ADVERTISEMENT

Warning (Graphic): Man Killed While Jogging in Brunswick, GA

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a Brunswick neighborhood February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, telling officers later that they thought he looked like the suspect in a series of recent break-ins in the area, authorities said.

Will be very interesting once the facts are out. If they chased this guy down because he looked like a robber, hopefully they both die in prison.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ud-arbery-jogging-georgia-shooting/index.html

After the shooting, Gregory McMichael told police he saw the same man "the other night" and that he stuck his hand down his pants on that occasion, leading McMichael to believe he was armed, according to a Glynn County Police report.

After seeing Arbery jogging, McMichael then alerted his 34-year-old son, Travis, according to the police report.

"Travis, the guy is running down the street, let's go," McMichael said, according to the report.

The two grabbed a shotgun and a pistol and followed Arbery in their truck, police said. Travis McMichael, the driver, followed Arbery and then attempted to cut him off, the report said. Arbery turned around and began running in the opposite direction, the police report said.

They chased Arbery to a nearby intersection where they caught up to him, the report said

gregory-travis-mcmichael.jpg

And they still haven’t been arrested. Heart breaking.

The local prosecutors /DA have all recused themselves since they are colleagues with the dad.

This happened two months ago.

Reactions: GrayCourtStomp
Don't forget the real pics of TM. Wasn't so angelic. Neither YOU, ME nor any other mvtherfvcker will know what happened. The Coronavirus has helped our country and world in many ways. Don't be a dickhead.

exactly, thank you. that’s another way this is similar to the Trayvon martin case. The defenders of these two idiots are already pointing out that this young man was arrested for shoplifting in high school, like that had anything to do with what happened here. Very similar to you using old pictures of Trayvon martin to justify his murder.

seems very similar to the Trayvon Martin case. Armed white civilian sees unarmed black man and thinks he looks suspicious, confronts him, kills him, then claims self defense.
It seems very similar in the fact that there are a bunch of people jumping to conclusions without all the facts. If the video is an accurate all telling depiction of events, then it appears to be bad. You can't really see what happened when he went around the right side of the truck. It LOOKS lie the guy with the gun likely confronts him and he is likely scared and tries to defend himself, but we dont know that for sure. If that is the case, those guys should never see the light of day. Let's just wait for the facts and then judge, though.

Your description of the TM case seems a little racist though. I don't know what an accurate description of Zimmerman's race would be. Hispanic, Peruvian(I think his mother was Peruvian) ? Whatever it is, its not "some armed white civilian". In any case, don't let the facts get in your way.

"I SAW DAT DER BLACK MAN THE OTHER NIGHT, PAAAAAAWL, LET'S GIT EM!"

Just a couple of white trash, bush whacking racists who were looking for the tiniest excuse to go after this guy. Sorry, but you don't get to play judge, jury, executioner on some random citizen jogging down the road because *checks notes* you've seen him before and you think he's up to no good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ud-arbery-jogging-georgia-shooting/index.html

After the shooting, Gregory McMichael told police he saw the same man "the other night" and that he stuck his hand down his pants on that occasion, leading McMichael to believe he was armed, according to a Glynn County Police report.

After seeing Arbery jogging, McMichael then alerted his 34-year-old son, Travis, according to the police report.

"Travis, the guy is running down the street, let's go," McMichael said, according to the report.

The two grabbed a shotgun and a pistol and followed Arbery in their truck, police said. Travis McMichael, the driver, followed Arbery and then attempted to cut him off, the report said. Arbery turned around and began running in the opposite direction, the police report said.

They chased Arbery to a nearby intersection where they caught up to him, the report said

Sounds like murder to me.

It seems very similar in the fact that there are a bunch of people jumping to conclusions without all the facts. If the video is an accurate all telling depiction of events, then it appears to be bad. You can't really see what happened when he went around the right side of the truck. It LOOKS lie the guy with the gun likely confronts him and he is likely scared and tries to defend himself, but we dont know that for sure. If that is the case, those guys should never see the light of day. Let's just wait for the facts and then judge, though.

Your description of the TM case seems a little racist though. I don't know what an accurate description of Zimmerman's race would be. Hispanic, Peruvian(I think his mother was Peruvian) ? Whatever it is, its not "some armed white civilian". In any case, don't let the facts get in your way.

Clearly you are part of the problem with our society. There is absolutely no justification for this.

Yikes at trying to defend this.

You will never be able to convince me that there wasn't some racial prejudice there. Jesus.
I am NOT defending them, but it is proven that it’s much harder to discern facial features of other races than your own. Leads to a lot of false eye witness statements and false imprisonments.
Still no reason to do anything other than call the cops if you think you see a burglar. If he’s approaching you, different story. This appears to be premeditated murder.

I’m not sure what you’re going for here? Blacks are getting murdered by police at roughly twice the rate of their % of the population. Meaning twice the rate you’d expect. Limited information on the individual cases, but that data might not say what you think it does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT