ADVERTISEMENT

VP Debate….

No libs in this thread?

I didn't watch it bc who cares about a VP debate?

Historically the vice president, in terms of the election, does not have any impact. I mean, virtually no impact. It's all about the presidential pick. Historically, the choice of the vice president makes no difference. You're voting for the president. And you can have a vice president who's outstanding in every way but you're not voting that way, you're voting for the president.

This whole episode you're talking about is one of the best examples of the gaslighting we see from the media. Even they said she was in that role until it wasn't convenient that she was. It's remarkable and terrifying that people would buy that. When you consider the left has more time in school on average it shows how far the value of school has fallen.

Can you prove that please? Show me a document or video of Joe Biden naming her the "border czar".

A video of some hayseed republican saying does not count.

Reactions: tboonpickens
Can you prove that please? Show me a document or video of Joe Biden naming her the "border czar".

A video of some hayseed republican saying does not count.

The term czar, which I hate, is something that is used in the media most of the time. You're never going to find it in any official document, nor do you find it on Joe Biden's White House order placing Harris in charge of all immigration issues with Mexico and Central America.

I'm fine saying she wasn't the border czar, but she was in charge of trying to work with those countries to limit and control the flow of immigrants over our southern border. In either case, she completely failed. She's an unserious person who does not have any real accomplishments to her name. The media was all too happy to call her the border czar. It's really their sloppiness and reporting as usual that led to the validity of the playing people like you are so desperately running from now.

Last edited:
Reactions: loveoysters
No libs in this thread?
I'm here. Didn't watch the debate as we all know that VPs do what the president says and there's nothing Vance/Walz could say that would change my vote. That means watching was a waste of my time (just like the Trump/Harris debate, although I got bullied by my wife into catching most of that one). I see the Trumpians are all in here though crowing about Vance winning. Maybe so, I haven't even checked the usual media sites yet. I also remember Trumpians in here after the Trump/Harris debate saying the same thing... So you'll forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.

Just like the Trump debate, which most folks seem to think that Harris won. This debate is nearly 100% meaningless. My usual question: ASSUMING Walz lost, is there ONE PERSON in here that changed their vote to Trump? Anyone? And the reverse is true... IF by some chance Walz won the debate, is there one person that's going to change their vote to Harris? Anyone? I suspect that the answer to both those questions is a resounding NO. Anyone still think this debate means something?

Wow. @tboonpickens it must be hard to have everyone else thinking for you. The twitter feed links are just insane. So many people that are just lemmings for their media overlords.
I agree with this 100% twitter links are garbage sources. Even Newsmax/MSNBC are better. Just to show that you are on the up and up though. Can you show us a post where you said the same about the plethora of Trumpians on here that regularly post the same links to support Trump?

The term czar, which I hate, is something that is used in the media most of the time. You're never going to find it in any official document, nor do you find it on Joe Biden's White House order placing Harris in charge of all immigration issues with Mexico and Central America.

I'm fine saying she wasn't the border czar, but she was in charge of trying to work with those countries to limit and control the flow of immigrants over our southern border. In either case, she completely failed. She's an unserious person who does not have any real accomplishments to her name. The media was all too happy to call her the border czar. It's really their sloppiness and reporting as usual that led to the validity of the playing people like you are so desperately running from now.

you are the one referring to her as the border czar, but I am the one who got played by the media? Makes sense.

Trump's initial inclination is often not great. But he does listen and he does end up backing off those stances when it makes sense.

As for the ACA, the Republicans took control of both houses of Congress and the Presidency based on a promise to undo the ACA. Of course in typical fashion they had no actual plan that made any sense at all. That's why they lost Congress after that and created a very difficult situation for President Trump. It's partially his failure but it's also the failure of Republicans in Congress to do anything about the affordable care act. It's something that desperately needs to be replaced and there are a lot of really great ideas as to how to do that. Unfortunately, it's going to require a lot of serious work and we just don't have any serious people in leadership roles right now. The last thing I wanted any of these clowns deciding how to fix our health care. The last time they tried to fix it has been a disaster.

you are the one referring to her as the border czar, but I am the one who got played by the media? Makes sense.

I am simply restating what was said in the media over and over again. You are played often. It's just who you are and I love you for it.

I am simply restating what was said in the media over and over again. You are played often. It's just who you are and I love you for it.

Typical. When I point out your falsehoods, you turn to personal attacks.

You are the person that you claim to hate.

Sad.

Typical. When I point out your falsehoods, you turn to personal attacks.

You are the person that you claim to hate.

Sad.

It's not a personal attack. If I met you in the real world, we'd probably get along great and wouldn't know how much we disagree on things. I don't dislike you as a person at all. You are deflecting because I didn't state anything that was false. You just don't have any where to go with regard to what I said so you deflect. You do, in fact, allow yourself to be mislead by your political priors over and over again. You are the there are lot of people on the right here who do that as well. It's all about whatever team people are on and very little to do about anything else.

It's not a personal attack. If I met you in the real world, we'd probably get along great and wouldn't know how much we disagree on things. I don't dislike you as a person at all. You are deflecting because I didn't state anything that was false. You just don't have any where to go with regard to what I said so you deflect. You do, in fact, allow yourself to be mislead by your political priors over and over again. You are the there are lot of people on the right here who do that as well. It's all about whatever team people are on and very little to do about anything else.

You claimed that Kamala was the border czar. I asked you to prove that Biden or any other government official named her the border czar.

You responded with a Twitter mash-up of random local and national media figures referring to her as the border czar.

I should note, you did this in the same thread where you chastised others for using twitter posts as arguments or proof of anything.

That doesn't count, and it does not make you correct. You are spouting a lie and you know it. You are what you claim to hate.

Chastises others for replying with twitter posts to make a point, then replies with a twitter post to make a point.

Chastises others for replying with twitter posts to make a point, then replies with a twitter post to make a point.

You asked for people saying it who weren't republicans. That's the only way I could find to do it is to provide video evidence. I'm not parroting some clowns opinions on Twitter which is what I was referring to.

You asked for people saying it who weren't republicans. That's the only way I could find to do it is to provide video evidence. I'm not parroting some clowns opinions on Twitter which is what I was referring to.

Another lie. This is exactly what I asked you.

There is a deep irony in Trumpers trying to assault Kamala's time as VP while also wanting to hang Mike Pence for doing the most consequential and constitutional duty as VP. In both cases the same guy undermined the bipartisan border security bill and tried to undermine our free and fair election. Funny how that works.

Another lie. This is exactly what I asked you.

And as I said that word is largely used by the media. This article outlines the task she was appointed to handle. By any measure, she completely failed to do that.

I almost felt bad for Walz when his feet were held to the fire about his China lie.

He was speechless. Lol

Walz is being schooled.

Here are some of the things Vance lied about last night...

• He has never been in favor of a national abortion ban.
  • Said the hatians in Springfield are there illegally. They are actually there legally under a program that launched under trump.
  • Claimed there are 25 mm illegal immigrants in the country. There are 15 MM undocumented immigrants.
  • Said most of our solar panels are from china. 80% are made in the US.
  • Said energy production is lower now than it was under trump. It is higher.
  • Said US manufacturing was higher under trump. It is significantly higher under Biden.
  • Claimed Iran received $100B in unfrozen assets from Kamala. They received $50 B frozen, meaning they can't touch it.
  • Claimed biden has not invested in clean energy at all. The inflation reduction act made the biggest investment in clean energy of all time.
  • Said trump SAVED Obamacare. LOL.
Things he avoided answering:

• Whether climate change is a hoax.
  • Whether trump lost the 2020 election.
  • How he was going to pay for trump's plans which are forecast to add $5T to the debt.

Waiting on your talking points, @dpic73 ?
Overall, I was thoroughly impressed by the civility and decency they showed each other and loved, loved, loved how at the end, their wives came up on stage and the four of them chatted. Inject that shit in my veins.

I thought Vance really helped himself by coming across as a decent, rational and intelligent gentleman - smooth as silk.

I don't think Walz helped or hurt himself - he is what he is but you could tell he was a little nervous at the beginning and he had a lot of talking points he wanted to get out at the expense of directly answering the questions asked.

I don't like how both of them avoided directly answering questions and Walz fumbled the question on his visit to China but you could look at that two ways. Some probably found it endearing that he could have the humility to call himself a knucklehead and others will find fault with it, but to me, that was the worst of it for him and if you're ok with the mountain of lies that Trump tells, that should easily get a pass.

So if you're scoring based on style and demeanor, you would say Vance won the debate BUT, a lie is still a lie no matter how prettily you tell it, and damn he told some whoppers. And if you can't even say the election wasn't stolen, I have no sympathy for you because that should be immediately disqualifying. And we didn't forget about childless cat ladies and Haitians are eating pets just because he was trying to soften his image in front of a wide audience - he still behaves like a jerk when he speaks to conservative media/crowds.

If you were scoring based on substance then Walz won because he could also back up his talking points by sharing how he had already done a lot of those things in the state he governs. He's also salt of the earth and folksy and a lot of people like that about him - he's real.

All in all, it won't move the needle because this election is still a referendum on Trump and he's still a demented, narcissistic sociopath that Pepperidge farm didn't forget.

Last edited:

• He has never been in favor of a national abortion ban.
  • Said the hatians in Springfield are there illegally. They are actually there legally under a program that launched under trump.
  • Claimed there are 25 mm illegal immigrants in the country. There are 15 MM undocumented immigrants.
  • Said most of our solar panels are from china. 80% are made in the US.
  • Said energy production is lower now than it was under trump. It is higher.
  • Said US manufacturing was higher under trump. It is significantly higher under Biden.
  • Claimed Iran received $100B in unfrozen assets from Kamala. They received $50 B frozen, meaning they can't touch it.
  • Claimed biden has not invested in clean energy at all. The inflation reduction act made the biggest investment in clean energy of all time.
  • Said trump SAVED Obamacare. LOL.
Things he avoided answering:

• Whether climate change is a hoax.
  • Whether trump lost the 2020 election.
  • How he was going to pay for trump's plans which are forecast to add $5T to the debt.
And the biggest whopper was when he said there was a peaceful transfer of power. Holy hell man, how stupid does he think the public is?

Also I wish Vance clarified that the abortion pill and not reading is what killed Amber Thurmon. So many lies about this. What the left says about this is fundamentally untrue.
This is a terrible talking point - she doesn't deserve medical care that would save her life if she made a mistake? Who could blame her for being afraid to go to a clinic when she needed the abortion and trying to keep it private in a state like Georgia? We all make mistakes but that doesn't mean it's our fault if we die, simply because doctors are afraid to treat us.

• He has never been in favor of a national abortion ban. - His view is abortions should be extremely limited and illegal in most cases. I agree with him on that. However, the nation has shown they aren't ready and he clearly explained where he has changed in his view with respect to the referendum in Ohio. People like me who are against abortion at all times are the outliers right now. The only way that changes is if we make the argument and win it. That's where we are and no amount of spinning will change that. Most people don't agree with my view on abortion and it would be wrong of me to force that on them even though it is preventing the murder of millions of children.
  • Said the hatians in Springfield are there illegally. They are actually there legally under a program that launched under trump. - That's a mischaracterized sentiment because they are here under the exploitation of the asylum system. What's happened in Haiti is a complex situation and just dumping 20k people in a town of 60k people is ridiculous. There's massive exploitation of the asylum system in this country and that's a known fact. If you falsely exploit a policy to gain entrance it could be argued you are here illegally.
  • Claimed there are 25 mm illegal immigrants in the country. There are 15 MM undocumented immigrants. - This is an unknown thing because we don't know how many are truly here. There is no truly accurate number but it is clear it's north of official estimates because we don't really know how many we have here beyond that.
  • Said most of our solar panels are from china. 80% are made in the US. - The components used in making solar panels are mostly provided by China. You can be semantical if you want but they control most of that marketplace. More cadmium is mined in China than the rest of the world combined. We rank about 18th in production. China also produces most of the Gallium, China is leading the world in almost all research on solar power and how to create it more efficiently.
  • Said energy production is lower now than it was under trump. It is higher. - We are producing more energy now. Primarily because of Natural Gas production. And a lot of it is off leases that were approved by the last administration. Energy doesn't just pop out of no where. Also, some of that "production" is coming from releases of our reserves. Nevertheless, the price of everything is higher now than it was when Trump was in office. Period.
  • Said US manufacturing was higher under trump. It is significantly higher under Biden. - False. They are taking credit for pandemic loses and restoration of those jobs.
  • Claimed Iran received $100B in unfrozen assets from Kamala. They received $50 B frozen, meaning they can't touch it. - Defending Biden's actions here is laughable and I don't know why you'd do that. They greatly enriched Iran and allowed them to rebuild their terror network. This is a reality. Until now, I hadn't seen it disputed by anyone.
  • Claimed biden has not invested in clean energy at all. The inflation reduction act made the biggest investment in clean energy of all time. - Biden has poured money into alternative energy. Calling it clean energy is an outright falsehood. It's not clean at all. It's just dirty in different ways.
  • Said trump SAVED Obamacare. LOL. - He did and he did it unwillingly due to the incompetence of his party. Trump has been an idiot on healthcare and it's absurd to try and take credit for this because he did it against his desires. So the reality is true but the intent is completely false.

@nytigerfan said: Here are some of the things Vance lied about last night...

• He has never been in favor of a national abortion ban. - His view is abortions should be extremely limited and illegal in most cases. I agree with him on that. However, the nation has shown they aren't ready and he clearly explained where he has changed in his view with respect to the referendum in Ohio. People like me who are against abortion at all times are the outliers right now. The only way that changes is if we make the argument and win it. That's where we are and no amount of spinning will change that. Most people don't agree with my view on abortion and it would be wrong of me to force that on them even though it is preventing the murder of millions of children.
  • Said the hatians in Springfield are there illegally. They are actually there legally under a program that launched under trump. - That's a mischaracterized sentiment because they are here under the exploitation of the asylum system. What's happened in Haiti is a complex situation and just dumping 20k people in a town of 60k people is ridiculous. There's massive exploitation of the asylum system in this country and that's a known fact. If you falsely exploit a policy to gain entrance it could be argued you are here illegally.
  • Claimed there are 25 mm illegal immigrants in the country. There are 15 MM undocumented immigrants. - This is an unknown thing because we don't know how many are truly here. There is no truly accurate number but it is clear it's north of official estimates because we don't really know how many we have here beyond that.
  • Said most of our solar panels are from china. 80% are made in the US. - The components used in making solar panels are mostly provided by China. You can be semantical if you want but they control most of that marketplace. More cadmium is mined in China than the rest of the world combined. We rank about 18th in production. China also produces most of the Gallium, China is leading the world in almost all research on solar power and how to create it more efficiently.
  • Said energy production is lower now than it was under trump. It is higher. - We are producing more energy now. Primarily because of Natural Gas production. And a lot of it is off leases that were approved by the last administration. Energy doesn't just pop out of no where. Also, some of that "production" is coming from releases of our reserves. Nevertheless, the price of everything is higher now than it was when Trump was in office. Period.
  • Said US manufacturing was higher under trump. It is significantly higher under Biden. - False. They are taking credit for pandemic loses and restoration of those jobs.
  • Claimed Iran received $100B in unfrozen assets from Kamala. They received $50 B frozen, meaning they can't touch it. - Defending Biden's actions here is laughable and I don't know why you'd do that. They greatly enriched Iran and allowed them to rebuild their terror network. This is a reality. Until now, I hadn't seen it disputed by anyone.
  • Claimed biden has not invested in clean energy at all. The inflation reduction act made the biggest investment in clean energy of all time. - Biden has poured money into alternative energy. Calling it clean energy is an outright falsehood. It's not clean at all. It's just dirty in different ways.
  • Said trump SAVED Obamacare. LOL. - He did and he did it unwillingly due to the incompetence of his party. Trump has been an idiot on healthcare and it's absurd to try and take credit for this because he did it against his desires. So the reality is true but the intent is completely false.

This is a terrible talking point - she doesn't deserve medical care that would save her life if she made a mistake? Who could blame her for being afraid to go to a clinic when she needed the abortion and trying to keep it private in a state like Georgia? We all make mistakes but that doesn't mean it's our fault if we die, simply because doctors are afraid to treat us.

It's not a talking point. It's a reality. The medical treatment was incompetent. Blaming it on the abortion laws in Georgia is just false.

It's not a talking point. It's a reality. The medical treatment was incompetent. Blaming it on the abortion laws in Georgia is just false.
You're absolutely wrong - the doctors were afraid to treat her in a timely manner which led directly to her death. You can't make it her fault no matter how hard you try.

"In her final hours, Amber Nicole Thurman suffered from a grave infection that her suburban Atlanta hospital was well-equipped to treat.

She’d taken abortion pills and encountered a rare complication; she had not expelled all of the fetal tissue from her body. She showed up at Piedmont Henry Hospital in need of a routine procedure to clear it from her uterus, called a dilation and curettage, or D&C.

But just that summer, her state had made performing the procedure a felony, with few exceptions. Any doctor who violated the new Georgia law could be prosecuted and face up to a decade in prison."

@nytigerfan said: Here are some of the things Vance lied about last night...

Did you forget to take your meds today? I have never seen someone so eager to self-own. You did not refute anything I said, you just made a bunch of garbage bullshit excuses.

trump saved Obamacare by his inability to repeal it? Did you actually just say that?

Oh, since you labeled my point on US manufacturing being higher under biden as FALSE and claimed they were just "bounce back" jobs. Here is chart...

latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2014_2024_all_period_M08_data.gif

Now given, I ain't no mathematician or constitutional scholar like yourself partner, but it sure do look like them numbers higher under biden than they ever were under trump.

Reactions: dpic73
Good lord Trump tried like 60 times to tank Obamacare and almost got there once until John McCain walked in and told McConnell and the failsons standing there to suck it.

Reactions: dpic73
It's amazing to me how people will link ProPublica. That's like me linking gateway pundit. Absolutely ridiculous.

It's amazing to me how people will link ProPublica. That's like me linking gateway pundit. Absolutely ridiculous.
Wrong, Gateway Pundit peddles conspiracies. These are facts that you can get from a number of publications, but I doubt it would matter which one I used since you'd claim they're all liberal rags. The truth is still the truth.

Biden literally says in that video "I have tasked her to lead diplomatic efforts with those countries to stem migration" and adds "it is NOT her full responsibility".

Nice try.
What about the other 20 videos and links?

With CNN, MSNBC, AXIOS, among many others recognizing her as the border czar?

What about the other 20 videos and links?

With CNN, MSNBC, AXIOS, among many others recognizing her as the border czar?

the same media that you say lies all the time? see my responses to your buddy @Willence (wait, are yall the same guy?). I am not interested in what people in the "media" label her.

The media has labeled trump all sorts of things - traitor, insurrectionist, adjudicated rapist, best friends with diddy and epstein, etc. If the media says it, does that make it true?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT