ADVERTISEMENT

“Where is Nancy?”

Thats where the hard part comes in. Since they tell so much misinformation its hard to trust when they do tell the truth. When you get two different stories from two news sources the truth tends to be somewhere in between them both...
So it appears the "truth" is what you believe regardless.

Thats where the hard part comes in. Since they tell so much misinformation its hard to trust when they do tell the truth. When you get two different stories from two news sources the truth tends to be somewhere in between them both...

Yes. We already get it. You can't tell the difference between fact and nonsense. You've made that abundantly clear. That's why you should go back to only reading the paper so that people smarter than you can handle that task for you.

So it appears the "truth" is what you believe regardless.
Facts are facts. We dont have our own facts. There tends to be some truth told by each side but not the whole truth. The hard part is figuring out what the whole truth is. Starting point being what both agree on about a story. In this story that would be a bad guy attacked Mr Pelosi . What each side doesnt agree with is motive. All the other stuff doesnt matter. Figure out the motive then the rest falls into place. The security footage might shed a bunch of light on things...

Yes. We already get it. You can't tell the difference between fact and nonsense. You've made that abundantly clear. That's why you should go back to only reading the paper so that people smarter than you can handle that task for you.
Well we know your not one of those people dont we? Did you runout of xanax? Better get a refill nov 8 is almost here...

Reactions: TigerGrowls
sounds an awful lot like you're blaming dems for MAGA folks being completely unhinged and listening to their news outlets/representatives who say inflammatory things.

i don't disagree that rhetoric needs to improve and casting blame doesn't really help anyone, but i mean it's pretty obvious that some of the spicy takes some elected officials, and other talking heads, have espoused helped foster this kind of reaction
What did Nancy do when the supreme court was under attack ? She did nothing but delay protection until Kavanaugh was almost killed by leftist trash stirred up by Pelosi and Shumer

sounds an awful lot like you're blaming dems for MAGA folks being completely unhinged and listening to their news outlets/representatives who say inflammatory things.

i don't disagree that rhetoric needs to improve and casting blame doesn't really help anyone, but i mean it's pretty obvious that some of the spicy takes some elected officials, and other talking heads, have espoused helped foster this kind of reaction
Yep, just like the potus and his staff encouraging protestors outside supreme court justice homes and refusing to enforce the laws prohibiting such. Short memory on the dem side of things.

Also, a dem protestor was just convicted of murder this week during george floyd riots, wisc parade driver just convicted of 6 counts of murder - but yeah, one attack by a nut job on a dem politician and all logic goes right out the window.

Dem political attacks vastly outnumber pub attacks. I would also agree it is pretty directly tied to the political rhetoric coming from dem politicians and dem media.

Reactions: Chetsu and jakefest
the two of you need to take a good long ****ing look in the mirror. you've amplified nonsense, believed it, and are now openly questioning whether paul pelosi was in some kind of sordid love affair that led to his attack? absolutely ****ing embarrassing.

what you are doing is LITERALLY what led to this attack, and many others. absolute nonsense.
What lead to this attack was mental instability and a severe drug problem. You have no more evidence that right wing political rhetoric was the driver over others suggesting that this was an alternative lifestyle booty call. The reality is, the house is surrounded by CCTV security cams and the cops will eventually release the body cam footage so we will all know in due course what happened at the scene. If they don't release the CCTV footage or the body cam footage, then you have your answer.

The attacker seemed more mentally f*cked up than a football bat but sure, let's blame MAGA.........you're trying to incriminate the millions of conservative voters for literally .0001% of the crazies on the far right, it's disingenuous and is commonplace in politics on both sides. The harsh reality though is both the left and the right have had ample opportunity to stamp out politically related violence but both would rather use it as a vote getting whipping stick versus actually putting effort towards solving it. This a great reminder that politics and elections are nothing more than popularity contests.

Your issue (and a few others) is that you want everyone on here that doesn't vote the same as you to agree with your stance that it's right wing violence but to achieve that, you would have to admit the left has helped normalize the violence against the other party........so despite you seeming somewhat pragmatic and rational, you don't seem capable of doing that so finger pointing will resume.

Also, the take that these guys are driving what lead to the attack is nonsense.......why is reposting tweets from someone they don't know, any different than the left jumping to the conclusion that this was a right wing radical who wanted to kill Nancy Pelosi? You literally have no facts yet, no different than the other narrative. It's a message board for christ's sake. If you're angry about bad information making it to the public sphere, start with media and work your way down.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
the two of you need to take a good long ****ing look in the mirror. you've amplified nonsense, believed it, and are now openly questioning whether paul pelosi was in some kind of sordid love affair that led to his attack? absolutely ****ing embarrassing.

what you are doing is LITERALLY what led to this attack, and many others. absolute nonsense.

I think I clearly said educate me based on rumors I an hearing

If the scrutiny is a problem then it speaks for itself

That you disparage me inferring me asking to be enlightened is a problem then I see where the problem begins

I will wait till the investigation is further along so i can be better informed

I think I clearly said educate me based on rumors I an hearing

If the scrutiny is a problem then it speaks for itself

That you disparage me inferring me asking to be enlightened is a problem then I see where the problem begins

I will wait till the investigation is further along so i can be better informed

Scrutiny should never be a problem. Especially when a political party is using the event as a cudgel for their desired narrative. Don't want scrutiny? Don't politicize the event.

Glad there was football to distract me from this thread this weekend... Wish Paul the best, he's a human first and foremost. Regardless of politics, imagine if it was your grandfather that was attacked. Horrific, glad he seems to be rebounding/is expected to make a full recovery

Couple of notes:

1. CBS made a reporting error so there wasn't a third person in the house - People should discard that.
2. Protective glass often breaks outward when struck so any efforts to indicate that the glass was broken from the inside seem flimsy at best.
3. The Police information seems pretty accurate.
4. Pelosi referred to the assailant as a friend. It seems highly likely he did that because he was trying to calm the person when he was on the phone with 911. Very viable tactic and doesn't mean he knew the guy. This whole "they were lovers" thing is absurd. Lots of people sleep in their underwear or less.

IMO, seems like all the conspiracy crap is just that, crap. We should let it go and deal with the bigger issues which is people who are mentally ill roaming the streets. Especially people who have a history of abuse toward their kids and their romantic partners. I mean really, why the hell was he not locked up?

Couple of notes:

1. CBS made a reporting error so there wasn't a third person in the house - People should discard that.
2. Protective glass often breaks outward when struck so any efforts to indicate that the glass was broken from the inside seem flimsy at best.
4. Pelosi referred to the assailant as a friend. It seems highly likely he did that because he was trying to calm the person when he was on the phone with 911. Very viable tactic and doesn't mean he knew the guy. This whole "they were lovers" thing is absurd. Lots of people sleep in their underwear or less.

IMO, seems like all the conspiracy crap is just that, crap. We should let it go and deal with the bigger issues which is people who are mentally ill roaming the streets. Especially people who have a history of abuse toward their kids and their romantic partners. I mean really, why the hell was he not locked up?
Given its Halloween today, how many scary movies do the people wake up to an intruder and they don't get dressed? Uhhhh like probably 99%; and yes the 911 operator was likely attempting to deescalate the situation, which is part of their job

Couple of notes:

I think it's great that you are acknowledging that the right wing BS about this story is just that... BS. (even after you started another thread promoting the BS) But it's too late, IMO. The cat is out of the bag. Just like the "stolen election" BS, once it is out there, it is never coming back. The majority of the mouth breathers in this thread are going to believe the BS, no matter how many times they are shown that it is not true.

Couple of notes:

I have not seen a bunch of info on the 911 call, but what I saw said he was able to make the call when he convinced the assailant to let him go to the bathroom. Doesn't sound like the attacker let him call the police. Begs the question why would you not lock yourself in the bathroom if you had enough privacy to make a phone call.
Biggest question is how he got in to start with. Did security have the night off? How did he break the windows?

Scrutiny should never be a problem. Especially when a political party is using the event as a cudgel for their desired narrative. Don't want scrutiny? Don't politicize the event.

Hopefully we all wait to hear the details

First and foremost the health and well being of all involved is paramount

Based on the additional information I have seen in the media it appears that the guy broke in and was in a daze

Thats why Paul Pelosi had time to call 911 and talk
or that is what I think

Let’s be respecful of the family in this time

I think it's great that you are acknowledging that the right wing BS about this story is just that... BS. (even after you started another thread promoting the BS) But it's too late, IMO. The cat is out of the bag. Just like the "stolen election" BS, once it is out there, it is never coming back. The majority of the mouth breathers in this thread are going to believe the BS, no matter how many times they are shown that it is not true.

I posted something that came from a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who has had a history of breaking big stories no one would have believed otherwise. He didn't start something unfounded. He just said there are questions that should be answered. Again, scrutiny is always warranted. Saying we want to scrutinize things doesn't mean we want to conjure up conspiracy theories. When this happened, you were all too eager to run with the Trump effect causing this. We are also finding out that isn't really the case now that information is coming out about the mental state of this man and his history overall. Also, maybe you should realize you're one of the mouth breathers you seem to dislike so much. Your history shows you're about as balanced as a one man tied to a 500lb. anchor.

I posted something that came from a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist who has had a history of breaking big stories no one would have believed otherwise. He didn't start something unfounded. He just said there are questions that should be answered. Again, scrutiny is always warranted. Saying we want to scrutinize things doesn't mean we want to conjure up conspiracy theories. When this happened, you were all too eager to run with the Trump effect causing this. We are also finding out that isn't really the case now that information is coming out about the mental state of this man and his history overall. Also, maybe you should realize you're one of the mouth breathers you seem to dislike so much. Your history shows you're about as balanced as a one man tied to a 500lb. anchor.

Your history shows you're about as balanced as a one man tied to a 500lb. anchor.

WTF does that even mean, you mouth-breathing yokel? That is the kind of nonsense I would expect from the #28 ranked mortgage guy in Calhoun, Ga.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73

They just lie and change the story when it suits them. It not just one side of the MSM it all sides of the MSM...

Reactions: TigerGrowls
i mean this with my whole being. you obviously dont have the intellect to handle the internet. you are absolutely incapable of discerning good info from bad and you should cancel your contract with your ISP and just go back to the newspaper.
^^^^^
This guy would give apptiger a run for his money in a smoothest brain contest

What did Nancy do when the supreme court was under attack ? She did nothing but delay protection until Kavanaugh was almost killed by leftist trash stirred up by Pelosi and Shumer
That’s awfully revisionist and claiming kavanaugh was almost killed is hilariously hyperbolic

They just lie and change the story when it suits them. It not just one side of the MSM it all sides of the MSM...
No they misinterpreted the sheriff’s words during this press conference, and then modified it as they got additional info. Kind of goes to show you how easy it is to get information wrong when you’re rushing to be the first person to release an article.

From the DA - “The other thing is we want to make it clear that there were only two people in the home at the time that the police arrived, Mr. Pelosi and the suspect, there was no third person present,” she said.

Reactions: firegiver
Your history shows you're about as balanced as a one man tied to a 500lb. anchor.

WTF does that even mean, you mouth-breathing yokel? That is the kind of nonsense I would expect from the #28 ranked mortgage guy in Calhoun, Ga.
Here you go again…

Get it all out before next Tuesday.. ‼️😂

Reactions: loveoysters
^^^^^^^

Normalizing political violence example here

kavenaugh had to exit the fancy steak restaurant that he was eating in through the back door in order to not get hassled by protesters who were peacefully protesting.

Excellent article that addresses the denialism and whataboutism on the right. Copied and pasted below since it's behind a paywall.

"It should not be controversial to say that America has a major problem with right-wing political violence. The evidence continues to accumulate — yet the GOP continues to deny responsibility for this horrifying trend.

On Friday, a man enflamed by right-wing conspiracy theories (including QAnon) entered the San Francisco home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and attacked her 82-year-old husband with a hammer, fracturing Paul Pelosi’s skull. “Where is Nancy?” he reportedly shouted, echoing the mob that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, at President Donald Trump’s instigation. This comes after years of Republican demonization of the House speaker, a figure of hatred for the right rivaled only by Hillary Clinton.

The same day as the Pelosi attack, a man pleaded guilty to making death threats against Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.). Two days earlier, three men who were motivated by right-wing, anti-lockdown hysteria after covid-19 hit were convicted of aiding a plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D). In August, another man died after attacking an FBI office because he was so upset about the bureau’s search of Mar-a-Lago. “We must respond with force,” he wrote on Trump’s Truth Social website.

Then there are all the terrible hate crimes, in cities including Pittsburgh, El Paso and Buffalo, where gunmen were motivated by the kind of racist rhetoric — especially the “great replacement theory” — now openly espoused on Fox “News.”

This is where any fair-minded journalist has to offer an obligatory “to be sure” paragraph: To be sure, political violence is not confined to the right. Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) was shot in 2017 by a gunman with leftist beliefs, and in June, a man was arrested for allegedly plotting to assassinate Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh after becoming incensed about court rulings on abortion and guns.

Republican leaders cite those attacks to exonerate themselves of any responsibility for political violence. “Violence is up across the board,” Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said on Sunday, arguing that it’s “unfair” to blame anti-Pelosi rhetoric for the assault on Pelosi’s husband.

Violence is unacceptable whether from the left or right, period. But we can’t allow GOP leaders to get away with this false moral equivalency. They are evading their responsibility for their extremist rhetoric that all too often motivates extremist actions.

The New America think tank found last year that, since Sept. 11, 2001, far-right terrorists had killed 122 people in the United States, compared with only one killed by far-leftists. A study from the Center for Strategic and International Studies last year found that, since 2015, right-wing extremists had been involved in 267 plots or attacks, compared with 66 for left-wing extremists. A Washington Post-University of Maryland survey released in January found that 40 percent of Republicans said violence against the government can be justified, compared with only 23 percent of Democrats.

There is little doubt about what is driving political violence: the ascendance of Trump. The former president and his followers use violent rhetoric of extremes: Trump calls President Biden an “enemy of the state,” attacks the FBI as “monsters,” refers to the “now Communist USA” and even wrote that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has a “DEATH WISH” for disagreeing with him. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) has expressed support for executing Nancy Pelosi and other leading Democrats. Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Tex.) has tweeted that “the America Last Marxists … are radically and systematically DESTROYING our country.”

That type of extremist rhetoric used to be confined to fringe organizations such as the John Birch Society. Now it’s the GOP mainstream, with predictable consequences. The U.S. Capitol Police report that threats against members of Congress have risen more than tenfold since Trump’s election in 2016, up to 9,625 last year.

The sickness on the right was on display after news broke about the attack on Paul Pelosi. While leading Republicans condemned the horrific assault, the MAGA base seethed with sick jokes making light of the violence and insane conspiracy theories. (Filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza suggested that the attack was “a romantic tryst that went awry.”)

Karen Tumulty: Glenn Youngkin's riff about the attack on Paul Pelosi is not just tasteless but dangerous

There was, alas, no sign of the GOP taking responsibility for fomenting hatred. Kari Lake, the GOP nominee for governor of Arizona, blamed “leftist elected officials who have not enforced the laws.” Naturally, Republicans accuse Democrats of being “divisive” for citing Republican rhetoric as a contributing factor to political violence.

It’s true that, by calling out GOP extremism, Democrats do risk exacerbating the polarization of politics. But they can’t simply ignore this dangerous trend. And it’s not Democrats who are pushing our country to the brink: A New York Times study found that MAGA members of Congress who refused to accept the results of the 2020 election used polarizing language at nearly triple the rate of Democrats.

So please don’t accept the GOP framing of the assault on Paul Pelosi as evidence of a problem plaguing “both sides of the aisle.” Political violence in America is being driven primarily by the far right, not the far left, and the far right is much closer to the mainstream of the Republican Party than the far left is to the Democratic Party."

Last edited:
Excellent article that addresses the denialism and whataboutism on the right. Copied and pasted below since it's behind a paywall.

"It should not be controversial to say that America has a major problem with right-wing political violence. The evidence continues to accumulate — yet the GOP continues to deny responsibility for this horrifying trend.

On Friday, a man enflamed by right-wing conspiracy theories (including QAnon) entered the San Francisco home of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and attacked her 82-year-old husband with a hammer, fracturing Paul Pelosi’s skull. “Where is Nancy?” he reportedly shouted, echoing the mob that stormed the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, at President Donald Trump’s instigation. This comes after years of Republican demonization of the House speaker, a figure of hatred for the right rivaled only by Hillary Clinton.

The same day as the Pelosi attack, a man pleaded guilty to making death threats against Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.). Two days earlier, three men who were motivated by right-wing, anti-lockdown hysteria after covid-19 hit were convicted of aiding a plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D). In August, another man died after attacking an FBI office because he was so upset about the bureau’s search of Mar-a-Lago. “We must respond with force,” he wrote on Trump’s Truth Social website.

Then there are all the terrible hate crimes, in cities including Pittsburgh, El Paso and Buffalo, where gunmen were motivated by the kind of racist rhetoric — especially the “great replacement theory” — now openly espoused on Fox “News.”

This is where any fair-minded journalist has to offer an obligatory “to be sure” paragraph: To be sure, political violence is not confined to the right. Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) was shot in 2017 by a gunman with leftist beliefs, and in June, a man was arrested for allegedly plotting to assassinate Supreme Court Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh after becoming incensed about court rulings on abortion and guns.

Republican leaders cite those attacks to exonerate themselves of any responsibility for political violence. “Violence is up across the board,” Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said on Sunday, arguing that it’s “unfair” to blame anti-Pelosi rhetoric for the assault on Pelosi’s husband.

Violence is unacceptable whether from the left or right, period. But we can’t allow GOP leaders to get away with this false moral equivalency. They are evading their responsibility for their extremist rhetoric that all too often motivates extremist actions.

The New America think tank found last year that, since Sept. 11, 2001, far-right terrorists had killed 122 people in the United States, compared with only one killed by far-leftists. A study from the Center for Strategic and International Studies last year found that, since 2015, right-wing extremists had been involved in 267 plots or attacks, compared with 66 for left-wing extremists. A Washington Post-University of Maryland survey released in January found that 40 percent of Republicans said violence against the government can be justified, compared with only 23 percent of Democrats.

There is little doubt about what is driving political violence: the ascendance of Trump. The former president and his followers use violent rhetoric of extremes: Trump calls President Biden an “enemy of the state,” attacks the FBI as “monsters,” refers to the “now Communist USA” and even wrote that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has a “DEATH WISH” for disagreeing with him. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) has expressed support for executing Nancy Pelosi and other leading Democrats. Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Tex.) has tweeted that “the America Last Marxists … are radically and systematically DESTROYING our country.”

That type of extremist rhetoric used to be confined to fringe organizations such as the John Birch Society. Now it’s the GOP mainstream, with predictable consequences. The U.S. Capitol Police report that threats against members of Congress have risen more than tenfold since Trump’s election in 2016, up to 9,625 last year.

The sickness on the right was on display after news broke about the attack on Paul Pelosi. While leading Republicans condemned the horrific assault, the MAGA base seethed with sick jokes making light of the violence and insane conspiracy theories. (Filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza suggested that the attack was “a romantic tryst that went awry.”)

Karen Tumulty: Glenn Youngkin's riff about the attack on Paul Pelosi is not just tasteless but dangerous

There was, alas, no sign of the GOP taking responsibility for fomenting hatred. Kari Lake, the GOP nominee for governor of Arizona, blamed “leftist elected officials who have not enforced the laws.” Naturally, Republicans accuse Democrats of being “divisive” for citing Republican rhetoric as a contributing factor to political violence.

It’s true that, by calling out GOP extremism, Democrats do risk exacerbating the polarization of politics. But they can’t simply ignore this dangerous trend. And it’s not Democrats who are pushing our country to the brink: A New York Times study found that MAGA members of Congress who refused to accept the results of the 2020 election used polarizing language at nearly triple the rate of Democrats.

So please don’t accept the GOP framing of the assault on Paul Pelosi as evidence of a problem plaguing “both sides of the aisle.” Political violence in America is being driven primarily by the far right, not the far left, and the far right is much closer to the mainstream of the Republican Party than the far left is to the Democratic Party."

your intelligence is showing

kavenaugh had to exit the fancy steak restaurant that he was eating in through the back door in order to not get hassled by protesters who were peacefully protesting.

Protesting in any form against the judicial side of government is forbidden by law except if the libs and Dems disagree with you

Then they doxx you threaten assassination and have protests against the written law

So guess it was peaceful like the 574 riots the other year in which multiple people died across that year

What a waste of words

See you next Wednesday

Looking to Red Sky that morning

Can't tell if you're being intentionally dumb or just your normal dumb.

They arrested a man outside of his house who was geared up to kill him and his family, which the assailant openly admitted. Think he might have had zip ties too, probably a Jan 6th right winger masquerading as a purple haired "men can get pregnant" liberal.

Reactions: loveoysters
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT