ADVERTISEMENT

Any one see Ed Oliver acting like

that might actually be true

I’m of course exagerrating a little as I don’t how good DTs of generations past really were, but he is the most dominant DT of my lifetime and the best player Saban has ever coached. It’s uncanny how good he is.

If you don't understand that the HC is in a position of authority I don't know what to tell you. LMFAO at "undress someone like that ...". Everyone has an opinion, but sorry my friend you are absolutely wrong ITT.

A coach has authority but punking his star player is uncalled for, as a result, he probably won't have the services (game or recruiting) of one of the most decorated players ever at his school.

Think he's in the right if you want, but ain't no recruit saying "look at how he handled his authority, I want to go play for him!" They now also know if you are injured or redshirting you are gonna freeze to death.

Last edited:
I’m of course exagerrating a little as I don’t how good DTs of generations past really were, but he is the most dominant DT of my lifetime and the best player Saban as ever coached. It’s uncanny how good he is.
yep, i dont even know what year the guy is...but i watched the ole miss and lsu games and he was the best player on the field, tua included

how many scraps have you been in? surely alcohol mixed with your arrogance went awry a couple of times? i used to run with a couple guys just like that

If we’re talking about actually “throwing hands” then not that many - less than two handfuls. You must have been a handful on your benders back in the day.

yep, i dont even know what year the guy is...but i watched the ole miss and lsu games and he was the best player on the field, tua included

Just a RS SO. He was a late developer. Only about 260 as a senior in high school and then redshirted as a true freshman to get stronger. He played some in the rotation last year at about 290. Now he’s 305 (his listed weight isn’t accurate) and hasn’t lost any quickness or athleticism.

Just a RS SOz He was a late developer. Only about 260 as a senior in high school and then redshirted as a true freshman to get stronger. He played some in the rotation last year at about 290. Now he’s 305 (his listed weight isn’t accurate) and hasn’t lost any quickness or athleticism.
man, thats scary hes that heavy and still looks like he could gain 15 lbs and be good to go

Reactions: NovaTiger77
Very
Please tell me you are serious. Not that it matters because you’ll just join under a different username.
very serious, if it only gets rid of your stupid handle that’s fine with me. I’m pretty sure they can ban you other ways as I’ve tried to just give a thumbs up to stupid post on FGF and they knew it was me. So I’m sure with you sending a request to Cris would do the trick.

man, thats scary hes that heavy and still looks like he could gain 15 lbs and be good to go

Yes, it is. He has no weaknesses. His first-step, flexibility, strength, motor, spacial awareness, read and react ability, hand usage, and just overall technique are all 10/10. If you focus solely on him you’ll also see that he’s held on practically every play. I’m not going to bitch about that as I know Bama’s OL gets away with holding a lot, but it lends even more credence to how insanely good he is. I’m also not going to sit here and act like I don’t exaggerate from time to time, but Quinnen IS the best Alabama player of the Saban era. It sucks that they only really get one year out of him. Exeptional kid too who lost his mom recently.

Very

very serious, if it only gets rid of your stupid handle that’s fine with me. I’m pretty sure they can ban you other ways as I’ve tried to just give a thumbs up to stupid post on FGF and they knew it was me. So I’m sure with you sending a request to Cris would do the trick.

Set it up right now. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes, it is. He has no weaknesses. His first-step, flexibility, strength, motor, spacial awareness, read and react ability, hand usage, and just overall technique are all 10/10. If you focus solely on him you’ll also see that he’s held on practically every play. I’m not going to bitch about that as I know Bama’s OL gets away with holding a lot, but it lends even more credence to how insanely good he is. I’m also not going to sit here and act like I don’t exaggerate from time to time, but Quinnen IS the best Alabama player of the Saban era. It sucks that they only really get one year out of him. Exeptional kid too who lost his mom recently.
holding isnt called much anymore for anybody...and you are not the only person saying that about him compared to other bama players..he will be a problem if clemson faces bama in the finals

A coach has authority but punking his star player is uncalled for, as a result, he probably won't have the services (game or recruiting) of one of the most decorated players ever at his school.

Think he's in the right if you want, but ain't no recruit saying "look at how he handled his authority, I want to go play for him!" They now also know if you are injured or redshirting you are gonna freeze to death.
In my opinion the coach should have just said take the damn coat off and been done with it, but you're making it out like he assaulted Oliver. By the way, I don't give a shit about Applegate or Oliver and don't care how this all plays out.

I’m of course exagerrating a little as I don’t how good DTs of generations past really were, but he is the most dominant DT of my lifetime and the best player Saban has ever coached. It’s uncanny how good he is.
Aaron Donald was more productive/dominant. Not meant as a slight to Williams as he's obviously filthy and he's younger than Donald was as SR, but in a given season single season he's not as disruptive.

Donald(13 games): 59 total tackles, 28.5 TFLs, 11.0 sacks, 3 PDs, 4 forced fumbles.

Williams(10 so far): 49 total tackles, 14.0 TFLs, 5.0 sacks, 1 PD, 0 forced fumbles.

In my opinion the coach should have just said take the damn coat off and been done with it, but you're making it out like he assaulted Oliver. By the way, I don't give a shit about Applegate or Oliver and don't care how this all plays out.

I can agree with this.

holding isnt called much anymore for anybody...and you are not the only person saying that about him compared to other bama players..he will be a problem if clemson faces bama in the finals

Appreciate that. Most people who are uninformed would call me a Bama homer for that statement, but it’s a widely accepted opinion among those in the know.

Reactions: Howard's Jock
I don't think I ever said you were crazy, just that your takes have been consistently pretty awful.

4ab508a896104d8d655847fec1ea8a6f.365x278x30.gif

Appreciate that. Most people who are uninformed would call me a Bama homer for that statement, but it’s a widely accepted opinion among those in the know.

How did you get so good at knowing everything? I'm not being sarcastic I would really like to know. Is it even possible for someone who lives in the south?

Aaron Donald was more productive/dominant. Not meant as a slight to Williams as he's obviously filthy and he's younger than Donald was as SR, but in a given season single season he's not as disruptive.

Donald(13 games): 59 total tackles, 28.5 TFLs, 11.0 sacks, 3 PDs, 4 forced fumbles.

Williams(10 so far): 49 total tackles, 14.0 TFLs, 5.0 sacks, 1 PD, 0 forced fumbles.

I’m never one to completely discount snaps, but they don’t display the whole picture. How would Williams fare in the defense Donald played in at Pitt? Bama’s DL is allowed to penetrate more than any of the previous lines with Coach Kuligowski as the new DL coach, but they’re still a 3-4. That means that their baseline objective is always to eat up blocks and keep their LBs clean. Williams is also flanked by a stud in Isaiah Buggs and an immensely talented bum in Raekwon Davis, both of whom make plays (Buggs leads the team in sacks). You could say that makes Q’s job easier, but he’s still double teamed on a large portion of plays. Also, Bama’s schedule certainly isn’t anything to tout, but without looking, I’m guessing it’s better than what’s Donald faced as a senior. Just a few things to consider.

just because youre right doesnt mean you arent a homer, dont get ahead of yourself

I’m not a homer. I got into an argument with half of Bamaonline last week when they were trying to say that Bama’s DL is better than Clemson’s. It’s close, but Clemson’s is still better. If Raekwon Davis was playing close to his talent level and not like a complete bum, then the lines would be at least equal, but the fact is, he’s been average this year. At this point, who knows if the light will come on for him this season. I call it like it is.

Reactions: Howard's Jock
How did you get so good at knowing everything? I'm not being sarcastic I would really like to know. Is it even possible for someone who lives in the south?

Simple. I’m not from the real south (Please save me that DC/Nova is south of the Mason-Dixon Line).

Just for the record Clemson will beat Alabama this year. Clemson is the superior team, just like 2016.

Come on dude. Just because Clemson has a chance to beat Alabama doesn’t mean that they are the superior team. That is laughable. Again, Clemson could be superior on that fateful night, but to say they are the superior team is ridiculous.

I’m never one to completely discount snaps, but they don’t display the whole picture. How would Williams fare in the defense Donald played in at Pitt? Bama’s DL is allowed to penetrate more than any of the previous lines with Coach Kuligowski as the new DL coach, but they’re still a 3-4. That means that their baseline objective is always to eat up blocks and keep their LBs clean. Williams is also flanked by a stud in Isaiah Buggs and an immensely talented bum in Raekwon Davis, both of whom make plays (Buggs leads the team in sacks). You could say that makes Q’s job easier, but he’s still double teamed on a large portion of plays. Also, Bama’s schedule certainly isn’t anything to tout, but without looking, I’m guessing it’s better than what’s Donald faced as a senior. Just a few things to consider.
Nah Donald is better. It's an accepted fact for those involved in football.

ADVERTISEMENT