ADVERTISEMENT

Warning (Graphic): Man Killed While Jogging in Brunswick, GA

what does this have to do with police shootings?

nevermind that the data YOU posted pretty clearly shows us that black people are FAR FAR more likely to get shot by a cop in 2020 than white folks. The number of dead is almost even, (41-32) and yet only 12% of the country is black.

EDIT: oh wow. I hadn't even clicked on your second link, because again, why are you talking about police shootings, but HUGE HUGE HUGE LOL at you posting an LA times article from 5 years ago in defense of the notion that police also shot white people. jesus man.

i don't really want to get into this, but you are objectively wrong, even using your own data, and these weren't police that shot him.

Yikes at trying to defend this.
Show me where I was trying to defend anyone. I specifically said if it is what it looks like, those two guys should never see the light of day. BUT, we have a tremendous problem as a society with getting/seeing limited information and jumping to conclusions like we know exactly what happened and have all the facts. I am not saying I think this is the case with that video. If you told me i had to make a decision about what happened to those guys right now based on that video, I would put them behind bars forever. The fact of the matter is that none of us has to do that right now and can wait and see if even more evidence comes to light so we can be certain what happened.

Based on the video, and their own admission, I don't see what their argument would be in a trial.

they've already laid it out, they are going to argue that they were just trying to "stop him and talk to him" (with shotguns) and then he lunged for the gun and he had to defend himself.

1. 1980
2. I’m assuming the 2 men in the video are the father(ex cop) and son. Who is doing the filming?
3. Nothing like the Trayvon Martin case. Middle of the freaking day and CLEARLY not armed.
4. How close is the man killed to his home?

Reactions: Ron Munson
Show me where I was trying to defend anyone. I specifically said if it is what it looks like, those two guys should never see the light of day. BUT, we have a tremendous problem as a society with getting/seeing limited information and jumping to conclusions like we know exactly what happened and have all the facts. I am not saying I think this is the case with that video. If you told me i had to make a decision about what happened to those guys right now based on that video, I would put them behind bars forever. The fact of the matter is that none of us has to do that right now and can wait and see if even more evidence comes to light so we can be certain what happened.
Keep that same attitude for all crimes. Especially ones caught on video.

Clearly you are part of the problem with our society. There is absolutely no justification for this.
What specifically is there no justification for. Not making a snap judgement based on an internet dash cam video? Again, LIKE I SAID IN MY ORIGINAL POST, if the video is what it looks like, there is no justification for their actions and they should never see the light of day. I would just rather wait and see if more evidence comes to light to confirm what appears to happen in the video. You don't know what you don't know.

What is scary is, although not surprising, the guy used to be a cop.

That's probably why they thought they could do it their way and get away with it. His prior police knowledge and friends with people currently on the force or the bench or the DA. Lots of people and things he thinks will keep him out of jail or the chair (lethal injection)

That's probably why they thought they could do it their way and get away with it. His prior police knowledge and friends with people currently on the force or the bench or the DA. Lots of people and things he thinks will keep him out of jail or the chair (lethal injection)
If what it appears happened in the video is what actually happened, there is no doubt being an ex cop influenced his behavior.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
what does this have to do with police shootings?

nevermind that the data YOU posted pretty clearly shows us that black people are FAR FAR more likely to get shot by a cop in 2020 than white folks. The number of dead is almost even, (41-32) and yet only 12% of the country is black.

EDIT: oh wow. I hadn't even clicked on your second link, because again, why are you talking about police shootings, but HUGE HUGE HUGE LOL at you posting an LA times article from 5 years ago in defense of the notion that police also shot white people. jesus man.

i don't really want to get into this, but you are objectively wrong, even using your own data, and these weren't police that shot him.
I always knew you were ignorant, but I didn’t know you couldn’t read. Just like a dem to take advantage of another black man getting shot. You’re disgusting. The shooter was in fact a retired police officer.

I always knew you were ignorant, but I didn’t know you couldn’t read. Just like a dem to take advantage of another black man getting shot. You’re disgusting. The shooter was in fact a retired police officer.

are you for real? who is "taking advantage" of anything? you posted nonsense that has nothing to do with this poor man getting murdered.

Kind of shocking based on the quick research I’ve done that the Videographer has not been identified.

I did see that a local radio station claimed they were the recipient of the video given by an anonymous source.

I don’t think it’s Joe Random catching this on his cell camera. Somebody knew to follow.

It’s either a family member, a friend or a neighbor who caught wind of what the 2 men were doing in their pursuit. Eventually their conscience had enough and sent it out.

A little more detail:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...shooting-of-unarmed-black-man/?outputType=amp

Greg McMichael, who can be seen in the video standing in the back of the truck, called 911 at 1:08 p.m.

Greg McMichael: “I’m out here at Satilla Shores and there’s a black man running down the street."

911 dispatcher: “I just need to know what he was doing wrong, was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

Greg McMichael: “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.

A little more detail:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news4jax.com/news/georgia/2020/05/05/glynn-da-recommends-grand-jury-review-as-video-emerges-of-fatal-shooting-of-unarmed-black-man/?outputType=amp

Greg McMichael, who can be seen in the video standing in the back of the truck, called 911 at 1:08 p.m.

Greg McMichael: “I’m out here at Satilla Shores and there’s a black man running down the street."

911 dispatcher: “I just need to know what he was doing wrong, was he just on the premises and not supposed to be?”

Greg McMichael: “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.

Jesus.

Reactions: mappleb
seems very similar to the Trayvon Martin case. Armed white civilian sees unarmed black man and thinks he looks suspicious, confronts him, kills him, then claims self defense.
Trayvon Martin was a thug, he got what he deserved. Martin was a criminal, and he had the guy who ultimately shot him mounted pounding his head into a cement surface with no intent on stopping. The world is better because that POS ate a bullet. This case is nothing like that, this guy was chased down for no good reason by some overzealous idiots. Reckless manslaughter is the very best they can hope for, that video is pretty damning.

I’m not sure what you’re going for here? Blacks are getting murdered by police at roughly twice the rate of their % of the population. Meaning twice the rate you’d expect. Limited information on the individual cases, but that data might not say what you think it does.
Your stats are misleading. Look at their % of the overall population, then look at their % of having committed serious crimes. They are shot twice as often because they commit over twice as many serious crimes as non blacks. It doesn’t help that hostility towards the police is taught, encouraged, and celebrated in nearly all minority neighborhoods.

Trayvon Martin was a thug, he got what he deserved. Martin was a criminal, and he had the guy who ultimately shot him mounted pounding his head into a cement surface with no intent on stopping. The world is better because that POS ate a bullet. This case is nothing like that, this guy was chased down for no good reason by some overzealous idiots. Reckless manslaughter is the very best they can hope for, that video is pretty damning.

Your stats are misleading. Look at their % of the overall population, then look at their % of having committed serious crimes. They are shot twice as often because they commit over twice as many serious crimes as non blacks. It doesn’t help that hostility towards the police is taught, encouraged, and celebrated in nearly all minority neighborhoods.

Jesus man. arent you a cop? this is terrifying combination of world views, especially when you are a dude walking around with a gun. do you not see what you are saying here? do you care?

I will certainly keep the same attitude for all crimes. Why would anyone not have the same attitude for all crimes? That makes no sense.
Because that's not how society works unfortunately. Hopefully your naive mind can come to grips with that one day.

Reactions: iceheart08
Clearly you are part of the problem with our society. There is absolutely no justification for this.
You can’t make an accurate charge unless you know the facts. What I saw looked pretty damning and those guys probably need to rot in jail. However, I would argue you are a part of the problem for jumping to a conclusion without knowing and if the facts. How many times have we seen these clear cut videos that have a different story after the fact? That video looks awful. If what you believe to be true is in fact true may that rot away.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a Brunswick neighborhood February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, telling officers later that they thought he looked like the suspect in a series of recent break-ins in the area, authorities said.

Will be very interesting once the facts are out. If they chased this guy down because he looked like a robber, hopefully they both die in prison.

even if he was a robber, that’s cold blooded murder right there. Not a law in this country that allows that.

Last edited:
You can’t make an accurate charge unless you know the facts. What I saw looked pretty damning and those guys probably need to rot in jail. However, I would argue you are a part of the problem for jumping to a conclusion without knowing and if the facts. How many times have we seen these clear cut videos that have a different story after the fact? That video looks awful. If what you believe to be true is in fact true may that rot away.

man, are you not reading the thread or the articles on topic? the "facts" are out. these guys called the police before they chased him down to tell the police there was a black man running in the neighborhood. Go look. you continuing to argue that we should wait until the facts come out is not based in reality, and it makes it look like you are just waiting for facts to prove that these guys didn't do it deliberately etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT