ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter in Florence

listen young dickface, faith without works is dead so of course there has to be action, but i dont think its too crazy to say that leading a spriritual life can improve your quality of life and possibly stop a few of these occurences. Nobody is saying just pray and that's it. Carry on with your usual though. Youve really hit bottom on the board

I am sorry but I think he probably takes your opening statement as a compliment.

I’m not calling people out for praying. Praying is a good thing. I’m calling people out who expect that praying will just fix it. It hasn’t and it’s not going to. We need to do something about it.
now you are participating like an adult..i agree that something needs to be done and that something is going to require somethign we dont have much of anymore: compromise

To be fair, @amynhop is praying for peace with the officers and their families. Although, I’m sure she has prayed for these types of incidents to stop. Both of which have never hurt anybody. So what’s the issue here? Is it that hard to leave it alone? Do you have some proof that her prayers have caused more suffering? No, so why even bother? Bad form brother.
Nothing wrong with praying for peace. There is something wrong in thinking that prayer alone will fix everything

Nothing wrong with praying for peace. There is something wrong in thinking that prayer alone will fix everything

I'm with you totally right here. Too many people believe that and do nothing to contribute to an actual solution. I just missed the part where she said that was all that was required. I think if this statement would've been made initially it wouldn't have come off so bad. I'm good tho.

Well this thread got obliterated. Lot of assumptions going on here. Also, I’m thankful the suspect is in custody.

May as well take it a bit further and get really existential and ask what prayer even is, or better yet, ask what god is and how faith and science interact with one another two thousand years later. Now that would be a fun and awful thread.

If there was more God....there would be much less of this.
This exactly! God has been removed from this country in little ways over the years. Prayer being removed from our schools, the ten commandments from public bulidings, Christmas is now a holiday. As you remove the hand of God, and He is the reason for this great country, you remove his protection. I don't care what history teaches, read the little booklet the blood trail. And yes sin and hatred has always existed, but never has it been so impersonal.

Rumor is the officer went to serve divorce papers and the husband shot the officer. Im hearing the wife is an attorney in town.

That's sorta what I'm hearing. Husband is a dis-bared attorney, wife is an attorney with a bad reputation, affluent neighborhood. Officers went to serve a warrant on the husband, he opened up on them. 1 officer dead, others critical.

This exactly! God has been removed from this country in little ways over the years. Prayer being removed from our schools, the ten commandments from public bulidings, Christmas is now a holiday. As you remove the hand of God, and He is the reason for this great country, you remove his protection. I don't care what history teaches, read the little booklet the blood trail. And yes sin and hatred has always existed, but never has it been so impersonal.

God has the exact same presence in my life as it did 30yrs ago. Actually more. Also, I haven't noticed any difference related to any president, leader or party removing God from anything I do. My life and spiritually is mine. If they take Good out of schools how does that impact anything? How do I know the people in a certain public school believes the same things I do? You could never be certain of that unless you send them to a certain parochial school of your choice. I don't want some random teacher at a public school talking to my kids about God. I don't want some morons leading a school district to have any say over how God is to be in any aspect of my children's lives.

We must stop blaming everything on the government. 99% of our leaders probably identify as Christians so any decision they make should have that in mind. For the most part. Everyone I'm around and most communities identify with some sort of God so likewise on how folks are raised for the most part. We claim to be Christians but can't even have a civil discussion or allow folks to believe as they believe. We need to stop blaming the government for everything and tend to our homes, community, leadership, etc in a way that reflects what we supposedly believe.

Prayer definitely works but the number of praying people in this country shrinks daily due to the progressive agenda... So our collective voice gets smaller by the day sadly...

But I'll try it your way... We need to "fix" it... Cops shot by active shooter...but you libs say both guns & cops are bad so do you really care?

Prayer definitely works but the number of praying people in this country shrinks daily due to the progressive agenda... So our collective voice gets smaller by the day sadly...

But I'll try it your way... We need to "fix" it... Cops shot by active shooter...but you libs say both guns & cops are bad so do you really care?
I don’t hate guns or cops. Cops need to do a better job. I don’t understand the mania around guns and the obsession about having one, just like you don’t understand the science of climate change

Reactions: OrangeForever
im assuming you are only talking about the traditional for of Christianity?

An officer of a shot during a traffic stop off of Hoffmeyer Road, that's all I'm aware of unless other officers have been shot trying to apprehend the gunman

Nah it was a domestic disturbance call and dude went nuts apparently. It was in Vintage Place

God has the exact same presence in my life as it did 30yrs ago. Actually more. Also, I haven't noticed any difference related to any president, leader or party removing God from anything I do. My life and spiritually is mine. If they take Good out of schools how does that impact anything? How do I know the people in a certain public school believes the same things I do? You could never be certain of that unless you send them to a certain parochial school of your choice. I don't want some random teacher at a public school talking to my kids about God. I don't want some morons leading a school district to have any say over how God is to be in any aspect of my children's lives.

We must stop blaming everything on the government. 99% of our leaders probably identify as Christians so any decision they make should have that in mind. For the most part. Everyone I'm around and most communities identify with some sort of God so likewise on how folks are raised for the most part. We claim to be Christians but can't even have a civil discussion or allow folks to believe as they believe. We need to stop blaming the government for everything and tend to our homes, community, leadership, etc in a way that reflects what we supposedly believe.
So what happened when bad kings of the bible were chosen and the people were lead astray to idols of and false god's of all kinds? This happened often to his chosen people, who by the way will sustain as a nation on his promise. We do have to do the right thing, but everyone that professes does not possess Christianity. Psalm 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." This was a Psalm to his chosen people as a nation. What did he say to Abraham about him being the father of many nations. This was all mentioned as a future knowing of Christianity, as his Son would be the author. The nation that forgets God as a whole, because of every individuals responsibility to being true, will suffer as a whole. We all have allowed past and present the thoughts and rights of those that just will not believe into our society. Its led us to think and slowly slip into the thought we can live along side those that don't believe. I'm speaking of other religions, it don't and will never work. The most sickening words I ever heard from a president was about being proud to no longer just being a Christian nation. And yes we were removing ourselves from being just a Christian nation before that.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
The difference is he doesn’t know he’s being condescending.

And, since you know that you're being a condescending prick, that makes it OK? Help me out here...

Look, I don't want to do this with you. You're one of the handful here that I actually read and find interesting, but you overstepped, badly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT