ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

When he mentioned that he was paranoid because AT THAT EXACT MOMENT HE HAD A BAG OF PILLS IN HIS POCKET.

OH MY GOD.

Alex could walk up to a group of SLED agents and toss 10 bags of pills on the table and not a single one would move a muscle.

He testified he kept his pills on himself all the time because Maggie and Paul would otherwise find them. So for years he has kept these things on his person and interacted with law enforcement. Doubt he was to concerned about the pills the night of the boat accident.

He testified he kept his pills on himself all the time because Maggie and Paul would otherwise find them. So for years he has kept these things on his person and interacted with law enforcement. Doubt he was to concerned about the pills the night of the boat accident.

and yet Paul texted that they were going to have to have a convo with him because they found pills

and yet Paul texted that they were going to have to have a convo with him because they found pills

I assume he probably did both, pretty tough to keep 500 - 1000 pils in a pocket with out it bulging out.

I am not a drug addict but I would have to think if I were dropping that kind of coin, I would dang sure up my hide and seek game. Fake books, hidden slots in walls, I would find a way to hide those things so they couldn’t be found.

an egg representing each juror

eggs.gif
Good Eggs and Bad Eggs?

a random thought from earlier in the trial...but I forgot to bring it up before...

So Ellick has a substantial addiction to pills. He had a bag full of pills in his pocket during first interview with SLED. Later on that night, SLED asks for his clothes to be taken as evidence. Waters asks Ellick if it was at that time that he removed the pills before handing his clothes over to SLED. Ellick responds, "yes."

Waters then asks, "what did you do with the bag of pills? where did you put them?"

Ellick responds with something like, "I'm not sure. I don't remember where I put them."

If anyone knows individuals that have an addiction...there is NO WAY that Ellick didn't remember EXACTLY where he put them. An addict keeps close, probably obsessive, track of their fix...impossible to "not remember"

Just a head-scratcher to me when I was watching.

Surprised at some time he did not walk by one of those drug dogs.....That would have been interesting

A few things that struck me early in the trial:

1. Police (everyone from the locals to SLED) initially didn’t think he did it and treated him so. I interpret the actions of police that night with the crime scene and the Moselle grounds as a whole as being they didn’t think he did I it. Especially with they way they interviewed him.

2. Alex and Maggie had a good marriage. I don’t think she was trying to get out of it. If he killed her it wasn’t due too an impending divorce.

I was expecting the opposite of both of those things.

my wife just said "this guy is all over the place and I don't think he is doing a very good job"

he had a tendency to ramble between his questions, when he would question witnesses he would start /stop / start repeatedly. Almost like he didn’t know what he wanted to say next. Kind of like some people insert the sound uhm as a filler when they speak.

Reactions: nmerritt11
he had a tendency to ramble between his questions, when he would question witnesses he would start /stop / start repeatedly. Almost like he didn’t know what he wanted to say next. Kind of like some people insert the sound uhm as a filler when they speak.

he is either doing it to confuse the jury and ramble to the point of someone having doubt or he just did not prepare well but you know Poot helped him prep

But he goes from drugs, to kennel, to sled, phones, love for family, etc

rinse, repeat

My adhd self is having trouble following

Reactions: GrayCourtStomp
he is either doing it to confuse the jury and ramble to the point of someone having doubt or he just did not prepare well but you know Poot helped him prep

But he goes from drugs, to kennel, to sled, phones, love for family, etc

rinse, repeat

My adhd self is having trouble following
It's certainly not a polished closing but he's no doubt doing this to confuse the jurors. Apparently, that's what lawyers do when the facts aren't on their side.

A few things that struck me early in the trial:

1. Police (everyone from the locals to SLED) initially didn’t think he did it and treated him so. I interpret the actions of police that night with the crime scene and the Moselle grounds as a whole as being they didn’t think he did I it. Especially with they way they interviewed him.

2. Alex and Maggie had a good marriage. I don’t think she was trying to get out of it. If he killed her it wasn’t due too an impending divorce.

I was expecting the opposite of both of those things.

1. I don’t think you could really know enough in the first 3 days to form an intelligent opinion about who did or didn’t do what. Alex was well known and respected (clearly everyone was duped), so I don’t blame them for believing he wasn’t a likely suspect at that time.

2. People will show you what they want you to see. I doubt Maggie and Alex had as good of a marriage when all this went down. Did they at one point and maybe for the majority of their union, sure. There was something off and they were doing a fairly good job of hiding it.

Maggie told her sister she didn’t want to go to Moselle when her husband called and said his dad was dyeing and it was the end. Her sister had to talk her into going, that does not sound like the sky is blue to me. I think the sister knows Alex did it and she knew more than she let on about the state of their marriage but doesn’t want to drag her sisters name through the mud.

Waters did well yesterday. Griffin is doing a good job of explaining the fabricated evidence.

This is going to be interesting.

Reactions: GrayCourtStomp
Just seemed like a ton of pills. I haven’t looked in to the exact numbers, but seemed like lethal doses.
Yeah, the volume he bought wasn't for his own use. Those were amounts to traffic. He was selling them to someone else.

Proper names can be pronounced anyway the person wants it announced.

ELEC is a common way to pronounce Alex in The South.

The family pronounces their last name MUR - duk.
Sure they can. We can all choose to do things wrong.

The correct English pronunciation, based on the spelling, is 'Alex Mur-daw'

Evidently folks can choose their pronouns too. Some choose the wrong one. Doesn't mean I have to call them that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Waters did well yesterday. Griffin is doing a good job of explaining the fabricated evidence.

it only takes 1 to doubt but I think the way the timeline was laid out yesterday, paired with the lies that coincidentally favored AW is winning to me...but who knows with the 12 on the jury

But I think Griffin is fumbling and all over the place. Very unorganized. The power point yesterday was not impressive by presentation standards but it laid it all out...timeline...the lies...and placed Alex at the kennel before and after murders

Now he has to try and make his lies go away

it only takes 1 to doubt but I think the way the timeline was laid out yesterday, paired with the lies that coincidentally favored AW is winning to me...but who knows with the 12 on the jury

But I think Griffin is fumbling and all over the place. Very unorganized. The power point yesterday was not impressive by presentation standards but it laid it all out...timeline...the lies...and placed Alex at the kennel before and after murders

Now he has to try and make his lies go away
He doesn’t have to make the lies go away. Griffin has showed the lord of SLED, the fabricated evidence and lies that brought about the indictment are crazy damning.

SLED screwed this up from the get go. The prosecutions witnesses have said it. Griffin is pounding that.

We are closer to acquittal than most want to believe.

There has been no fabricated evidence produced in this trial, and no allegation of such. You might be referring to what Owen told the family about the shirt, and to what he told grand jury about shells. The prosecution has not presented such evidence in this trial, to my knowledge.

There has been no fabricated evidence produced in this trial, and no allegation of such. You might be referring to what Owen told the family about the shirt, and to what he told grand jury about shells. The prosecution has not presented such evidence in this trial, to my knowledge.
They presented the evidence to get the indictment. Griffins point is we shouldn’t even be here and wouldn’t be had SLED not lied.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT