ADVERTISEMENT

Why Trump?

DaTater

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2018
Why does Trump have the cult following like he does? Is it because he went up against the Washington crowd? Was unapologetic? I get liking someone, but I don’t understand some people’s undivided devotion toward him. I’m sure this will be civil, but trying to figure it out.

Reactions: yoshi121374
I don’t like Trump, I like his policies.

I think your overestimating the people who are a “cult” like following. I think most people just defend him/devoted to him because he stands up against the radical left and Main stream media. Truth is, people are tired of the false narratives thrown on the regular by the left that divide the country and degrade republicans as the worst people on this earth.

So, I don’t think it is as much as a cult, as it’s a rebellion against the radical left and mainstream media agenda. Don’t get me wrong, there are crazies out there who are “cultish”.

Also, if it’s Obama and you defend him, then your just defending Obama and his policies.

If it’s Trump and you defend him, then your a cult follower and a racist bigoted POS.

That right there is Main stream media manipulation. The propaganda is so strong that it has even manipulated your own thought process OP.

Also, if it’s Obama and you defend him, then your just defending Obama and his policies.

If it’s Trump and you defend him, then your a cult follower and a racist bigoted POS.

That right there is Main stream media manipulation. The propaganda is so strong that it has even manipulated your own thought process OP.

Nah, all I had to see was his pressers and Twitter feed, and I knew he was an abomination without any media telling me what to think. I know I'd be embarrassed to support someone like that and I would question my own moral compass if I did. Owning the libs shouldn't be a good enough reason to accept lies, hate and divisiveness through a firehose every day.

Nah, all I had to see was his pressers and Twitter feed, and I knew he was an abomination without any media telling me what to think. I know I'd be embarrassed to support someone like that and I would question my own moral compass if I did. Owning the libs shouldn't be a good enough reason to accept lies, hate and divisiveness through a firehose every day.

Ay least Trump stands for the Constitution, I’m also not a fan of Trump the person but appreciate his balls and giving the majority of landlocked Americans a voice.

Why does Trump have the cult following like he does? Is it because he went up against the Washington crowd? Was unapologetic? I get liking someone, but I don’t understand some people’s undivided devotion toward him. I’m sure this will be civil, but trying to figure it out.

He went against a very polarizing figure, everyone assumed he would lose, and he beat her. He also tells a lot of the masses what (many of them) want to hear.

Also in the primaries he was very different than anyone else running, so the group that didn't like him was split over 9-10 candidates, while he was consolidating the ones who did. It was a stroke of genius, really.

Biden used a similar trick to win the nomination in 2020. While most candidates raced to the far left, he was more of a centrist. He got that entire block of voters. Viola.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLOtiger93
tumblr_omdny1TGMf1uhpycro8_400.gifv

You're getting a few bites though. 6/10

• Haha
Reactions: DaTater

Okay, this still has nothing to do with his policies, and the plenty of people who supported him for his policies. You can dislike someone and still like their policies.

You just went on a complete emotional rant about why you don’t like him. Well guess what? Emotions don’t run your country, policies do.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Okay, this still has nothing to do with his policies, and the plenty of people who supported him for his policies. You can dislike someone and still like their policies.

You just went on a complete emotional rant about why you don’t like him. Well guess what? Emotions don’t run your country, policies do.

Ah to the contrary my friend. Emotions can destroy the country. And that wasn't a "complete" emotional rant, I assure you ;-) but to be fair, I thought his policies sucked as well.
Ky2QUJ.jpg

Last edited:
Ah to the contrary my friend. Emotions can destroy the country. And that wasn't a "complete" emotional rant, I assure you ;-) but to be fair, I thought his policies sucked as well.
Ky2QUJ.jpg

How surprising that you mention that “emotions” can ruin the country, and then show the riot at the capitol. That event was horrific and disgusting, most aren’t denying that. You know what else was horrific? The BLM and Antifa protest that turned into millions of dollars of damage in multiple states, and took away way more lives than the Capitol riot. Regardless, both are riots and protest fueled off wrongful emotional responses. Now, tell me this, can emotions control whether your legally able to drive or not? Or is there a policy in place on how to earn an ID giving you the right to drive a car? What can the politicians do about the emotional kid who killed someone because he drove off in a car without taking drivers education? They can only change policy/law in which then the police enforce. So, whether or not you let your emotions take ahold over your actions, that has nothing to do with the law/policies in place to reprimand your illogical emotional actions. Exactly why many feel that the Capitol Riot or BLM mostly peaceful protest was justified, when in reality there is law and policy that should hold these shitty people accountable for their “emotional” actions. When will people realize that your emotions aren't always the justified true north. I live my life in logic and understanding. If I wanted to still be a toddler I’d live my life in emotion.

All in all, politicians aren’t here to help with your emotions, or to have the same exact empathy and emotion as you. Politicians are supposed to put policies in place that help America and the common American citizen live safely and fairly. Usually, that policy is somewhere in-between the spectrum of many different opinions and emotions. The new age idea is: my emotion is my opinion and should be the policy, and it should be yours too, and if not, then your a terrible person.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
How surprising that you mention that “emotions” can ruin the country, and then show the riot at the capitol. That event was horrific and disgusting, most aren’t denying that. You know what else was horrific? The BLM and Antifa protest that turned into millions of dollars of damage in multiple states, and took away way more lives than the Capitol riot. Regardless, both are riots and protest fueled off wrongful emotional responses. Now, tell me this, can emotions control whether your legally able to drive or not? Or is there a policy in place on how to earn an ID giving you the right to drive a car? What can the politicians do about the emotional kid who killed someone because he drove off in a car without taking drivers education? They can only change policy/law in which then the police enforce. So, whether or not you let your emotions take ahold over your actions, that has nothing to do with the law/policies in place to reprimand your illogical emotional actions. Exactly why many feel what the Capitol Riot or BLM mostly peaceful protest was justified, when in reality there is law and policy that should hold these shitty people accountable for their “emotional” actions. When will people realize that your emotions aren't always the justified true north. I live my life in logic and understanding. If I wanted to still be a toddler I’d live my life in emotion.

All in all, politicians aren’t here to help with your emotions, or to have the same exact empathy and emotion as you. Politicians are supposed to put policies in place that help America and the common American citizen live safely and fairly. Usually, that policy is somewhere in-between the spectrum of many different opinions and emotions. The new age idea is: my emotion is my opinion and should be the policy, and it should be yours too, and if not, then your a terrible person.

I should have listened to the angel on my good shoulder when I stepped into this thread :confused:. I knew better but did it anyway so here is my non-emotional, Cliff Notes version of my point.

Nobody agrees with what happened in the riots out west, but at least it can be said that they were caused by something that actually happened. The Capitol riot was sparked by something that DIDN'T. I don't think either was justified, but I can sleep at night knowing I don't support the loudest lying asshole this country has ever seen. If you support that person anyway, knowing that he is solely responsible for what happened at the Capitol, that's your right, but it's also why most of America thinks you are a terrible person also - no matter how wrong or right that may be.

Have a great night

I should have listened to the angel on my good shoulder when I stepped into this thread :confused:. I knew better but did it anyway so here is my non-emotional, Cliff Notes version of my point.

Nobody agrees with what happened in the riots out west, but at least it can be said that they were caused by something that actually happened. The Capitol riot was sparked by something that DIDN'T. I don't think either was justified, but I can sleep at night knowing I don't support the loudest lying asshole this country has ever seen. If you support that person anyway, knowing that he is solely responsible for what happened at the Capitol, that's your right, but it's also why most of America thinks you are a terrible person also - no matter how wrong or right that may be.

Have a great night

Every bit of violence that happened during the BLM riots was because of what specific event? Was it George Floyd’s death? Or was it Breonna Taylor’s? Or was it because Police kill blacks at an alarming rate? What specifically DID happen? At least you can admit that neither is justified. I can’t tell if you think I’m a terrible person or not. Although, I can say that If you are assuming some one is a terrible person based on them supporting a politicians policies then you are part of the problem.

BTW, no one is solely responsible for thousands of peoples actions, unless it’s a commander in war. I could go into a thousand reasons why the capital riot manifested, and could go into a thousand more why the BLM riots turned the way it did. To blame a single person for thousands of peoples actions is exactly the childish emotional response that has no critical lens or thought process what so ever. You should have deff kept listening to your angel on your shoulder saying “This is bad.” that way you could have saved your emotional self from this dialogue.

Have a wonderful night. I wish you nothing but logic, clarity, and an understanding of critical thinking.

- Love his policies.
- Love that he keeps his word related to enacting or attempting to enact policies that he promised to.
- He loves America and its people.
- He is not a globalist. America First.
- He doesnt take shit off nobody. Great leader. Great swag!!
- He is not beholden to special interests. Outsider that came in to empty the swamp. He is not done yet.

I could name more, but thats a good basic overview. Should go down as one of the greatest Presidents ever. He is not done yet.

I would appreciate it if you took my name off this post, you are using my handle to infer racist undertones and I am asking you to stop and remove the post. You are welcome to post anything under your own name but I’ll report you next, this is horrible

Reactions: Clemson Carl3
I would appreciate it if you took my name off this post, you are using my handle to infer racist undertones and I am asking you to stop and remove the post. You are welcome to post anything under your own name but I’ll report you next, this is horrible

I'm not inferring anything. That's your job. You meant implying (don't worry it's a mistake that stupid people make frequently), but I'm not doing that either. I'm explicitly calling you a racist. There's no implication there.

@Clemson Carl3 You can't fix STUPID. These left wing raciest have a one track mind. They are brain washed. You could tell them the sky is blue, but they would say no you're just a raciest and a trader. They have no use for solidarity. They are afraid of getting their feelings hurt and if you explain why they should possibly look at something in a different way or just try to, they get their little panties in a wad. I'm sure they'll call you a Karen, but most of them have no idea what that even means. Neither do I actually or even care. (This what I think about when I hear "Karen")

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Clemson Carl3
Every bit of violence that happened during the BLM riots was because of what specific event? Was it George Floyd’s death? Or was it Breonna Taylor’s? Or was it because Police kill blacks at an alarming rate? What specifically DID happen? At least you can admit that neither is justified. I can’t tell if you think I’m a terrible person or not. Although, I can say that If you are assuming some one is a terrible person based on them supporting a politicians policies then you are part of the problem.

BTW, no one is solely responsible for thousands of peoples actions, unless it’s a commander in war. I could go into a thousand reasons why the capital riot manifested, and could go into a thousand more why the BLM riots turned the way it did. To blame a single person for thousands of peoples actions is exactly the childish emotional response that has no critical lens or thought process what so ever. You should have deff kept listening to your angel on your shoulder saying “This is bad.” that way you could have saved your emotional self from this dialogue.

Have a wonderful night. I wish you nothing but logic, clarity, and an understanding of critical thinking.
So none of the people who supported Hitler were terrible people?

Note, I'm not comparing Trump to Hitler. I'm simply asking a clarifying question since your statement was 100% general.

The answer is that Trump leads a personality cult, not a serious political party. No politician should be worshipped, and I know it happened with Obama too in some instances. The main difference, is that under Obama the Democratic party never moved out of the realm of serious governance and politics to become the laughingstock that today's republican party is.

There are plenty of outspoken, fringe elements within the democratic party, but they have largely remained at the margins. Republicans gave the fringe conspiracy theorists, normally found at the margins, the seat at the head of their table.

Reactions: yoshi121374

you are such a whiny little bitch. Reporting people on a message board? You are Charmin soft.

So none of the people who supported Hitler were terrible people?

Note, I'm not comparing Trump to Hitler. I'm simply asking a clarifying question since your statement was 100% general.

Lol, of course those under Hitler and some of his followers were terrible people. Joseph Goebbels headed the most successful propaganda machine ever, he is an awful person.

I don’t understand your question. All I’m saying is blaming the whole capital riot on one person is radical. Hitler lead his people to a war and genocide, in which people were drafted (no choice) to participate. It’s a bit different, maybe not to you though....

If your trying to insinuate that Trump has some terrible people that follow him. I would agree. That also goes for Biden followers, Clemson fans, Bama fans, etc....

Last edited:
Lol, of course those under Hitler and some of his followers were terrible people. Joseph Goebbels headed the most successful propaganda machine ever, he is an awful person.

I don’t understand your question. All I’m saying is blaming the whole capital riot on one person is radical. Hitler lead his people to a war and genocide, in which people were drafted (no choice) to participate. It’s a bit different, maybe not to you though....

If your trying to get at that Trump has some terrible people that follow him. I would agree. That also goes for Biden followers, Clemson fans, Bama fans, etc....
I was talking about this specific statement in your post:

"Although, I can say that If you are assuming some one is a terrible person based on them supporting a politicians policies then you are part of the problem."

I'm only looking for clarification on this, because it makes no sense to me. Hypothetically, if we were in Germany in 1935 and I openly assumed that all of Hitler's most ardent supporters, from those in his inner circle down to his constituents, were terrible people precisely because they agreed with his policies, would I be a part of the problem? Because history showed I would have been correct in judging them so harshly.

Again, I'm not saying Trump is analogous to Hitler, I'm merely using Hitler as an example to play devil's advocate, and to make the point that sometimes politicians and their supporters are terrible people specifically because of policies or ideologies they espouse.

There's no universal playbook here.

I was talking about this specific statement in your post:

"Although, I can say that If you are assuming some one is a terrible person based on them supporting a politicians policies then you are part of the problem."

I'm only looking for clarification on this, because it makes no sense to me. Hypothetically, if we were in Germany in 1935 and I openly assumed that all of Hitler's most ardent supporters, from those in his inner circle down to his constituents, were terrible people precisely because they agreed with his policies, would I be a part of the problem? Because history showed I would have been correct in judging them so harshly.

Again, I'm not saying Trump is analogous to Hitler, I'm merely using Hitler as an example to play devil's advocate, and to make the point that sometimes politicians and their supporters are terrible people specifically because of policies or ideologies they espouse.

There's no universal playbook here.
To your point, Trump is not Hitler. Your comparing a mass genocide leader to a leader who abused Twitter. Sorry, but it’s not a fair based question.

To play along, I’ll say this: The Germans who knew of and supported such genocide, and/or segregation of the Jews were terrible people. I’m sure there were a few supporters who didn’t know of this and were good people. In regards to today, this is comparing apples to prime rib.

Fortunately, we Americans are in the best and fairest country ever in the world to its people. We don’t deal with issues or policies of segregation or genocide. The main political issues we fight over in the US are meniscal compared to back then. So, yes, me and you can have different views on FREE COLLEGE, and guess what!? We can still be friends! You want to exile me, shut me up, and call me a terrible person for a different view? Then, yes, you are the problem. Actually, to do that kind of sounds fascist doesn’t it?

To your point, Trump is not Hitler. Your comparing a mass genocide leader to a leader who abused Twitter. Sorry, but it’s not a fair based question.

To play along, I’ll say this: The Germans who knew of and supported such genocide, and/or segregation of the Jews were terrible people. I’m sure there were a few supporters who didn’t know of this and were good people. In regards to today, this is comparing apples to prime rib.

Fortunately, we Americans are in the best and fairest country ever in the world to its people. We don’t deal with issues or policies of segregation or genocide. The main political issues we fight over in the US are meniscal compared to back then. So, yes, me and you can have different views on FREE COLLEGE, and guess what!? We can still be friends! You want to exile me, shut me up, and call me a terrible person for a different view? Then, yes, you are the problem. Actually, to do that kind of sounds fascist doesn’t it?
LoL I explicitly stated this is not a comparison of Trump to Hitler. It was just a hypothetical. You obviously aren't interested in a serious conversation.

The answer is that Trump leads a personality cult, not a serious political party. No politician should be worshipped, and I know it happened with Obama too in some instances. The main difference, is that under Obama the Democratic party never moved out of the realm of serious governance and politics to become the laughingstock that today's republican party is.

There are plenty of outspoken, fringe elements within the democratic party, but they have largely remained at the margins. Republicans gave the fringe conspiracy theorists, normally found at the margins, the seat at the head of their table.

This is an admitted heavy dope smoking DumbASS!!! LOL!! You are just a little brownshirt wannabe!! F U!!

LoL I explicitly stated this is not a comparison of Trump to Hitler. It was just a hypothetical. You obviously aren't interested in a serious conversation.
I went on to answer your question in terms of today. Even asked you a few questions. Please read my response again and tell me what is not serious about what I said. Like, did you even read my post? You obviously aren’t ready to have a conversation...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT