ADVERTISEMENT

Any one see Ed Oliver acting like

BAnksMcFadden

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2013
Greenville sc
clemson.rivals.com
A punk bitch? Houston has a limited number of over sized coats that are reserved for players that are playing (he is not, despite looking completely fine during warm ups) and he grabbed one and wore it for apparently a little while during the second quarter. Major Applewhite saw this and told him to take it the fvck off...A comment that Oliver apparently didn't care for
Check out @TBTimes_Bulls’s Tweet:

A punk bitch? Houston has a limited number of over sized coats that are reserved for players that are playing (he is not, despite looking completely fine during warm ups) and he grabbed one and wore it for apparently a little while during the second quarter. Major Applewhite saw this and told him to take it the fvck off...A comment that Oliver apparently didn't care for
Check out @TBTimes_Bulls’s Tweet:
And people want to draft this guy over Wilkins or Lawrence?

LOL

That dude will be a pro bowler in a couple years.

Do I think he should play if healthy? Yes

Is he a “punk bitch” bc he didn’t suit up for an unranked team to preserve his health in a meaningless game when he’s not paid now and is 2 games away from millions? No

Is McCaffrey and Fournette and Clowney and Bosa regretting preserving their bodies right now? No

LOL

Is he a “punk bitch” bc he didn’t suit up for an unranked team to preserve his health in a meaningless game when he’s not paid now and is 2 games away from millions? No

Is McCaffrey and Fournette and Clowney and Bosa regretting preserving their bodies right now? No

He's a punk bitch.

LOL

So why even come out and be with the team? Its all a show for this guy. Just quit. Don’t come out and play some bs charade like you care.

He isnt playing because he could give two sh@@s about this Houston program, his teammates, or coaches.

Just be real.

And im not sure this guy is pro bowling anytime soon (which isnt even that hard these days with the level of pride in that honor). They honestly should just get rid of that game. Nobody cares.

LOL

Just guessing here, but I'd imagine the whole "punk bitch" thing is more in reference to him going all "hold me back" on his own head coach over a fvcking jacket, more so than sitting out the game.

The whole thing was dumb, they made it a point to go and take the jacket off of him. Why does Applewhite give a shit?

Ummm because they only had a certain amount for players actually participating? This is not some new type of rule/standard/practice either. He got treated like everyone else and acted like complete chode.

Saw the pregame where he was running around, jumping and playing catch with no issues then they said it was his decision whether he would play or not. Dude just say you aren’t gonna play anymore

LOL

He’s a stud no doubt!

Reactions: The Mixed Mamba
The whole thing was dumb, they made it a point to go and take the jacket off of him. Why does Applewhite give a shit?

Because there are limited numbers of them. The players wear them to stay warm. He wasn’t playing. He isn’t bigger than the team. Kudos to the coach for keeping the standard of his program above the interests of one player.

Maybe because you set rules and, as a coach, you can't start changing the rules for some guys and not others or you lose the whole team. The jacket thing may or may not be dumb but my assumption is that Oliver knew he was not allowed to wear the jacket and he did anyway. That would piss me off as a coach.

Maybe because you set rules and, as a coach, you can't start changing the rules for some guys and not others or you lose the whole team. The jacket thing may or may not be dumb but my assumption is that Oliver knew he was not allowed to wear the jacket and he did anyway. That would piss me off as a coach.

I don't know if you've seen the way he came up and started stripping it off him but that is something you need to see.

LOL

Did you not watch the video? People don’t care about him not playing but the disrespect and selfishness he showed in the video is EXTREMELY concerning.

Because there are limited numbers of them. The players wear them to stay warm. He wasn’t playing. He isn’t bigger than the team. Kudos to the coach for keeping the standard of his program above the interests of one player.

You need to see the way he "asked" him to take it off and tell me if you feel the same way.

LOL

Nothing to do with playing or not, why act this way? It's about character and attitude, and it appears from this episode that he has very little of either...and yes, that will matter in the NFL.

I don't know if you've seen the way he came up and started stripping it off him but that is something you need to see.

Got zero problem with that. What is so hard to understand? You never see players WHO ARE NOT PLAYING wearing these jackets.
I dont think Applewhite got in his face or acted in a disrespectful way. Exactly how would you want him to tell Ed?

I would say more college players than not don’t love their college coaches. There’s not a lot of Dabo’s out there. A college coach is a means to an end, point blank. Especially at that level.

The coach literally physically strips a jacket off someone who was an All American and has done that University a huge service.

Am I saying Oliver was right? No. But, if I’m a NFL franchise that wants Aaron Donald 2.0 and knows as professionals I won’t be stripping a jacket off a player during a game, would I pass on this kid? Hell no!

@spskillz look at Applewhite taking a shit on Oliver.

tenor.gif

Got zero problem with that. What is so hard to understand? You never see players WHO ARE NOT PLAYING wearing these jackets.
I dont think Applewhite got in his face or acted in a disrespectful way. Exactly how would you want him to tell Ed?

You think yanking the jacket off of him is the best way to handle it?

LOL

He's a punk bitch for cussing good coach out in television for telling him to take off a coat reserved for players that are actually playing... Not only for sitting out like some other punk bitches like McCaffery, fournette and the ultimate doosh Clowney

Edit :the sheer fact that you compared him to those players proved my point

Interesting, what we don't know is if he had already been told to take it off and he didn't do it.

It looked like he was in the midst of being told and Apple came over there and started taking it off.

He's a punk bitch for cussing good coach out in television for telling him to take off a coat reserved for players that are actually playing... Not only for sitting out like some other punk bitches like McCaffery, fournette and the ultimate doosh Clowney

Edit :the sheer fact that you compared him to those players proved my point

Good coach?

And you’re letting another guy physically strip a jacket off of you in cold without saying anything back? I would question who the punk bitch is

Reactions: PKPTigers12
I would say more college players than not don’t love their college coaches. There’s not a lot of Dabo’s out there. A college coach is a means to an end, point blank. Especially at that level.

The coach literally physically strips a jacket off someone who was an All American and has done that University a huge service.

Am I saying Oliver was right? No. But, if I’m a NFL franchise that wants Aaron Donald 2.0 and knows as professionals I won’t be stripping a jacket off a player during a game, would I pass on this kid? Hell no!

Yea, i guess thats the difference between certain people. I would do what is right by my team. If my program is a “means to an end” and this time in your life is some type of burden.

Then just quit already and stop being a pain in everyones ass.

And i disagree on the most dislike their coaches. Id say most like their coaches. A large portion have life long relationships. The elite level of player is so few and far between.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT