ADVERTISEMENT

Why Bernie Rules:)

Still waiting on certain poster to tell me what percentage of poor people are hardworking??? And smart?

I will give my answer: very, very few

I hear my clients everyday bitch about not being able to find people willing to work. For well above minimum wages. With benefits

i would say a majority of amercans acrss all income levels have their degree of hard workers and lazy workers.

you are right tho i think, that you will find more disgruntled labor onthe lower end of the spectrum.

if you work 40-48 hours per week and can barely stay even or even gettng behind the flow of living, then you are going to be depressed and be disgruntled- hence lazy

Reactions: Clems0nTiger
WTF is this thread about? McDonald's as an American staple?! Sweet Baby Jesus. Most of their "food" comes from China. Just to put things in perspective, I had a "friend" who scored under a 700 on his SAT's and was McDonald's employee of the month about 6 months out of the year. Was he a hard worker? Yes. Did he even pass classes at a JUCO? NO. Was he capable of operating a 6 figure job? No chance in hell. If our country is all about giving simpletons the same salaries as people with degrees from Clemson or higher, why not read Karl Marx and try to revive Stalin? It sure as hell worked for the Russians.

Last edited:
WTF is this thread about? McDonald's as an American staple?! Sweet Baby Jesus. Most of their "food" comes from China. Just to put things in perspective, I had a "friend" who scored under a 700 on his SAT's and was McDonald's employee of the month about 6 months out of the year. Was he a hard worker? Yes. Did he even pass classes at a JUCO? NO. Was he capable of operating a 6 figure job? No chance in hell. If our country is all about giving simpletons the same salaries as people with degrees from Clemson or higher, why not read Karl Marx and try to revive Stalin? It sure as hell worked for the Russians.

mcdonalds only sources food from us farms that produce wholesome products.

you been listening to the bern lol

their beef patties are 100% badass meat

their chicken nuggets- wow! i can hear a cluck or two on every chew

and the fries are the best in the world- world famous my friend!

mcdonalds only sources food from us farms that produce wholesome products.

you been listening to the bern lol

their beef patties are 100% badass meat

their chicken nuggets- wow! i can hear a cluck or two on every chew

and the fries are the best in the world- world famous my friend!
You're literally describing In N Out to a tee, my friend haha. Christian owned and no GMO's.

McDonald's Can't Figure Out How Its Workers Survive on Minimum Wage

Well this is both embarrassing and deeply telling.

In what appears to have been a gesture of goodwill gone haywire, McDonald's recently teamed up with Visa to create a financial planning site for its low-pay workforce. Unfortunately, whoever wrote the thing seems to have been literally incapable of imagining of how a fast food employee could survive on a minimum wage income. As ThinkProgress and other outlets have reported, the site includes a sample budget that, among other laughable assumptions, presumes that workers will have a second job.

mcdonaldssamplemonthlybudget.jpg

As Jim Cook at Irregular Times notes, the $1,105 figure up top is roughly what the average McDonald's cashier earning $7.72 an hour would take home each month after payroll taxes, if they worked 40 hours a week. So this budget applies to someone just about working two full-time jobs at normal fast-food pay. (The federal minimum wage is just $7.25 an hour, by the way, but 19 states and DC set theirs higher).

A few of the other ridiculous conceits here: This hypothetical worker doesn't pay a heating bill. I guess some utilities are included in their $600 a month rent? (At the end of 2012, average rent in the U.S. was $1,048). Gas and groceries are bundled into $27 a day spending money. And this individual apparently has access to $20 a month healthcare. McDonald's, for its part, charges employees $12.58 a week for the company's most basic health plan. Well, that's if they've been with the company for a year. Otherwise, it's $14.

Now, it's possible that McDonald's and Visa meant this sample budget to reflect a two-person household. That would be a tad more realistic, after all. Unfortunately, the brochure doesn't give any indication that's the case. Nor does it change the fact that most of these expenses would apply to a single person.

Of course, minimum wage workers aren't really entirely on their own, especially if they have children. There are programs like food stamps, Medicaid, and the earned income tax credit to help them along. But that's sort of the point. When large companies make profits by paying their workers unlivable wages, we end up subsidizing their bottom lines.

Welcome to all the bleeding heart liberals that believe they don't get an advantage. The Republicans have tried for many years to get a simple tax system approved where the poor would get a larger tax break. However, the Democrats in Washington keep bowing down to lobbyist like Intuit and H&R Block to keep the tax code difficult. Otherwise, Intuit and H&R Block would lose a lot of money. The efforts by the Republicans are real...but the Democrats want people to stay poor.

Having said that, the poor get way too many incentives to not work and that needs to stop. I know this because I told my fiance' to stop working because she could get the gov't to provide more aid than she could make on a job. Once she started working again, they turned her aid off. However, there is a certain citizen group that gets aid despite their effort. And it pisses me off.

Welcome to all the bleeding heart liberals that believe they don't get an advantage. The Republicans have tried for many years to get a simple tax system approved where the poor would get a larger tax break. However, the Democrats in Washington keep bowing down to lobbyist like Intuit and H&R Block to keep the tax code difficult. Otherwise, Intuit and H&R Block would lose a lot of money. The efforts by the Republicans are real...but the Democrats want people to stay poor.

Having said that, the poor get way too many incentives to not work and that needs to stop. I know this because I told my fiance' to stop working because she could get the gov't to provide more aid than she could make on a job. Once she started working again, they turned her aid off. However, there is a certain citizen group that gets aid despite their effort. And it pisses me off.

go on...

I will answer your liberal inquiry with facts. We got married and my stepdaughter is no longer authorized FAFSA, I am not her father, but the gov't pulled her aid because I make too much much money. If she were another color, she would be able to keep that aid based on my conversations with gov't personnel.

Now, why don't you own up to how much gov't aid you are getting.

I will answer your liberal inquiry with facts. We got married and my stepdaughter is no longer authorized FAFSA, I am not her father, but the gov't pulled her aid because I make too much much money. If she were another color, she would be able to keep that aid based on my conversations with gov't personnel.
what does her color have to do with it?

sounds like a discrimination case

appalachiatiger,

If you don't understand your question, you need to move along and speak to someone with your IQ level.

Now, why don't you own up to how much gov't aid you are getting.

No no. That's called hearsay.

And FAFSA is an application.

God I love this response. Again... 5 feet.

You are a coward when facts are presented.

the facts in your story are that you are too wealthy to qualify for federal student aid.

your opinion based on hearsay is that its because you are white.

what did i miss?

blaming race is the real cowardice, especially given your own admission that you make too much money to qualify for subsidized student aid (that you erroneously called FAFSA).

the facts in your story are that you are too wealthy to qualify for federal student aid.

your opinion based on hearsay is that its because you are white.

what did i miss?

blaming race is the real cowardice, especially given your own admission that you make too much money to qualify for subsidized student aid (that you erroneously called FAFSA).

I sitll want to know how much gov't aid you are getting.

Wake up Iceheart08...you are clueless. I have to work around liberal laws because you have no common sense how the world works. It is up to the millineals to fix a problem they don't understand. I can't help them anymore.

I still want to know what the gov't pays you every month to take the liberal side?

Last edited:
Then do you disagree with @clemsonpaw00 that there's an inherent advantage based on skin color?

ha, touche, out of context, it does appear thats what im saying.

but you know my actual answer to that question. :)

to be clear blaming race in this context would be believing that people are poor BECAUSE they are black.

or that white people are rich BECAUSE they are white.

neither of which are true.

Reactions: SWUtigers
Wake up Iceheart08...you are clueless. I have to work around liberal laws because you have no common sense how the world works. It is up to the millineals to fix a problem they don't understand. I can't help them anymore.

I still want to know what the gov't pays you every month to take the liberal side?

i receive over 9000 a month in government assistance. because im lazy and stupid. also because im black.

also as @orangelvis used to say, I am also being paid an extra 12k per month to post on TI in an attempt to sway conservative opinion to the liberal side.

Reactions: ladedade
Iceheart, So what you are saying is that you get free money to promote the liberal cause. I believe it to be true.

Iceheart, So what you are saying is that you get free money to promote the liberal cause. I believe it to be true.

yup. i get 21k a month from the federal government to "promote the liberal cause". dont tell my tax guy though.

soooo many programs to take advantage of.

also, i only paid about 2k in federal income taxes and received 7k back.

here is a link to a number of the programs i take advantage of. because i am dumb and lazy black, like most poor folks.

Reactions: SWUtigers
yup. i get 21k a month from the federal government to "promote the liberal cause". dont tell my tax guy though.

soooo many programs to take advantage of.

also, i only paid about 2k in federal income taxes and received 7k back.

here is a link to a number of the programs i take advantage of. because i am dumb and lazy black, like most poor folks.

Your sarcasm doesn't work with me. Good Luck in your future. Enjoy the free money the gov't gives you despite little effort to help the country.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT