ADVERTISEMENT

⚖️ MURDAUGH MURDERS & TRIAL THREAD ⚖️

the discrepancies in his story that night and reality in technology will have to be explained

only one person can do that - AM

Reactions: yemassee
You won’t hear from Alex in this trial.
The logical thinking is to get AM up there and have him explain exactly what happened in those few minutes, but if he did not remember (supposedly) a couple hours after the fact then how could he remember now? If I was innocent, then I would want to take the stand and defend myself.

Reactions: my95GTHO
The only problem I have with that theory is if it were me, I would have a documented alibi that I was in Miami or Houston or LA. Authorities could surmise and try to prove that I paid someone to do it, but they would never put me on the scene.
If Alex Murdaugh were a smart guy, he would have done what jeffcoat suggested. But the evidence is clear; Alex is not a smart man.

I suspect Murdaugh will spend the rest of his life in prison for stealing so much money from so many people whether the is found not guilty of killing his wife and son or not.

That said, I think the jury deliberates a short time and finds him guilty.

Don't recall any posts in this extended thread mentioning the 'processing facility' where deer, hogs, etc. were cleaned and hung in the walk-in freezer. Not sure how far said facility was from the kennels but could that have been a convenient spot for AM to have showered and changed clothes before heading out to his mom's home.

I don’t see it.

The Murdaugh family might have been a lot of things in people’s opinion but one thing is for sure they were a loyal family? Isn’t that a fact?

Let’s say some or all or nothing is true about the past. The nanny, the boy, the boat… I’m suppose to believe Alex killed or had his family killed finally? Maggie was going to leave him right? Where is this evidence? Or was it just some chick with a camera posting on blogs starting crap? Why hasn’t it been talked about it court if it is true?

The testimony from Rogen at the end says it all to me. There isn’t anyway he would kill his son, his family. I know things happen behind closed doors, but Rogen seem to see behind them, heck he calls out Alex on the stand, but only to end it with “no sir, i know him well, he wouldn’t hurt his family”

This is my theory, it looks like he did it…but that’s only because it’s suppose to look that way. he had money issues. They were going through lawsuits and having to sell things. But all the money he was “stealing” where is it? Where did it go? I’m sure I’m going down a rabbit hole or maybe i watch too much Narcos. What if he is involved with the “cowboys”.

You hear about it, i don’t live far from there, it’s a possibility. What if all the law suits and debt became too much and the money train stopped payments.(that’s why you cannot see where the money is going or where it went???)

“They did him so bad” what if that was the only break down… the word “they” almost like he knows..: the rumor is they don’t go after the one that owes the money, because you will never get the money, you go after the family… well… what if…and he is trying to protect his other son and brothers?

I do not believe he killed his wife or kid… it does not make any sense…

If you had someone else do it l, he is smart enough to be no where close. The things deleted is to try not to shed light on the much larger issue now…

The killers made it look like Alex and the state thinks it’s Alex but you can’t convince me he did it. Not after all of the years of protecting their own… it’s not what the history of Murduagh family tells me.

The logical thinking is to get AM up there and have him explain exactly what happened in those few minutes, but if he did not remember (supposedly) a couple hours after the fact then how could he remember now? If I was innocent, then I would want to take the stand and defend myself.
He gets cross examined as well. He also has changed his story. The state will fry him on his credibility. Dick will no way in heck out him on the stand. I would be shocked.

I don’t see it.

The Murdaugh family might have been a lot of things in people’s opinion but one thing is for sure they were a loyal family? Isn’t that a fact?

Let’s say some or all or nothing is true about the past. The nanny, the boy, the boat… I’m suppose to believe Alex killed or had his family killed finally? Maggie was going to leave him right? Where is this evidence? Or was it just some chick with a camera posting on blogs starting crap? Why hasn’t it been talked about it court if it is true?

The testimony from Rogen at the end says it all to me. There isn’t anyway he would kill his son, his family. I know things happen behind closed doors, but Rogen seem to see behind them, heck he calls out Alex on the stand, but only to end it with “no sir, i know him well, he wouldn’t hurt his family”

This is my theory, it looks like he did it…but that’s only because it’s suppose to look that way. he had money issues. They were going through lawsuits and having to sell things. But all the money he was “stealing” where is it? Where did it go? I’m sure I’m going down a rabbit hole or maybe i watch too much Narcos. What if he is involved with the “cowboys”.

You hear about it, i don’t live far from there, it’s a possibility. What if all the law suits and debt became too much and the money train stopped payments.(that’s why you cannot see where the money is going or where it went???)

“They did him so bad” what if that was the only break down… the word “they” almost like he knows..: the rumor is they don’t go after the one that owes the money, because you will never get the money, you go after the family… well… what if…and he is trying to protect his other son and brothers?

If you had someone else do it l, he is smart enough to be no where close. The things deleted is to try not to shed light on the much larger issue now…

The killers made it look like Alex and the state thinks it’s Alex but you can’t convince me he did it. Not after all of the years of protecting their own… it’s not what the history of Murduagh family tells me.
I’ll bite? Where was he at the time of the murders? How did he get 1/4 of the mile down the rd and not hear any gunshots. It just seems like to me you just can’t fathom someone doing that so he has to be innocent. The evidence is damning. There is a lot of stuff that have what ifs. Too many to me to be coincidences . If it walks like and duck and quacks like a duck, it’s probably a duck.

I don’t see it.

The Pandora's box was about to be opened with his sons trial and it was going to bring down the empire based on what people say. Lots of damning information was about to be publicized and his son was about to go to jail for the rest of his life or at least a long time based on the evidence they had against him for the boat death. He could not protect him

His wife, was living at their Edisto location had consulted a divorce attorney, and did not want to meet him at the house to go to hospital. He wanted her there to ride with him. She too, likely had damning info on the family. Taking them both out, put the information safe and his sons trial from happening

I'd say that is some serious probable cause to me and an attorney on this very board pretty much agrees with that

Anyone know how the seating for the spectators is allocated? I find it interesting that most people get the same seats every day.

Reactions: jeffcoat
I don’t see it.

Cowboys?

Like Jerry Jones is involved?

Makes sense.

Must be a big vein in the cocaine industry and got busted.

Reactions: toasted8CU
Cowboys?

Like Jerry Jones is involved?

Makes sense.

Must be a big vein in the cocaine industry and got busted.
Spent 12 hours in a mediation yesterday with an attorney who worked with one of the lead defense counsel for years until a few months ago. I haven't followed the trial and he never worked directly on it, but he was adamant that the investigation was terribly done and there are so many holes in the state's case that Murdaugh should be acquitted. Guess we will see.

I don’t see it.

Alec needs you on that jury!

I agree it is hard to fathom a father killing their child, but look at the evidence. No need for him to lie about where he was to authorities if he was not trying to hide the fact that he was at the kennels.

The defense lawyers originally stated he had an “iron clad” alibi at the time of the murders. Now he doesn’t. He was there. The guns appear to be family guns. There is GSR on a jacket found at mother’s house. He asked his wife to come to Moselle that night. He had just been confronted about a serious financial impropriety at the law firm. He couldn't face his family and admit to them he was nothing but a crook who stole from his friends and clients. He was desperate. Desperate men do desperate things.

The defense lawyers originally stated he had an “iron clad” alibi at the time of the murders. Now he doesn’t. He was there. The guns appear to be family guns. There is GSR on a jacket found at mother’s house. He asked his wife to come to Moselle that night. He had just been confronted about a serious financial impropriety at the law firm. He couldn't face his family and admit to them he was nothing but a crook who stole from his friends and clients. He was desperate. Desperate men do desperate things.

and his son was probably getting life or close to it for homicide and all of the empire was going to be exposed. He might not have pulled the trigger, the defense might create enough doubt for him to get an innocent verdict but he will go down for the financial bull shit and be right back in court

The whole Forge account they are talking about now will land him in prison.

[/QUOTE]
I don’t see it.

I also want to add, we know he changed clothes some time between 750ish and 850ish. That’s a fact. Where are they? Why can’t they be produced? Not shirt, pants, socks, underwear (maybe). 3 articles missing.

Alec needs you on that jury!

I agree it is hard to fathom a father killing their child, but look at the evidence. No need for him to lie about where he was to authorities if he was not trying to hide the fact that he was at the kennels.
If you were on board with my theory (I’m not saying you are bashing it) then you would understand the lying to LE.

I also want to add, we know he changed clothes some time between 750ish and 850ish. That’s a fact. Where are they? Why can’t they be produced? Not shirt, pants, socks, underwear (maybe). 3 articles missing.
[/QUOTE]
Man i don’t wanna know his drawers have been for sure lol

Man i don’t wanna know his drawers have been for sure lol

it is a legit question...where are the clothes, why did he lie?

There are way too many lies being uncovered and there is 100% probable cause for him to rid of both of them. He narcissist like him could justify it in their mind as they were protecting his son from going to prison.

He is a lawyer and I am sure he knew that no matter how powerful the family name, he was about to go down as was his son. Justification was, kill son and wife, try and protect empire and keep his son out of jail

All reasons for someone who has spent a life stealing, lying, and hiding shit to kill people even ones they love. And he has the ego to think he would get away with it and probably thought he'd be able to sweep the Fake Forge account under the rug

I don’t see it.

I have no clue what the motive may have been, but the things I can’t get passed:

He was down there at 8:44 and he has lied about that.
There were only two sets of tracks.
His clothes he was wearing don’t match the video taken at 7:50 and they cannot be found.

I have no clue what the motive may have been, but the things I can’t get passed:

His clothes he was wearing don’t match the video taken at 7:50 and they cannot be found.

motive is easy to answer...

hide the financial issues, stealing money, being exposed at son's trial, son committing murder...motive is not a tough one to answer

I don’t see it.

This does not make sense. All evidence points to Alex being the killer.

If your theory is correct, he would have told LE what happened and who was out to get him. If the bad guys have already killed your wife and son, you would no longer attempt to satisfy them by staying quiet. All bets would be off. He'd also want Buster protected. Did he or Buster seem scared after these killings? No. They were going around drinking and gambling in public. They were not fearful and their behavior shows you that.

I don’t see it.

There's lots of alleged evidence that I heard prior to the trial that just hasn't been presented yet in court. The media is a powerful thing. Either a lot of that is hearsay or will be presented at a later time.

Up until this point, I agree with your take. I have a lot of questions similar to your above.

I quit watching when he excused the Jury as to "not taint their opinion" and I wanted to not taint mine as Im genuinely trying to be fair. He's guilty of a lot of things, but to this point in the court of law, I'm not sure he's guilty of committing the murders. Maybe that changes with more evidence. He's a liar, a con and cheater. Scum of a person, but if I were a juror at this point to me, they haven't proved he's a murder of his Wife and Son.

Reactions: TigerBo413
There's lots of alleged evidence that I heard prior to the trial that just hasn't been presented yet in court. The media is a powerful thing. Either a lot of that is hearsay or will be presented at a later time.

Up until this point, I agree with your take. I have a lot of questions similar to your above.

I quit watching when he excused the Jury as to not taint their opinion. He's guilty of a lot of things, but to this point in the court of law, I'm not sure he's guilty of committing the murders. Maybe that changes with more evidence. He's a liar, a con and cheater. Scum of a person, but if I were a juror at this point to me, they haven't proved he's a murder of his Wife and Son.
Just curious, because I’m thinking I see why these cons were in office so long and were able to build so much power.

So, he’s there 3 mins before the execution.

He changed clothes.

His guns were used in the murder.

He said he wasn’t there.

He said it was a normal day in the office (maybe he gets accused of 800K embezzlement everyday, I don’t know)

He talked his wife into coming over to go see his dad, she said he was up to something, and then left her out at the kennels to go see his mom.

Everyone says he “couldn’t do this” but history shows that 95% of the time, it is someone like Alez

I could on and on.

I’m so curious how someone can explain these things away, but go ahead and take a shot.

motive is easy to answer...

hide the financial issues, stealing money, being exposed at son's trial, son committing murder...motive is not a tough one to answer
Just curious, because I’m thinking I see why these cons were in office so long and were able to build so much power.

He changed clothes.

He said he wasn’t there.

He said it was a normal day in the office (maybe he gets accused of 800K embezzlement everyday, I don’t know)

He talked his wife into coming over to go see his dad, she said he was up to something, and then left her out at the kennels to go see his mom.

Everyone says he “couldn’t do this” but history shows that 95% of the time, it is someone like Alez

I could on and on.

I’m so curious how someone can explain these things away, but go ahead and take a shot.

yeah the defense is going to have to prove doubt because they are not proving he was not there. And he may not of pulled the trigger but that dude was involved. Now just proving without a doubt

He changed clothes.

He said he wasn’t there.

I could on and on.

Here's the honest answer... You don't want it to be anything else other than that. I think he's likely guilty of it as well, but that doesn't mean because I want him to be guilty, he is.

I'm sorry, but I missed where His guns were used in the killings, and they found them. It's possible he's there 3 minutes before the killings, but you know for certain, or you just believe he's there? You can tell all of that from watching at home that's his voice?

If it were that cut and dry, they would spend all day and night on that video and say "Boom. Here it is. Nothing else is needed". You think it's clear cut and dry at home but even the prosecution doesn't think so. You should become a lawyer or stop watching the news. Again, I don't blame you for that viewpoint. Even the Sheriff's office said the night of, "There's no threat to the community". He's been guilty from day 1 and you can't "unsee it".

Im just trying to be fair, which is exactly what the Jury swore under oath to do. Presume he's innocent until proven otherwise. My opinion could very well change with the next witness or next evidence presented. That's how this works.

Last edited:
Here's the honest answer... You don't want it to be anything else other than that. I think he's likely guilty of it as well, but that doesn't mean because I want him to be guilty, he is.

I'm sorry, but I missed where His guns were used in the killings, and they found them. It's possible he's there 3 minutes before the killings, but you know for certain, or you just believe he's there? You can tell all of that from watching at home that's his voice?

If it were that cut and dry, they would spend all day and night on that video and say "Boom. Here it is. Nothing else is needed". You think it's clear cut and dry at home but even the prosecution doesn't think so. You should become a lawyer or stop watching the news. Again, I don't blame you for that viewpoint. Even the Sheriff's office said the night of, "There's no threat to the community". He's been guilty from day 1 and you can't "unsee it".

Im just trying to be fair, which is exactly what the Jury swore under oath to do. Presume he's innocent until proven otherwise. My opinion could very well change with the next witness or next evidence presented. That's how this works.

Again ... the defense is not alleging that was not Alex's voice in the video. They didn't ask Rogan Gibson about Alex voice on cross examination. They were only focused on character questions.

Just to be crystal clear - the defense is admitting that is Alex on the audio. This will not be questioned by the jury.

they just said that even the demeanor of Alex changed today and said yesterday was a bad day for the defense. Today is not much better for Alex.

They are presenting the evidence to prove motive. It is working

They have proved he was there, proved he changed clothes, proved there was GSR on his rain jacket with no reasonable explanation as to how he got it, missing clothes, and they confirmed there is no way he checked the pulse and tried to roll Paul over without getting blood on him yet no blood

Also, his clothes were completely dry and said to look like they came straight out of the dryer while he was sweating heavily. I don't know about you but if I am sweating my clothes are damp.

Nothing he testified is proving to be accurate and now the motive is being laid out. Again...defenses only hope is creating doubt because too much other lies have been exposed

they just said that even the demeanor of Alex changed today and said yesterday was a bad day for the defense. Today is not much better for Alex.

They are presenting the evidence to prove motive. It is working

They have proved he was there, proved he changed clothes, proved there was GSR on his rain jacket with no reasonable explanation as to how he got it, missing clothes, and they confirmed there is no way he checked the pulse and tried to roll Paul over without getting blood on him yet no blood

Also, his clothes were completely dry and said to look like they came straight out of the dryer while he was sweating heavily. I don't know about you but if I am sweating my clothes are damp.

Nothing he testified is proving to be accurate and now the motive is being laid out. Again...defenses only hope is creating doubt because too much other lies have been exposed
Maybe you're right. Before the trial I was under the impression we didnt even need a trial. After watching, I have an issue saying "im positive he is the one who did it."

That's just me. Im not trying to convince anyone else of my opinion.

Maybe you're right. Before the trial I was under the impression we didnt even need a trial. After watching, I have an issue saying "im positive he is the one who did it."

That's just me. Im not trying to convince anyone else of my opinion.

And I think there is a long way to go. If I am on jury I am not voting guilty today but I think the prosecution has me way more on that side of the line than the defense that has not been able to defend any of the lies and conflicting testimony

I at least am thinking he was involved some how

[/QUOTE]

Wow wait he can't produce the clothes he was wearing prior to changing?

And I think there is a long way to go. If I am on jury I am not voting guilty today but I think the prosecution has me way more on that side of the line than the defense that has not been able to defend any of the lies and conflicting testimony

This is a fair take and one I would agree with more, up until this point.

Reactions: TigerBo413
and his son was probably getting life or close to it for homicide and all of the empire was going to be exposed. He might not have pulled the trigger, the defense might create enough doubt for him to get an innocent verdict but he will go down for the financial bull shit and be right back in court

The whole Forge account they are talking about now will land him in prison.
The maximum for Paul's Felonies would have been 25 years, which as a first time offender with time off for good behavior would have been greatly reduced. If he would have pled guilty he may have gotten less time.

His son's attorney was Harpootlian as well. I would imagine this is the very definition of being between a rock and a hard place. Facing the likelihood of exposure for his theft and the cost of his own defense for fraud as well as the cost of defending a son that wouldn't plead guilty plus a wife possibly filing divorce. Rationality would go out the window for some with no scruples.

For someone that literally lost themself to drugs and also no scruples, anything is possible.

Reactions: my95GTHO
The maximum for Paul's Felonies would have been 25 years, which as a first time offender with time off for good behavior would have been greatly reduced. If he would have pled guilty he may have gotten less time.

His son's attorney was Harpootlian as well. I would imagine this is the very definition of being between a rock and a hard place. Facing the likelihood of exposure for his theft and the cost of his own defense for fraud as well as the cost of defending a son that wouldn't plead guilty plus a wife possibly filing divorce. Rationality would go out the window for some with no scruples.

For someone that literally lost themself to drugs and also no scruples, anything is possible.

did not realize it was only 25 years...that is asinine. That was murder and all the videos backed it up but I guess someone got a hand greased for that.

I still think there is plenty of motive here. Can they prove it...there lies the question.

Prior to Monday when I saw the sentence of someone I have known for years I would have said Paul would have gotten at least 20 but the court system failed again and said person only got 10 when he should have never seen the light of day with the charges

He’s definitely caught in lies. But the question is whether or not any of the jurors have reasonable doubt

If you know the right people you can have anything deleted
Your phone bill online has an itemized list of every call you've made and received.

I'm doubting AM has the power to have AT&T or T Mobile etc delete his phone records without anyone noticing.

Your phone bill online has an itemized list of every call you've made and received.

I'm doubting AM has the power to have AT&T or T Mobile etc delete his phone records without anyone noticing.

Not sure if anything has changed but I was told they could make shit disappear but maybe not in a criminal suit

Either way he could have easily had a burner too. But how do you explain a call coming in from him but the call not showing going out?

I still say money is powerful

I know it’s not admissible in court. But if I didn’t do it, I sure as hell would have a polygraph done. That shit would be all over the news that I passed it. At least in the court of public opinion. I’m always weary of anyone who doesn’t produce that.
Polygraph's are highly inaccurate. They're there more into scaring a person into telling the truth rather than detecting it.

Just remember that the defense can call their own witnesses to dispute some of the more damning evidence and cast more doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT