ADVERTISEMENT

Why are closing ceremonies so weird

Your point is that you're loud and wrong repeatedly. And despite evidence of the contrary, continue to make it about something it's not. Would be like saying having a Christmas tree means you can't also support Arbor Day.
Loud & proud! You have a very slanted definition of evidence. You do your liberal self.

I’m bummed to see the Olympics wrap up. Sure, it’s over for us, but for the athletes, and the next batch in line, the training grind starts tomorrow. They’re looking at over 5,200 hours of sweat and effort between now and the 2028 Games. With more than 11,000 athletes, that’s a jaw-dropping 57 million hours of dedication. These athletes give up time, comfort, and often their finances. And it’s not just about the medals; for 17 days, our country and the whole world unite. We could use a little more of that Olympic spirit every day.

I’m bummed to see the Olympics wrap up. Sure, it’s over for us, but for the athletes, and the next batch in line, the training grind starts tomorrow. They’re looking at over 5,200 hours of sweat and effort between now and the 2028 Games. With more than 11,000 athletes, that’s a jaw-dropping 57 million hours of dedication. These athletes give up time, comfort, and often their finances. And it’s not just about the medals; for 17 days, our country and the whole world unite. We could use a little more of that Olympic spirit every day.
The pistol shooter from Turkey practiced for about 30 minutes and won silver. Imagine if he practiced for an entire hour.

When did the feast of Dionysus become sacred? What Bible chapter refernces it?
This was in an AP news article and here is the link in case you don't believe me Apparently it was about the last supper.:

PARIS (AP) — Paris Olympics organizers apologized to anyone who was offended by a tableau that evoked Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” during the glamorous opening ceremony, but defended the concept behind it Sunday.

Da Vinci’s painting depicts the moment when Jesus Christ declared that an apostle would betray him. The scene during Friday’s ceremony featured DJ and producer Barbara Butch — an LGBTQ+ icon — flanked by drag artists and dancers.

Religious conservatives from around the world decried the segment, with the French Catholic Church’s conference of bishops deploring “scenes of derision” that they said made a mockery of Christianity — a sentiment echoed by Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova. The Anglican Communion in Egypt expressed its “deep regret” Sunday, saying the ceremony could cause the IOC to “lose its distinctive sporting identity and its humanitarian message.”

The ceremony’s artistic director Thomas Jolly had distanced his scene from any “Last Supper” parallels after the ceremony, saying it was meant to celebrate diversity and pay tribute to feasting and French gastronomy. Paris 2024 spokesperson Anne Descamps was asked about the outcry during an International Olympic Committee news conference on Sunday.

“Clearly there was never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group. On the contrary, I think (with) Thomas Jolly, we really did try to celebrate community tolerance,” Descamps said. “Looking at the result of the polls that we shared, we believe that this ambition was achieved. If people have taken any offense we are, of course, really, really sorry.”

Jolly explained his intentions to The Associated Press after the ceremony.

“My wish isn’t to be subversive, nor to mock or to shock,” Jolly said. “Most of all, I wanted to send a message of love, a message of inclusion and not at all to divide.”

This was in an AP news article and here is the link in case you don't believe me Apparently it was about the last supper.:

PARIS (AP) — Paris Olympics organizers apologized to anyone who was offended by a tableau that evoked Leonardo da Vinci’s “The Last Supper” during the glamorous opening ceremony, but defended the concept behind it Sunday.

Da Vinci’s painting depicts the moment when Jesus Christ declared that an apostle would betray him. The scene during Friday’s ceremony featured DJ and producer Barbara Butch — an LGBTQ+ icon — flanked by drag artists and dancers.

Religious conservatives from around the world decried the segment, with the French Catholic Church’s conference of bishops deploring “scenes of derision” that they said made a mockery of Christianity — a sentiment echoed by Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova. The Anglican Communion in Egypt expressed its “deep regret” Sunday, saying the ceremony could cause the IOC to “lose its distinctive sporting identity and its humanitarian message.”

The ceremony’s artistic director Thomas Jolly had distanced his scene from any “Last Supper” parallels after the ceremony, saying it was meant to celebrate diversity and pay tribute to feasting and French gastronomy. Paris 2024 spokesperson Anne Descamps was asked about the outcry during an International Olympic Committee news conference on Sunday.

“Clearly there was never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group. On the contrary, I think (with) Thomas Jolly, we really did try to celebrate community tolerance,” Descamps said. “Looking at the result of the polls that we shared, we believe that this ambition was achieved. If people have taken any offense we are, of course, really, really sorry.”

Jolly explained his intentions to The Associated Press after the ceremony.

“My wish isn’t to be subversive, nor to mock or to shock,” Jolly said. “Most of all, I wanted to send a message of love, a message of inclusion and not at all to divide.”
Pretty rich that a Russian official wants to chime in something being offensive

Maybe us redneck folk from SC are the weirds and the French are the nor

Tell me again how a French artist's interpretation of Greek mythology has anything to do with Jesus Christ? Do you think he was the blue guy on the dinner platter?
And
Tell me again how a French artist's interpretation of Greek mythology has anything to do with Jesus Christ? Do you think he was the blue guy on the dinner platter?
Tell me you don't know God and move on clown

Reactions: rscurry and TigerJR
And

Tell me you don't know God and move on clown
Animated GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT