things such as Intelligence who have some longevity and keep some stability inspite of changes in the President for example.

There's absolutely a need for some of that. It's a very complex world and we need people who are extremely educated on the issues to help us make the best decisions possible. Expertise is important and an understanding of history and past mistakes is also important. But I think we have something that exists well beyond those boundaries. We're talking about an enormous amount of fat and millions and millions of extra people working for the government. I'm in favor of shrinking that dramatically to a barebones level.

There are those on my side of the fence who think that this will somehow saw our budget problems but it won't even come close. This for me is more about the role of government than it is about restoring physical sanity. That's a whole separate argument that's going to require tremendous sacrifice and shared pain by everybody in this country in order to fix. It'll also require a lot of very complex unwinding of a number of policies and procedures that we have in place which have demonstrated they are no longer productive options for us to pursue.

It's not necessarily that they mandate things to be taught. They actually are not permitted directly at least to control curriculum in schools at the state level. However, they can tie funding to performance at schools and they can also work through their equal access to education/civil rights wing to control certain things that are taught or not taught in schools.

That's their website and I pretty much disagree with the federal government controlling almost all of that except for the part about equal access to education which I think is an imperative. But that can be handled from the state level rather than being part of some additional federal apparatus that employs over 4,400 people.

The thing I would say with my views is not so much that I get upset about specific things but rather I tend to dial in on the potential for bad or the purpose behind something ahead of something actually terrible happening.

There is a lot with the department of education that could go wrong and that is why I don't want her around plus it is fundamentally failed and its mission since it's inception so that alone dictates that we should look for another path. I just don't like the idea of federal dollars being filtered down to a program that is fundamentally done at the state level. Why do we need that extra step?

We could have applied civil rights laws and worked through the states in our continuing attempts to foster equality. There was a time when you could certainly understand that there might be a need for some federal pressure because there were states that just didn't want to go along with integration and put in place as many obstacles as they could find to progress for certain racial groups in our country. It would be idiotic to not acknowledge that that was a reality for quite some time until far too recently in our history. But, as with most things the government does the best of intentions are always present at the inception of something and we end up with some massive apparatus in the end that is unwieldy and doesn't accomplish its originally intended purpose.
Yeah the first bullet point is talking about financial aid for higher education, which I think is broken (we probably agree there).

The federal government's role/power is a consequence of its money. States like SC, MS, AR, etc. need it. You can suggest shifting the responsibility back the states, but a lot of states are simply incapable of funding what they'd like to.

Yeah the first bullet point is talking about financial aid for higher education, which I think is broken (we probably agree there).

The federal government's role/power is a consequence of its money. States like SC, MS, AR, etc. need it. You can suggest shifting the responsibility back the states, but a lot of states are simply incapable of funding what they'd like to.

What is ironic to me is that the states that need federal support the most financially are the same states that consistently vote against federal programs. The red states are the poorest typically.

Hell of a campaign agenda huh? Elect me and I'll fvck sh*t up!

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT