ADVERTISEMENT

Trump supporters attacking the police in DC

You said "somehow both sides arguing over which protests were worse is indicative of where we are as a country."

There is no argument here. No comparison. No both sides BS
There are indeed arguments going on about it. Just because you have firmly have your stance doesn’t mean it’s not going on.

See we can agree. Even though you go to calling me asshole and others as well. I got thick skin and willing to listen.
I don't care whose unpeaceful protest was worse! All unpeaceful protestors should be put in jail for a long time.

I agree. Though I think the penalties for someone committing sedition should face much more severe punishment than someone who broke some windows on a 7-11

I agree. Though I think the penalties for someone committing sedition should face much more severe punishment than someone who broke some windows on a 7-11
...and the left did not do that as well? Why are you so intent on making what is happening now worse. It's bad I agree! Riots back in the summer took businesses away from innocent people! It's all BAD!

This is your messiah, you mother****ers. This is the person you've thrown out all reason and all care for the country to back to the hilt

As usual, the left is not letting fact get in the way.

Now do the video of his speech this morning.

Get your heads out of the sand. You all are more intelligent that this, I promise.

Was it the left this morning who had Guiliani talk about the time for TRIAL BY COMBAT? Mo Brooks, an elected Republican inciting violence??

This is inexcusable. AND IT IS ALL TRUMP.

ones an attempted coup... so you know... its not comparable.
I am obviously not there and don't know how many people were actually attempting to enter the Capital, but if you think this was a coup attempt you are mentally retarded. This was a small group of stupid angry people who should have been shot before they made it that far, but calling it a coup attempt just shows your stupidity.

The left stormed the Capital building and vandalized and shot someone in armed attempted coup??

Ridiculous.
Ridiculous is correct!

A coup? That was a weak coup attempt, if so! Any coup attempt whether weak or strong, should be unheard of in America. What was done today, call it a coup or not, is embarrassing to our country!

Not sure many of you understand what a real coup looks like.

One thing I will say to anyone that is still reading, we have to stop tearing each other down. We better wake up and realize the fire we're igniting before it blows up in our faces. Today is a real warning. The protests this Summer were a real warning. There's a lot of discontent and a lot of demonization of those we disagree with. If you really care about this country, stop the vitriol and start seeing your fellow Americans and their desires for this country through a better light so that we might engage and work through things together.

Or we can just keep doing what we're doing and eventually, a lot of blood will be spilled.

Just today we got this from Al Sharpton:

“Here we have in the state of Georgia, a state deep in the heart of the old Confederacy, a state that voted to elect America’s first black vice-president in November, and a state that just voted to elect the Democratic Party’s first black senator. What does that mean about where this country is after four years of Donald Trump?” Scarborough asked Sharpton.

“It means that this country has really come back unto showing that we’re not going backwards to the days of legal apartheid or segregation and divisiveness,” responded Sharpton.

This kind of language is not helpful. It is not valid and he is a divisive and dishonest figure who is only interested in power.

I am obviously not there and don't know how many people were actually attempting to enter the Capital, but if you think this was a coup attempt you are mentally retarded. This was a small group of stupid angry people who should have been shot before they made it that far, but calling it a coup attempt just shows your stupidity.
you don't think rioters storming the capital to stop the certification of the president elect, in order to place their own person into power isn't an attempted coup? Are you sure you should be questioning my faculties?
If it was 100k people storming the capital would that suffice your made up metrics for a coup definition? Stop trying to down play this for your own benefit.
Glad we can agree these people are foolish. Trump told them he loves them.

Reactions: fcctiger12
you don't think rioters storming the capital to stop the certification of the president elect, in order to place their own person into power isn't an attempted coup? Are you sure you should be questioning my faculties?
If it was 100k people storming the capital would that suffice your made up metrics for a coup definition? Stop trying to down play this for your own benefit.
Glad we can agree these people are foolish. Trump told them he loves them.
Yes, 100K would suffice. That would indicate some planning and expectation of an outcome. This was a small group of stupid angry people with no plan and likely no idea what they were trying to accomplish other than show their outrage.
Again if you think the small group involved purpose was to "storm(ing) the capital to stop the certification of the president elect, in order to place their own person into power", I don't have to question your faculties. It would be obvious you lack them.

Listen, I think calling this a "coup" discredits actual coups where the people were organized and effective. Still, that's what they were trying to do and a lot of them should be in jail.

Listen, I think calling this a "coup" discredits actual coups where the people were organized and effective. Still, that's what they were trying to do and a lot of them should be in jail.

Just because they were bad at it, doesn't mean it wasn't a coup. And next time, they might not be. We should call it what it is and people need to be held accountable.

So where’s the burning of buildings, police cars and looting? But the outrage from the media is overwhelming! Yeah I see your point

Is it really all that difficult to condemn both groups for this shit AND what happened over the summer? I don’t have to stick with the team above all else mentality. As a functional adult, I can look at both situations, analyze them, and come to the conclusion that in both instances violence was propagated by morons and encouraged by politicians. And, I can do all that without being a sanctimonious twat, because I have to latch onto to the low IQs and idiocy of the other team’s protesters to give myself some pathetic and unearned sense of moral and/or intellectual superiority.

Reactions: clemsontiger02
Is it really all that difficult to condemn both groups for this shit AND what happened over the summer? I don’t have to stick with the team above all else mentality. As a functional adult, I can look at both situations, analyze them, and come to the conclusion that in both instances violence was propagated by morons and encouraged by politicians. And, I can do all that without being a sanctimonious twat, because I have to latch onto to the low IQs and idiocy of the other team’s protesters to give myself some pathetic and unearned sense of moral and/or intellectual superiority.

Can you, though?

Can you, though?

Absolutely. I lean right. Wednesday was asinine. Dangerous. Carried out largely by complete dipshits who’s ignorance and abject stupidity allowed them to fall victim to internet trolls and political manipulation. It was categorically wrong and completely counterproductive. So was the rioting over the summer.

That was easy.

Absolutely. I lean right. Wednesday was asinine. Dangerous. Carried out largely by complete dipshits who’s ignorance and abject stupidity allowed them to fall victim to internet trolls and political manipulation. It was categorically wrong and completely counterproductive. So was the rioting over the summer.

That was easy.

Can you also admit that what happened Wednesday was instigated and encouraged by the President of the United States?

That's the difference. Also, systemic racism vs a petty little man's ego

That was easy.

I don't think you're doing a good job with the "not being a sanctimonious twat" part.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think being a sanctimonious twat is such a bad thing. I hate the "both sides" BS and find it irritating that you claimed to be above the fray somehow.

Can you also admit that what happened Wednesday was instigated and encouraged by the President of the United States?

That's the difference. Also, systemic racism vs a petty little man's ego

Yep. I can. He should have handled the last two months significantly better than he has. It’s been an inexcusable string of amateur hour bullshit.

I don't think you're doing a good job with the "not being a sanctimonious twat" part.

EDIT: To be clear, I don't think being a sanctimonious twat is such a bad thing. I hate the "both sides" BS and find it irritating that you claimed to be above the fray somehow.

I’m not claiming to be above the fray. If you disagree with me politically, that’s fine. I certainly don’t have an issue with that nor do I think I’m better than someone that holds well founded political beliefs that are different than mine. What I have an issue with is the hypocrites condemning what happened on Wednesday when they were fine with what happened over the summer and certain politicians encouraging those riots. They both sucked and were counterproductive, divisive, and just plain stupid. As for the sanctimonious part - maybe. I do look down on and think I’m better than larpers that base their political beliefs on sonnets on a message board, or people that protest racism by burning down and looting minority owned businesses. If that makes me sanctimonious, I’ll still sleep alright tonight.

I’m not claiming to be above the fray. If you disagree with me politically, that’s fine. I certainly don’t have an issue with that nor do I think I’m better than someone that holds well founded political beliefs that are different than mine. What I have an issue with is the hypocrites condemning what happened on Wednesday when they were fine with what happened over the summer and certain politicians encouraging those riots. They both sucked and were counterproductive, divisive, and just plain stupid. As for the sanctimonious part - maybe. I do look down on and think I’m better than larpers that base their political beliefs on sonnets on a message board, or people that protest racism by burning down and looting minority owned businesses. If that makes me sanctimonious, I’ll still sleep alright tonight.

I hear you. I don't begrudge someone for looking down on other people (depending on circumstance).

I do think you'll find precious few people who condone or encouraged the looting at rioting that occurred over the summer (I don't mean to say that they aren't out there but there's no one who rises close to the importance of President of United States). You probably saw plenty of people who didn't want the rioters to get conflated with the merits of the BLM movement and I'd agree with that sentiment.

I do think that sometimes people on my side of the aisle don't show enough nuance when blaming everyone who voted for Trump for the misdeeds of his worst supporters. I also think, however, that Donald Trump, President of the United States and leader of the GOP, actively encourages the worst of his supporters to commit crimes and sows distrust in legitimate processes. That's systemically dangerous in a way that looting and rioting (to me, at least) is not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT