ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

His previous law firm has settled with the known people he defrauded. The firm said they still may have more settlements to go. - Mrs. Shove
I guess my point was more so why these individuals did not come forward before the law firm settled. Some of these settlements dated back to 2015

A question I have, is why none of the individuals he defrauded never asked for any of their settlement money.
I’m not sure how true this really is. Despite what seckinger testified about.
Consider the phone route to find out where your money is:
You make a call to pmpd. Receptionist rings up Alex and says “I’ve got mr. Iwantmymoney on the phone.”
Alex;tell him I’m busy I call him back in a bit.
Then Alex lies to the client about some mysterious delay. This goes on and on.
I’m not sure seckinger would ever really know if people were asking for their money.
The other method.
Alex lies to them and says the settlement is much lower than the actual amount.
I think in the housekeeper issue, they (Cory Fleming and the banker) just kept lying to her kids about delays and such.

Reactions: Tigerpaw00
I guess my point was more so why these individuals did not come forward before the law firm settled. Some of these settlements dated back to 2015
As I understand it, some of those people got part of their settlements. But Alex would make up various ficticious fees that he would charge and then keep that money for himself. And he would also just keep putting them off and making up stories why they hadn’t gotten their money.
And many times, it takes 2-3 years for these to be settled. My sister’s husband got hit and killed while standing on the side of the road by a man who was repossessing a car for GMAC. GMAC filed motion after motion to delay the trial so it would wear her down and get her to just settle. After almost 3 years, she finally did settle. - Mrs. Shove.

From what has been made public so far:
1. Some apparently didn’t even know the amount of the settlement
2. Some of the settlement $ was held in trusts (and I think that is where Palmetto Bank got involved?)
3. And a couple were flat lied to on fees, etc

Reactions: purenonsense
From what has been made public so far:
1. Some apparently didn’t even know the amount of the settlement
2. Some of the settlement $ was held in trusts (and I think that is where Palmetto Bank got involved?)
3. And a couple were flat lied to on fees, etc
From all indication it appears he used his family's reputation in that part of the state to prey on the most vulnerable. I imagine most in that area thought the Murdaughs (Alec) would never be up to this type things.

One other question I have for any attorneys on the board. Does the court ever have to approve any of these structured settlements or is that something the attorney and client can agree do on their own?

A structured settlement for a minor has to be approved by the court. From what I have read most cases in which Murdaugh stole money involved minors who were not going to receive the money until they were adults.

Reactions: CT76
Did anyone look at the accounting yesterday when Mr. Wilson was testifying about the Mack Trucks settlement cases?

He said it was for $5.5 million. Both he and Alex received $792,000 and a third lawyer received much more.

I thought that's a large cut of the settlement. Possibly bordering 50% or more.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeffcoat
We all know our phones are "listening" to us.....I'm guessing this data is not saved. Otherwise, we could go back and hear exactly what happened from their phones.
Geez, if Paul had the facebook app installed…there is no telling what data is in the cloud. That app is evil.

We all know our phones are "listening" to us.....I'm guessing this data is not saved. Otherwise, we could go back and hear exactly what happened from their phones.
It's not saved. But there are folks who can turn your phone on remotely without you knowing it and use it as a listening device.

Reactions: palmettodeuce
Did anyone look at the accounting yesterday when Mr. Wilson was testifying about the Mack Trucks settlement cases?

He said it was for $5.5 million. Both he and Alex received $792,000 and a third lawyer received much more.

I thought 40% was common.

Wish they'd get off the financial shit and get the jury back in for the good stuff. I think it has been proven that AM stole and had financial issues. How after stealing all those millions? Who knows?

It was a boating accident. A bad accident, greatly caused by the fact Paul was wasted. But just like a DUI that killed someone he would be charged with some sort of manslaughter, not murder.
Not to get too much off topic but you’re correct. Unfortunately my little cousin was killed by a drunk driver about 10 years ago. The guy I think got 12 years and was out in 9 on good behavior. And that dude was still drunk the next morning at 10am, ran a rear light and based on evidence never hit the brakes.

So I doubt Paul was going to be getting 25 to life. Prison time? Possibly and likely but not 25 to life.

Yes even though Rogan was clearly trying to not throw Alex under the bus while still answering honestly. Jim f-ed up big time twice yesterday. First, by entering a worthless video of a birthday party for Alex. He was trying to show a jolly, happy family but in that video is Chris Wilson. He was involved with a missing money issue the firm asked him about the day of the murders. Now that will be admissible to show motive/context. Jim also asked Rogan if he could imagine Alex doing something like this. Now the prosecutors can ask witnesses if they could imagine Alex would have done several of the many many crimes he's either charged or admitted to.
Yeah, those were big time mess ups. And honestly up to that point, neither team had had a big mess up to really change the course of the trial.

The thoughts of a killer are different from a normal person.

My thoughts - he got confronted about a missing $800,000 that very day. He probably either denied it, or told them he just borrowed it for a short time and he'd get it back to them very soon.

I would believe that he had at least $500k to a million of life insurance on both Maggie and Paul. They get taken out, he's the beneficiary, and immediate and pressing money problem solved.

We already know the life insurance angle was prominently in his thoughts from the failed attempt a few weeks later.

A structured settlement for a minor has to be approved by the court. From what I have read most cases in which Murdaugh stole money involved minors who were not going to receive the money until they were adults.
He then used his “reputation and family legacy” to advise people on how and why they should do things according to his plan and with his compadres. Who could blame these people…they don’t know any better and put their trust in him. What he did to these families, speaking only about the financial crimes, was evil. What he may or may not have done allegedly regarding their actual survival (Pinckney)…there are no words.

• Love

Which is why it’s crazy that people still go to attorneys to fight workers comp cases.

My thoughts - he got confronted about a missing $800,000 that very day. He probably either denied it, or told them he just borrowed it for a short time and he'd get it back to them very soon.

I would believe that he had at least $500k to a million of life insurance on both Maggie and Paul. They get taken out, he's the beneficiary, and immediate and pressing money problem solved.

We already know the life insurance angle was prominently in his thoughts from the failed attempt a few weeks later.
He got a call when he was being confronted about his dad going back into the hospital and the meeting ended.

There was no life insurance on Maggie or Paul (per testimony from the conservator appointed to manage his assets). The life insurance he mentioned in relation to that bizarre roadside incident was a policy on his life.

As far as I can tell, there was no reason for Alex to have logically thought at the time that the deaths of Maggie or Paul would directly resolve or assist him with the fallout from his financial crimes and wrongdoings. That doesn't mean the pressure from their imminent discovery didn't lead him to "snap" or that he could have mistakenly believed the deaths would help him, but I see no basis to say a person would logically think these deaths would be of any benefit to him.

Obviously, people commit murder all the time with a logically sound motive to do so (if such a thing exist), so even if you accept what I'm saying it has limited value in determine guilt or innocence.

The beach house and supposedly Mozelle were in Maggie's name alone. This is typical to shield assets for spouses of lawyers/doctors in case they get sued. With Maggie out of the way then the assets would be in Alex's name and he would be free to sell or mortgage them to the hilt to get $$ to start covering his tracks financially. So to me, it does provide a motive for him to murder Maggie, especially if she was looking to divorce him and those big assets being in her name where he would have no rights to them.

Well the biggest one I believe was the housekeepers two sons and do not think they were minors. That is a crazy story because Alex went to them and told them they should sue him. He lined them up with a buddy attorney , theyGot a settlement of what 4 million , that he kept himself

The beach house and supposedly Mozelle were in Maggie's name alone. This is typical to shield assets for spouses of lawyers/doctors in case they get sued. With Maggie out of the way then the assets would be in Alex's name and he would be free to sell or mortgage them to the hilt to get $$ to start covering his tracks financially. So to me, it does provide a motive for him to murder Maggie, especially if she was looking to divorce him and those big assets being in her name where he would have no rights to them.
Question is did she have a lawyer and was she pursuing it....otherwise is heresay

There’s a super computer that knows what you are saying and doing at all times. Just constantly storing massive amounts of information.

Which is why it’s crazy that people still go to attorneys to fight workers comp cases.
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

There was no life insurance on Maggie or Paul (per testimony from the conservator appointed to manage his assets). The life insurance he mentioned in relation to that bizarre roadside incident was a policy on his life.

As far as I can tell, there was no reason for Alex to have logically thought at the time that the deaths of Maggie or Paul would directly resolve or assist him with the fallout from his financial crimes and wrongdoings. That doesn't mean the pressure from their imminent discovery didn't lead him to "snap" or that he could have mistakenly believed the deaths would help him, but I see no basis to say a person would logically think these deaths would be of any benefit to him.

Obviously, people commit murder all the time with a logically sound motive to do so (if such a thing exist), so even if you accept what I'm saying it has limited value in determine guilt or innocence.

Most of their valuable assets were in Maggie's name only bc of the boat case. There is big time motive to get rid of her so he could get the assets back and getting rid of Paul eliminated the huge lawyer fees for his criminal trial and the shame of having to go through that trial and have a kid in prison.

Most of their valuable assets were in Maggie's name only bc of the boat case. There is big time motive to get rid of her so he could get the assets back and getting rid of Paul eliminated the huge lawyer fees for his criminal trial and the shame of having to go through that trial and have a kid in prison.
Also, Paul’s trial had the potential to get Alex’s finances opened up, which he would not want under any circumstances

Hell, Facebook even knows what I THINK. I can think something a minute later an ad will show up on Facebook of what I had just thought about.
I would be in a lot of trouble if my thoughts manifested on Facebook or anywhere else for that matter. Not the Murdaugh kind of thoughts btw.

Reactions: yemassee
Last edited:
I had forgot about the attempted suicide. I don't believe Alex would have himself killed so Buster got the $10M insurance $$. Could that have been Alex setting up what would look like someone else trying to kill him (as they had killed Maggie & Paul)?
I wonder if any of the cameras on his SUV captured what happened that day?

The reason it was in her name was because he was being sued over the boat accident. His interference and trying to blame Connor cook. Which is being settled now and the Beach family is getting the majority from the sale of Moselle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT