ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

would you be willing to share your thoughts/evaluation (detailed or more vague) on how the prosecution and defense did over the course of the trial?

if not, no worries...just curious.
I am far from an expert, but I think they all did a very good job with the reality of their case.

Prosecution. I was impressed with entire team. With no direct evidence and a bungled crime scene, they had to focus on the lies and they did that. It was a relatively easy story to tell with the GPS, Onstar, Video and the lying ass liar on the stand, but over 6 weeks, very difficult to stay on point and they did that. I thought Meadors went a bit overboard on the closing, but it may work with the jury. You have to show some anger at a guy that just lies and lies and lies some more.

Defense. Also a good job considering they were blindsided by some of the evidence. Not at trial necessarily, but certainly after they took the case. It is SO hard to overcome a proven liar as a client. Little disappointed with Griffin's close and Dick, well, being Dick sometimes, but they did a very good job overall. I would have hammered and hammered on time of death as that is, in my mind, one of the only variables that helps repair the timeline, but they have forgotten more than I know, so I am sure they had their reasons.

Without knowing the jury makeup, it is impossible to really say who was the most effective, but damn would I hate to have to defend a guy that was a proven liar and thief. So tough.

I am far from an expert, but I think they all did a very good job with the reality of their case.

Prosecution. I was impressed with entire team. With no direct evidence and a bungled crime scene, they had to focus on the lies and they did that. It was a relatively easy story to tell with the GPS, Onstar, Video and the lying ass liar on the stand, but over 6 weeks, very difficult to stay on point and they did that. I thought Meadors went a bit overboard on the closing, but it may work with the jury. You have to show some anger at a guy that just lies and lies and lies some more.

Defense. Also a good job considering they were blindsided by some of the evidence. Not at trial necessarily, but certainly after they took the case. It is SO hard to overcome a proven liar as a client. Little disappointed with Griffin's close and Dick, well, being Dick sometimes, but they did a very good job overall. I would have hammered and hammered on time of death as that is, in my mind, one of the only variables that helps repair the timeline, but they have forgotten more than I know, so I am sure they had their reasons.

Without knowing the jury makeup, it is impossible to really say who was the most effective, but damn would I hate to have to defend a guy that was a proven liar and thief. So tough.
On a side note, I would have fired the woman in the row behind the prosecutors who kept making faces whenever Dick and Jim were making points. That is how you can lose a jury no matter how good your case is.

I had my doubts this would make it until tomorrow . The guy is clearly guilty, any intelligent person can see that.

Reactions: Tigerpaw00
Some of the rulings of the judge and the fact SLED lied to the grand jury tells me this will eventually get overturned.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

Some of the rulings of the judge and the fact SLED lied to the grand jury tells me this will eventually get overturned.
So why did Alex lie as well and manipulate people to establish an alibi for him???

Quietest that bastard has ever been in his life right now...

Sentencing deferred til later date to let families speak out...will be done at 9am tomorrow

Reactions: yemassee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT