ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Here's the interesting though on an appeal. Does AM have the $ to pay these high priced guys for another bunch of weeks of trial time?

What do you think AM's bill is for his defense? The defense team's catered lodging had to cost them seven figures.
Most high dollar criminal defense lawyers get a lump sum up front. A VERY hefty one.

I'd think that place would cost $20,000 to rent just for a wedding. But I'll admit I'm not expert on these things. I see an article where is does say a little over $20k per week.

What a bargain.
Lot of Options and I am sure the prices listed are just the beginning as food drinks, boats etc

https://www.edenatgracefield.com/

Yup, but does AM have any money anymore. Surely the law firm sued him for the thief. The Satterfields will be suing him for at least $4.5 million. He doesn't have a job or income anymore.

I know he was a wealthy man, but not that wealthy.

PS. Did a little research. Here's a good read on his assets.

I’m pretty sure it was revealed that Alex cashed in his 401k and allocated $600k towards his defense. I think that was revealed in one of the settlements of the lawsuits

they said they are giving them a "reduced rate" for the week. Typically right at 21k.

"The team rented all five homes "nestled between lakes and tranquil forests" about eight miles from the Colleton County Courthouse for a little less than the list price of $20,475 a week.

"We did give them a little discount because of the length of the stay," said Laura Walker, who runs the venue with her entrepreneur husband, Paul Walker."

here is the article

Venue

pictures

Vintage+Design+-+3985+Charleston+Hwy+-PhotosByPatrickBrickman-058.jpg
Eden+at+Gracefield+wedding+venue+exclusive+rental

virtual tours of the houses

Reactions: yemassee
And one part, pointed out by Waters yesterday, that I find extremely damning/revealing:

Not one time during his testimony, or at any other time, has AM said "If only I'd have been there a few minutes later I'd have been able to maybe save the lives of my wife and son."

That's what an innocent man spends the rest of his life torturing himself over.

great addition

Reactions: yemassee
[QUOTE="castlesl, post: 5318971, member: 457
SLEDs minor screw ups in no way are as big of a deal as AM's lies.
[/QUOTE]

Minor screwups, yeah you’re right, lying to a grand jury to get an indictment is a small screwup.

And one part, pointed out by Waters yesterday, that I find extremely damning/revealing:

Not one time during his testimony, or at any other time, has AM said "If only I'd have been there a few minutes later I'd have been able to maybe save the lives of my wife and son."

This

Yup, but does AM have any money anymore. Surely the law firm sued him for the thief. The Satterfields will be suing him for at least $4.5 million. He doesn't have a job or income anymore.

I know he was a wealthy man, but not that wealthy.

PS. Did a little research. Here's a good read on his assets.

Pretty sure the Satterfield's have been paid

they said they are giving them a "reduced rate" for the week. Typically right at 21k.

"The team rented all five homes "nestled between lakes and tranquil forests" about eight miles from the Colleton County Courthouse for a little less than the list price of $20,475 a week.

"We did give them a little discount because of the length of the stay," said Laura Walker, who runs the venue with her entrepreneur husband, Paul Walker."

here is the article

Venue

pictures

Vintage+Design+-+3985+Charleston+Hwy+-PhotosByPatrickBrickman-058.jpg
Eden+at+Gracefield+wedding+venue+exclusive+rental

virtual tours of the houses
Grew up in the area.....do not recall a number of lakes lol

Reactions: nmerritt11
What can you do when the evidence is not in your favor and your client got on the stand and admitted to lying to law enforcement?
I guess you try and create as much confusion as possible. That’s about all the defense could do.

Meadors is putting on a show now. Dude is like a southern baptist preacher up there.

Great point. Instead, he’s all about getting the heck out of there. Opposite of what a loving father would be thinking.

I don’t know but use common sense, having the combination of buck shot and bird shot in another shot gun in the house is what the entire prosecutions case hinged on? It is the most asinine thing ever.

Many shells are the same color, regardless of the type of shot. It is so easy to get them confused. Most are printed on the side of the shell with an 80’s style dot matrix printer, but they rub off and many times are not printed well and can be hard to make out.

If you had all kinds of loads; buck, turkey, dove, duck etc. you could easily confuse and mix them up. If LE had found that, I don’t think it would make any difference at all. I don’t think it makes him look guilty.
I've gotten to the point that I struggle to differentiate shells if I take them out of the box. For that reason, I now leave them in the appropriate box. You don't want to us buck shot on a dove hunt. I learned that the hard way. Not a pretty sight.

The story I'm sticking to if I was on the jury:

- AM's plan was to frame Paul's murder as an accident / accidental discharge, with Maggie nearby so she'd be first to the scene...which would then make his story much more believable vs. having no witnesses and it looking like he waited for his wife & Buster to be out of town.

- When the first shot didnt finish the job and Maggie came running back in to see what had happened, that strategy went out the window.

- AM panicked and unloaded whatever he had on him, which in-turn made it look like a vicious attack that a 'loving husband' could never carry out.

Maybe I'm underestimating how dark of a place AM was in at the time and he did plan to murder them both. I just think if that were the case, he would have been smart enough to do it in a way where evidence pointed to a number of explanations...not to an unknown assassin who managed to wield two of their guns and leave no evidence behind (if that's the story you're going to sell to a jury as to why your innocent then you know things didn't go according to plan).

Reactions: touchdownbob
He nailed it in two sentences, “he didn’t go there because he loves his momma. He went there because he loves Alex.”

The dude is a psychopath.

yep as I have typed multiple times: Alex loves himself, his lifestyle, and his legacy. All of that was about to go away and there was one way to get more time. Create a distraction and get the ole poor Alex treatment until he figured out his next con figured out

Can you picture Poot and Jim sipping martinis on a rowboat at sunset?
No, but I imagine those homes are stocked with top shelf liquor, highly rated wine and maybe Cuban cigars and I can see them having 1 more...... after all someone else is paying for this

• Haha
Reactions: touchdownbob
To answer your question no they can not. He asked and was turned down. That has never happened in sc that the judge could recall.

Secondly your last sentence is way off base. You don’t understand closing is where he will excel. You don’t get to his status as a trial lawyer and not be a hell of a closure. It will be a show tomorrow.

Well......Jim's closing was WEAKKKK. Not a "show" at all, very low energy. Either he slept 3 hours last night or he thinks Alex did it and can't bear to provide a passionate argument in Alex's favor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT