ADVERTISEMENT

A thought on the State of the Union

I'd be more interested to know how this is presented in the curriculum before making a determination but it isn't my state and it doesn't matter enough to me to look it up.

So I'll give you the point here if you feel like it is CRT and move on because neither of us feels like doing the work to look any deeper and arguing about the definition of CRT is a waste of time.
You won't win no matter what because the culture warriors have decided that CRT is whatever they want it to be.

There have been multiple things like this. I think Tony Dungy got in trouble for posting something that was discredited. But that isn't a story in the NY Times about what's going on here. I really don't want to die on this hill. It really doesn't matter to me. My point in all this is that our kids are a mess and it would be nice if we could be adults and help them. Like I said, I was party to a child asking for this in school. It's out there but I am heartened to know so many people are against it and won't endorse such insanity. Again, our kids are a mess and we need to be adults and help them. It doesn't take a litter box to see this problem either.
If you really want to help then quit focusing on fake culture war issues and do something to keep them from being slaughtered in their classrooms. Until you take that seriously, your words mean nothing.

There have been multiple things like this. I think Tony Dungy got in trouble for posting something that was discredited. But that isn't a story in the NY Times about what's going on here. I really don't want to die on this hill. It really doesn't matter to me.
Than you care to admit that you were probably misled about what is occurring at Walton High School or others continue to point out how unbelievably dumb that point is. That hearsay claim is exactly what you and I have been discussing.

Also @yoshi121374 , the NY Times is a partisan publication. The system is also partisan.

Here's the Pulitzer Prize list for 2018 for the WaPo and NYT writers covering the Trump Russia story. Almost every article cited in this award was proven false. Just consider that for a moment before sourcing the NYT is some arbiter of truth.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
I continue to be shocked at the complete and total misrepresentation and just flat lies that many on the right state as facts about Public Education.

As I have stated multiple times, my wife is a teacher and has been in public education for over 20 years. I am frankly just flat tired and disgusted at the vitriol and hate we give public educators and teachers.

MY WIFE WOULD WILLINGLY DIE FOR YOUR CHILDREN!

She would do it in a second and not every consider it in a situation of danger, and yet some of you, who have zero education,training, or experience in the field then think that you have a right to judge what they do.

I generally like @Willence and think he means well, but this hatred of public education is just wrong. I believe he has stated that his wife had been a teacher and maybe she had a bad experience, but this blanket hatred and misrepresentation of teachers is wrong.

I know many,many public teachers and while there are some idiots, to paint the whole industry as some sort of weird, furry supporting, CRT peddling, Gender convincing, evil people is laughable, if it wasn't so sad.

It's so damn frustrating and probably why so many areas are struggling to find and keep teachers.

Also @yoshi121374 , the NY Times is a partisan publication. The system is also partisan.

Here's the Pulitzer Prize list for 2018 for the WaPo and NYT writers covering the Trump Russia story. Almost every article cited in this award was proven false. Just consider that for a moment before sourcing the NYT is some arbiter of truth.

Change the subject much?

Than you care to admit that you were probably misled about what is occurring at Walton High School or others continue to point out how unbelievably dumb that point is. That hearsay claim is exactly what you and I have been discussing.

No, I didn't say that. As I said, I was party to a request for this at our school as well. Let's for a moment say the information I was given was wrong and I'm an idiot for all the stuff I posted defending it. OK, I can accept that. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and it won't be the last. I was still party directly to a request of this nature. I know it's something that is going on now. And again, in the CDC study released this week a third of our HS aged girls are self reporting that they had suicidal ideations in 2022. That's a horrifying number. All this stuff is wrapped up in that decline in mental health.

As I stated earlier, I was wrong to be so declarative of this being a fact. I have edited my post but left what I said up because I should own what I said. I still contend I trust the people who told me this. I'm not going to back down from trusting folks I have known for a long time. If you take information directly from the person who says they saw it then that isn't hearsay. Hearsay is generally at least a third in line proposition.

Change the subject much?

He has yet to show a single source that his story is true. It's just a bullshit hearsay story that he heard and it fit his feeling about Public Education so he believed it.

I'm sure he has similar stories about CRT, Common Core, Child Grooming, etc.

None of which will be true, but they will be posted about.

Reactions: dpic73
I generally like @Willence and think he means well, but this hatred of public education is just wrong. I believe he has stated that his wife had been a teacher and maybe she had a bad experience, but this blanket hatred and misrepresentation of teachers is wrong.

I know many,many public teachers and while there are some idiots, to paint the whole industry as some sort of weird, furry supporting, CRT peddling, Gender convincing, evil people is laughable, if it wasn't so sad.

It's so damn frustrating and probably why so many areas are struggling to find and keep teachers.

LOL My wife IS a licensed, certified, master degreed, tenured, long time public school teacher. I am not throwing stuff from in the stands man. I've tried to get you to understand this multiple times.

You went on this long diatribe about teachers being great. I have no issue with teachers really. It's a very tough job. Please point to where I have said one thing derogatory about teachers? My issues are with other things. Quit making things about you and your wife and look at reality.

Reactions: loveoysters
It became about litter boxes when you brought that up though because it is hilarious.

I'm happy to keep you entertained. My argument is based on what I've been told and what I've seen. Your argument is it is so absurd it defies reality. I happen to agree with your argument about a lot of things but we have clearly seen that reality isn't a real good place any longer so almost anything is believable.

Reactions: loveoysters
I'm happy to keep you entertained. My argument is based on what I've been told and what I've seen. Your argument is it is so absurd it defies reality. I happen to agree with your argument about a lot of things but we have clearly seen that reality isn't a real good place any longer so almost anything is believable.
Political discourse at its finest. Any claim is possible because anything is possible these days.

What you have seen is that someone requested this at your child's school and it was DENIED. Big leap to assume it was accommodated at another school in the same region, especially one that is a public institution.

Political discourse at its finest. Any claim is possible because anything is possible these days.

You a lawyer? You sure like to twist words. It's amazing in all this that you've literally said nothing at all. You're just twisting every post. That's not good faith. I would agree with you about the discourse comment. You're not here to talk or anything else. You just want to distort and score cheap points that aren't even real. I stand by what I said. Twist it all you want. Done discussing this with you.

• Haha
Reactions: fcctiger12
You a lawyer? You sure like to twist words. It's amazing in all this that you've literally said nothing at all. You're just twisting every post. That's not good faith. I would agree with you about the discourse comment. You're not here to talk or anything else. You just want to distort and score cheap points that aren't even real. I stand by what I said. Twist it all you want. Done discussing this with you.
What you have seen is that someone requested this at your child's school and it was DENIED. Big leap to assume it was accommodated at another school in the same region, especially one that is a public institution.

Your statement:
we have clearly seen that reality isn't a real good place any longer so almost anything is believable.
My summarization:
Any claim is possible because anything is possible these days.

I continue to be shocked at the complete and total misrepresentation and just flat lies that many on the right state as facts about Public Education.

As I have stated multiple times, my wife is a teacher and has been in public education for over 20 years. I am frankly just flat tired and disgusted at the vitriol and hate we give public educators and teachers.

MY WIFE WOULD WILLINGLY DIE FOR YOUR CHILDREN!

She would do it in a second and not every consider it in a situation of danger, and yet some of you, who have zero education,training, or experience in the field then think that you have a right to judge what they do.

All part of the plan. Destroy the public education system

You never tire of making shit up do you? For the record, DEI is NOT CRT but god forbid if people had to hear anything about people of another race - that would be a tragedy!
Yeah, I mean.....it's not like race just hasn't been discussed in k-12 schools since like forever or anything.

What color is your hair today? You stick with purple or you mixing it up?

Yeah, I mean.....it's not like race just hasn't been discussed in k-12 schools since like forever or anything.

What color is your hair today? You stick with purple or you mixing it up?
I'm calling it Butthole Brown to match the thing coming out of your neck.

LOL My wife IS a licensed, certified, master degreed, tenured, long time public school teacher. I am not throwing stuff from in the stands man. I've tried to get you to understand this multiple times.

You went on this long diatribe about teachers being great. I have no issue with teachers really. It's a very tough job. Please point to where I have said one thing derogatory about teachers? My issues are
with other things. Quit making things about you and your wife and look at reality.

My wife now retired for like 9 years after teaching 30 years plus has all the credentials you mentioned above plus some

She and I both agree based on what she saw in her career and also what I see that teachers are God’s gift to mankind as Jesus was not a preacher but a carpenter and teacher

There are however evil forces pulling against the teaching of young minds the basic education and to think for themselves

Get rid of teacher unions would be the best first step

332367683_721656219446989_2093756996769463662_n.jpg

Let me add to that time with people who are closed minded bear traps

Who call others out in names and accusations to demonize them because they disagree with their words

Who don’t do a dam thing to make the world a better place with their actions but with their tornado and hurricane of words try to demonstrate how holy and right they are

You know who you are folks

This is a democrat who I can respect. She is an American and a decent person first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT