ADVERTISEMENT

Active shooter in Florence

This exactly! God has been removed from this country in little ways over the years. Prayer being removed from our schools, the ten commandments from public bulidings, Christmas is now a holiday. As you remove the hand of God, and He is the reason for this great country, you remove his protection. I don't care what history teaches, read the little booklet the blood trail. And yes sin and hatred has always existed, but never has it been so impersonal.

I’m a Christian and i find this idealism just as dangerous, actually more dangerous, than the godless country you believe we’ve become.

How is prayer being removed from schools ruinous to this country if prayer hasn’t been removed from our homes? When has Christmas ever not been a holiday? If you are a Santa and Christmas treeless Christian, you’d be the first i know. There is significant theological importance to Christmas, but don’t kid yourself into believing that overrides what Christmas really is to most of the western world. It is a holiday and most people care about the ‘merry Christmas vs happy holidays’ because it makes them feel like they are ‘winning’ as opposed to sharing the good news and hope of jesus’ birth.

So what happened when bad kings of the bible were chosen and the people were lead astray to idols of and false god's of all kinds? This happened often to his chosen people, who by the way will sustain as a nation on his promise. We do have to do the right thing, but everyone that professes does not possess Christianity. Psalm 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance." This was a Psalm to his chosen people as a nation. What did he say to Abraham about him being the father of many nations. This was all mentioned as a future knowing of Christianity, as his Son would be the author. The nation that forgets God as a whole, because of every individuals responsibility to being true, will suffer as a whole. We all have allowed past and present the thoughts and rights of those that just will not believe into our society. Its led us to think and slowly slip into the thought we can live along side those that don't believe. I'm speaking of other religions, it don't and will never work. The most sickening words I ever heard from a president was about being proud to no longer just being a Christian nation. And yes we were removing ourselves from being just a Christian nation before that.

All good. Addresses nothing I said tho. Nowhere they "removed" God should keep individuals from influencing their community, the United States. My family and faith has gotten stronger during the same period. It shows in every respect. Our leaders have always been corrupt. Evil has always been present. The difference is with the world being much smaller in this information age you get to hear about every murder, every war on every corner of the globe and on every block in the U.S. Makes it seem like there's more evil.

Reactions: flotiger
3 Florence Co Sheriffs Deputies shot
2 Florence City Police officers shot
One of City Officers dead

Two rumors floating
1. Serving warrant on son. Dad opens fire
2. Serving Restraining Order on Husband

Not sure which is correct

Long standoff
Lot of shooting

Nah it was a domestic disturbance call and dude went nuts apparently. It was in Vintage Place
Yep, you're right, the wife is a lawyer in Florence, one city officer has passed, 2 more officers have been flown to the hospital from the shooting site

This exactly! God has been removed from this country in little ways over the years. Prayer being removed from our schools, the ten commandments from public bulidings, Christmas is now a holiday. As you remove the hand of God, and He is the reason for this great country, you remove his protection. I don't care what history teaches, read the little booklet the blood trail. And yes sin and hatred has always existed, but never has it been so impersonal.

This country was founded on the principle freedom of religion. Religion was NEVER meant to be intertwined into our government, our schools, our jobs, etc. People left other countries and founded the US to get away from what you are describing.

All good. Addresses nothing I said tho. Nowhere they "removed" God should keep individuals from influencing their community, the United States. My family and faith has gotten stronger during the same period. It shows in every respect. Our leaders have always been corrupt. Evil has always been present. The difference is with the world being much smaller in this information age you get to hear about every murder, every war on every corner of the globe and on every block in the U.S. Makes it seem like there's more evil.
The last sentence of your statement! There isn't more evil, it has become more impersonable, it's raging more. I mean Cain hated Able for something Able did right and Cain knew it. Now people are getting killed for just sitting at a concert or going to school. Doesn't matter if it was a one bully revenge or hate against one person today.

Let me guess....you would rather we have those geniuses in DC pass some magical gun laws that will make all the bad stuff go away?
Not necessarily. But I do get tired of seeing people appeal to some magical figure in the sky to make all the bad stuff go away. At least the laws would be actual, real things.

And, since you know that you're being a condescending prick, that makes it OK? Help me out here...

Look, I don't want to do this with you. You're one of the handful here that I actually read and find interesting, but you overstepped, badly.
At least I’m self aware.

This country was founded on the principle freedom of religion. Religion was NEVER meant to be intertwined into our government, our schools, our jobs, etc. People left other countries and founded the US to get away from what you are describing.
To escape what Christianity offered us as a nation from what the Catholic church (religion) wouldn't allow with all the rituals! It was freedom from religion!

Not necessarily. But I do get tired of seeing people appeal to some magical figure in the sky to make all the bad stuff go away. At least the laws would be actual, real things.
They do that in Chicago more than anywhere else in the country. Check some stats on gun violence there sometime and tell me how that’s working out. As for your disdain for God, you had better hope you’re right.

They do that in Chicago more than anywhere else in the country. Check some stats on gun violence there sometime and tell me how that’s working out. As for your disdain for God, you had better hope you’re right.
I am right.

The last sentence of your statement! There isn't more evil, it has become more impersonable, it's raging more. I mean Cain hated Able for something Able did right and Cain knew it. Now people are getting killed for just sitting at a concert or going to school. Doesn't matter if it was a one bully revenge or hate against one person today.

You can pretty much say whatever you want and it'll satisfy whatever you believe. I believe what's pretty much a fact is we don't know if anything is more or less. It could be absolutely the same in every single respect. It could be less. We know that long ago they didn't hear about every single thing that happened, only in their small world. I'm guessing more people were openly murdered in the past when the law was scattered and less organized. Hell folks were being lynched and killed just 50 years ago. They were killed for just being black walking down the street. Or for just looking at a white woman. That's not happening anymore. So things are better even if they are bad. But like I said you can believe what you want.

Yes.

I would give up so much just to see the ‘country is going to hell crowd because no more prayer in school’ react to their kids having to pray facing Mecca every day.

Someone in Florence know anything? Hearing it is the husband of a known lawyer?

Yep, you're right, the wife is a lawyer in Florence, one city officer has passed, 2 more officers have been flown to the hospital from the shooting site

Update 7 shot, 1 dead. Search warrant situation and dude started blasting

To escape what Christianity offered us as a nation from what the Catholic church (religion) wouldn't allow with all the rituals! It was freedom from religion!

I’ll just leave this one right here for you. It’s the first sentence of a little thing called the constitutional amendments:

Amendment 1

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You can pretty much say whatever you want and it'll satisfy whatever you believe. I believe what's pretty much a fact is we don't know if anything is more or less. It could be absolutely the same in every single respect. It could be less. We know that long ago they didn't hear about every single thing that happened, only in their small world. I'm guessing more people were openly murdered in the past when the law was scattered and less organized. Hell folks were being lynched and killed just 50 years ago. They were killed for just being black walking down the street. Or for just looking at a white woman. That's not happening anymore. So things are better even if they are bad. But like I said you can believe what you want.

You sure that is not happening any more? I am not.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
I think if I had an imaginary friend that could stop people from getting shot but just didn’t, I’d probably stop talking to them.
God is not imaginary and is soveriegn. He can do whatever he likes. To be absent of the body is to be present with the lord. Maybe he wants to comfort those people himself. I highly doubt you have ever talked to him anyway. Satan runs this world currently whether you like it or not GOD will intervene when it applies to his will not ours and certainly not yours. You want to be on the losing side go right ahead and join the light bearer, no one in heaven will miss you I promise. Probably not to many on earth either.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Went to a really small private school in town with the oldest son in their family and I consider him a pretty good friend. I know almost no details but this is a family of like 9 children and a bunch are adopted. As previously mentioned the mother is an attorney. Rumors flying around everywhere.

This thread has gone horribly wrong. Let the people who want to pray, pray. The rest of us can form whatever opinion you want without demeaning their beliefs. @dbjork6317 you know that comment was fvcked up.

The reason all these crazy things started and continue to happen in such great regularity in this country is because this country has done everything possible to take JESUS and HIS FATHER out of everything. The closest thing to public prayer now is at a Clemson game and it’s watered down as to not “offend” anyone. It’s that simple. The more removed the country gets from Our Lord and Savior the more crazy, insane and unthinkable things will happen.

It should not be shocking nor surprising in any way. The very principals the country was founded on have been removed in large part.

Sodom and Gomorrah would look like a amusement park compared to the things taking place here. We could start with the 50M+ unborn babies that have been murdered and justified in every sick way known to man.

For the educated idiots that have decided some liberal nut job “professor” knows all and how the world was created my prayers go out to you.

God is not imaginary and is soveriegn. He can do whatever he likes. To be absent of the body is to be present with the lord. Maybe he wants to comfort those people himself. I highly doubt you have ever talked to him anyway. Satan runs this world currently whether you like it or not GOD will intervene when it applies to his will not ours and certainly not yours. You want to be on the losing side go right ahead and join the light bearer, no one in heaven will miss you I promise. Probably not to many on earth either.
Just stop with this nonsense. State God is sovereign. Bring up Satan as if the person you are speaking of is infected by Satan more than you becuse you claim God is sovereign. Play God yourself by emphatically declaring no one will miss him in heaven.

Your last 2 statements sound as if you are declaring yourself sovereign by playing judge and jury. In the same paragraph you declare God to be. A wonderful messsge to bring folks to the lord.

The reason all these crazy things started and continue to happen in such great regularity in this country is because this country has done everything possible to take JESUS and HIS FATHER out of everything. The closest thing to public prayer now is at a Clemson game and it’s watered down as to not “offend” anyone. It’s that simple. The more removed the country gets from Our Lord and Savior the more crazy, insane and unthinkable things will happen.

It should not be shocking nor surprising in any way. The very principals the country was founded on have been removed in large part.

Sodom and Gomorrah would look like a amusement park compared to the things taking place here. We could start with the 50M+ unborn babies that have been murdered and justified in every sick way known to man.

For the educated idiots that have decided some liberal nut job “professor” knows all and how the world was created my prayers go out to you.
It’s by far he safest time to live on earth in the history of earth

This has to be a troll. Seriously.

I couldn’t agree more. I would add that in today’s society it’s necessary to be clear that GOD is JESUS AND HIS FATHER. My head spins thinking of how many definitions of God people have. A lot are very deceiving. Such as the back of our “federal reserve notes”. A little research on that will make one physically ill.

Reactions: ELR1981
This is one of the goofiest things I’ve ever read.
Well you may be right, but at some point "You Got to Walk That Lonesome Valley No One Can Walk It For You" as the old song goes. And the beauty of all this is that we all get to find out eventually where truth is.
Eternity is a long long long long long long long long long long time and we all have to deal with our own actions. You better be right.

Reactions: shortbus22
I was at a concert recently and saw some signs for a gun control group called “No Thoughts, No Prayers”. I understand they want policy to change and that they associate people who pray with the policy they don’t like, but being needlessly abrasive isn’t the way to convince anybody but people who already agree with you. It’s just s foolish tact to take.

Anyway, it’s unfortunate that any time Christianity gets mentioned on a message board, we know one of the first few posts will he from a theologically illiterate atheist, followed by a bunch of responses from Christians that are basically preaching to the choir.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT