ADVERTISEMENT

Trump shot in ear at rally?

Very informative thread from someone who claims to have worked multiple security details as part of a local law enforcement attachment. In particular, he addresses the 3 perimeters of security, and the abrupt change in the line of sight from the counter sniper in that video everyone has seen. Tl;dr, his money is on the security failure happening with the local LE attachment, and not the USSS.

It appears that this sniper had him in his crosshairs but did not shoot, but appeared to readjust hit site and then the shooter fired 5 to 7 shots. The local law enforcement and the Secret Service dropped the ball here. there are multiple videos out now that show people trying to tell law enforcement and the Secret Service that there is a guy crawling on the roof with a rifle, and law enforcentment and Secret Service was like duh…what you talking 'bout??? Everyone of the law enforcement and the Secret Service who were there near the building that the shooter shot from and did nothing needs to be reprimanded or better yet fired. They did not do their job!!! Incompetence of any kind and level should not be in the Secret Service. My friend who is the head of Secret Service should be on a VERY hot seat right now. The shooter could have easily taken down that Secret Service sniper while he was fidgeting around with his rifle and standing out light a sore thumb...

Very informative thread from someone who claims to have worked multiple security details as part of a local law enforcement attachment. In particular, he addresses the 3 perimeters of security, and the abrupt change in the line of sight from the counter sniper in that video everyone has seen. Tl;dr, his money is on the security failure happening with the local LE attachment, and not the USSS.

That's been my thinking....that the actual protective detail is small, and given the high operational tempo of protecting DJT on the campaign trail without all the budget and resources afforded the POTUS (which is not unreasonable, IMO), they have to lean heavily on local and contract support.

Still, why wasn't a codeword giving to smoother DJT the moment a hint of trouble was afoot? Is that not SOP? Should not those ground rules have clearly been established during a pre-briefing? That's something that (potentially) falls squarely on the SS.

A lot of facts still to uncover though before rendering any serious judgment.

Some of y’all need to get offline for a bit and go meet your neighbors, or go to some other part of the country that doesn’t think exactly what you think. You’ll find that most people in this country love our country and are nice people. We can disagree with each other about all sorts of stuff without getting so nasty or having such revulsion for the other side.
Agree, alot of vile, insensitive and devisive folks on this site.

Too soon. I mean, I am concerned as to how this guy got off rounds when they seemed to have him in their scope. Also, why did the SS not rush DJT the moment someone was reported, much less spotted. Those are my pressing questions right now.

There is essentially two possibilities. Either that Secret Service agent was not a good sniper, because it appeared he had the shooter in his sites, but he started fidgeting around with his rife and re-siteing, or he is part of of a larger plot. I think he's just not a good sniper, and that needs to be the end of his sniper job. Maybe reduce his pay and let him clean and maintain the other snipers rifles.

Last edited:
Agree, alot of vile, insensitive and devisive folks on this site.
Not unsurprising. Even in game threads can get pretty vicious. And don't get me started on the off topics forum...🙄

But even while not unsurprising, it is still very disappointing and disheartening.

I still think we all mostly agree on most of the topics. What we argue and fight about is the minutia.

Too many people on here say things to one another they would never say face to face... And no, I'm not saying they are cowards. I'm saying there is something within most of us that at least considers what is appropriate for public discourse and attempts to stay within certain boundaries when speaking face to face. Those guardrails are removed when you can hide behind anonymity and never have to worry about being face to face with the one you are so harshly vilifying.

Bottom line, if there is a bright side, social media is not indicative of our capability for quality, rational discourse.

There is essentially two possibilities. Either that Secret Service agent was not a good sniper, because it appeared he had the shooter in his sites, but he started fidgeting around with his rife and re-siting, or he is part of of a larger plot. I think he's just not a good sniper, and that needs to be the end of his sniper job. Maybe reduce his pay and let him clean and maintain the other snipers rifles.
I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the sniper was not secret service.

Reactions: CUT93
The shooters AR rifle was legally bought BY HIS FATHER. There will be an investigation on how he got his father's rifle, and where did he make the explosives. If his father (or parents) were found to have been irresponsible for his son's actions by the him acquiring his father's rifle, then the father (and maybe the mother) should be charged.

There is essentially two possibilities. Either that Secret Service agent was not a good sniper, because it appeared he had the shooter in his sites, but he started fidgeting around with his rife and re-siting, or he is part of of a larger plot. I think he's just not a good sniper, and that needs to be the end of his sniper job. Maybe reduce his pay and let him clean and maintain the other snipers rifles.
I don't think this is correct. If you look at the angle of the rifle from when you say he initially had him in his sights and compare that to the end where it appears he took him out, it is not even close to the same angle. Initially, he was looking MUCH farther away than when he "re-sighted" at the end.
That's not to say there was not clearly an inexcusable lapse in protection - clearly there was.

Reactions: purple2
It's pretty clear we aren't on the same team. This guy sums it up well.

Those who want a democracy in this country instead of a democratic Republic as we were formed are not on the same team as those wanting to protect the democratic Republic which our founding fathers lost everything to create.

Well said and absolutely correct…While CNN still has their early assessment on MSN that the Secret Service stopped the rally. While that may correct on the surface, because the Secret Service did and had to stop the rally and secure President Trump, CNN makes it sound like by that title that was the reason it stopped. No wonder their ratings are dropping like a load of bricks...

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure the sniper was not secret service.

This is what has been said from the beginning. So, you think this was a local law enforcement sniper right there by the president on that little building, and the other sniper(s) near where the shooter was is Secret Service? No doubt local law enforcement was doing their best rendition of the Keystone Cops and Barney Fife, and we are lucky they didn't shoot themselves in the foot, but I doubt the local law enforcement or SWAT was the snipers.

This is what has been said from the beginning. So, you think this was a local law enforcement sniper right there by the president on that little building, and the other sniper(s) near where the shooter was is Secret Service? No doubt local law enforcement was doing their best rendition of the Keystone Cops and Barney Fife, and we are lucky they didn't shoot themselves in the foot, but I doubt the local law enforcement or SWAT was the snipers.
I think SS was close-in protection and that perimeter and overwatch/anti-sniper was local or contract support. But that is pure speculation on my part.

I don't think a full-up SS team makes this mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: purple2
There is essentially two possibilities. Either that Secret Service agent was not a good sniper, because it appeared he had the shooter in his sites, but he started fidgeting around with his rife and re-siteing, or he is part of of a larger plot. I think he's just not a good sniper, and that needs to be the end of his sniper job. Maybe reduce his pay and let him clean and maintain the other snipers rifles.
Did you say you were military? When you are looking down the scope 300 yards away, from the outside it will look like the shooter was in his sites. Him coming off the scope told me had to readjust the point he was looking at. Just my experience from deer hunting.

I think SS was close-in protection and that perimeter and overwatch/anti-sniper was local or contract support. But that is pure speculation on my part.

I don't think I full up SS team makes this mistake.
I’m pretty sure those snipers on the roof were SS.

I don't think I full up SS team makes this mistake.
SS had to be informed about a threat on the roof or else two snipers aren't staring down their barrels in that direction. There was a major fail by someone not getting Trump off the stage for a security concern. Granted the shooter could've done anything beyond that point but at a minimum you pause the rally and remove Trump until any concern is addressed

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Did you say you were military? When you are looking down the scope 300 yards away, from the outside it will look like the shooter was in his sites. Him coming off the scope told me had to readjust the point he was looking at. Just my experience from deer hunting.
A 300 yard shot is world class. This was somewhere between 400 ft and 125 yds. A doable shot with an AR and a 1x optic. Just about unmissable with an AR, a 10x or better and some practice.

I don't know what in the world you are talking about!!! Trump kept Russia, China, Iran, North Korea at bay for 4 years. You must have been sleeping...

Hey man - still waiting for your source? I see you’re on here but picking and choosing which posts to reply to?

Reports out there with the shooter identified but you come out here posting completely inaccurate information.

Just need to know which source to completely ignore moving forward is all I’m trying to do

Hey man - still waiting for your source? I see you’re on here but picking and choosing which posts to reply to?

Reports out there with the shooter identified but you come out here posting completely inaccurate information.

Just need to know which source to completely ignore moving forward is all I’m trying to do
It’s not a Chinese nationalist. It’s an American leftist with obvious mental health issues.

It’s absolutely heartbreaking to know that a life was LOST yesterday during the attempted assassination of @realDonaldTrump

His name was Corey Comporatore. @Corey_Comper

He was a Fire Chief of Buffalo County, and a proud father.

He used himself as a human shield to PROTECT his daughter Allyson @CyannSkoog54167 yesterday and paid the ultimate price for it.

He loved the Lord, so he is in a much better place.

Corey is an AMERICAN HERO, and will NEVER be forgotten. 🙏🏻🇺🇸

It is surreal to know that could have been ANY ONE OF US.

Please if you can donate to this family in their most darkest hour and if you can’t say a prayer for them to heal from this most horrific tragedy.

A GoFundMe that has been officially authorized by Trump has been set up and is pushing now $3 MILLION raised.

God Bless this family! 🙏🏻

First, I don't think the sniper was SS. Likely a different group also under DHS but separate from USSS.
Second, the angle of his gun from the first part of the video is not even close to the angle of the gun when he shoots at the end. I don't know what he was looking at in the first part of the video, but it was not the shooter, not even close to that area.

Reactions: leetp
They could have added why he went down because of gun fire.
They put that up literally as it was happening. At that point no need outlet was saying it was a shooting. The most you got was "pop sounds" at first.

There were 3 LEO (I'm guessing probably local or state from everything I've learned about how these things work) within what seems to be 50-100 ft of this guy while he's getting into position. This is either a complete botch job by somebody, or the dude had help!

Oh I’m with ya that there needs to be someone else running as the democrat. But he said what anyone else should and would have said.
“Yeah I know I’m 4 hours late, but I’m here just like everyone else! What difference does it make?”

I don’t think they tried to kill him, but this was a total failure by the SS. A stain on the agency forever.
"I don’t think they tried to kill him". Explain yourself. He was mm/inches from being dead.

You don't think they tried to kill him?

In a day when they will charge him with jaywalking if they can, he’s not been charged with anything for that day. It’s not his job to secure the capitol.
Of course it is lol. In any case, what happened yesterday is a despicable act in the same way as the events of Jan 6 being despicable. Both are low points in U.S. history.

I don't think this is correct. If you look at the angle of the rifle from when you say he initially had him in his sights and compare that to the end where it appears he took him out, it is not even close to the same angle. Initially, he was looking MUCH farther away than when he "re-sighted" at the end.
That's not to say there was not clearly an inexcusable lapse in protection - clearly there was.
Supposedly the shooter though was moving around that point because he aimed his gun at a policeman, didn’t he?

Of course it is lol. In any case, what happened yesterday is a despicable act in the same way as the events of Jan 6 being despicable. Both are low points in U.S. history.
It’s his job to secure the capitol? Go back to social studies 101. It is the duty of the speaker of the house.

"I don’t think they tried to kill him". Explain yourself. He was mm/inches from being dead.

You don't think they tried to kill him?

I don’t think it was an inside job. Although the incompetence was so severe that a lot of possibilities remain on the table

First, I don't think the sniper was SS. Likely a different group also under DHS but separate from USSS.
Second, the angle of his gun from the first part of the video is not even close to the angle of the gun when he shoots at the end. I don't know what he was looking at in the first part of the video, but it was not the shooter, not even close to that area.

I'll call the brother and mother of the Secret Service individual and see what they know. I'm sure his mother spoke with him.

“Yeah I know I’m 4 hours late, but I’m here just like everyone else! What difference does it make?”
It was two hours roughly and a statement was made prior. He also spoke today. Start another handle though if it makes you feel better.

It’s worth taking a step back and measuring the gravity of all this. Liberals like DeshaunWatson2016, OKCLEM and NYTigerFan would have been among this crowd, crowing with glee. We are in a spiritual warfare, folks.

We have a doddering president that has us on the brink of nuclear war, and this Big Whit sheep is worried about what Trump will do with NATO…
To be fair, one of those you listed has been here and pretty vocal regarding his feelings. @okclem has been neither celebratory or gleeful. Quite the opposite based on what I’ve seen. May have seen @dpic73 in here as well sharing the same sentiments. This is the sort of thing that most Americans can rally around in their blanket condemnation regardless of political persuasion (outside of maybe the most fringe of the fringes). Rhetoric suggesting otherwise is intellectually dishonest, divisive, and counterproductive.

I’m not willing (yet) to say the shooter had help. Right now - based on what’s known - I’ll stick to gross negligence or incompetence, but this is the biggest component of this that gives me pause. Outside of the rooftop that the CS guys were on, the second or third most critical perimeter point to secure would have been the roof the shooter fired from. I simply don’t understand how that wasn’t a significant priority point in planning for this. Based on what we know, it’s such a massive oversight that it’s really difficult to understand. Like so bad that I don’t even know how you arrive at the shooter’s plan unless it was an opportunistic attack. I find it difficult to believe that even he felt like he’d be able to access a position that close. Will be interesting to see if the shooter had some connection to the facility or business housed in the building he used.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT