ADVERTISEMENT

A thought on the State of the Union

What's proof? That I have a friend who saw it isn't good enough? Would you like me to put a picture up of it? I doubt you'd even believe that. Maybe if someone put it on Twitter you take it for fact like you do everything else you find on Twitter that accommodates your predispositions.

Consider your argument about rationality. I started this post because I wanted to be rational. I seek that in all things. I understand fully that this country is a divided country in my views are never going to be pervasive with everyone nor should they be. I seek a good balance between ideas from both political spectrums. I desire argument and discussion that is cordial and that doesn't assume the worst of each other.

Now go back and read what you posted. Read your points and the things you say about people that you disagree with. It becomes very evident that the lack of rationality lies with you my friend. I can't help you with that. I have tried and tried but you have a choice that you have made. You have become the Donald Trump of the left. Be happy with who you are and go put some orange tan lotion on and dye your hair blonde and then you'll be good to go. You may hate that guy, but it's exactly who you are in the way that you treat people here. Again you do you but quit coming off like you're somehow rational and other people are not. The very words you type reveal your truth.

Life is too short to waste time on people who don't want to really talk and aren't willing to give an inch but want others to concede a mile. I wish you nothing but the best and all the success you can handle. But I'm done talking with you and after this post, you will be in the lovely world of ignore. Just no point in wasting any more time with you after all of what I've seen here. I do hope and pray that one day you will decide to be more reasonable. You've become what you have such contempt for. I find that really sad and tragic.
What a pile of poo. You've insinuated in this thread that Dems are comparable to the Nazis and that a high school put a kitty litter box in their bathroom for a student that identified as a cat(we know this is just a shot at Dems).

You are not rational and therefore I'm happy to be on your ignore list. Your vitriolic lectures get really tiresome...

Reactions: nytigerfan
The problem with that line of thought is that CRT does not mean indoctrinating our children that an entire group is good or bad. It does, among other things, take a realistic look at race relations. It is an honest attempt to look at why African Americans as a whole have not made more progress than white Americans or even other minorities. Here are just a few things that were never in any history book from which I was taught.

After federal troops were removed from the South, elections went back to being all white.
All programs to lift up former slaves were abandoned.
New laws were passed to incarcerate black men and force their labor.
When freed slaves achieved financial success, they were often killed. The massacre of "black wallstreet" is a well known, but hardly isolated example.
Lynchings and other violence were commonplace in the south for much of the early 20th century.
After WW2, may white GIs got a lift with the GI bill by buying homes. Black veterans couldn't take advantage of that aid as banks would not lend to redlined areas. Real estate agents would lose their license if they sold to blacks in those areas.

In my US history class, we learned about the war of northern aggression that was fought over states' rights.
Yeah, somehow the war had nothing to do with slavery and racism but after the Federal government ended the occupation, the South went back to oppressing blacks at every available opportunity. I wonder why

These people live in a fantasy world. How about we deal with the asshats who continue to make the rejection of a free and fair election their identity, and then we can talk about reaching out across the aisle.

It’s insane. These people don’t give enough of a shit about the rule of law to abide by the result of a presidential election, but the burden is on me to pass the peace pipe around?
What planet do you live on? The left has been denying elections since forever and I didn't see you on here talking about the rule of law when the left was supporting social justice riots all of 2020.

Hopefully this will jog your seemingly very short and not so accurate memory.

What planet do you live on? The left has been denying elections since forever and I didn't see you on here talking about the rule of law when the left was supporting social justice riots all of 2020.

DERP. There is a very significant difference - why are you ignoring that fact for the 100th time?

Reactions: yoshi121374

Compare what Al Gore or Hillary did to what Donald Trump has done in the past two odd years. Oh wait, you can't. There isn't even a comparison.

Of course the riots were bad. I draw a line between what those people did and the former president calling for an election to the most powerful position in the world to be overturned without a shred of evidence. I legitimately don't understand how you nitwits can't grasp the difference, some angsty 20 year old dressed in black throwing a rock through a restaurant window or Trump in essence wanting a coup

There's also a massive difference between saying something to the effect of, "An election where one candidate gets more votes than the other but loses isn't legitimate, but I'll respect the system in place while calling for changes" and "The opposition committed fraud, hacked voting systems, printed out fake ballots, had their fingers crossed, etc, so I demand that the judiciary keep me in power while we conveniently sort it out." One is criticizing the facts of a situation, one is denying them entirely.

I understand of course that this might be difficult for the diseased mind to grasp

Last edited:
So we agree then......teachers should teach reading, math, science, history, etc and not equity, white privilege or sexual preferences? See how easy that was?

They openly flag the point that their study isn't complete, they steer clear of outright statements or accusations and your view is that it's all bullsh*t? Seriously, how many videos of enraged minority parents at school boards or project veritas undercover statements from teachers, superintendents, etc do you need to see before you admit it's a thing? Give me a number so I know how many to DM you.

You also must have missed what I think is the most critical part of the article, which isn't some smoking gun statement around outright left wing lunatics infiltrating schools with CRT which they state isn't proven but the stats around the ability to argue another view point........."No respectable opposing arguments"

"Yet our data suggest that this is hardly the majority experience. Specifically, we asked those who reported being taught at least one of the listed concepts in a high school class what, if anything, they were taught about arguments opposing them. As shown in the chart below, 68 percent responded that they either were not taught about opposing arguments or were taught that there are no “respectable” opposing arguments. Importantly, this rate does not meaningfully vary by race, political orientation, or high school type. Whites (30 percent) and nonwhites (34 percent), Democrats (29 percent) and Republicans (31 percent), liberals (29 percent) and conservatives (31 percent), and public (32 percent) and private or parochial (28 percent) schoolers were equally likely to report being told about respectable counterarguments. No evidence, then, suggests that this response reflects respondents’ political biases. Instead, the data suggest that large majorities in all groups have been given the impression that the concepts they were taught are beyond reproach. And these data hardly tell the full story: in our forthcoming report, we additionally show that the number of concepts respondents report being taught is positively related to the probability of being told there that opposing arguments are not “respectable.”

It also doesn't take much inference or deductive reasoning to figure out that the majority of teachers are left leaning as evidenced by their large scale donations to the democratic party which would be a pretty obvious signal that when my kids come home with talking points associated with this very topic, it's not a conservative teacher's viewpoints and it certainly isn't a kid to kid lunchroom discussion given their ages.

But.....you do you I guess
Opinion polls of what people remember from up to 2 years after they graduated are not facts.
Also, you continue to use the "weighted data" in your arguments.
Teachers are only left leaning now because of asshats like you that don't want to spend any money on public education and want to question every decision made in the classroom through the viewpoint of the snowflakiest kid's opinion. When your campaign starts targeting people, they generally become part of the opposition.
Example: The Palmetto State Teacher's Association exists because they didn't want to be associated with the NEA (the national union of teachers). Their president ran for the REPUBLICAN nomination for State Superintendent. She also was running against Ellen Weaver and her inane, brain-dead, conspiracy-laden form of a 'conservative agenda.'
I bet you believe that they have litter boxes in classrooms for children who identify as cats.

So we agree then......teachers should teach reading, math, science, history, etc and not equity, white privilege or sexual preferences? See how easy that was?

They openly flag the point that their study isn't complete, they steer clear of outright statements or accusations and your view is that it's all bullsh*t? Seriously, how many videos of enraged minority parents at school boards or project veritas undercover statements from teachers, superintendents, etc do you need to see before you admit it's a thing? Give me a number so I know how many to DM you.

You also must have missed what I think is the most critical part of the article, which isn't some smoking gun statement around outright left wing lunatics infiltrating schools with CRT which they state isn't proven but the stats around the ability to argue another view point........."No respectable opposing arguments"

"Yet our data suggest that this is hardly the majority experience. Specifically, we asked those who reported being taught at least one of the listed concepts in a high school class what, if anything, they were taught about arguments opposing them. As shown in the chart below, 68 percent responded that they either were not taught about opposing arguments or were taught that there are no “respectable” opposing arguments. Importantly, this rate does not meaningfully vary by race, political orientation, or high school type. Whites (30 percent) and nonwhites (34 percent), Democrats (29 percent) and Republicans (31 percent), liberals (29 percent) and conservatives (31 percent), and public (32 percent) and private or parochial (28 percent) schoolers were equally likely to report being told about respectable counterarguments. No evidence, then, suggests that this response reflects respondents’ political biases. Instead, the data suggest that large majorities in all groups have been given the impression that the concepts they were taught are beyond reproach. And these data hardly tell the full story: in our forthcoming report, we additionally show that the number of concepts respondents report being taught is positively related to the probability of being told there that opposing arguments are not “respectable.”

It also doesn't take much inference or deductive reasoning to figure out that the majority of teachers are left leaning as evidenced by their large scale donations to the democratic party which would be a pretty obvious signal that when my kids come home with talking points associated with this very topic, it's not a conservative teacher's viewpoints and it certainly isn't a kid to kid lunchroom discussion given their ages.

But.....you do you I guess
Also, did you notice that the study doesn't recognize whether the kids are talking about teachers in high school or college and doesn't account for whether the high school or college is public or private? Seems like some basic level eligibility questions are missing if you are in search of accurate information and not fanning the flames of a culture war.

They openly flag the point that their study isn't complete, they steer clear of outright statements or accusations and your view is that it's all bullsh*t?
Yes because the basic tenant of scientific research is to SHOW YOUR RESULTS. If the data isn't ready, don't publish it. Also, how can you have already collected all of the data and need 3+ months to publish the information?
Don't publish without data, period.

Seriously, how many videos of enraged minority parents at school boards or project veritas undercover statements from teachers, superintendents, etc do you need to see before you admit it's a thing? Give me a number so I know how many to DM you.
Have you ever heard of something called anecdotal evidence? Show me evidence in a curriculum, a test question, a textbook, a class curriculum and we can talk. I've seen parents talk at school board meetings about the issue of children identifying as cats in high schools too. Does that make it true now?

Are your kids coming home with this kind of information? What are they saying? Have you spoken to the teacher about it?

Walton High School in East Cobb has a kitty litter box in the bathroom for the furries to use.
What's proof? That I have a friend who saw it isn't good enough?
Are you really arguing this before talking about rationality? Really?...

Really?...

As an adult, you sincerely believe this to be true?

Really?

Are you really arguing this before talking about rationality? Really?...

Really?...

As an adult, you sincerely believe this to be true?

Really?

Some things are true whether you want them to be or not. I'm glad you think it's unbelievably absurd. That is a hopeful sign. What isn't very hopeful is that you choose to discount something that is going on. So sure, I'm just making it up. That has to be it.

I don't believe it's true. It is true. Multiple people who have seen it there including people who work at the school.

EDIT: This was a case of me overstating my certainty. I should not have said this. I trust who told me but since I didn't see it, I can't legitimately proclaim this is true.

Last edited:
Some things are true whether you want them to be or not. I'm glad you think it's unbelievably absurd. That is a hopeful sign. What isn't very hopeful is that you choose to discount something that is going on. So sure, I'm just making it up. That has to be it.

I don't believe it's true. It is true. Multiple people who have seen it there including people who work at the school.
Where is it? Have you alerted the AJC? Pretty sure the pageviews that they'd get from this would be unbelievable. Of all of the people who have seen it, why can't you say where it is located? How many students are using it? No parents are picketing outside the school demanding answers. East Cobb parents are demanding answers if there children gets a hangnail or a B+ on a test, but there isn't any outrage about this?

You should definitely go undercover and expose this travesty. A real American would never let this stand in his own backyard.

Where is it? Have you alerted the AJC? Pretty sure the pageviews that they'd get from this would be unbelievable. Of all of the people who have seen it, why can't you say where it is located? How many students are using it? No parents are picketing outside the school demanding answers. East Cobb parents are demanding answers if there children gets a hangnail or a B+ on a test, but there isn't any outrage about this?

You should definitely go undercover and expose this travesty. A real American would never let this stand in his own backyard.

I really don't care what they do in public schools. We do not attend a public school and the sooner the entire system collapses, the better. The staggering number of kids who are sacrificed in the name of public education is an abomination. We should be serving all children in our society. Especially those who come from disadvantaged circumstances because breaking the cycle of poverty is critical to the long-term success of our nation. But I digress...

Why would I alert anyone about this? It's none of my business and if some kids thinks they are a cat or an animal, that's not all that far out of line with all the other stuff people want their kids to learn.

I'm for liberty and self-determination. If someone wants to think they are a cat, go for it. Just don't force that stuff on me and we're all good. Unlike so many, perhaps even you, I don't feel a need to tell people want to think. I just want the truth to be out there in all things.

As I said in the original post, we've lost sight of so much. Partisans on each side think they have all the right answers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Both sides have merit and value based on their positions. Furthermore, they each represent roughly half of the country. That's not going to change and in fact, we continue to create ever larger divides between us. That's not good for anyone and will eventually lead to horrors we can scarcely imagine. Instead, why not try to respect one another for our views and work together to reach compromise where we can and deal with each other based on truth and good faith?

Last edited:
Reactions: loveoysters

Reactions: TigerGrowls
I really don't care what they do in public schools. We do not attend a public school and the sooner the entire system collapses, the better. The staggering number of kids who are sacrificed in the name of public education is an abomination. We should be serving all children in our society. Especially those who come from disadvantaged circumstances because breaking the cycle of poverty is critical to the long-term success of our nation. But I digress...

Why would I alert anyone about this? It's none of my business and if some kids thinks they are a cat or an animal, that's not all that far out of line with all the other stuff people want their kids to learn.

I'm for liberty and self-determination. If someone wants to think they are a cat, go for it. Just don't force that stuff on me and we're all good. Unlike so many, perhaps even you, I don't feel a need to tell people want to think. I just want the truth to be out there in all things.

As I said in the original post, we've lost sight of so much. Partisans on each side think they have all the right answers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Both sides have merit and value based on their positions. Furthermore, they each represent roughly half of the country. That's not going to change and in fact, we continue to create ever larger divides between us. That's not good for anyone and will eventually lead to horrors we can scarcely imagine. Instead, why not try to respect one another for our views and work together to reach compromise where we can and deal with each other based on truth and good faith?
You post asinine, partisan rumors and then complain about partisanship. You are clearly the savior this country needs.

I thought that you said a kid at your son's high school requested a litter box. Now you don't have kids in public school?
Why would I alert anyone about this?
Why would you post about it on a clemson message board instead?

Reactions: yoshi121374
I thought that you said a kid at your son's high school requested a litter box. Now you don't have kids in public school?

Why would you post about it on a clemson message board instead?

I never said our child's high school. Go back and read it. I can help you with a lot but I can't help you with your reading.

I posted it in response to someone else and saying that it does not go on. Otherwise I wouldn't have said a word. Perhaps spend more time reading...

Just to recap, you started a thread about how we need civility and to "come together" to solve problems and not resort to extremism and name calling.

And here we are a few pages later, and you are claiming that your friend's cousin's real estate agent told you that there was a litter box in a high school in Georgia.

I would call you a buffoon. But at this point, you are just a caricature of a buffoon.

Just to recap, you started a thread about how we need civility and to "come together" to solve problems and not resort to extremism and name calling.

And here we are a few pages later, and you are claiming that your friend's cousin's real estate agent told you that there was a litter box in a high school in Georgia.

I would call you a buffoon. But at this point, you are just a caricature of a buffoon.
Cats have to $h1t....just saying.

Compare what Al Gore or Hillary did to what Donald Trump has done in the past two odd years. Oh wait, you can't. There isn't even a comparison.

Of course the riots were bad. I draw a line between what those people did and the former president calling for an election to the most powerful position in the world to be overturned without a shred of evidence. I legitimately don't understand how you nitwits can't grasp the difference, some angsty 20 year old dressed in black throwing a rock through a restaurant window or Trump in essence wanting a coup

There's also a massive difference between saying something to the effect of, "An election where one candidate gets more votes than the other but loses isn't legitimate, but I'll respect the system in place while calling for changes" and "The opposition committed fraud, hacked voting systems, printed out fake ballots, had their fingers crossed, etc, so I demand that the judiciary keep me in power while we conveniently sort it out." One is criticizing the facts of a situation, one is denying them entirely.

I understand of course that this might be difficult for the diseased mind to grasp
The only difference is the side you sit on and the narrative you want to push. That’s it…..that’s the only difference. Both examples are harmful to the electoral process.

Yep, the diseased minds, Trump, blah blah blah…..from your mouth to god’s ears.

So let's break this down....

I never said friends cousin's real estate agent or anything of that nature. That's your rather weak attempt to discredit what I said because you don't want it to be true. How's my statement a lack of civility? I simply said what I was told from someone who is an employee at the school and is there on a daily basis. If they weren't being truthful, I can't confirm that. I can confirm that a student asked for a litter box at our school because I was party to that discussion. Of course, that request was declined.

And here you are resorting to name calling, lying, distortion and trying to play off anything I say is pure insanity because you don't otherwise possess an answer. That's the playbook these days. Say anything to discredit, make fun of the person, post a twitter link and then move on even though you really don't have anything concrete to say. So the lack of civility entirely resides with you in this instance.

All I am saying with my comments related to this matter is there are a lot of kids that are really hurting and really confused. And why wouldn't they be? We have so betrayed our children in recent years it's and created a crisis where there wasn't one before with our total disregard for their well being in our desire to play politics with literally everything. Unless you lay claim to the litter box, this isn't a partisan issue. It's just a matter of the mental health of our young people and how confused we've allowed everything to become. Am I insulting you by pointing this out?

I very much want our nation to come together. But I had no idea my statement about something that is a reality whether you like it or not would cause such offense. Quite revealing actually. :)

Opinion polls of what people remember from up to 2 years after they graduated are not facts.
Also, you continue to use the "weighted data" in your arguments.
Teachers are only left leaning now because of asshats like you that don't want to spend any money on public education and want to question every decision made in the classroom through the viewpoint of the snowflakiest kid's opinion. When your campaign starts targeting people, they generally become part of the opposition.
Example: The Palmetto State Teacher's Association exists because they didn't want to be associated with the NEA (the national union of teachers). Their president ran for the REPUBLICAN nomination for State Superintendent. She also was running against Ellen Weaver and her inane, brain-dead, conspiracy-laden form of a 'conservative agenda.'
I bet you believe that they have litter boxes in classrooms for children who identify as cats.
What baffles me is how the left will absolutely latch on to “opinion polls” when it supports their narrative but try to sh*t all over it when it doesn’t.

Are the majority of teachers unions right or left leaning? Let’s start there.

Also, did you notice that the study doesn't recognize whether the kids are talking about teachers in high school or college and doesn't account for whether the high school or college is public or private? Seems like some basic level eligibility questions are missing if you are in search of accurate information and not fanning the flames of a culture war.

Yes because the basic tenant of scientific research is to SHOW YOUR RESULTS. If the data isn't ready, don't publish it. Also, how can you have already collected all of the data and need 3+ months to publish the information?
Don't publish without data, period.

Have you ever heard of something called anecdotal evidence? Show me evidence in a curriculum, a test question, a textbook, a class curriculum and we can talk. I've seen parents talk at school board meetings about the issue of children identifying as cats in high schools too. Does that make it true now?

Are your kids coming home with this kind of information? What are they saying? Have you spoken to the teacher about it?
So if I told you my kids did come home with some of these talking points, would you call it a bullshit opinion poll?

We had a very civil conversation with the school regarding the materials, some we didn’t really like and some we accepted. We were told it was introduced to NJ curriculum in 2021 and they were required to teach it.

So if I told you my kids did come home with some of these talking points, would you call it a bullshit opinion poll?

We had a very civil conversation with the school regarding the materials, some we didn’t really like and some we accepted. We were told it was introduced to NJ curriculum in 2021 and they were required to teach it.
Some additional info, specific to NJ:

CRT in New Jersey?

I never said our child's high school. Go back and read it. I can help you with a lot but I can't help you with your reading.

I posted it in response to someone else and saying that it does not go on. Otherwise I wouldn't have said a word. Perhaps spend more time reading...
You got me. I didn't go back and read the gender of your child. I'll correct my question. Want to answer it this time?

I thought that you said a kid at your son's child's high school requested a litter box. Now you don't have kids in public school?

---

You see, if your child is at a private school than it doesn't really serve a point in this conversation. A private school can choose to require each student to pay homage to the Chinese Communist Party because that's a PRIVATE institution and has nothing to do with public funding or public education. You have said "We do not attend public schools." Yet you discuss events our your private school as if it has something to do with public education. I know you are smart enough to understand the difference.

---

Further, let's discuss the health concerns that would come from having a human being shit in a litter box in a school with 1,000+ people in the building. I'm sure that wouldn't raise any kind of health code issues. I know all of the parents in east Cobb would be absolutely fine with having their children exposed to human feces in a littler box in an unknown room of the building. Are you really this gullible?

Last edited:

Show me where that's the case in the NJ curriculum. If it is required, than it is printed. I'll be happy to discuss it when provided with real evidence and not opinion polling.

Until that time, I would refer to your kids stories as an unsubstantiated data point.

Again, happy to discuss when you show the evidence, which I assume that you have after the conversations with the school.

I simply said what I was told from someone who is an employee at the school and is there on a daily basis. If they weren't being truthful, I can't confirm that.
If that person is okay with there being a litterbox that teenagers shit in at their place of work, I would question their sanity if they haven't raised absolute hell about it. I guess that you don't?

Also, way to distance yourself as much as possible from your own statements that you know to be batshit crazy for when you are inevitably proven wrong.

BTW, I asked to Cobb County principals who are in a GroupMe chat with me if litter boxes in schools has been discussed within the school district. They asked me WTF I was talking about so I shared your original claim. Everyone in the group chat got a really good laugh at your claims. Made for a really entertaining conversation today so thanks for that.

The only difference is the side you sit on and the narrative you want to push. That’s it…..that’s the only difference. Both examples are harmful to the electoral process.

Yep, the diseased minds, Trump, blah blah blah…..from your mouth to god’s ears.
Can’t help but laugh. Does nothing to address the points made

If that person is okay with there being a litterbox that teenagers shit in at their place of work, I would question their sanity if they haven't raised absolute hell about it. I guess that you don't?

Also, way to distance yourself as much as possible from your own statements that you know to be batshit crazy for when you are inevitably proven wrong.

BTW, I asked to Cobb County principals who are in a GroupMe chat with me if litter boxes in schools has been discussed within the school district. They asked me WTF I was talking about so I shared your original claim. Everyone in the group chat got a really good laugh at your claims. Made for a really entertaining conversation today so thanks for that.

Happy to entertain. I simply stated what was told to me and I have no reason to doubt that person. But you are on a trip that just seems really odd to me. You keep attacking but you don't listen to anything that has been stated or how it was stated. That's pretty typical stuff these days. People keep screaming but they never open their ears. You also clearly disregarded what I said in an attempt to confuse or misrepresent what I stated.

I never made a statement I saw anything. I simply conveyed what I was told. Now I did come back and say something that was probably a bridge too far in my trust of what I was told. That was a mistake. Unlike most, I don't ever lie so it's not hard for me to remember what I have previously said. If it is shown that what I was told is wrong, I would happily admit as much. I can handle being wrong. It's one of the ways we learn best.

In this case, a supposed GroupMe (which I would need convincing about because you have misrepresented, distorted and posted outright falsehoods in this post to try and win an argument) versus people who are there I am still going with the people who are there. Perhaps students bring it? I dunno. And like I said, I really don't care. I merely stated it as yet another example of the things people on the left say aren't happening that are actually happening.

Kind of like your argument about the stuff in New Jersey. No, CRT is not being taught in schools. Isn't that the left's line on that subject? And it's a true statement that CRT is not being taught in schools. It's a college level discussion and not something that is directly taught in public schools. That being said, elements of CRT are absolutely taught in schools. Just as thousands of schools around the country are teaching the 1619 project which is absolutely built on that same type of thought process. So by denying CRT is taught in schools they can say something that is true while masking what they know is going on which is that elements and off-shoots from CRT are absolutely 100% being taught in many school districts. This is also a demonstrable and irrefutable fact.

In closing, I was told there is a litter box at Walton HS. They are credible individuals and I believed them. Neither of us can actually prove what the reality is so I'm not sure where we go from there. Also, and separately, my kids go to private school. A young lady there thinks she is a furry. She has asked for a litter box to use. She was told no. Lastly, my point beyond this was that we have a serious mental illness problem with our kids in this country. How many sources do you want me to provide you to demonstrate that? I can go on for hours on that one. A significant portion of that deals with gender dysphoria and all this identity stuff. Again, want to refute that as a reality?

Check the GroupMe and let me know.

BS walks and action talks. Here is a true conservative stepping across the aisle to come together in love.

And this is after his initial attempt to facilitate meeting AOC for some detente.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: dpic73
Can’t help but laugh. Does nothing to address the points made
I guess you just lack the acuity to process.......not much more I can do other than just stop making them.

And to be fair, I'm not really all that bothered that you don't agree. Exactly the opposite, I don't know you from Adam and I'm questioning my own judgement for engaging with you on a chat board that I joined to talk about Football. I need to make better decisions

Show me where that's the case in the NJ curriculum. If it is required, than it is printed. I'll be happy to discuss it when provided with real evidence and not opinion polling.

Until that time, I would refer to your kids stories as an unsubstantiated data point.

Again, happy to discuss when you show the evidence, which I assume that you have after the conversations with the school.
Dude, I don't care enough about proving you wrong and myself right to go pull the curriculum and send it to you. I have a feeling that even if I dropped the proof right on your face, you'd still come up with a lame duck argument on why it's not CRT and dickpick would send me a 19 paragraph rebuttal with lots of purple hair liberals in videos arguing why white kids should be sorry for their privilege.

But ....when CNN put it on their website, it's tough to suggest it's not being taught.

Dude, I don't care enough about proving you wrong and myself right to go pull the curriculum and send it to you. I have a feeling that even if I dropped the proof right on your face, you'd still come up with a lame duck argument on why it's not CRT and dickpick would send me a 19 paragraph rebuttal with lots of purple hair liberals in videos arguing why white kids should be sorry for their privilege.

But ....when CNN put it on their website, it's tough to suggest it's not being taught.

You never tire of making shit up do you? For the record, DEI is NOT CRT but god forbid if people had to hear anything about people of another race - that would be a tragedy!

BS walks and action talks. Here is a true conservative stepping across the aisle to come together in love.

And this is after his initial attempt to facilitate meeting AOC for some detente.

Just a thought. Do you really want to swim in the same slimy water these people do? What's your goal here? Do you want to kill everyone who doesn't align with your thoughts? Put them in prison camps? Force them to leave the country? Or should we be trying to find a way to show good faith toward one another and live together as one nation in the best way we can? This is something both sides should be asking by the way.

All the personal attacks and hatred toward those we don't like aren't necessary. I don't like AOC at all. She's not a good person but also, I don't see a need to go after her with such vitriol. It doesn't hurt her but it does hurt us. Just a thought. Take some time and listen to this. I thought it was a really good discussion. We need a lot more of this!

Happy to entertain. I simply stated what was told to me and I have no reason to doubt that person. But you are on a trip that just seems really odd to me. You keep attacking but you don't listen to anything that has been stated or how it was stated. That's pretty typical stuff these days. People keep screaming but they never open their ears. You also clearly disregarded what I said in an attempt to confuse or misrepresent what I stated.

I never made a statement I saw anything. I simply conveyed what I was told. Now I did come back and say something that was probably a bridge too far in my trust of what I was told. That was a mistake. Unlike most, I don't ever lie so it's not hard for me to remember what I have previously said. If it is shown that what I was told is wrong, I would happily admit as much. I can handle being wrong. It's one of the ways we learn best.

In this case, a supposed GroupMe (which I would need convincing about because you have misrepresented, distorted and posted outright falsehoods in this post to try and win an argument) versus people who are there I am still going with the people who are there. Perhaps students bring it? I dunno. And like I said, I really don't care. I merely stated it as yet another example of the things people on the left say aren't happening that are actually happening.

Kind of like your argument about the stuff in New Jersey. No, CRT is not being taught in schools. Isn't that the left's line on that subject? And it's a true statement that CRT is not being taught in schools. It's a college level discussion and not something that is directly taught in public schools. That being said, elements of CRT are absolutely taught in schools. Just as thousands of schools around the country are teaching the 1619 project which is absolutely built on that same type of thought process. So by denying CRT is taught in schools they can say something that is true while masking what they know is going on which is that elements and off-shoots from CRT are absolutely 100% being taught in many school districts. This is also a demonstrable and irrefutable fact.

In closing, I was told there is a litter box at Walton HS. They are credible individuals and I believed them. Neither of us can actually prove what the reality is so I'm not sure where we go from there. Also, and separately, my kids go to private school. A young lady there thinks she is a furry. She has asked for a litter box to use. She was told no. Lastly, my point beyond this was that we have a serious mental illness problem with our kids in this country. How many sources do you want me to provide you to demonstrate that? I can go on for hours on that one. A significant portion of that deals with gender dysphoria and all this identity stuff. Again, want to refute that as a reality?

Check the GroupMe and let me know.
Wow, so your people telling you something are credible but me doing the same isn't credible. Maybe that's why you don't post bullshit hearsay on a public forum and indicate that you believe that it is a fact.

Next time I'm in Duluth visiting family, I'll happily show you my group chats laughing about the idiocy of your litterbox claims and meet you face to face for lunch. Should I DM you before I come to town again?

I'd be more interested to know how this is presented in the curriculum before making a determination but it isn't my state and it doesn't matter enough to me to look it up.

So I'll give you the point here if you feel like it is CRT and move on because neither of us feels like doing the work to look any deeper and arguing about the definition of CRT is a waste of time.

Wow, so your people telling you something are credible but me doing the same isn't credible. Maybe that's why you don't post bullshit hearsay on a public forum and indicate that you believe that it is a fact.

Next time I'm in Duluth visiting family, I'll happily show you my group chats laughing about the idiocy of your litterbox claims and meet you face to face for lunch. Should I DM you before I come to town again?

Hearsay is a rumor. This is something I feel was conveyed as a rumor. If it was, that's on me and my failure. I would take your word for it absolutely if you hadn't spent the entire thread misrepresenting and distorting things I have written. If you want to debate me, I welcome it. You seem like a smart person. I'm sure you could teach me some things and if you're open minded, the same would be true in reverse. But how about we come at things from a place of respect in the future?

As for when you're in town, sure! I would love to meet a fellow Tiger. DM me and we can get together. Clemson people are great folks even when we disagree about things.

Walton High School in East Cobb has a kitty litter box in the bathroom for the furries to use.

Such gaslighting going on. From both sides but one seems to never know when to stop saying "this isn't happening but we're sure glad it is happening."

I'd be more interested to know how this is presented in the curriculum before making a determination but it isn't my state and it doesn't matter enough to me to look it up.

So I'll give you the point here if you feel like it is CRT and move on because neither of us feels like doing the work to look any deeper and arguing about the definition of CRT is a waste of time.

The entire argument against CRT being taught in schools is one of semantics. No, CRT isn't taught in schools. But elements of it are everywhere. That's just reality.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: fcctiger12

There have been multiple things like this. I think Tony Dungy got in trouble for posting something that was discredited. But that isn't a story in the NY Times about what's going on here. I really don't want to die on this hill. It really doesn't matter to me. My point in all this is that our kids are a mess and it would be nice if we could be adults and help them. Like I said, I was party to a child asking for this in school. It's out there but I am heartened to know so many people are against it and won't endorse such insanity. Again, our kids are a mess and we need to be adults and help them. It doesn't take a litter box to see this problem either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT