ADVERTISEMENT

trump is setting us up for a massive recession

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/21/goldman-sachs-the-fiscal-outlook-for-the-us-is-not-good.html

Just like his biz ventures, he’s spending recklessly while having no clue where the ROI is. Enjoy your tax cuts in the short term because someone is going to have to dig us out of a massive hole.

As you all know, I'm no Trump fan. But I don't see this. He's acting like every President since Bill Clinton and like most since Ike. I give Clinton props for balancing the budget (with the help of a Republican controlled congress). He's spending money that the US doesn't have, just like every other guy that's been there.

Plus, if there's a recession on Trump's watch, it will OBVIOUSLY not be his fault. Thanks Obama.

As you all know, I'm no Trump fan. But I don't see this. He's acting like every President since Bill Clinton and like most since Ike. I give Clinton props for balancing the budget (with the help of a Republican controlled congress). He's spending money that the US doesn't have, just like every other guy that's been there.

Plus, if there's a recession on Trump's watch, it will OBVIOUSLY not be his fault. Thanks Obama.
Disagree totally. His reinstating sanctions against Iran have spiked oil prices, and the trade war has raised prices of consumer goods. Inflation is rapidly rising as is debt and consumers are exporting more money to oil producing nations. The fed will have to raise rates faster as a result. His decisions are disasterous.

Disagree totally. His reinstating sanctions against Iran have spiked oil prices, and the trade war has raised prices of consumer goods. Inflation is rapidly rising as is debt and consumers are exporting more money to oil producing nations. The fed will have to raise rates faster as a result. His decisions are disasterous.

We'll see. I'm certainly no economic expert. But you KNOW that it won't be his fault right? The Trumpians on here are quick to praise him for anything, but like Trump himself, they aren't going to blame him for anything. I hope you are wrong and that the economy continues to do well... It's not worth it to me for Trump to be wrong and the whole country suffer for it. I'd rather be wrong about him and have to eat a little crow.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
I wouldn't expect anything less from GS. They were always in Hillary's back pocket, or vice versa.
Lol!!!! Where did Mnuchin work? How about Bannon? Or Gary Cohn? Or Jim Donovan? Or Jay Clayton?

Next time do some research before forming an opinion.

Reactions: marshmk
Lol!!!! Where did Mnuchin work? How about Bannon? Or Gary Cohn? Or Jim Donovan? Or Jay Clayton?

Next time do some research before forming an opinion.
How many times do I have to say: "This has nothing to do with dems vs repubs" ?

How many "speeches" did Hillary give there and how much was she paid. How much did GS give the Clinton Foundation? Hillary always railed against big investments firms in public, but what was actually happening? My research is just fine, thanks for your concern.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/25/us/politics/bill-hillary-clinton-goldman-sachs.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/31/...bers-for-bill-hillary-clinton-foundation.html

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect anything less from GS. They were always in Hillary's back pocket, or vice versa.
I miss when conservatives were conservative with spending. You have 2 types of politicians now: liberal spenders with liberal social views, and liberal spenders with conservative social views.

Reactions: Dackel
I miss when conservatives were conservative with spending. You have 2 types of politicians now: liberal spenders with liberal social views, and liberal spenders with conservative social views.

Truth^^^and both sides are full of swamp rats. Trump accepted that last Omnibus bill only because he desperately needed the military funding. He'll drain this Swamp shortly, at least on the rebub side. Look at how many rebubs are either retiring or not running for re-election.

Truth^^^and both sides are full of swamp rats. Trump accepted that last Omnibus bill only because he desperately needed the military funding. He'll drain this Swamp shortly, at least on the rebub side. Look at how many rebubs are either retiring or not running for re-election.

LMAO! Trump only accepted the Omnibus bill b/c of <insert reason here> . What a LOAD OF CRAP. Trump is just as bad as any of the others. Isn't he the best deal maker in the world? Isn't he the smartest? Isn't he the best? All that's true b/c Trump told you so, right? So now you are saying that that Trump can't even get a decent spending bill through congress when his own party has a majority in the Senate and the House? And yeah, his guys are draining the swamp and replacing it with a marsh...

LMAO! Trump only accepted the Omnibus bill b/c of <insert reason here> . What a LOAD OF CRAP. Trump is just as bad as any of the others. Isn't he the best deal maker in the world? Isn't he the smartest? Isn't he the best? All that's true b/c Trump told you so, right? So now you are saying that that Trump can't even get a decent spending bill through congress when his own party has a majority in the Senate and the House? And yeah, his guys are draining the swamp and replacing it with a marsh...

Number one. There are plenty of rebubs in congress who aren't Trump's guys. Trump is sort of a third party candidate who ran as a repub. He's draining rebubs out also.
Trump said that was the reason he accepted the last Omnibus package.(needed the military spending) He's been trying to undo some of the other spending appropriated in that bill since. You forget that Obama decimated the military. Trump has to build it back.
He is the best deal maker we've seen since Reagan. The proof is in the pudding. He's effectively undone every piece of bs that Obama put on this country already.
Why are you so triggered? Can't you see the good things he's doing? He's the only politician since reagan to actually do what he said he would do; if elected. Didn't he just end Dodd/Frank?

8c4845ebaa1495fd64c88c399018f8f44d4f13ca988b977c148f7141e077af05.jpg

Number one. There are plenty of rebubs in congress who aren't Trump's guys. Trump is sort of a third party candidate who ran as a repub. He's draining rebubs out also.
Trump said that was the reason he accepted the last Omnibus package.(needed the military spending) He's been trying to undo some of the other spending appropriated in that bill since. You forget that Obama decimated the military. Trump has to build it back.
He is the best deal maker we've seen since Reagan. The proof is in the pudding. He's effectively undone every piece of bs that Obama put on this country already.
Why are you so triggered? Can't you see the good things he's doing? He's the only politician since reagan to actually do what he said he would do; if elected. Didn't he just end Dodd/Frank?

8c4845ebaa1495fd64c88c399018f8f44d4f13ca988b977c148f7141e077af05.jpg

Sure he's great at undoing... Ended Dodd/Frank, wants to pull us out of NAFTA, pulled us out of the Iran deal, pulled us out of the Paris agreement. A monkey can do that. Where are the deals? What international deal has he made? He's unilaterally imposed tarrifs with mixed results (It seemed to work on China for sure) Where's peace in the middle east (guess Jared is still working on that one)? Where's the border wall? Why is Obama care still around? Where's the infrastructure plan. The only DEAL he's made is Tax Reform and the Republicans were all about that one, so he didn't have to do much convincing. Otherwise, everything he's done has been HIM doing it.

And I'm not saying he hasn't done some good things, he has. I think he's done a good job with Korea and China... jury's still out, but at least we are moving in the right direction. The above deals he pulled us out of aren't necessarily mistakes on his part. What I'm saying is that he hasn't gotten the tough stuff done. You know, the stuff that you actually have to WORK with people (Republicans and Democrats) to get passed. Clinton balanced the budget with Republicans controlling congress. THAT'S deal making. What has Trump done that's even CLOSE to that. Trump can't even get shiit passed when he has majorities in both houses. Obamacare would have died for sure if Trump had just kept his mouth shut. But he can't get out of his own way, much less work with the other side.

Hell, EVERY Republican ran on eliminating Obama care and Trump can't even get his party to vote for it and not even ONE Democrat.

Like I've said over and over again, you guys are buying into a line of crap. Trump is not a terrible President (I don't like him, but that's just me). But he's FAR from the best either. He just tells you he is, and his supporters simply believe him. Just like when he said he won in the biggest landslide in recent history... He didn't. Just like when he said his White House has gotten more bills passed than any other in the first year... They haven't. Just like when you say he's the best deal maker since Reagan (who was great at it). He ISN'T. Where are the deals? He can't even hold Bill Clinton's jock on that right now.

Sure he's great at undoing... Ended Dodd/Frank, wants to pull us out of NAFTA, pulled us out of the Iran deal, pulled us out of the Paris agreement. A monkey can do that. Where are the deals? What international deal has he made? He's unilaterally imposed tarrifs with mixed results (It seemed to work on China for sure) Where's peace in the middle east (guess Jared is still working on that one)? Where's the border wall? Why is Obama care still around? Where's the infrastructure plan. The only DEAL he's made is Tax Reform and the Republicans were all about that one, so he didn't have to do much convincing. Otherwise, everything he's done has been HIM doing it.

And I'm not saying he hasn't done some good things, he has. I think he's done a good job with Korea and China... jury's still out, but at least we are moving in the right direction. The above deals he pulled us out of aren't necessarily mistakes on his part. What I'm saying is that he hasn't gotten the tough stuff done. You know, the stuff that you actually have to WORK with people (Republicans and Democrats) to get passed. Clinton balanced the budget with Republicans controlling congress. THAT'S deal making. What has Trump done that's even CLOSE to that. Trump can't even get shiit passed when he has majorities in both houses. Obamacare would have died for sure if Trump had just kept his mouth shut. But he can't get out of his own way, much less work with the other side.

Hell, EVERY Republican ran on eliminating Obama care and Trump can't even get his party to vote for it and not even ONE Democrat.

Like I've said over and over again, you guys are buying into a line of crap. Trump is not a terrible President (I don't like him, but that's just me). But he's FAR from the best either. He just tells you he is, and his supporters simply believe him. Just like when he said he won in the biggest landslide in recent history... He didn't. Just like when he said his White House has gotten more bills passed than any other in the first year... They haven't. Just like when you say he's the best deal maker since Reagan (who was great at it). He ISN'T. Where are the deals? He can't even hold Bill Clinton's jock on that right now.

Geez man, you make some decent points, but the guy has only been in office for 1.5 years, and has to fight these corrupt, politicized and weaponized intelligence agencies the whole time.
Bill Clinton was drug screaming and hollering into a balanced budget by Newt and the Contract with America after getting a shellacking in the mid-terms.
Undoing the Obama bs would have been enough for me, and he's done that, for the most part, but that's just me. He does have Swamp Rat republican that aren't helping him much in congress, but he'll never get any dem to vote for his agenda. The dems have gone totally to the dark side on everything, imo. I love how he trolls them.
I think he's doing great, so far, but the mid-terms are gonna be important.

a6b64399bd5db252fbe846cce643db7faca7edb3490265e0dafc2678084e5988.jpg

What are the “good things” he has done? I don’t understand that argument. All I see is a train wreck that is even worse than I expected.

Geez man, you make some decent points, but the guy has only been in office for 1.5 years, and has to fight these corrupt, politicized and weaponized intelligence agencies the whole time.
Bill Clinton was drug screaming and hollering into a balanced budget by Newt and the Contract with America after getting a shellacking in the mid-terms.
Undoing the Obama bs would have been enough for me, and he's done that, for the most part, but that's just me. He does have Swamp Rat republican that aren't helping him much in congress, but he'll never get any dem to vote for his agenda. The dems have gone totally to the dark side on everything, imo. I love how he trolls them.
I think he's doing great, so far, but the mid-terms are gonna be important.

a6b64399bd5db252fbe846cce643db7faca7edb3490265e0dafc2678084e5988.jpg

First of all Orange, let me thank you up front. This is absolutely the longest conversation I've had with a Trump supporter without being called a libtard snowflake whatever. That's really important. I want to bang my head against the wall when I talk to you ... and I'm sure that you feel the same about me, but when we stop yelling and start listening that's when solutions actually happen.
Although I disagree with much of what you say, I don't doubt that you want what's best for America. I hope that you feel the same about me.

That being said, I think I'm done here. I simply do not believe that the DOJ/FBI and all our intelligence agencies (that's 100s of people minimum) are corrupt and conspired tocommitted illegal acts just to get Trump. It's much more likely that Trump is being his usual POS self and blaming everyone in sight for his own faults and illegal acts. The fact you can believe a guy who lies to you all the time when he says that 100's of people are out to get him and only HE is telling the truth. I cannot get my head around that.

I also don't believe that all Republicans or all Democrats are bad (or good). To paint either political party with that brush is not reasonable. It seems to me that you feel anyone associated with the word liberal or democrat must automatically hate America and everything it stands for. In the above post, you couldn't give Bill Clinton an ounce of credit, even though he did something as President that Trump will never do... balance the budget.

I wonder what you'd say about Trump if the midterms put Dems in charge of the House and/or Senate and Trump got a bill through balancing the budget. Would you say he was drug kicking and screaming, or would you say what a great deal maker he is? The thing I can't stand (and one of the major reasons I hate Trump (and most pols)) is for one party to defend something for their guy that they raised hell about when someone on the other side of the aisle did.

Reactions: CodingTiger
First of all Orange, let me thank you up front. This is absolutely the longest conversation I've had with a Trump supporter without being called a libtard snowflake whatever. That's really important. I want to bang my head against the wall when I talk to you ... and I'm sure that you feel the same about me, but when we stop yelling and start listening that's when solutions actually happen.
Although I disagree with much of what you say, I don't doubt that you want what's best for America. I hope that you feel the same about me.

That being said, I think I'm done here. I simply do not believe that the DOJ/FBI and all our intelligence agencies (that's 100s of people minimum) are corrupt and conspired tocommitted illegal acts just to get Trump. It's much more likely that Trump is being his usual POS self and blaming everyone in sight for his own faults and illegal acts. The fact you can believe a guy who lies to you all the time when he says that 100's of people are out to get him and only HE is telling the truth. I cannot get my head around that.

I also don't believe that all Republicans or all Democrats are bad (or good). To paint either political party with that brush is not reasonable. It seems to me that you feel anyone associated with the word liberal or democrat must automatically hate America and everything it stands for. In the above post, you couldn't give Bill Clinton an ounce of credit, even though he did something as President that Trump will never do... balance the budget.

I wonder what you'd say about Trump if the midterms put Dems in charge of the House and/or Senate and Trump got a bill through balancing the budget. Would you say he was drug kicking and screaming, or would you say what a great deal maker he is? The thing I can't stand (and one of the major reasons I hate Trump (and most pols)) is for one party to defend something for their guy that they raised hell about when someone on the other side of the aisle did.

Understand totally. I don't think anyone thinks the "rank and file" of the DOJ/FBI/CIA are bad people. It's just the appointees in the ivory tower of these agaencies, who have obviously plotted and schemed first, to get Hillary off the hook and elected. When that didn't happen, they've tried to ruin Trump. Every day, seemingly more evidence comes out to prove this. Also, many "rank and file" in the FBI, at least, are itching to get subpoenaed to testify against their own leadership.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...eager-blow-whistle-comey-holder-lynch-mccabe/
I'm old enough to remember all of Clinton's 8 years. It is true that BC wanted to raise taxes soon after becoming president. Newt campaigned in the first mid-term on the "Contract with America". The rebubs flipped both houses and to CLinton's credit, he listened to the voters and changed his position to go along with the congress. Obama never even talked to repubs in congress, must less try to work with them. Trump, offered DACA as a deal to the dems in the omnibus before this last one. They refused because they'd have to give in to the Wall. He's repeatedly invited the dems into the white house to discuss things. Trump has 6.5 more years, hopefully, to get his agenda done. If the dems win back the congress, we'll see if balancing the budget is in their plans. Hope so, but I doubt it. If it happened, I'd give them credit for working with the potus.
I haven't always believed what I'm about to say, but now believe, that there is a deep state, which is comprised of career pols and unelected, career appointees in the alphabet agencies. Doesn't matter what their party affiliation, they are all globalist, who want to take down the sovereignty of the country. They work with the same "types" in Europe to control the whole world. There are just a few in Congress that I trust. This is my primary attraction to Trump. He knows it too and he is trying to take it down. They won't go away easily, but I believe you'll see more and more evidence of this as the FBI/DOJ files are released. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. I've tried to quit the name calling also. I think we're going to lose the country if we're not careful. I think if Hillary had won, we would effectively be a one party state after 8 years.
People who carte blanch write off the reporting of Breitbart, DailyCaller, NewsMax, Fox, etc only get one side of things. I read it all, but I also know most people probably don't have as much time on their hands as I do. Appreciate you sharing your views with me also.

China and Europe are about to put the screws to Trump voters in middle America with these retaliatory tariffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT