ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

Yes even though Rogan was clearly trying to not throw Alex under the bus while still answering honestly. Jim f-ed up big time twice yesterday. First, by entering a worthless video of a birthday party for Alex. He was trying to show a jolly, happy family but in that video is Chris Wilson. He was involved with a missing money issue the firm asked him about the day of the murders. Now that will be admissible to show motive/context. Jim also asked Rogan if he could imagine Alex doing something like this. Now the prosecutors can ask witnesses if they could imagine Alex would have done several of the many many crimes he's either charged or admitted to.
Have they said why Buster isn't being called to the stand? One would be really interested in what he thinks or has to say.

Also, I know you've followed this thing for a while, but has he ever been interviewed or asked about it that you know of?

This would assume people have their phone on them at all times. If it was set down it would not be logging steps. Not sure how this would help or hurt honestly.

Why so defensive? It’s like your badge of honor to set the standard of “reasonable doubt” the highest?

I really don’t get it. They established that it is his voice in the video. They’ve placed him there, at the kennels, 4 mins before Maggie and Paul’s phones went silent.

Im trying to get where im missing something
I think this is where the defense focus should be. They are basing the time of the murder on when the phones locked. I'm sure that is the time they occurred but there is no way to prove that exactly. It's an assumption based off their phone habits.

The Pandora's box was about to be opened with his sons trial and it was going to bring down the empire based on what people say. Lots of damning information was about to be publicized and his son was about to go to jail for the rest of his life or at least a long time based on the evidence they had against him for the boat death. He could not protect him

His wife, was living at their Edisto location had consulted a divorce attorney, and did not want to meet him at the house to go to hospital. He wanted her there to ride with him. She too, likely had damning info on the family. Taking them both out, put the information safe and his sons trial from happening

I'd say that is some serious probable cause to me and an attorney on this very board pretty much agrees with that
^^^ This ^^^

For a sociopath, “protecting your own” really only means one person. Two of the 4 people closest to AM threatened his sociopathic instinct for survival and paid the ultimate price. He didn’t want forensic accountants digging into his life in either the boat trial or a divorce. There was only one way to make both go away.

Have they said why Buster isn't being called to the stand? One would be really interested in what he thinks or has to say.

Also, I know you've followed this thing for a while, but has he ever been interviewed or asked about it that you know of?
The defense may call Buster, but the prosecution has nothing to gain since he was not there.

Reactions: PawJourney

He's on the witness list. I don't think he should be allowed to sit in the courtroom but maybe he's just a character witness and learning the facts of the case won't effect his testimony. He hasn't been interviewed but there are some recordings of Alex's jail phone calls with Buster out there.

Reactions: Tiger Guru
If someone came there to kill them then don’t you think they would have brought their own guns?
Always enjoy your posts. By the same token if Alex planned this why would he use his own guns? If Paul did leave guns laying around everywhere they would be wise to use one of them instead of the guns they brought. Having said that, I think he's guilty as sin.

Possibly, but before that appeal is ultimately heard/decided, his financial crimes will likely be tried. After hearing the law firm CFO testify today and watching a bit of Laffitte's trial, I don't see anyway he is not found guilty of all the charges. Heck, he's already admitted to some of them. Any way you slice it, he's likely spending the rest of his life in prison. I suppose he can squander whatever money he may have left on appellate attorneys but I wouldn't really see the point.

I was thinking about this the other night. He was confronted by the firm earlier that day. He knew his entire world was about to come crashing down. I've wondered if this was going to be a murder/suicide type deal but he simply did not have the stones to kill himself after he killed Paul and Maggie.
Even Chris Wilson was worried Alex was going to kill himself.

He's on the witness list. I don't think he should be allowed to sit in the courtroom but maybe he's just a character witness and learning the facts of the case won't effect his testimony. He hasn't been interviewed but there are some recordings of Alex's jail phone calls with Buster out there.
Are you kidding me? He shouldn’t be able to be in the court room to support his father? You can’t be serious.

Griffin's argument, that the financial issues should not be introduced to the jury because it is not a motive, is one of the more comical arguments I have ever heard, even Poot didn't buy it.

I'm still baffled where all this money went. It couldn't be for pills.
I think their argument is that it is a different crime that he hasn't been tried for, so innocent until proven guilty.They didn't object to pointing out he had been disbarred for financial irregularities.

I am not an attorney. Neither is Alex, but he once was.

Reactions: jeffcoat
Griffin's argument, that the financial issues should not be introduced to the jury because it is not a motive, is one of the more comical arguments I have ever heard, even Poot didn't buy it.

I'm still baffled where all this money went. It couldn't be for pills.
I’m still not so sure some of this testimony is going to be allowed we will see. I think it’s coming very very close to a rule 404 violation. Could be used for grounds of appeal if the judge allows it.

Reactions: PawJourney
If you were in his shoes, do you think it would be hard to support your dad? Talk about a whirlwind. That kid has an awful story and nobody left in his family.

Buster can plead the fifth, I think.

Most of the witnesses have been in the courtroom watching. The judge allowed that at the beginning.

I’m still not so sure some of this testimony is going to be allowed we will see. I think it’s coming very very close to a rule 404 violation. Could be used for grounds of appeal if the judge allows it.

The judge seemed to laugh at their request to have it thrown out

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
they just said that even the demeanor of Alex changed today and said yesterday was a bad day for the defense. Today is not much better for Alex.

They are presenting the evidence to prove motive. It is working

They have proved he was there, proved he changed clothes, proved there was GSR on his rain jacket with no reasonable explanation as to how he got it, missing clothes, and they confirmed there is no way he checked the pulse and tried to roll Paul over without getting blood on him yet no blood

Also, his clothes were completely dry and said to look like they came straight out of the dryer while he was sweating heavily. I don't know about you but if I am sweating my clothes are damp.

Nothing he testified is proving to be accurate and now the motive is being laid out. Again...defenses only hope is creating doubt because too much other lies have been exposed
How about ”premeditation“ of purposely leaving his phone at the house when going to the kennels with Maggie & Paul. His timeline from the SLED interview the day after matches his phone timeline, not the timeline which was proven with video evidence.

Everyone seems to forget about the drug addiction. Addicts are selfish, unreasonable, and revert to uncharacteristic versions of themselves. The group stating that a father wouldn't do X or Y, haven't been around addiction. The reality is that anything is possible when one is hooked on dem pills.
You are 100% correct, however where is the evidence of his addiction? You can’t take that many pills for 20 years and have your addiction be a complete shock to everyone you know.

Reactions: CarolinaLove
I don’t see it.

The Murdaugh family might have been a lot of things in people’s opinion but one thing is for sure they were a loyal family? Isn’t that a fact?

Let’s say some or all or nothing is true about the past. The nanny, the boy, the boat… I’m suppose to believe Alex killed or had his family killed finally? Maggie was going to leave him right? Where is this evidence? Or was it just some chick with a camera posting on blogs starting crap? Why hasn’t it been talked about it court if it is true?

The testimony from Rogen at the end says it all to me. There isn’t anyway he would kill his son, his family. I know things happen behind closed doors, but Rogen seem to see behind them, heck he calls out Alex on the stand, but only to end it with “no sir, i know him well, he wouldn’t hurt his family”

This is my theory, it looks like he did it…but that’s only because it’s suppose to look that way. he had money issues. They were going through lawsuits and having to sell things. But all the money he was “stealing” where is it? Where did it go? I’m sure I’m going down a rabbit hole or maybe i watch too much Narcos. What if he is involved with the “cowboys”.

You hear about it, i don’t live far from there, it’s a possibility. What if all the law suits and debt became too much and the money train stopped payments.(that’s why you cannot see where the money is going or where it went???)

“They did him so bad” what if that was the only break down… the word “they” almost like he knows..: the rumor is they don’t go after the one that owes the money, because you will never get the money, you go after the family… well… what if…and he is trying to protect his other son and brothers?

I do not believe he killed his wife or kid… it does not make any sense…

If you had someone else do it l, he is smart enough to be no where close. The things deleted is to try not to shed light on the much larger issue now…

The killers made it look like Alex and the state thinks it’s Alex but you can’t convince me he did it. Not after all of the years of protecting their own… it’s not what the history of Murduagh family tells me.
It’s Alex all day and on Tuesday

Reactions: yemassee
On the financial crimes evidence, Waters needs to simply quote Poot from the nationally broadcast Today show where he told the nation that his client would be in jail for a long time because of those crimes.

On the financial crimes evidence, Waters needs to simply quote Poot from the nationally broadcast Today show where he told the nation that his client would be in jail for a long time because of those crimes.
He issue is not if he committed financial crimes but how they relate to the murders.

I think it will be allowed

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
I think Griffin will have a hell of a defense on this motive. Alex knew killing Paul wouldn’t end the Beach lawsuit. Alex seems like a smart and calculated person. I’m not sold the defense should be beating the “everything was coming to a head on 6/7” drum. They’re giving the defense a lot of ammo. Could’ve been better to say he snapped after a day from hell at work, his father was dying and his son was about to force them to lose Mossell

The judge has already basically said today that he was going to allow the law firm stuff and the boat stuff, will decide on the housekeeper stuff tomorrow…

Yep they tried to use timeframe as an excuse to not use it and he said they’d take as much time as needed as long as shit wasn’t repeated

M
Absolutely.

An estimated 925 people are wrongfully convicted a year. That means over 11k jurors mess up in the biggest way possible, per year. Reading through this thread you can see why we should be very strict about who we allow to determine our fate.

That's a lot of morons putting someone in jail who doesn't belong there, annually. You have to be extremely cautious to ensure you get it right. Again, I'm far more fearful of locking up an innocent man than I am letting a guilty one walk.
Malcolm Gladwell's book, "Talking to Strangers" shares that AI programming fared better statistically than judges who saw and assessed an accused for purposes of bail determination. Humans do a poor job intuitively assessing other humans. I was surprised by that, but the book includes the reasons why. It's an interesting book. (Yes, AI is programmed by humans but it's based on weighted factors linked to further crime if bail is allowed and not on an individual basis.)

You are 100% correct, however where is the evidence of his addiction? You can’t take that many pills for 20 years and have your addiction be a complete shock to everyone you know.
I was going off the dealer news and trip to rehab. Those could have been faints, but I took both as fact.

Reactions: Okalaky
The defense also has appeal in their back pocket now. All these things being questioned under section 404 could very well get them an appeal.
Not likely, not with this stuff. The judge gets a lot of discretion under 404(b) and an appellate court won't overturn a case like this based on anything the judge has done so far.

Reactions: Okalaky
I guess since his own law firm and his best friend just haphazardly admit to discovering fraudulent/deceptive appropriation of funds…the state of SC can just destroy people by guilt of association aka Cory Fleming.

I guess since his own law firm and his best friend just haphazardly admit to discovering fraudulent/deceptive appropriation of funds…the state of SC can just destroy people by guilt of association aka Cory Fleming.
Let me help you out here …

Since his own law firm and his best friend testified to theft of their money by the defendant … the state of SC can charge other people suspected of involvement in those crimes aka <insert relevant name(s) here>

Last edited:
Reactions: purple2

Is it possible to cry without tears? This video is strange to me.
Another point about this interview that I am curious about is when he is asked about when Maggie and Paul left the main house after dinner. He says Maggie went to the Kennels and the he thinks Paul left after ”what happened” and quickly self corrects. I found that phrase very interesting when reflecting on the “I did him“ vs “they did him” statement.

Reactions: yemassee
A question I have, is why none of the individuals he defrauded never asked for any of their settlement money. Some of these settlements were pretty substantial in terms of $s. I can guarantee if I won a 100 or 200k settlement and had not seen my portion after attorney fees and expenses etc I would have been at law office daily seeking answers.

A question I have, is why none of the individuals he defrauded never asked for any of their settlement money. Some of these settlements were pretty substantial in terms of $s. I can guarantee if I won a 100 or 200k settlement and had not seen my portion after attorney fees and expenses etc I would have been at law office daily seeking answers.
His previous law firm has settled with the known people he defrauded. The firm said they still may have more settlements to go. - Mrs. Shove

Last edited:
Reactions: my95GTHO
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT