ADVERTISEMENT

More JFK Files coming out

Healthy skepticism is not a justification for refusing to believe anything official or for giving more credence to anything that questions official accounts. You can both believe that you should be skeptical of some things the government says and that many sources questioning the government or other established sources are not credible.
Well said along with some other things you’ve stated in this thread. There are days I sincerely wonder where our nation is headed with the constant need to turn everything into a “conspiracy”.

I love conspiracies. For the most part the mere possibility of them makes things more interesting, but I rarely believe in them. With the proliferation of them these days, I wonder if I am now living in the twilight zone.

Speaking of the twilight zone, I would heavily recommend The Monsters on Maple Street. I think there is a lesson there for all of us.

I’m sure all the non-lazy people have taken lots of time to digest the 900 page Warren Commission Report, which took a year to compile.
Exactly right. This is the part that most people don’t understand. Most people are too lazy to read more than 142 characters, much less do their own research on anything.

I mean, you actually have to take time out of your day to research things and become very knowledgeable about them in whatever it is you’re researching.

What gets me about our current society is being a conspiracy theorist means doing hours up hours of research from all kinds of sources, and for a long period of time and being told you’re crazy from a person who hasn’t done a single thing but repeat what they’ve always heard. Those people think you’re crazy for actually doing research and becoming more educated on the topic.

Blows my mind, honestly. I know a person who thinks he’s the smartest person in the world and only got a public education from HS and absolutely does zero independent research. Thinks everything that’s not mainstream is a“conspiracy theory” yet, when you try to talk to him he can’t do it because he doesn’t like talking about things he doesn’t understand and “he doesn’t care about it”.

He hates politics, hates conspiracies, has no clue who his local representatives are but he can tell you who the starting QB is for almost every team in Football. He’s smarter than almost all NFL and CFB coaches every Monday.

See why I think he’s crazy? But he thinks I’m crazy…

Edit: For the record, I don’t believe the JFK “conspiracy”.

Last edited:
Exactly right. This is the part that most people don’t understand. Most people are too lazy to read more than 142 characters, much less do their own research on anything.

I mean, you actually have to take time out of your day to research things and become very knowledgeable about them in whatever it is you’re researching.

What gets me about our current society is being a conspiracy theorist means doing hours up hours of research from all kinds of sources, and for a long period of time and being told you’re crazy from a person who hasn’t done a single thing but repeat what they’ve always heard. Those people think you’re crazy for actually doing research and becoming more educated on the topic.

Blows my mind, honestly. I know a person who thinks he’s the smartest person in the world and only got a public education from HS and absolutely does zero independent research. Thinks everything that’s not mainstream is a“conspiracy theory” yet, when you try to talk to him he can’t do it because he doesn’t like talking about things he doesn’t understand and “he doesn’t care about it”.

He hates politics, hates conspiracies, has no clue who his local representatives are but he can tell you who the starting QB is for almost every team in Football. He’s smarter than almost all NFL and CFB coaches every Monday.

See why I think he’s crazy? But he thinks I’m crazy…

Edit: For the record, I don’t believe the JFK “conspiracy”.
It’s possible you’re both crazy.

Unfortunately, “doing your own research” has become a problem, too, because there’s so much unvetted information available, and because people often haven’t been educated well enough about a topic to understand the context of what they’re “researching.”

Unfortunately, “doing your own research” has become a problem, too, because there’s so much unvetted information available, and because people often haven’t been educated well enough about a topic to understand the context of what they’re “researching.”
No doubt. That unfortunately gets lumped in with people doing their own research, "they must all be uneducated to enough to cipher through what's real or not". I believe there's a fear amongst people "to be educated" thus, they're prone to shutting it down and assume all are "crazy". Those people, IMO like to believe we have it figured out already and there's nothing more to know.

Some people are driven to learn what they haven't been taught. Those people have existed throughout human history. Some of the best to ever do it never quit learning.

James Files while in prison claimed that he shot JFK from the grassy knoll. Watch his confession at this link. He claimed that JFK deserved to be shot.

Reactions: kell9941
People have fun with it, and it's more fun now because we're 60 years after the fact. When things were fresher, there was a distinct aspect of denial and anti-Americanism to the conspiracy theories from the sorts of people who couldn't accept that a communist with ties to the Soviets would do something like Oswald did. Oliver Stone is the sort of conspiracy theorist who would find an anti-American, left wing apologizing, conspiracy theory appealing.

We'll really never know, but it's a story that people like to run with. The magic bullet's trajectory is actually easy to explain, but not the condition of the bullet or where they found it. I think you're off about Oswald. He was almost too perfect of a patsy. His personality profile fits even what we know today of potential lone gunman. It's probably happened, but I've never heard any "left-wing apologizing" view that says a communist sympathizer couldn't do this. In fact, if he was picked for the job, that only makes him more credible. Him getting shot by a guy with at least tenuous ties to the criminal underworld is just a cherry on top.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
James Files while in prison claimed that he shot JFK from the grassy knoll. Watch his confession at this link. He claimed that JFK deserved to be shot.

And the problem is that there are several other mob hit men that have made the same claim on their deathbeds. I think I watched a documentary on a French mobster that was hired to make the hit.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
We'll really never know, but it's a story that people like to run with. The magic bullet's trajectory is actually easy to explain, but not the condition of the bullet or where they found it. I think you're off about Oswald. He was almost too perfect of a patsy. His personality profile fits even what we know today of potential lone gunman. It's probably happened, but I've never heard any "left-wing apologizing" view that says a communist sympathizer couldn't do this. In fact, if he was picked for the job, that only makes him more credible. Him getting shot by a guy with at least tenuous ties to the criminal underworld is just a cherry on top.
I’m not saying that he was part of a left-wing movement or conspiracy, but that he was a communist sympathizer himself. Most of the political feeling around the assassination has been lost to time, at this point. At the time, though, the immediate reaction was that Kennedy must’ve been killed by a right winger, and it didn’t compute for many that Kennedy would be killed by a true-red, anti-colonial communist.

While Oswald may fit some of the personality profile characteristics of a lone gunman, let’s not forget that he also had defected to the Soviet Union, became disaffected with the Soviets for not being sufficiently anti-colonial (siding with Mao, Castro, and Ho), and had been involved in other left-wing violence like attempting to kill Edwin Walker, being arrested for an altercation with anti-Castro activists, and threatening to kill the president when seeking to travel to Cuba through the Mexican consulate.

To me, it’s one of these things where reality is crazier, or more shocking and immediate, than the myth/conspiracy theory. If you take the facts at face value without starting with a prejudice towards conspiracy, the facts make sense. If you start trying to tie the facts into other things you suspect were going on, then you’re going to lean towards a broader conspiracy.

Last edited:
Look up Dorothy Kilgallen. She was well known for being a panelist on the TV show What's My Line, but was also an Investigative Journalist. Apparently, she had gained the trust of Jack Ruby and had stated to others that she was close to breaking some major new information when she died from an accidental OD of drugs and alcohol. BTW, the information/files she had on the Ruby/JFK case were never found.

Well said along with some other things you’ve stated in this thread. There are days I sincerely wonder where our nation is headed with the constant need to turn everything into a “conspiracy”.

I love conspiracies. For the most part the mere possibility of them makes things more interesting, but I rarely believe in them. With the proliferation of them these days, I wonder if I am now living in the twilight zone.

Speaking of the twilight zone, I would heavily recommend The Monsters on Maple Street. I think there is a lesson there for all of us.
One of my favorite episodes. Yes, I agree with you.

Reactions: 88MechEng
It will be a deep dive, very revealing, we can only hope……….

Marilyn Monroe Wind GIF
marilyn monroe GIF by Maudit
marilyn monroe GIF
There are two deaths that were in the wake of John F. Kennedy's assignation. Marilyn Monroe and reporter Dorothy Kilgallen. Many feel they were killed (by CIA or FBI) for their knowledge of what happened. Dorothy had received from a source knowledge that she was going to include in an upcoming article, and was suspiciously found dead in her house before the article could be printed.

There are two deaths that were in the wake of John F. Kennedy's assignation. Marilyn Monroe and reporter Dorothy Kilgallen. Many feel they were killed (by CIA) for their knowledge of what happened. Dorothy had received from a source knowledge that she was going to include in an upcoming article, and was suspiciously found dead in her house before the article could be printed.

That sounds like quite an assignation.

• Haha
Reactions: iceheart08
I've seen a few documentaries on it and one theory was the shot was fired from a storm drain on the right side of the road.

I think in any situation it’s very important to leave the door cracked open for some degree of skepticism/doubt, even certain things that have been “scientifically proven,” because, well, science can change and human understanding of the world around them changes and evolves over time.

People are naturally fearful creatures, and we take comfort in knowing all these “truths” that we accept nowadays simply because it’s all we know and what we’ve been told our entire lives. People get uncomfortable when you start to challenge their beliefs; it means they have been living a lie and that is very difficult to cope with psychologically.

Just a few centuries ago, you could’ve been burned at the stake for suggesting the Earth was not flat or was not the center of the universe. Just a few decades ago, people were ignorant to the dangers of smoking, lead paint, and other common everyday practices/products. And today, we have people who don’t believe in aliens and think that the 2 most structurally sound buildings in the world collapsed at free fall speed with no resistance due to being hit by an airplane.

Maybe Oswald acted alone and shot JFK from the windo of the book depository. But maybe he didn’t. Something tells me we will never know the whole story
Very wise and well written. Those who are afraid of a questionable reality are often very smug and prideful. Arrogant..not even open to conversation about certain topics. cognitive dissonance

Very wise and well written. Those who are afraid of a questionable reality are often very smug and prideful. Arrogant..not even open to conversation about certain topics. cognitive dissonance
Yes. I would add myopic. For some folks, their wheels start to come off when you begin to question certain things. I don't have conversations with my folks about religion because they immediately shut down.

Not that I disagree, in principle, I don’t. Just curious, have you ever heard of Operation Northwoods?
No, but am familiar with Operation Mongoose, a related operation, designed by Lansdale, who was a former CIA operative and was effective in Philippines and active in the early years of Vietnam. I am aware of speculation regarding his involvement in the asssination. There were a lot of false flag operations (most were utter failures) in the Cold War Era. An excellent book that I recently read on the CIA in those years is The Quiet Americans by Scott Anderson.

Last edited:
Reactions: clemsonu0219
The devils chessboard by David talbot goes into detail more about Allen Dulles but lot of the book is dedicated to the Kennedy’s. Long but very interesting read

@other1…where did you read about that? Would like to get book. Thx

The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza is worth the time if you're interested..... great history/coverage etc of that event and time.
Grew up in Dallas and didn’t visit until I was 21 haha. Ran into my hs best friend there at his first time as well.

They do a good job of presenting the facts and the holes that create the conspiracy theory.

i think i remember that episode,

You’re a tool of the system. Sad that you don’t recognize that. You posted earlier about watching out for conspiracy theories with Covid 19 as an example. How often are you sheared?

All these years later, this is still just a fascinating subject. It's too bad that we'll never really know exactly what happened or how it was planned.
JFK was killed because in a speech he gave in 1961 when he said, “There’s a shadow government (NWO) these people do not have America’s or the American people’s best interest @ heart. Before I get out of office, I’m going to expose them. “

George Bush SR was the head of the CIA @ the time. Bush SR was a Committee of 300 Member in the NWO. Bush SR planned JFK’s Assassination.

One can listen to JFK’s speech by searching JFK’s speech on Secret Societies in 1961.

I encourage y’all to listen to George Bush’s speech on The NWO in 1991. Search George Bush SR’s Speech On The New World Order in 1991.

If you’re not willing to listen to the speeches, Don’t Scoff!

JFK was killed because in a speech he gave in 1961 when he said, “There’s a shadow government (NWO) these people do not have America’s or the American people’s best interest @ heart. Before I get out of office, I’m going to expose them. “

George Bush SR was the head of the CIA @ the time. Bush SR was a Committee of 300 Member in the NWO. Bush SR planned JFK’s Assassination.

One can listen to JFK’s speech by searching JFK’s speech on Secret Societies in 1961.

I encourage y’all to listen to George Bush’s speech on The NWO in 1991. Search George Bush SR’s Speech On The New World Order in 1991.

Do you look at that event as a coup with the perpetrators basically controlling the nation since? What we now call the deep state or the uniparty? I think its probably the case myself.

Reactions: yemassee
That sounds like quite an assignation.
It's this Apple computer. It has something that decides what a word will/should be as you type it. It will sometimes insert that word. I try to read what I type before posting but I didn't this time. But, I am about to soon take this 2020 MacBook Air and drop kick it to the backyard then dance on it. And then go buy me a Dell with Windows!!! MacBook with the OS Operating system sucks!!!

Hey, by the way. Did Cris appoint you as one of his Word Police? If so, it that title should be on your profile. :rolleyes:

George HW Bush was Director of the CIA in the late 70s, but don’t let that slow you down!

I’m sure all the non-lazy people have taken lots of time to digest the 900 page Warren Commission Report, which took a year to compile.
So the govt conducts an investigation on the govt, concludes the govt was not involved, and were just supposed to take it at face value?

Just shows how far your head is up your ass

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT