ADVERTISEMENT

Any one see Ed Oliver acting like

Come on dude. Just because Clemson has a chance to beat Alabama doesn’t mean that they are the superior team. That is laughable. Again, Clemson could be superior on that fateful night, but to say they are the superior team is ridiculous.
and there is nothing clemson could do to make you say differently, is there? or would a 17 point win while forcing tua to throw 3 picks be enough? and no im predicting that

Reactions: TheValley91
They both weigh more, and despite that weight, they move freakishly quick. This is especially true for Lawrence. You would be hard pressed to find a DT of his size that possesses his quickness. With Wilkins is about his quickness and his motor. I have no clue if either are stronger than Oliver....I'm sure they are all about the same in that area.

This may be a moot point because Oliver might not be comparable to Wilkins/Lawrence considering Oliver isn't big enough to play DT in the NFL IMO. He might be listed as a DE.

I tend to think that Lawrence ends up going Top 5 after the combine. His quickness and agility for a man of 330 pounds is not normal.

Shree fitty...Dex has got almost 80lbs on Oliver

you must like something about the south if you went to college here..you got the same education as everyone you call dumb, which leads me to believe you dont really believe that

I love the south. I’m going to move down south at some point. I think Clemson is a solid school and I received a solid education, even though the business school does leaves something to be desired, but I was referring to the education I received as a kid through high school. My high school academic experience was much more difficult and stressful than my college academic experience, relative to the learning level I was at each stage. I’ll never forget going to an open house at Paul VI in 8th grade and listening to some alumni talk about how well prepared they were for college and that it was a breeze compared to PVI. I rolled my eyes at the time, but it couldn’t have ended up being more true.

and there is nothing clemson could do to make you say differently, is there? or would a 17 point win while forcing tua to throw 3 picks be enough? and no im predicting that

That’s not true either. Based off what we know at this time, @okclem ‘s statement is ridiculous. But things can change.

I love the south. I’m going to move down south at some point. I think Clemson is a solid school and I received a solid education, even though the business school does leaves something to be desired, but I was referring to the education I received as a kid through high school. My high school academic experience was much more difficult and stressful than my college academic experience, relative to the learning level I was at each stage. I’ll never forget going to an open house at Paul VI in 8th grade and listening to some alumni talk about how well prepared they were for college and that it was a breeze compared to PVI. I rolled my eyes at the time, but it couldn’t have ended up being more true.
well i grew up in columbia, sc and had the exact same experience so its not the whole south...follow the poverty and follow the educational shortfalls

That’s not true either. Based off what we know at this time, @okclem ‘s statement is ridiculous. But things can change.
i was asking you a question ..and you answered...if clemson does somehow look convincing beating bama, you might concede they are the better team? btw, i felt clemson was better in 2015 and bama was better in 2016 so i get what you are saying

i was asking you a question ..and you answered...if clemson does somehow look convincing beating bama, you might concede they are the better team? btw, i felt clemson was better in 2015 and bama was better in 2016 so i get what you are saying

I did answer. I was responding to your first question which means that my answer was saying that your scenario would change my mind

well i grew up in columbia, sc and had the exact same experience so its not the whole south...follow the poverty and follow the educational shortfalls

Of course. I just don’t see the point in stating the obvious that there are always exceptions to every rule or generalization. There were many southerners I knew at Clemson who were very intelligent and also a good amount who I thought shouldn’t be allowed in a community college, let alone Clemson.

Of course. I just don’t see the point in stating the obvious that there are always exceptions to every rule or generalization. There were many southerners I knew at Clemson who were very intelligent and also a good amount who I thought shouldn’t be allowed in a community college, let alone Clemson.
I don’t disagree. But I would say that’s true of a lot of places across the country.

Reactions: NovaTiger77
Come on dude. Just because Clemson has a chance to beat Alabama doesn’t mean that they are the superior team. That is laughable. Again, Clemson could be superior on that fateful night, but to say they are the superior team is ridiculous.

Good, you already have your excuse.

I'm kind of disappointed that this thread got moved to the round table. I wonder which late night mod pulled the trigger on that? I bet it wasn't Ard...

Ha! I just saw in another thread that you're a millennial, @NovaTiger77. That explains everything, the know it all mindset, the condescension, the front running, etc. You're just a friggin idiot kid.

I’m never one to completely discount snaps, but they don’t display the whole picture. How would Williams fare in the defense Donald played in at Pitt? Bama’s DL is allowed to penetrate more than any of the previous lines with Coach Kuligowski as the new DL coach, but they’re still a 3-4. That means that their baseline objective is always to eat up blocks and keep their LBs clean. Williams is also flanked by a stud in Isaiah Buggs and an immensely talented bum in Raekwon Davis, both of whom make plays (Buggs leads the team in sacks). You could say that makes Q’s job easier, but he’s still double teamed on a large portion of plays. Also, Bama’s schedule certainly isn’t anything to tout, but without looking, I’m guessing it’s better than what’s Donald faced as a senior. Just a few things to consider.
Some very valid points and should be weighed in. I'm just not sure I've seen a bigger playmaker as a DT than Donald was in college. Just seems on another level IMO. Shoot he's been in the league only 4 years. He's been to the Pro Bowl all 4 years and was selected as a 1st team All Pro 3 of the 4 seasons. Rookie of year and Defensive Player of the year already. I'm not sure we'll see another DT have this kind of impact in college and so early in their NFL career for quite awhile.

I'll think about that. But in the meantime would you be interested in a wager saying that someone who has 1st round talent slips to the 2 nd of 3rd round because of character issues?

Obviously it can happen because it did with Tunsil. Do you think he would have fell as far as he did if it didn't happen right before the draft and teams didn't have time to vet the information? I don't know, but I think not.

Nkemdiche is another who fell. I would argue though their red flags were much worse than Oliver. Oliver just got pissed at treatment, both of Tunsil and Nkemdiche had drug issues. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think teams shy away from that more. If teams were truly concerned about character issues they wouldn't draft a player period. Not just draft him later.

Again in Oliver's case It will be vetted by teams. He may fall a few spots, but no way he falls out of the first round.

Obviously it can happen because it did with Tunsil. Do you think he would have fell as far as he did if it didn't happen right before the draft and teams didn't have time to vet the information? I don't know, but I think not.

Nkemdiche is another who fell. I would argue though their red flags were much worse than Oliver. Oliver just got pissed at treatment, both of Tunsil and Nkemdiche had drug issues. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think teams shy away from that more. If teams were truly concerned about character issues they wouldn't draft a player period. Not just draft him later.

Again in Oliver's case It will be vetted by teams. He may fall a few spots, but no way he falls out of the first round.
You fvcking kidding me? Smoking weed is worse than borderline assault?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT